Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

goddamn blaze owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Yukari posted:

I'd say I would be surprised at the Tyrande not being picked, but they did nerf the owl build which I want to say was what they used her for in HGC.
She also got hit by the 5% support nerf despite not being an actual support. Not sure what the devs were thinking but owl apparently still drives a lot of people insane.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

No Wave posted:

He's broken because of his range and his trait, because characters that are effective from extreme ranges shouldn't have barely-conditional extra mobility on top of it - they're too difficult to do anything to if they're played extremely well. This is why heroes like Tassadar had to be nerfed into uselessness at most levels of play, being that difficult to punish matters much more when fewer mistakes are made.

People find these potentially unpunishable heroes irritating to play against even if their win rate is balanced (or in genji's case bad) because they're basically at the mercy of their opponents playing poorly, which they probably will.

I feel like if Hanzo's deal was having long range poke and an escape on a 20 second cooldown, but couldn't become the best Immortal Slayer/merc camp taker in the game or also get great waveclear on top of all that he would be in a better place. Most of the really insanely stupid poo poo Hanzo gets up to is down to talents, what Grubby was doing on that video I linked is entirely due to a combination of talents at 1, 4, and 7 which let you machine-gun scatter arrows like crazy, and there's no reason he should be able to do that sort of thing pre 10 if at all. The same goes for stuff like Serrated Arrows, which allows Hanzo to apply significant armor debuffs to any player-controlled vehicle even though vehicles can't benefit from armor buffs, or Explosive Arrows which takes one of the Overwatch assassins' genuine weak spots (poor waveclear) and negates it.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I started playing unranked draft and am 5-0. Would recommend.

i play vs. AI and i'm 458-7. i HIGHLY recommend it!

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

AlmightyBob posted:

goddamn blaze owns

Very much so. Love him and he’s soon my top leveled character despite being a recent release.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

AlmightyBob posted:

goddamn blaze owns

yeah blaze is an absolute design home run

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
I just realized last night that Maiev is sorta like a melee Puck from dota

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

No Wave posted:

She also got hit by the 5% support nerf despite not being an actual support. Not sure what the devs were thinking but owl apparently still drives a lot of people insane.

Earlier today, 25 minutes into ARAM the enemy Tyrande had stacked her owl so high she was clipping us for 1,3k damage every few seconds.

Hot(s) Take: I'd rather play against Hanzo than Tyrande any time of day.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I love her on ARAM :allears:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Not gonna lie, I had a good time with Probius in aram.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Since there's been some recent discussion about the stupidity and infuriation of playing with randos, and if you ever find yourself wistfully daydreaming about what life must be like in the higher ranks, please watch this video of Grubby playing quickmatch to see that no, this poo poo happens to everyone.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

The sylvanas immediately dying is some classic poo poo

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

AlmightyBob posted:

The sylvanas immediately dying is some classic poo poo

I lost it when Grubby killed Nova and then Sylv mind controlled one of her holo-decoys.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Kai Tave posted:

I lost it when Grubby killed Nova and then Sylv mind controlled one of her holo-decoys.

god yes that was so good

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
"Press B to hearth."
"It keeps interrupting."

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

People really have a freakout if you don't insta-turn-in gems on Spider Queen.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

watching grubby play it seems like masters hold on until they have enough to complete most of the time

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
2-7 tonight.

Leavers or trollers in almost every game.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

appropriatemetaphor posted:

People really have a freakout if you don't insta-turn-in gems on Spider Queen.

I don't mind if people don't insta turn-in
But I've watched a solo-pushing Sylv lose 40 gems far more times than I'd care to admit.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The best is playing Murky, instantly clearing a minion wave, then turning in 3 gems at a time over and over. It adds up!

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Yeah we have enough to turn in, but like I had a ton and didn't want to solo turn in. Then people start crying about it so i said i needed help to turn in. Ooooh boy they did not like that.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Still salty that we're several years in and there still isn't a Sgt. Hammer skin that turns her into Edmund Duke with an OG Starcraft tank complete with classic sounds, a General Lee paintjob, and a car horn that plays the first few notes of Dixie Land.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
For people wondering how the new Malthael fares, McIntyre put up a pretty decent video describing his new strengths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S71FZUVP7go

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

As someone who knows next to nothing about Diablo 3, what’s the current wishlist for the next character?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Dire Human posted:

As someone who knows next to nothing about Diablo 3, what’s the current wishlist for the next character?

A Prime Evil like Baal or Andariel.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeah Baal and Mephisto are the biggest names left by far. Izual is probably the biggest guy actually from D3, but that is kinda who the immortals are based on isn't it? Andarial and Duriel both seem too similar to existing heroes imo. Nobody wants to remember Belial exists and I think that's all the evils? Maybe the cow king but that seems an easy pick for a map theme.

YolkaEd
Dec 26, 2013
People always seem open for more Diablo 2 PCs being added in as well, along with Aidan. And if you want to stretch it, the Diablo 3 followers as well.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.

moush posted:

For people wondering how the new Malthael fares, McIntyre put up a pretty decent video describing his new strengths.

Malthael does feel really strong now and Last Rites is legitimately a great ult. It's amazing against tanks who like to jump into the fray and escape before they die, like Muradin/ETC/Anub/Johanna.

I'm expecting to see Die Alone toned down in a future patch. 75% bonus damage is a bit much for how easy it is to proc now.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Kai Tave posted:

The best is playing Murky, instantly clearing a minion wave, then turning in 3 gems at a time over and over. It adds up!

I mean you're going to lose them all the time until you get the level 13 talents!

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

lucifirius posted:

Reddit is obsessed with Imperius, for whatever reason

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I'd be ok with grumpy angel dude with a bitchin' spear.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

John Murdoch posted:

I'd be ok with grumpy angel dude with a bitchin' spear.
“Blizzard is proud to announce we are teaming up with Toby Fox to bring Undyne to the Nexus!”

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I'd be ok with anime-loving fish lady with a bitchin' spear.

Kai Tave posted:

Since there's been some recent discussion about the stupidity and infuriation of playing with randos, and if you ever find yourself wistfully daydreaming about what life must be like in the higher ranks, please watch this video of Grubby playing quickmatch to see that no, this poo poo happens to everyone.

Watching this now and lmao. "can we pls all 5 push one lane to core?"

*Sylvanas keeps pushing with 15% HP* "Sylvanas go heal" *Nova instantly shows up to kill her*

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Feb 17, 2018

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I want the druid.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I want the druid.

This, but in Diablo 3.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Deckard Cain, obviously

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Macaluso posted:

“Blizzard is proud to announce we are teaming up with Toby Fox to bring Undyne to the Nexus!”

God damnit I just threw gems at them for Maiev, don't do this to me. :argh:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Macaluso posted:

One of her ults just replaces the current background track with a full orchestral version of Battle Against a True Hero. It does nothing else but it's still a 100% pick.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Zoltan Kulle :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

lucifirius posted:

Andariel was a Lesser Evil. Please respect the intricate lore of Blizzard's Diablo© universe.

SirSamVimes posted:

Zoltan Kulle :colbert:
This is also acceptable.