Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
She forgot the word for coconut today and was asking for "coca," then wondered loudly what cocaine ice cream would do to you.

Mom's enjoying retirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like Hershey's. :downs:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
You would

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Mmmm, the sweet taste of butyric acid. :yum:

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012
Hershey's is fine, and I like it better than 90+% cacao dark chocolate

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Winter Stormer posted:

I'm not sure if I'd go as far as saying I like hersheys better than it, but I do hate the cacao % snobs who refuse to eat milk chocolate and kramer through any door where a chocolate discussion is happening to say "white chocolate isn't actually chocolate".

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
White chocolate is delicious.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Silver Alicorn posted:

White chocolate is disgusting

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
white chocolate of a high quality is good

white chocolate made from vegetable oil is disgusting, as it should be

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Randaconda posted:

I like Hershey's. :downs:

<3 old av is back.

Also white chocolate is great.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Winter Stormer posted:

Send the dark chocolate my way, I hate sweet food.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

MariusLecter posted:

Mmmm, the sweet taste of butyric acid. :yum:
Same but hard cheese.

Butyric acid smells gross in the context of vomit because vomit is a bad thing and you don't want it coming out of you. Butyric acid smells fine in hard cheese and chocolate because its recognizable as a food and thus you catch on to the butterscotchy acidic part of it.

Non acidic milk chocolate is fine but its like 1 nib and you're good till a palate cleanser. Acidic chocolate I can for example house a whole Hershey's bar and be looking for another without palate fatigue. I wonder why the latter might be more popular in the US.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
I don't have access to Vegemite, but I can get hold of Marmite. Anytime I'm making something that involves beef stock, I usually add a teaspoon of Marmite to it to give it that extra, what I call, richness. Marmite in beef stew, beef/barley soup, or brown beef gravy simply rules. I like it spread thinly on regular saltine crackers. Total salt immersion.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I'm not sure if I'd go as far as saying I like hersheys better than it, but I do hate the cacao % snobs who refuse to eat milk chocolate and kramer through any door where a chocolate discussion is happening to say "white chocolate isn't actually chocolate".

I'm one of those insufferable people but I won't inflict it upon people who don't want it. I'll happily put out some plates with tasting notes at a company party or something

Enjoy the chocolate you enjoy. I feel kinda bad for you if you only like Hersheys because that's all you're accustomed to though.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Silver Alicorn posted:

The white chocolate Lindt balls are the best ones, and I will fight anyone on this. :colbert:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Silver Alicorn posted:

It's not real chocolate. :colbert:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zil posted:

It's pizza

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Zil posted:

This doesn't matter to anyone but the most extreme chocolate autists. The very best chocolate shops in switzerland and any other chocolate powerhouse country sell it right along the rest of the chocolate, so to most everyone it is chocolate.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I love white chocolate. I know it's shameful. I don't like any other kind of chocolate.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I love white chocolate. I know it's shameful. I don't like any other kind of chocolate.

I think my favorite thing is the little miniature chocolate matterhorns they sell in zermatt where the base is milk chocolate and the "snow" is white chocolate. It's the best of both worlds.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I love white chocolate. I know it's shameful.

It's not shameful

Like what you like!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Bloop posted:

It's pizza

So, therefore white chocolate is an unregulated open-face sandwich!

(Am I doing this right?)

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Hmmmm. Has anyone started selling caffeinated white chocolate yet?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

zedprime posted:

Hmmmm. Has anyone started selling caffeinated white chocolate yet?

Well, crap. As we have established white chocolate is a pizza, I am not allowed to have an opinion on that.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Haifisch posted:

The white chocolate Lindt balls are the best ones, and I will fight anyone on this. :colbert:

Lindt is terrible. :smugbert:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Manuel Calavera posted:

Dunno. Their chili dark chocolate is pretty good...

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Manuel Calavera posted:

Their counterpart spruengli is really good though. Yeah it costs like 2 bucks per little thing of chocolate but it's really worth it.

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

hi guys i've been looking at gastro obscura and i brought some things to share

it's eels

yeah i probably would, too

yeah i probably would, too. NOT.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Who orders a sandwich on a roll at a Chinese restaurant?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

rndmnmbr posted:

Consider that it is manufactured to taste acceptable to animals, and smell good to people - after all, it does have to appeal to people at least in some small way because we're the ones buying it.

Also, it's completely unsalted. We're the weird ones who insist on all our food being salted.

e. Beggin' strips were such a loving disappointment.

I don't think it's designed to taste like much of anything. I was a weird kid and tried a few kinds of cat kibble, dog kibble, and milkbone. It all pretty much taste like gritty grains. Cat Chow had a bit of a tangy flavour, dog food had very little flavour at all. Probably similar to the flavour of Ensure or Soylent, if they had an unsweetened version with no artificial flavour, but grittier. Did I mention it's quite gritty? Probably the ground up chicken bones.

Anyway, they spray the outside of the kibble with stinky oil, that's what gives the kibble the meaty smell. Cats and dogs don't chew and ruminate over the food the way humans do, so they don't care as much about the flavour, they decide to eat something or not based on the smell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=220PSFJWHao

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie

Haifisch posted:

The white chocolate Ferrero Rocher balls are the best ones, and I will fight anyone on this. :colbert:

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I remember there used to be a Cadbury chocolate that I can't for the life of me remember the name of that was a swirled mix of white and milk chocolate that had a nice ganache thing in the middle and I haven't seen it in years but it was good. Also top deck which was white on a milk choc base

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A few years back, they had Halloween Cadbury Creme Eggs, which owned.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Haifisch posted:

the mint, dear boy

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

McSpergin posted:

I remember there used to be a Cadbury chocolate that I can't for the life of me remember the name of that was a swirled mix of white and milk chocolate that had a nice ganache thing in the middle and I haven't seen it in years but it was good. Also top deck which was white on a milk choc base

Dairy Milk Marble, it's apparently got a big following that wants to try and bring it back:

https://www.facebook.com/BringBackCadburyMarble/

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cadbury is following up on that success with white chocolate, caramel and plastic chunk filling.

https://twitter.com/shancake_/status/963983825163309056

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

But that was the best part!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Data Graham posted:

But that was the best part!

That piquant yet rich petrochemical tang. The delicate way the soft plastic deforms between your teeth. The slightest hint of danger as the now severed plastic end scrapes against the back of your throat. All this will be gone, like chocolate in a weight loss camp. Time to recall.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Something trying to kill you in Australia :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

angerbeet posted:

Dairy Milk Marble, it's apparently got a big following that wants to try and bring it back:

https://www.facebook.com/BringBackCadburyMarble/

That was it marble loving ruled

Synthbuttrange posted:

Cadbury is following up on that success with white chocolate, caramel and plastic chunk filling.

https://twitter.com/shancake_/status/963983825163309056

Nbd their caramel is overtly sweet for me. If it was salted tho...