Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Bonus points if they’re lights and are camping spawn in the direction of the valley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Two platooning 46% shitters pinging the valley in Lakeville encounter for the whole 30 second start is as wot as it gets.

I assume they were top tier as well

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Two platooning 46% shitters pinging the valley in Lakeville encounter for the whole 30 second start is as wot as it gets.
only 30 seconds?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Just drive into the lake imo.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The new Glacier map shows that wargaming really never learn.

Obvious open trap area, clear corridors and loads of td camping spots.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I don't quite understand how the valentine mini marathon works, I've gained 6 tokens somehow, but can't re-complete any more daily missions for the two remaining ones...

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I played 2 games and they gave me a valentine?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

serious gaylord posted:

I played 2 games and they gave me a valentine?

those monsters

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Had an odd game today. First game in the T-34-85 since I re-bought it after coming back from my NA account.
This tank should work well with the T54 mod 1 as a crew trainer.

Also, I still love this loving tank.

You can do fun things when you're not top tier by using your speed and camo:

And when you're top-tier, you can actually faceroll and curb-stomp so goddamn hard, it doesn't even have to be a high-damage/XP game to be fun.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

BadLlama posted:

Just drive into the lake imo.

World of Tanks: Just drive into the lake imo

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
So they got the Alpine Tiger on NA shop?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MariusLecter posted:

So they got the Alpine Tiger on NA shop?

It's a great tank for idiots that don't know how to research if a tank is poo poo.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Had an odd game today. First game in the T-34-85 since I re-bought it after coming back from my NA account.
This tank should work well with the T54 mod 1 as a crew trainer.

Are those percents people's winrates? Err a lot of percents there.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

One is usually overall win rate and then tank specific winrate. Don't run mods like that unless you want to be really depressed.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

BadLlama posted:

One is usually overall win rate and then tank specific winrate. Don't run mods like that unless you want to be really depressed.

As it is I don't even display player names and have disabled chat. Makes me feel a little better about my sub 50% winrate seeing all those 40s.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
Duzzy Funlop, The hype 64 is the most fun tier 6. I wouldn't be surprised if the momos weren't all trying for the raider medel for that sweet 1.5x exp.

What's up with those nerfed wn8 colors though?

2Jets fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Feb 17, 2018

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

So what do you do as the KV-1 against tier VII tanks? I've got like a 30% win rate on that tank because it's super slow and you can't hurt anyone. Seems silly to be one of the only heavy tanks but then get stomped by light tanks.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

appropriatemetaphor posted:

So what do you do as the KV-1 against tier VII tanks? I've got like a 30% win rate on that tank because it's super slow and you can't hurt anyone. Seems silly to be one of the only heavy tanks but then get stomped by light tanks.

You want to feel bad? Check out the japanese type-95 some time. Your kv-1 can outrun it. And for this amazingly slow speed, you lack the armor to even stop a m4 sherman's derp cannon from full penning you. Not only that, but because of your lack of armor, wargaming was gracious enough to endow you with an hp pool that mirrors the damage of said derp.

No, I'm not making that up, I once got near one shot by a derp sherman in that thing. A couple of battles later, I gave up and free-xped to the o-i exp.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Aced the E25 by being stupid and chasing medium tanks across the map shooting them up the rear end.

And I also had probably the best game I have ever played. Clowned on an entire flank, facehugged the t-44-100 to death and then took 1200hp off the VK1001, all the time I was on 51hp through constant tracking shots. I kept that up until the stupid loving borsig on my team finally got some balls and drove forward to kill him. The very first time I've felt I turned a certain loss into a win.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

2Jets posted:

Duzzy Funlop, The hype 64 is the most fun tier 6. I wouldn't be surprised if the momos weren't all trying for the raider medel for that sweet 1.5x exp.

What's up with those nerfed wn8 colors though?

How do you mean?

I also just had a game were I got to apply my tank's dpm for more than one minute straight. I legit can't recall a time, where I got to sit in one spot and literally shoot and pen target after target for a solid minute and then some.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Stay behind your top tier heavies, try to sneak in a shot if absolutely sure you can do it without getting killed. Track the targets you know you can’t pen. Get the hell out of there when your top tiers start dying.

Improve your win rate by winning in games you’re top tier. You didn’t lose the tier VII games, your dumb teammates did.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

serious gaylord posted:

Aced the E25 by being stupid and chasing medium tanks across the map shooting them up the rear end.
I wish I got this sort of opportunity more often. I mean I did chase an idiot in an AMX 13 90 around Steppes doing just that with my CDA 105 last night, but by the time I got rid of the fucker (he thought he could outrun me by driving in circles during his reload, the fool) the rest of the enemy team had crumbled and been washed away.

In other news the EVEN 90 is more fun than it has any right to be, and platooning with another EVEN 90 is great for frustrating big dumb heavies when they're isolated

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I wish I got this sort of opportunity more often. I mean I did chase an idiot in an AMX 13 90 around Steppes doing just that with my CDA 105 last night, but by the time I got rid of the fucker (he thought he could outrun me by driving in circles during his reload, the fool) the rest of the enemy team had crumbled and been washed away.

In other news the EVEN 90 is more fun than it has any right to be, and platooning with another EVEN 90 is great for frustrating big dumb heavies when they're isolated

I love the Even 90. People get SO MAD at you . Drive by's on tier 10 td's before zipping off going woob woob woob is my life now.

Also to follow on from idiot E25 things...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmjwr08ioSw

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Watch this game immediately.

to.

the.

end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ob6Su6EjKQ

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

to.

the.

end.

I got massive flashbacks to driving around in GTA and running over pedestrians.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

to.

the.

end.

Circons youtubes are always a top top choice.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Last couple of days have been fun.

Mostly WZ-120-G-FT, T-35-85, and T-54 mod1.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Duzzy Funlop posted:

to.

the.

end.

Typical 13/57f match

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

I don't play tier X very often, but today I queued my T-62A into a grand battle and after about a minute into the game I was promptly oneshotted by an FV40005. 1950 damage.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ROFLburger posted:

I don't play tier X very often, but today I queued my T-62A into a grand battle and after about a minute into the game I was promptly oneshotted by an FV40005. 1950 damage.

"Fun and immersive gameplay!"

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ROFLburger posted:

should have been playing your 907 homie

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Some t28 waterhead teamkilled me close to the end of a match because I "got in his way for 6th kill", but then he got one more enemy kill anyways.

So he msgs me all smug afterwards and says "I got my 6th kill" and I was all.. ahh nawww ya didn't brah... you got a -1 for teamkilling, that's why you didn't get the Top Gun badge CHECKMATE!!!!!!!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

moolchaba posted:

Some t28 waterhead teamkilled me close to the end of a match because I "got in his way for 6th kill", but then he got one more enemy kill anyways.

So he msgs me all smug afterwards and says "I got my 6th kill" and I was all.. ahh nawww ya didn't brah... you got a -1 for teamkilling, that's why you didn't get the Top Gun badge CHECKMATE!!!!!!!

They actually got seven kills.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Hellsau posted:

They actually got seven kills.

IT WAS YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Circon + elc even 90?

Lets go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFGhHptjC6c

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I easily murdered a Even 90 that was trying to circle my T-54 mod 1 to death and missed twice and bounced it's other shot, shot it 3 times and rammed it for ez kill :feelsgood:
to sum up, the T-54 mod 1 is a good tank and the Even 90 is not.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yarXp-4_PSA

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
In fact just watch his streams during the week theres always gold.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I thought the EVEN 90 was a tier 7.

lol that they put that poo poo in at tier 8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What's all this about a "rewardtank for February" he's talking about?