Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I’m in Louisiana for work, and everyone here HAS to talk to you. Waiting for the elevator next a random person? A comment about the weather. Grabbing a drink at the vending machine? A comment about soda. It’s all friendly small talk, but I hate other people. Sometimes I just want to get a coffee and not have 5 people talk at me. :sigh:

It’s me, I’m the misanthrope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Bought the wrong kind of chicken thigh for a stirfry - should have tried to find boneless and skinless but I didn't so I'm having to bake the chicken and stirfry the rest of the ingredients because it's impossible to slice raw chicken that is also not boneless. I've washed the board and knives so hopefully cross-contamination won't be too much of an issue, but it's a pain in the rear end.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My asthma has decided to kick in for the first time in over a decade, my randomly-kept-around inhaler is on its last legs, and because it's the flu and everyone is going to the doctor for flu poo poo, it's gonna be a while before I can go to the doc to get a script for a new one.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
Can't get to sleep in this fully furnished room that's being rented that has wifi, heat, ac & plenty of closet space

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Mouse Dresser posted:

I’m in Louisiana for work, and everyone here HAS to talk to you. Waiting for the elevator next a random person? A comment about the weather. Grabbing a drink at the vending machine? A comment about soda. It’s all friendly small talk, but I hate other people. Sometimes I just want to get a coffee and not have 5 people talk at me. :sigh:

Come to Switzerland where people will never start smalltalk with you. And if you do not bring your childhood friends with you, you'll never have a to worry about friends again since you probably won't make any. (this is an actual problem that a lot of expats have here)

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

bring back old gbs posted:

Like buying info :psyduck:

Huh, weird. Today I learned.

Content:
There is a spot in my apartment complex's parking lot that has recently been switched over to a reserved spot so the maintenance guys/Comcast/what have you always have a spot to park (which is understandable, but a bit frustrating at times since there is already limited parking). There is a very clear sign saying that it is a reserved spot not intended for residents. They even added a hand-made sign that sits in the spot when no one is actively using it. Despite all this, there is the same rear end in a top hat who always moves the sign and just parks there anyway. Management has left him a note saying "You will be towed next time, let this be a warning," but that was several times of him parking there ago.
My FWP is that our management has no spine to actually tow the dick, despite them having given the guy every opportunity to move.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
The parking and public transport in this city is so loving terrible. Finding a park at at midday is impossible and getting a train home would leave me with a 45 minute wait.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Mouse Dresser posted:

This is one of my biggest regrets about getting a dog. I've come to know literally everyone in my neighborhood who has a dog and they always want to walk with me and chat when I just wanna be a an anti social loser who reads his phone. I've actually resorted to driving 10 minutes away to a different park sometimes just so I can walk among strangers again.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Hmm...well three day shipping is only a few dollars more than standard so I'll pony up the dough this time.

Estimated delivery: 7 days. :what:

Now I remember why I never bother paying extra for shipping and just go for "gets here when it gets here."

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'm in Germany on a project and the dates I was requested to be here run through 4 March, but as it turns out we're wrapping up on the 1st, and now I'm faced with changing my flight or loving around here for an extra three days and I'm obliged to disclose that to my employer so there's no hint of impropriety or anything in my travel expensing. Far easier if they'd just got the dates right at the outset since we have to figure out which is cheaper now, staying or changing. Just three days, but it's taxpayer dollars, so I must be a good steward of your money.

e: which makes me a better person than that EPA dick

ee: apparently the international flight change fee is like $750 and the hotel is only like €110/night plus my per diem, so like, thanks for the 3 day vacation, taxpayer. Please send complaints to German science ministry or whoever.

eee: although now I think about it, ultimately my time specifically is billed back to the European office as services for budget reasons, and it was their fuckup, so US taxpayer off the hook, German taxpayers on it. Thank you EU taxpayers for 3 days vacation here.

ReidRansom has a new favorite as of 23:31 on Feb 21, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Away all Goats posted:

This is one of my biggest regrets about getting a dog. I've come to know literally everyone in my neighborhood who has a dog and they always want to walk with me and chat when I just wanna be a an anti social loser who reads his phone. I've actually resorted to driving 10 minutes away to a different park sometimes just so I can walk among strangers again.

Tricks on you because then you’ll befriend everyone in that park; then, when you’ve escaped from that, you’ll move on to the next and unintentionally befriend everyone there; leave there, new friends, and so on, and all of a sunnden you’re the most popular person in the city :ohdear:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Got a text message saying that a package was supposed to come tomorrow and require a signature. No big deal; I'm not going anywhere this weekend.

I found it left by the mailboxes today upside down.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I was thinking about getting Chipotle for dinner tonight cause it’s on my way home but then I was like “eh I just want to get home, too much effort” and now I want chipotle but I don’t want to get dressed and all that poo poo. So I will have no chipotle. Why oh why didn’t I get it. I drove past it. :(

New: I burned my thumb somehow and it hurts. I have no clue what burned it.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 05:15 on Feb 24, 2018

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I got in a bodybuilding.com style argument today about why every two weeks, semi-monthly, and bi-monthly are not the same thing and I think I permanently destroyed some brain cells in the process.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Dave Grool posted:

I got in a bodybuilding.com style argument today about why every two weeks, semi-monthly, and bi-monthly are not the same thing and I think I permanently destroyed some brain cells in the process.

Don't worry, sometimes the latter two do mean the same thing, because english is a garbage language for idiot assholes!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Been sick for two weeks but pretty much incapacitated for the past four days or so.
My life has been playing video games and laying on my couch. Not a terrible life, I suppose but I prefer to be productive.

Finally felling pretty okay so I make some mini apple pies and the effort makes me light-headed and I almost pass out.

I miss being in my 20s.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Dave Grool posted:

accountants would back you up on this one.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Dealing with American shipping companies just gets continually more painful as time goes by. They refuse to properly deliver packages to this building consistently and they actively try to prevent actual human contact if you call them.

Just deliver my god damned poo poo holy hell IS THAT SO HARD?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
The Starbucks app, by using it when you pay, makes you feel like you’re not spending any money even though you actually are.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
There are no vets around me that are open Sundays, that 1, have any openings, or 2, won't charge $100 as an 'emergency visit.'

If I ever get a million dollars I'll open a vet clinic that is 24/7, even on holidays.

I managed to get an appt tomorrow

FWP: my friend is being wishy-washy about our rpg. She doesn't want to do one we started in October because it's a crossover....but she also doesn't want to continue the one we started in January, or December, or pick up one we set down in November due to the holiday madness. She wants to do something totally new...and all new characters (except for her own, of course) and doesn't have any ideas of her own that seem remotely fun (oh yay she wants to do a Romeo and Juliet theme but set in a Harry Potter world? Um, no thanks.).

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Crazy impulsive lovers with daggers and poisons and multiple rival factions? Drop the name, give them something to do aside from each other, and you could probably have something there. Harry Potter who knows, but look deeper than the surface and you can probably make something happen with secret societies and whatnot. Maybe a group of non magic users that happened to catch a glimpse of something and are hell-bent on making magic work and stumble into stuff that they shouldn't

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Thin Privilege posted:

The Starbucks app, by using it when you pay, makes you feel like you’re not spending any money even though you actually are.

The app won't accept my credit card so I'm missing out.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Sentient Data posted:

Crazy impulsive lovers with daggers and poisons and multiple rival factions? Drop the name, give them something to do aside from each other, and you could probably have something there. Harry Potter who knows, but look deeper than the surface and you can probably make something happen with secret societies and whatnot. Maybe a group of non magic users that happened to catch a glimpse of something and are hell-bent on making magic work and stumble into stuff that they shouldn't

Sorry, I should have clarified. Romeo and Juliet is pretty much the only thing she wants to do. I'm aware she's married and the marriage is not exactly a happy one but seriously.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Picnic Princess posted:

The app won't accept my credit card so I'm missing out.

I had that problem with my debit card too, it’s something about how you have to type in your name/address EXACTLY the same as it is on your account. Like, I usually type THIN PRIVILEGE 1234 CAT DRIVE which is fine for my credit cards cause that’s what I have on them, but not my debit card. There, I have to type in Thin Privilege 1234 Cat Drive. It really sucked when I tried to use my debit for uber and it did that same thing cause a capitalization or whatever wasn’t the same as what the card info is in the bank’s system.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 09:41 on Feb 26, 2018

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

You probably want to edit your personal info out of that post.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Thin Privilege posted:

I had that problem with my debit card too, it’s something about how you have to type in your name/address EXACTLY the same as it is on your account. Like, I usually type THIN PRIVILEGE 1234 CAT DRIVE which is fine for my credit cards cause that’s what I have on them, but not my debit card. There, I have to type in Thin Privilege 1234 Cat Drive. It really sucked when I tried to use my debit for uber and it did that same thing cause a capitalization or whatever wasn’t the same as what the card info is in the bank’s system.

This was the problem. The autofill shortened Alberta to AL instead of AB. Now I can waste my money like the cool kids. :toot:

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

oldpainless posted:

More like oldaddressless.

FWP: I want to build a cool LEGO castle, but most of what I own is in my parents' basement 2 hours away. The little amount I have here is not appropriate for my castle idea.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Picnic Princess posted:

This was the problem. The autofill shortened Alberta to AL instead of AB. Now I can waste my money like the cool kids. :toot:

Awesome! Make sure to get your first free drink! (Legit, tell the server the code it’s 571 I think) :woop:

Oh and if there’s a Starbucks in a store like Target or your grocery store or whatever, they don’t have the app scanning thing, you have to go to a real physical Starbucks. This is a FWP as well. It is frustrating because I have to realize I’m using real money as opposed to using the app which makes me feel like I’m getting free stuff :/

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 03:47 on Feb 28, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

oldpainless posted:

More like oldcatless

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I just woke up and got like 10 different notifications on my phone that I have to get my car registration sticker and also pay for my apartment and I completely forgot about the car registration and I’m already paying a lot of money to a lot of things and MONEY I do not have any.

Also I got a text from my manager to work a couple of hours today but I’ve been working crazy hours and this is my first legitimate day off and I just want to rest. I’m not going to work because I am going back to bed despite $. Sorry manager.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 16:05 on Feb 28, 2018

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Amazon won't have Coco in stock for 1-4 weeks?!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Amazon won't have Coco in stock for 1-4 weeks?!

My wife got it on Vudu for $20. It's digital, though, and I know that's a deal breaker for some folks.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Apparently I didn’t pick up a package fast enough from the arrival date (6 days—seriously?) so the front desk told me I’m being chared a fee to my account for this, but I was NEVER told about this fee at all by anyone. My schedule at work has been insane because managers went to a week long conference so I had to work 60 hours a week so like, sorry, it’s 11:30 at night and I woke up at 6 so how am I even thinking about some package when I’m just thinking about sleep.

Oh, and this “package” was a box of pens, in an envelope, which took up NO SPACE.

Just sent an email mail to the building manager, may talk to him and in personson. This poo poo fee is going to be removed from my account.

Pissed off.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
He'll "look into it", remove it, then add a $30 research fee to your account a day later

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I have a job interview coming up for a government job that pays five bucks more an hour and is unionized, but it's a casual position with no guaranteed hours. Right now I'm working full time with poo poo pay and basically no benefits, but at least it's a guaranteed poo poo paycheque. Because of some contractor-client agreement, I can't keep my full time job and take the casual position at the same time, so now I'm scared of both messing up the interview OR acing the interview :ohdear:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've somehow accidentally dragged every microfiber cloth I have into my house and out of my car, so I have zero way of getting anything off my glasses without just smudging it all over my lenses.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Danaru posted:

I have a job interview coming up for a government job that pays five bucks more an hour and is unionized, but it's a casual position with no guaranteed hours. Right now I'm working full time with poo poo pay and basically no benefits, but at least it's a guaranteed poo poo paycheque. Because of some contractor-client agreement, I can't keep my full time job and take the casual position at the same time, so now I'm scared of both messing up the interview OR acing the interview :ohdear:

Is it casual with benefits? Seriously. Do you get insurance and paid leave and all that other cool poo poo?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Aleph Null posted:

Is it casual with benefits? Seriously. Do you get insurance and paid leave and all that other cool poo poo?

Nope, only part time/full time people get all the good poo poo :froggonk: but also since it's union, casuals get the first pick of any open PT/FT positions before it goes external. I just hope I can keep up the hours in the interim before I grab a more stable spot :ohdear: that's assuming I even get the casual position at all. Life is real frantic right now.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I had to wake up at 6 AM even though it's a Saturday to take advantage of my country's socialised healthcare and get some blood work done.

Also the avocado I bought last week to make guacamole with is finally ripe, but I don't feel like having guacamole today :saddowns: but if I don't eat it it'll go bad and I hate wasting food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

MisterBibs posted:

My asthma has decided to kick in for the first time in over a decade, my randomly-kept-around inhaler is on its last legs, and because it's the flu and everyone is going to the doctor for flu poo poo, it's gonna be a while before I can go to the doc to get a script for a new one.

In a real first world country you'd be able to buy a ventolin inhaler over the counter at the chemist for five bucks and not need to see a doctor or get a prescription :australia: