Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

i got a haircut and called a plumber who owed me a favor. lol gently caress that

Was he able to help you with your butt connector?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

happy saturday everybody hope you're all having a chill nonviolent day

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Went on a bike ride. Windy, but nice out.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
shoveled snow and am thinkin' about runnin away

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Drinking coffee and working on a midterm for a public relations class.

If I can get this done today, that leaves me with some group project work. I haven’t had such a light school weekend in forever

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Went on a cold rear end long run with the wife and doggo. Now going to try to scare up some cheap barstools from secondhand shops.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Black Panther was really good.

My favorite part was when the Wakandans teamed up with the antifa super-soldiers to behead all the white parents and small business owners.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

mlmp08 posted:

Went on a bike ride. Windy, but nice out.

I need a different seat for my bike, leaves my rear end-bones sore after like a 20 minute ride.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Popped over to the Black Panther thread on reddit.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

holocaust bloopers posted:

Confirmed for best movie of 2018.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZAiLTsvzbI&t=11s

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I'm so loving full

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Are those individual tostones made from whole plantains? Looks so loving good.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I read that as Tostinos. Made it look a lot worse.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I LOVE TOTINOS
https://youtu.be/DahXeTmT3XA

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

First free weekend since 2017. Started up my beater truck for the first time since October. Flawless but the old 1987 f150 needs its coolant system hoses redone. Then I fired the chainsaw in preparation due to high winds knocking down trees.
Time for a beer.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Watching Only For The Brave, and seeing familiar poo poo in the media has been a regular occurrence since coming back from Arizona.

You see pictures of the grand canyon every loving where, same with antelope canyon and horseshoe bend, and now I'm seeing Josh Brolin whip a fire crew through Yavapai County and one of his guys had his girl cheat on him with a dude from Flagstaff PD.

Just feels drat odd.

Dope movie, though I can barely understand a word Brolin and bridges are saying when they're doing face to face.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Put together my new weight bench in about an hour :toot:

Now to buy a squat rack...

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

What rack do you have in mind? Titan? Rogue?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Handsome Ralph posted:

Seriously considering putting together a weight set at my next place. I just hate the gym experience, and it would save a ton of time to be able to do sets at home.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Watching Only For The Brave, and seeing familiar poo poo in the media has been a regular occurrence since coming back from Arizona.

You see pictures of the grand canyon every loving where, same with antelope canyon and horseshoe bend, and now I'm seeing Josh Brolin whip a fire crew through Yavapai County and one of his guys had his girl cheat on him with a dude from Flagstaff PD.

Just feels drat odd.

Dope movie, though I can barely understand a word Brolin and bridges are saying when they're doing face to face.

Northern Arizona was a possibility of moving there for me. Was gonna take the family to the Grand Canyon soon.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Yes, it was loving good.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Watching Only For The Brave

I can't watch canned hams like that. I know it's based on a true story and poo poo. And it's a sad story. But that's not why.

Forest fires are loving insane and the most anyone can really do is evacuate. It's the only reasonable action. Beyond that, let it burn.

Like that movie that had the SEALs in it. Glorified turd.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

What rack do you have in mind? Titan? Rogue?

I honestly have no clue. I just know I want to get a squat rack at some point down the road. Right now the whole setup is in a spare bedroom on the first floor (no basement or garage), so it might have to wait till we buy a place with a basement or a garage.

mlmp08 posted:

Seriously considering putting together a weight set at my next place. I just hate the gym experience, and it would save a ton of time to be able to do sets at home.

It's awesome because I work from home most of the week, so if it's a slow work day, I do sets in between emails and other stuff. It rules. Also not having to deal with idiots who don't re-rack when they're done and other dumb gym poo poo.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I can't watch canned hams like that. I know it's based on a true story and poo poo. And it's a sad story. But that's not why.

Forest fires are loving insane and the most anyone can really do is evacuate. It's the only reasonable action. Beyond that, let it burn.

My dad is a federal responder to forest fires. The stories I hear are insane.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

I honestly have no clue. I just know I want to get a squat rack at some point down the road. Right now the whole setup is in a spare bedroom on the first floor (no basement or garage), so it might have to wait till we buy a place with a basement or a garage.

I just got done with buying a power rack, bar, and weights a couple months ago so if you want to pick my brain that's cool. I also built a deadlift platform if you're interested in a cheap weekend project that will save your floors.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I just got done with buying a power rack, bar, and weights a couple months ago so if you want to pick my brain that's cool. I also built a deadlift platform if you're interested in a cheap weekend project that will save your floors.

I'll take you up on that when I start looking at squat racks. I got lucky with the weights and the bars. My fiance's parents had them just sitting in their basement and they didn't want them anymore. The bench they had was trashed but it worked for the past year. The weights and the bar I needed to sand down and repaint, but it was a decent weekend project.

I wasn't huge into deadlifting but I'll probably give it a go again at some point. I normally run a gently caress ton, but I wanted to back get into lifting weights again because I pretty much lost all the upper body strength I had years ago since all I did was run for a few years.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Soulex posted:

My dad is a federal responder to forest fires. The stories I hear are insane.

I'm sure they are. And the work they do to save lives is incredible. I'm not knocking the profession one bit.

I don't know that I'm keen on glorifying the deaths of firefighters trying to save a town from a windblown fire. Just get the important poo poo (people, pets, papers, prescriptions) and get the gently caress out. No reason to think a handful of people can stop a wall of fire rolling through fuel. You can leave or become fuel with your town.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i just pour concrete into different size buckets and do kettle bell swings with those and I flip a huge LMTV tire and wheel that I "special ordered"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lost power. Was gonna bake a lasagna.
Noooooooooo!

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Black Panther had some good moments, but overall I thought it was pretty average.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Lost power. Was gonna bake a lasagna.
Noooooooooo!
/

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Powers back on! Lasagna in oven. It’s not crab season or kid you loving not it would be a crab lasagna.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

My final form!!!!!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:lol:

I don't know who bought it, but yeah that's better.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

My final form!!!!!

Holy :lol:

For posterity

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
ahahahahaha

OPM is the best anime

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It had Josh Brolin and Jeff Bridges in it, and reasonably cool visuals, and someone in here said it was dope, so that was enough of a recommendation for me. Watching Taylor Kitsch in anything has become kinda tedious, and Miles Teller also has this weird feel as an actor, bu it's not really noticeable in the movie.

I didn't know the history of the granite mountain crew, or the outcome of the Yarnell fire, so there was still quite a bit of suspense for me. Though, the second Miles Teller is ferried to safety from his lookout spot, and cut off from his crew, there was some kinda ham-fisted foreshadowing.

Still, the movie was a decent watch, and all the references rang pretty nostalgic for me, even though I only spent under 3 years up there. Hell, even my being-hammered-on-whiskey-row memories came back in one or two shots.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm sure they are. And the work they do to save lives is incredible. I'm not knocking the profession one bit.

I don't know that I'm keen on glorifying the deaths of firefighters trying to save a town from a windblown fire. Just get the important poo poo (people, pets, papers, prescriptions) and get the gently caress out. No reason to think a handful of people can stop a wall of fire rolling through fuel. You can leave or become fuel with your town.

Oh yeah. I’ll make sure that town has a loving statue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Every time I hear someone talk about Only the Brave my brain short-circuits and thinks about a 2006 independent film I saw about the 442nd Regimental Combat Team.

And then I get confused when they talk about Josh Brolin.