Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
IDK specifics on emp but it's probably similar to Seru.
Seru open world you send someone up with key and then they aggro and you find a spot where you can spot heal / bard song / buff from the door area.
If you do it right he'll warp to zone in for a bit before warping back and if you tag him in time then bob's your uncle.

edit: might have been a 2 person chain aggro that we did it with, maybe bard with DA song and a cleric or something? I forget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The banning for solo pulling Seru is probably just a game of telephone from some drama when Luclin was current. There's a hole at the top of the dome he's in and people found a way up there. They also found there's a spot to stand at the lip of the whole where you can nuke, stay in combat and his AI can't handle it and stays still. The people that were caught doing it ate a temp ban and a roll back.

Luclin was terrible for pathing loop holes like that. I know there was a similar one in Grieg's, Umbral Planes and the Vampire Castle. If a caster was on the spot and maintaining aggro the mobs would even ignore melee beating on them.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

xZAOx posted:

I don't know about Seru, but Emp definitely. And our guild, and I'm sure many others, did it the entirety of Luclin. Noone ever got banned.

You can do it for VT too, although our guild didn't do that, although most did. We should have, VT is loving terrible. Noone ever got banned.

I don't remember the exact strat for Emp though. I know sometimes people died trying to do it. I *think* it involves someone porting up, getting aggro, then getting a heal from a cleric at the raid, then cothing the person who got aggro. You have to do it from a specific room in SSRA that's closest to Emp.

I could be wrong though - I'm just a bard and never was part of the pull.

Pet class like SK/Necro goes up and makes a pet in Emp room. Leaves/gets COTH'd back to raid waiting in the room that is below/closest to Emp room (rhag 1 or 2? I don't remember). From there, target Emp (assist someone else who is up there or just never lose the target), send pet to attack, wait for Emp!

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

khysanth posted:

Pet class like SK/Necro goes up and makes a pet in Emp room. Leaves/gets COTH'd back to raid waiting in the room that is below/closest to Emp room (rhag 1 or 2? I don't remember). From there, target Emp (assist someone else who is up there or just never lose the target), send pet to attack, wait for Emp!

They've fixed this so you can't do this anymore. Pet's can't be sent on a mob that is over 300 yalms (our guild's term for in game distance units!) away or something like that. I was trying to do stuff on Test to get Master Vule to zone in, which you used to be able to do, because that puts you well over the 1200 yalms that the DT from the gargoyles does. I couldn't get him to get down from his area because I couldn't get a pet to attack him, and by the time I made the 5 second run from the top of his area to the zone in door, he'd reset even with dots or weird stuff going on. In any case, even if it did work the way you're describing it would also pull the 8 guards along with Emp, just not immediately, and trying to deal with that is often a clusterfuck.

Emp solo to zone in, Seru to his first floor, drat near every VT boss to zone in w/o doing any trash is possible, and not particularly difficult as long as you have the correct classes to set it up. It'll probably all get fixed soon since people are posting a storm about it and Agnarr is DBG's darling lovechild at the moment and gets logical changes to instances that Phinigel begged for months to get and never did. When Agnarr gets the Esoteric Medallion mobs added to the Storms raid instance, I'll be doubly sure of this!

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Dennis McClaren posted:

I use the Zilz Ui. I can't seem to move chat boxes around, manually, with the cursor. I drag the cursor along the edges, but can never get the icon to move the whole box -inside, outside, or around them. No - they are not locked. The only way I'm able to move them is to use window--> arrange, and pick one of the preset locations. But none of them mesh with my UI setup.
Is there a way to manually move chat boxes with Zilz Ui that I'm not aware of?
Same for me. Perhaps it's a "feature" / side effect of the old WatUI I based ZlizUI on eons ago.

You can always move a chatbox by dragging/resizing each side of the chatbox, so to speak. For example, drag the left side to the left, then the right side to the left, and you have no moved the whole window to the left. A bit cumbersome, I know.

It's probably configurable in the XML, related to the type of window or border it uses. I'll take a look at it some day.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

xZAOx posted:

I don't know about Seru, but Emp definitely. And our guild, and I'm sure many others, did it the entirety of Luclin. Noone ever got banned.

You can do it for VT too, although our guild didn't do that, although most did. We should have, VT is loving terrible. Noone ever got banned.

I don't remember the exact strat for Emp though. I know sometimes people died trying to do it. I *think* it involves someone porting up, getting aggro, then getting a heal from a cleric at the raid, then cothing the person who got aggro. You have to do it from a specific room in SSRA that's closest to Emp.

I could be wrong though - I'm just a bard and never was part of the pull.

I dont know if they ever patched it or not but there used to be a hole in the roof of VT and you could hump it up the wall outside and get onto the roof and drop down into the second floor.

I logged into live for the first time in years and discovered they fixed using an aon to get through locked doors :smith:

Hexel fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Feb 10, 2018

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Constant posted:

I logged into live for the first time in years and discovered they fixed using an aon to get through locked doors :smith:

Yep. They fixed a bunch of ANCIENT loopholes as Phinny was progressing. That was one, to force people on Phinny to do actual progression. Another was the LDON strat of having your group be level 1s or offline or whatever so it gave you like a level 20 LDON that you could run through quicker to work towards the like 300+ runs you need to max your charm aug. Now you have to do it legit (aka, instead of only like 8% of the pop bothering with, now only 0.01% of the pop bothers with it).

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

xZAOx posted:

Yep. They fixed a bunch of ANCIENT loopholes as Phinny was progressing. That was one, to force people on Phinny to do actual progression. Another was the LDON strat of having your group be level 1s or offline or whatever so it gave you like a level 20 LDON that you could run through quicker to work towards the like 300+ runs you need to max your charm aug. Now you have to do it legit (aka, instead of only like 8% of the pop bothering with, now only 0.01% of the pop bothers with it).

I was going to say "I only ever did this with legit, not-removed tactics :colbert:" except they fixed the ability to run to the rescue NPC on my bard, hail it, run back out through the train then fade and he'd pop right on top of you.

I can't imagine doing it now without that!

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

xZAOx posted:

I discovered you can still use an aon to get through certain things. I went to kill Zun for the Tacvi key last night and managed to get into his area without a key by being banished to the jail cells through door aggro.

I then used an aon to get out of the cell and kill him.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Constant posted:

I dont know if they ever patched it or not but there used to be a hole in the roof of VT and you could hump it up the wall outside and get onto the roof and drop down into the second floor.

People still do this on Agnarr.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

FranktheBank posted:

People still do this on Agnarr.

It makes me sad that all these people bitching about it here (when no one said a thing on Phinigel) is going to get z-axis taunt and getting onto the roof of Vex Thal removed.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Constant posted:

I discovered you can still use an aon to get through certain things. I went to kill Zun for the Tacvi key last night and managed to get into his area without a key by being banished to the jail cells through door aggro.

I then used an aon to get out of the cell and kill him.

I wonder if they fixed the SK Shadowstep through locked doors as well.

Small races can still crouch wiggle through the small hole in the, well, Hole entrance to avoid using a key, I did that a bunch when Agnarr first went live.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Constant posted:

That fix was really a bummer. For years I'd been AoN'ing through doors through my exploration and epic questing adventures, and frankly, I didn't feel I was cheating anything by zapping through the door to Old Sebilis crypt - it's 15 years old content, and I am level 100. Now I have to bring a Bard or Rogue. Pretty crummy.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Yeah, they really just need to remove locks on doors X expansions later or if you're X levels higher than the zone intends or some such.

Although honestly we're probably lucky they haven't shut down the game yet.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

doing old content is the only reason why i ever still log into the live servers and judging by the amount of dead gods and key mobs i find around the world a lot of other people are doing it too

its a pain in the rear end to have to drag a heroic rogue around just to open doors

they need to let us pop raid instances with one char too rather than needing 5 offline characters to request anguish or 6 actual toons for tacvi

Hexel fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 11, 2018

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
But guys!!! What about my immersion!?!?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Just curious, how many goons are still bumping around Agnarr? Ever since Luclin I've been too non committal to pick a main and get some AA points so I'm just rolling more alts.

Latest is a rogue and it's my first pure melee class and more fun than I expected. Has anybody here soloed much as a rogue? I noticed you can sometime strafe through a mob fast enough to land a backstab before it turns to face you. Curious if it's possible to do consistently if anyone has any idea what the trick is. Also looking at poison and wondering if the AA to speed up the apply time makes them worth a drat?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Still playing Agnarr, loving it. Enjoying it more than I thought I would, since I originally quit when it released back in the day.

Couple goons in the guild (didn't know they were goons). Bout to hit VT soon.

Comrade Gritty
Sep 19, 2011

This Machine Kills Fascists
Yea, I've been having a lot of fun in Luclin so far, even if shard farming and Fungus Grove made me hate my life.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Hoohah posted:

It makes me sad that all these people bitching about it here (when no one said a thing on Phinigel) is going to get z-axis taunt and getting onto the roof of Vex Thal removed.

they won't fix this

At best, it might get a JIRA pass during the next TLP server unlock

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Phinny 2.0 announced: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/coirnav-true-box-progression-server-coming-march-16-2018.247157/

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

nawledgelambo posted:

they won't fix this

At best, it might get a JIRA pass during the next TLP server unlock

They literally just fixed it.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/test-update-02-14-2018-patch-notes.247150/

quote:

Emperor Ssraeshza - Emperor is now tethered to his room.
Most Vex Thal bosses now tether to their rooms.

Many UI features are no longer expansion restricted, including but not limited to: clicking items from bags, bandolier, blocking spells, quest journal.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Holy poo poo, clicking from bags??

Also the new server sounds good to me, but haven't experienced the phinny xp rate to know what it means when they say 'phinny after Feb 2016'. I will probably make one char there compared to the dozen alts I've been enjoying on Agnarr.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Ahahahahaha. The krono smash and grab continues.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

jesusfuckingchrist.jpg

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Thanks for the link.

I love that they go back and fix ancient bugs and such, but it peeves me a little bit when they nerf or tamper stuff due to modern TLP abuse. For example:

quote:

- Worker Sledgemallet is now restricted to non-casters and classes that can use 2 handed weapons and can be equipped in the primary slot.
I mean drat, leave it alone!

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Ok that's going too loving far. Slap in the face!

Givin fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 16, 2018

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Eat poo poo rogues!

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music
They nerfed OT hammer? Wow....

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Yeah the OT hammer change is bad.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Jesus, just go back to the original progression server (Sleeper/Combine?) xp rate. It was so much more humane.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Seems like nerfing a pure quality of life item that require a ton of faction grind to earn (has been around since always?) is a pretty lovely idea.

I might make a bad decision and roll on the new server once, I've always wanted a rogue or necro. At the same time I wonder how bad of a time it would be to just 2box / duo with mercs through classic zones till I got bored on a live server with mercs. Leveling is really the best part of the game, and I always burn out of EQ raids real fast.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

onesixtwo posted:

Seems like nerfing a pure quality of life item that require a ton of faction grind to earn (has been around since always?) is a pretty lovely idea.

DGC is like the terrible DM for your weekly DnD game that always manages to find a way to make things more annoying and less fun.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

onesixtwo posted:

I might make a bad decision and roll on the new server once, I've always wanted a rogue or necro. At the same time I wonder how bad of a time it would be to just 2box / duo with mercs through classic zones till I got bored on a live server with mercs. Leveling is really the best part of the game, and I always burn out of EQ raids real fast.

If you have access to charm or undead charm the quest becomes completely trivial. I just went and did it for the first time on my enchanter. I walked up, charmed the foreman, handed him a jade and was done in 10 seconds. Still it's a really dumb change considering how long travel time crossing kunark zones already is.

I think I'll make a character on the new server but also think I'll burn out fast on the slow xp rate. Also the crowding in popular zones is a real shitshow when the server is busy and limited to classic. I'd probably make a druid just so I could make groups and port people to unpopular dungeons for leveling.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Druids are amazing hth.

I might roll on the new server honestly, probably warrior/cleric or cleric/wizard.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

MF_James posted:

Druids are amazing hth.

As great as druids are, they only really complement silk casters well in a 2 box scenario. If you main one, you really need to either enjoy hours upon hours of soloing until around GoD (unless you have access to raid tier drops around end of Luclin or PoP), or have a good group of friends who will bring you along. I can't *not* main druid as I really love the class and nothing else in gaming has given me the same feeling of satisfaction as playing my druid since, but just go in with your eyes open. You're not a cleric, or a wizard, or a shaman, or a bard. You're sort of all 4, but lacking the things that make each of them desireable. A raid needs 1, maybe 2 good druids and you're 3rd on the list of desireable healers, maybe second if there's an enchanter on hand.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I dunno I regularly saved raids as my druid and parsed really loving high on healing charts because I knew how and when to land heals, though I brought other stuff to the table to save raids, such as high agro spells so I could kite things or tank for a few seconds before dying while real tanks pulled agro, post PoP druids were gods, prior to that chloroblastlol.

Again, it's one of those things where player makes the class, if you're a good player and play a druid, you're way more useful than a bad player playing a shaman/cleric

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
You're absolutely right. I had a similar experience as my guild's main druid for many expansions from classic through DoDh. I played main druid on Combine, Fippy, and Phinny era progression servers. I saw the announcement about the new one and have been keeping half an eye out for some friends to pop up saying they want to do it all over again. I figured I'd toss in a reply here regarding druid, but it looks like you're well versed and know what to expect.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I was thinking of doing enchanter/druid because I have grown addicted to the power of enchanter and resent its absence. May be able to power through a slower xp rate by working in zones I can double charm. Really considering adding in a Mage since I have another account to use but god drat that class is boring. Just thinking about mages is boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008

koreban posted:

You're absolutely right. I had a similar experience as my guild's main druid for many expansions from classic through DoDh. I played main druid on Combine, Fippy, and Phinny era progression servers. I saw the announcement about the new one and have been keeping half an eye out for some friends to pop up saying they want to do it all over again. I figured I'd toss in a reply here regarding druid, but it looks like you're well versed and know what to expect.

Yeah the expac after DODh is when I stopped, but I assume it would have remained the same going further, people are just bad at playing. We had like 4 warriors in our guild, it was a euro guild but there were people from everywhere so they just spoke english, the 4th warrior "tank" didn't speak english and would frequently fight our main tank for agro... from behind the mob, and when he ended up needing to tank he'd flip the mob into the raid, it was hilariously disastrous. We learned to work around it because the guild just didn't kick people, despite being #1 on the server we were a casual as gently caress guild, it was amazing when he quit. Half our clerics were garbage as well and would run themselves oom all the time by like 30-50%

MF_James fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Feb 17, 2018