Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

SickZip posted:

I hope the movie turns out well. I'm generally over Star Wars but Ewan really gave it his all for the prequels and I'd like him to have 1 good movie out of a role that had obviously meant alot to him.

He's a oval office and a millionaire giving him handouts isn't a good reason to make a movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

sassassin posted:

He's a oval office and a millionaire giving him handouts isn't a good reason to make a movie.

Can you elaborate on this or are you just shitposting

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

SickZip posted:

I hope the movie turns out well. I'm generally over Star Wars but Ewan really gave it his all for the prequels and I'd like him to have 1 good movie out of a role that had obviously meant alot to him.

He already has three :grin:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TheKingofSprings posted:

Can you elaborate on this or are you just shitposting

Do you not follow celebrity news at all? He's a serial cheat whose daughter despises him.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

sassassin posted:

Do you not follow celebrity news at all?

Asking this question has to count as a self-own.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I only know things about celebrities accidentally. Lol if you consume celebrity tabloid news.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
In the age of Twitter how are people not informed about all pop culture at all times?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

sassassin posted:

In the age of Twitter how are people not informed about all pop culture at all times?

I follow about eighty people on twitter, half of which only tweet maybe once every other month, half of the remainder are joke/bot accounts, and the remaining twenty or so don't really discuss pop culture beyond "hey, the new hip movie/video game/episode of DBZ Super was good."

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

sassassin posted:

Do you not follow celebrity news at all? He's a serial cheat whose daughter despises him.

Uh...no? Why would I? :confused:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TheKingofSprings posted:

Uh...no? Why would I? :confused:

Because you would then know that lovable cheeky-chappie Ewan McGregor is a terrible person who has ruined lives.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

sassassin posted:

While I understand there's degrees of badness, basically this standard scraps every movie and TV show ever.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

sassassin posted:

Because you would then know that lovable cheeky-chappie Ewan McGregor is a terrible person who has ruined lives.

Sorry about your dad, Ms. McGregor.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

sassassin posted:

Because you would then know that lovable
cheeky-chappie Ewan McGregor is a terrible person who has ruined lives.

He’s rad and cool.

Radical if you will.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

porfiria posted:

Sorry about your dad, Ms. McGregor.

Lol.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Captain von Trapp posted:

While I understand there's degrees of badness, basically this standard scraps every movie and TV show ever.

Right but most movies and tv shows aren't made as a reward to an actor because he tried hard and it would mean a lot to him. Which is the specific suggestion I find objectionable.

No one in Hollywood is going out of their way to create projects for Woody Allen or Polanski or Matthew Broderick after all.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

sassassin posted:

Right but most movies and tv shows aren't made as a reward to an actor because he tried hard and it would mean a lot to him. Which is the specific suggestion I find objectionable.

No one in Hollywood is going out of their way to create projects for Woody Allen or Polanski or Matthew Broderick after all.

I'd probably kill some people with my car for Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I think of actors as basically human mannequins TBH

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

sassassin posted:

Maybe they're like me, and don't use twitter?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Wait, what's Broderick done? (I don't follow celebrity news.)

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Payndz posted:

Deck the Halls. :colbert:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I lust for the death of all celebrities but in the meantime I'd like to see a good Obi-Wan movie.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

porfiria posted:

I'd probably kill some people with my car for Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

Is this the plot to Death Proof 2

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

A lot of male celebrities suffer from "sex addiction", aka they can't stop cheating on their wives/girlfriends all the time.

Like the guy from Portlandia, Fred Armisen. He cheated on Elizabeth Moss a month after they got married, and ends every relationship by cheating or ghosting on the woman.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Payndz posted:

Ran over some folks while drunk driving

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ccs posted:

A lot of male celebrities suffer from "sex addiction", aka they can't stop cheating on their wives/girlfriends all the time.

Like the guy from Portlandia, Fred Armisen. He cheated on Elizabeth Moss a month after they got married, and ends every relationship by cheating or ghosting on the woman.

People shouldn't get married and should just gently caress.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

There are women willing to gently caress Fred Armisen?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ccs posted:

Who would have thought even Nathaniel Snurpus would end up being as bad as everyone else at Sterling Cooper.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

sassassin posted:

Did he get #metoo'd?

gohmak fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Feb 17, 2018

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

sassassin posted:

I wouldn't care if my daughter hated me if I got to bang Mary Elizabeth Winstead. :slick:

That said, an Obi-Wan spinoff is the only spinoff that could be interesting.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

obi-wan teaser trailer opens up with a cgi alec guiness staring out at a young luke about to get ambushed by tusken raiders.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
obi-wan spinoff should be all about his years on tattooine luring dumb teenagers out to tusken raider camps and watching as they get their asses kicked

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

gohmak posted:

Did he get #metoo'd?

No, his wife got #notme'd on every set Ewan visited over the length of marriage.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dr.Radical posted:

I am totally ok with an Obi-Wan movie starring Ewan McGregor.

trainspotting 3 gettin' real weird

"Choose the light side. Choose wookies and falcons. Choose throwing your life away for a rebellion built on the backs of slave labor."

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

sassassin posted:

No, his wife got #notme'd on every set Ewan visited over the length of marriage.

Do you read People?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dr.Radical posted:

Do you read People?

I read Pobl.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
So, wait... in your opinion, loving children and murdering people while drunk are in the same ballpark as cheating on your spouse?

Who hurt you?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

3 A.M. Radio posted:

So, wait... in your opinion, loving children and murdering people while drunk are in the same ballpark as cheating on your spouse?

You're going to have to define a ballpark before I can agree or disagree with this interpretation of my position.

But in Dante's terms it's not the same level of hell but it's still hell. Ewan McGregor is a scumbag who doesn't deserve an ObiWan movie "just because he'd enjoy it". There would have to be other reasons to make it imho.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

sassassin posted:

You're going to have to define a ballpark before I can agree or disagree with this interpretation of my position.

But in Dante's terms it's not the same level of hell but it's still hell. Ewan McGregor is a scumbag who doesn't deserve an ObiWan movie "just because he'd enjoy it". There would have to be other reasons to make it imho.

Here’s the reason for you: people who are not you enjoyed McGregor’s portrayal of Obi-Wan and the prequels are coming on 20 years old now, so they’re at the time where nostalgic revisits happen.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TheKingofSprings posted:

Here’s the reason for you: people who are not you enjoyed McGregor’s portrayal of Obi-Wan and the prequels are coming on 20 years old now, so they’re at the time where nostalgic revisits happen.

Okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

sassassin posted:

Why would we care?

• Locked thread