Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Re;Birth3 has an issue that carries over from Victory and thus can't really be helped: everyone has something to say, and they all talk for forever. The script is just exhausting to get through, and I couldn't deal with it after already having dealt with Victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Takoluka posted:

Re;Birth3 has an issue that carries over from Victory and thus can't really be helped: everyone has something to say, and they all talk for forever. The script is just exhausting to get through, and I couldn't deal with it after already having dealt with Victory.

Whether or not they have something to contribute, as if the Nep characters had all gotten together to discuss Nintendo Switch rumors.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Rebirth3/Victory actually does have some plot relevance to VII(R) so at least watch the rest of the story.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Special unlocks
https://twitter.com/azurlane_staff/status/956391216018440193
https://twitter.com/azurlane_staff/status/956344201653862400

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Those are the dresses they wore in the anime, right?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Actually Vert and Blanc have new dresses.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Wind Tempest posted:

I hope the next Neptunia game has a special move that gives Neptune that shipgirl firepower. Or at least a reference to ship girls.

they already have shimakaze (she's the fastest) in rebirths 2 and 3 and the kancolle admiral is in VII(R) complaining about grinding and mats

a full shipgirl char would be great though

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jan 29, 2018

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Space Flower posted:

they already have shimakaze (she's the fastest) in rebirths 2 and 3 and the kancolle admiral is in VII(R) complaining about grinding and mats

a full shipgirl char would be great though

Her name is Kazeshima.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

I am the culmination of all that is wrong with japan.
It seems that Vert in Azur Lane gets a reload and defense stat boost for every little sister destroyer in the Fleet.

Too bad the CPU candidates aren't in this event. I want my Nepgear.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dengekionline/status/960729845222187009

Neptunia Rebirth is being remade for PS4

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is this a joke? :psyduck:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
It's not April 1st yet, IF.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
How did they resist calling it Neptunia Rebirth1 Rebirth1?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They have their shiny new engine for PS4. Idea Factory is going to use it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If they fix the lovely early game (all game? I never finished it) progression I'm all for it.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Why, though? Why remake a remake right after remaking another game!? A game they made after making 3 remakes!?

Why not just make a new game? Are they going to keep remaking the same 4 g-... Oh...

Edit: I guess they can keep farming out to Tamsoft for new action games of variable quality while they keep remaking the same 4 games into eternity.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Given the + part I'm expecting it to be a straight port of the Vita game with some extra bits and thus probably costs them like $50.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Without a low budget platform like Vita around anymore they probably feel the need to increase the amount of recycling going on. Although a Switch port probably wouldn't be raising as many eyebrows.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you're not a PC gamer, the only other option is a Vita/PSTV to play Neptunia (and the latter doesn't have RB1 in the west.) A PS4 version is a huge untapped market.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Thinking about Rebirth 1 again made me remember what a good battle theme Splash is and I really wish it'd pop up again in some form in a boss fight later in the series or something.

One thing I've felt Neptunia always liked was any kind of identifiable theme that you hear and immediately think "That's Nep!"

Except for this, I guess.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:lol:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
"Like a nut you can play with outside" holy poo poo how did I ever forget those insane PSP commercials. Also, Vita sister when?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think Uni just wordlessly because the Vita and Rom and Ram upgraded to 3DS

In the next Nep game Rom and Ram will be joycons I guess??

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yeah, in Producing Perfection, Uni says you're holding on to her, and that was a Vita title. Also, one of her attacks is NGP, which was the codename for the Vita (Next-Gen Portable).

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?
Lost it at "sanae kochiya", lost it again at "wait a sec this isn't touhou" because gently caress if it fits both of them.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Idea Factory doesn't want to kill off any characters that weren't already dead prior to Neptune's generation. Any new consoles will be power levels.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

In the next Nep game Rom and Ram will be joycons I guess??
They could be nintendo's mobile games. (make one ios themed, the other android)

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Tengames posted:

They could be nintendo's mobile games. (make one ios themed, the other android)

There was already a game about mobile games, and then after the opening cutscene, they forgot it was about mobile games and then it was just boring.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
We have a PC release date for 4GO. 2/27.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Dehry posted:

Idea Factory doesn't want to kill off any characters that weren't already dead prior to Neptune's generation. Any new consoles will be power levels.

I so badly want a dramatic, over the top Dragonball Z style transformation where Blanc becomes the Switch equivalent.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

Finally. Can't wait for the Tamsoft to wash over me in a mediocre tide.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

orphean posted:

Finally. Can't wait for the Tamsoft to wash over me in a mediocre tide.

Honestly I had a blast with 4GO, it was way better than other Tamsoft titles and the lack of any plot meant the neps could just relax and chill, which is when nep writing is best. It's by no means a difficult game but it was at least fun to go through, hopefully the PC port isn't poo poo

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
I actually liked Neptunia U. I'm the one person. It's me. Megatagmension made me sad though :smith:

Fully expecting to enjoy 4GO.

Edit:

As long as I'm nepchatting, Neptunia Rebirth Rebirth and VIIR being the 'new' games is pretty dissapointing. Make a 6 already.

Not that it matters since I'll be buying both but still irks me.

orphean fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Feb 18, 2018

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008
Nepflix and chill

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nep U was my first Nep Plat Trophy. Blanc v Zombies is the first Nep game I actively gave up on and never played again.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

4GO was the first Nep game I actually finished instead of getting bored after 10 hours and also platinum because it was easy

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hopefully they fix the parry counter missing 90% of the time.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Man, too many games coming out at the end of February/beginning of March. But I've waited for 4GO too long to skip it for later.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Last night I caved and bought a PSVR just to be able to enjoy the upcoming release of VII-R to the fullest.

I started playing this series because I remember a random thread on here years ago saying it was terrible and I was able to get Victory for $10. It didn't look that bad from Youtube videos I checked so I gave it a shot, and I think at first I was kinda hate playing it but by the end I really liked it. I drink my morning coffee out of a Nep Nep mug now, and I just bought a Nepulus Grift so I can play more Nep. What happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Moé is a plague with a high infection rate