Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Samurai Sanders posted:

For people who have played Bayonetta 1 on the Switch and the Xbox 360, how do they compare?

People are saying it’s the best running console version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I have come to understand why some people play games or whatever while on the toilet but I don't think that's ever gonna be me.

Pop out some kids and I guarantee you, you’ll spend as much time on the can as you can get away with.

That’s “Papa time”.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I want this but it’s all the DQ games including spinoffs. Especially spinoffs. Imagine Rocket Slime 4 on Switch.:3:

Making DQ12 for the Switch with DQ98-style co-op would make me throw all the moneys at Square Enix.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Making DQ12 for the Switch with DQ98-style co-op would make me throw all the moneys at Square Enix.

They have to acknowledge the Switch version of DQ11 first. Still waiting to find out how that's turning out!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

SeANMcBAY posted:

People are saying it’s the best running console version.

Which people

Because if it's my Cousin Sal, don't believe a drat word he says, he's never even been to a rooftop party.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
"running"

DQ Builders has been a great purchase so far. Do you keep items / Colossal chests between worlds? I need to know how badly to restrict my hoarding.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mega64 posted:

Which people

Because if it's my Cousin Sal, don't believe a drat word he says, he's never even been to a rooftop party.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-is-switch-bayonetta-the-definitive-console-version

Actually they say the 360 one running on Xbox One X is slightly better.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

For people who have played Bayonetta 1 on the Switch and the Xbox 360, how do they compare?

I cant see whats happening on the 360...is the screen inside the box? What were they thinking?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Real hurthling! posted:

I cant see whats happening on the 360...is the screen inside the box? What were they thinking?

They sell the screens separately. That's the scam.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Welp, the one time i ever try Amazon release day delivery (for bayonetta) it says "out for delivery by 8 pm" all day and then at 8 it changes to "now expected Feb 17-20"

Awesome. I paid extra for that too

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tim Burns Effect posted:

Welp, the one time i ever try Amazon release day delivery (for bayonetta) it says "out for delivery by 8 pm" all day and then at 8 it changes to "now expected Feb 17-20"

Complain to Amazon. Literally every time I’ve had an issue with them, they’ve just refunded me for the item and told me to keep it. They have so much money that they don’t give a poo poo.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

SeANMcBAY posted:

Complain to Amazon. Literally every time I’ve had an issue with them, they’ve just refunded me for the item and told me to keep it. They have so much money that they don’t give a poo poo.

I talked to the customer service rep earlier, went to Best buy and then cancelled my order. I need to talk to them to see if they can just turn it around instead of it getting to me in 3 days and then sending it back.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Feenix posted:

Pop out some kids

sorry, I only make good decisions in my life

Hyped
Jan 28, 2004
If anyone is looking to pick up a pro controller they're $50 at walmart right now. They go for about that used on ebay.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Pro-Controller-HACAFSSKA/55485228

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Feenix posted:

Pop out some kidsBe adjacent to kid-popping and I guarantee you, youll spend as much time on the can as you can get away with.

Thats Papa time.

Ftfy, daddy.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I'm in Japan and Switch is $150 cheaper here than at home in Australia. Gonna buy one.

Accessories and games are about parity after conversion but more range for accessories here for sure. What should I grab? A long charge cable and what else?

Any games that are Japan only and either really good or sought after by weeaboos that I could sell at home for a tidy profit??

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Seiken Densetsu Collection maybe?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Tim Burns Effect posted:

Amazon's great for release date delivery except for Nintendo games, never use it for them.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Walmart has the Spla2n joycon for $61 shipped. That’s a loving steal. Target has them for $86.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Laserface posted:

I'm in Japan and Switch is $150 cheaper here than at home in Australia. Gonna buy one.

Accessories and games are about parity after conversion but more range for accessories here for sure. What should I grab? A long charge cable and what else?

Any games that are Japan only and either really good or sought after by weeaboos that I could sell at home for a tidy profit??

Mon hun xx

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012

ethical_rage posted:

If anyone is looking to pick up a pro controller they're $50 at walmart right now. They go for about that used on ebay.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Pro-Controller-HACAFSSKA/55485228

Nice, thanks.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Here's how you can connect your switch to a 1974 JVC Videosphere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SGv11f1dA

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

onesixtwo posted:

DQ Builders has been a great purchase so far. Do you keep items / Colossal chests between worlds? I need to know how badly to restrict my hoarding.

Nah, new worlds are a fresh start. It winds up being kind of nice because it frees you from the massive pile of poo poo you eventually accumulate and lets you go into building a new town with more player knowledge about how to more efficiently structure things, and a blank slate to try and make more grandiose or weird stuff outside of four walls and a door. In conjunction with having different materials and progression of items and decorations and whatnot it does a great job of not making you feel bad for leaving behind the previous town.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

It seems like my Switch charges more slowly in the dock while playing Zelda than while playing most other games. Has anyone else noticed this?

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
For portable devices like the Switch, you're constantly using the battery, even when you're docked and plugged in. Zelda uses more juice than a lot of Switch games, so you recover charge more slowly.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Weedle posted:

It seems like my Switch charges more slowly in the dock while playing Zelda than while playing most other games. Has anyone else noticed this?

That’s probably true. It uses more processing power.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Man Bayonetta 2 is so loving good. I played through it on Wii U but only once on Normal mode and I had a bunch going on IRL at the time and was kinda distracted, but I'm throwing myself into it now and I love it. It's probably the perfect action game

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
My bayonetta 1 code isn't working :(

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Consummate Professional posted:

My bayonetta 1 code isn't working :(

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/964705732019945472

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Yeah. The chat is closed so I'll have to mess with it tomorrow. Guess I'll check 2 out first

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Noctone posted:

sorry, I only make good decisions in my life

Yeah, you not reproducing seems like the smart move.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

SeANMcBAY posted:

Man they always just comp me a month of prime which is basically worthless because I'm gonna renew for a year anyway.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Considering probably twenty people bought Setsuna and Lost Sffffpheareaerrere on the Nintendo Switch, SE must be extrapolating from that and realizing they'll be selling literal billions of copies of their latest FF4 port once they release it for The Perfect Console™.

Hopefully not just 4. I would buy even the ugly version of FF6 if they put it on the Switch. I'm not proud of that fact.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I’m into Chapter 2 of Bayonetta 1. This is my first Bayonetta experience, I definitely suck rear end at the game but I am having a ton of fun.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mahoning posted:

I’m into Chapter 2 of Bayonetta 1. This is my first Bayonetta experience, I definitely suck rear end at the game but I am having a ton of fun.

It’s pretty tough even on normal so don’t get discouraged by getting lovely rewards after chapters in the first playthrough.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Mahoning posted:

Witch Time gets my vote for the most fun gamefeel mechanic to show up in a game in easily the last decade. It sounds really simple on paper (time a dodge at the last minute, get a split second of "bullet time") but something about the way that every number involved got tweaked makes it incredibly satisfying. The window for timing your dodge is JUST tight enough, and the moment of Witch Time you get is just long enough to make it impactful but also short enough to keep it tantalizing

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's a good enough mechanic freaking Zelda stole it

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Haha I'm in the first mission or prologue of bao 2. This game is loving nuts

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's a good enough mechanic freaking Zelda stole it

Lol i forgot about that, I never quite got the timing down in BotW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Consummate Professional posted:

Haha I'm in the first mission or prologue of bao 2. This game is loving nuts
Its tagline in Japanese is "climax from the beginning" so yeah.

• Locked thread