Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

I wanna get this put on my kart helmet:

Don’t doxx noted Stroll Supporter Theophany

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

CratSock posted:

We literally took a train into Naples to get a pizza, then left immediately after. During the 30 minutes there, spent in a 2 block radius from the train station, we walked into a sidestreet full of angry migrant workers waiting to get picked up to do menial tasks, and watched several homeless people trying to rob tourists. Pizza good, city bad.

Imagine basing your opinion of a place on the two block radius surrounding the train station.

I mean you're not wrong, but c'mon.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Gigi Galli posted:

Imagine basing your opinion of a place on the two block radius surrounding the train station.

I grudgingly admit that there may be more to Naples than the train station area (I actually would like to have seen Galleria Umberto), but the area we DID see lived up to everything negative we had heard about the city going in.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

"I want to experience Italy in the most sterile bleached toned down way possible" - idiots in this thread

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

"I want to experience Italy in the most sterile bleached toned down way possible" - idiots in this thread

Minardi is dead. Get over it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

1500quidporsche posted:

What's the right way to experience Italy

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

Minardi is dead. Get over it.

They live. Maybe not for long.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Probable Constructors Championship this year;

Mercedes
Ferrari
Red Bull
McLaren
Force India
Renault
Williams
Haas
Sauber
Toro Rosso

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dudley posted:

Dear god don't make me agree with Wicka by claiming Brawn's car wasn't horribly hosed over by packaging that Mercedes in a time that most teams couldn't design a cup holder in.

It was also outdeveloped in the back half of the year.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

It was also outdeveloped in the back half of the year.

Can you outdevelop something that isn't being developed at all?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Honda is bad. See examples of them also breaking down in other motorsports.

Also the entire modern f1 formula.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Going to Naples.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

Don’t doxx noted Stroll Supporter Theophany

Stroll owns :shrug:

Gigi Galli posted:

Naples airport and Naples airport car park were ok. I'm glad I decided to stay in Amalfi instead of Naples, though.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Going to Naples.

Don't go to Naples. Go to Rome.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Human Grand Prix posted:

Mercedes
Red Bull
McLaren
Force India
Ferrari
Renault
Williams
Sauber
Haas
Toro Rosso

Ftfy

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Wonder how McLaren felt firing up an engine for the first time without having to crank it manually for several hours until it burps into life

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

Mercedes
Ferrari
Red Bull
McLaren
Force India
Renault
Williams
Haas
Sauber
Toro Rosso

Mercedes
McLaren
Red Bull
Ferrari
Renault
Williams
Force India
Sauber
Toro Rosso
Haas

McLaren will barely beat Red Bull to 2nd because Renault will give Red Bull all the lovely parts.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
One of these teams will win the Constructors Championship:

Mercedes
Ferrari
Red Bull
McLaren
Force India
Renault
Williams
Haas
Sauber
Toro Rosso

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ferrari is not coming in 5th you morons.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

Ferrari is not coming in 5th you morons.

I don't like Ferrari either, but man, I can't believe they'd fall all the way to 6th.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ferrari will be 3rd in the championship and there will be obvious examples of terrible strategy calls that prevented them from finishing 2nd.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Reminder that Mercedes and Ferrari having the two best cars doesn't guarantee they will finish 1-2 in the constructors race. Some teams have more than one competent driver.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I forgot who Hamilton's teammate was and had to Google it

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

1500quidporsche posted:

I drank an Aperol spritz, what more can you ask of me?

e: actually you should review one of those.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Aperol tastes real nice. I wish you could get the individually bottled Spritz here but IIRC we have weird laws about selling bottled or canned cocktails or something

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Norns posted:

Hiring a really nice touring car and going from one end of the county to the other visiting towns and cities as you go and having a recovery week at the end of it somewhere with a nice beach.

I did it in a Volvo estate for a month once and slept in the back of it, not quite the same as doing it in a Ferrari but I got to see some awesome art, which was nice. Rome wasn’t though. gently caress Rome.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I forgot who Hamilton's teammate was and had to Google it

I couldn’t figure out who the third man in the picture with Stroll and Big Bobby K was and what he was doing there for the longest time, and I still can’t remember his name.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

Mercedes
McLaren
Red Bull
Ferrari
Renault
Williams
Force India
Sauber
Toro Rosso
Haas

McLaren will barely beat Red Bull to 2nd because Renault will give Red Bull all the lovely parts.

lmao, care to take a toxx on that, friend?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Aperol tastes real nice. I wish you could get the individually bottled Spritz here but IIRC we have weird laws about selling bottled or canned cocktails or something

Aperol spritz is legit loving garbage. Just drop all pretence of being 'fancy' and 'european' and save yourself the money by drinking £2/l super strength cider. The taste difference is negligible.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

lmao, care to take a toxx on that, friend?

I'm already getting banned if Alonso doesn't win the title.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wicka posted:

RIP wicka

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

:(

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I once had to go the Italy. We visited a couple of cities I didn't like that much.

Then we visited Siena.

That was awesome. Siena owns. Almost as much as Senna.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

learnincurve posted:

Hiring a really nice touring car and going from one end of the county to the other visiting towns and cities as you go and having a recovery week at the end of it somewhere with a nice beach.

I did it in a Volvo estate for a month once and slept in the back of it, not quite the same as doing it in a Ferrari but I got to see some awesome art, which was nice. Rome wasn’t though. gently caress Rome.

One year we did drive from Venice to Geneva through the Alps. The drive was amazing, and I have longed to get back in those mountains ever since. Unfortunately the car we got was a big honkin' Citroen, which was a lot floatier than nimble. Still fun to floor it up the mountain coming out of the switchbacks.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

RIP wicka

It's not a very good toxx tbh, I'm gonna get myself banned if he wins too.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ferrari is going to win both championships

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

Ferrari is going to win both championships

lol

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wiliams-pay-driver-rhetoric-inappropriate-unnecessary-1005521/

loving lol, Williams trying to spin how the pay driver label is completely inaccurate in F1 by constantly bringing up how Alonso has Santander who went to pretty much every team.

They're trying to blur the lines between a driver being in a seat purely because the money actually opened that door vs. a driver with added sponsorship bonus.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Williams should spend more time focusing on being a not-poo poo team. Last out of the Mercedes teams, lmao. Force India had more than double their points haul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Williams is a pathetic team for pathetic fans.

• Locked thread