Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Not that I know of. It's really just getting good at timing when to exit the plane for your destination. You want to be going straight down at 234 when you chute to get there the fastest, and pull up a bit just before you land to get a smooth running landing.

If you are stretching, obviously you won't be able to get to max speed.

Literally, I am pointing straight down and someone is next to me one second and several hundred meters below me the next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Neutrino posted:

Literally, I am pointing straight down and someone is next to me one second and several hundred meters below me the next.

there is a lot of lag involved in that part of the game, I've seen that and the opposite happen and then we end up landing at the same time anyways

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Neutrino posted:

How much downforce are you applying to you W key when this happens? Have you tried pressing harder?

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Take off all your clothes. This reduces wind drag.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Mash posted:

How much downforce are you applying to you W key when this happens? Have you tried pressing harder?

it's definitely a thing where people just zoom down all of a sudden (it's not them going faster it's just the server catching up to their actual position).

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Canuckistan posted:

Take off all your clothes. This reduces wind drag.

Oh no, I'm not falling for that one again.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

odiv posted:

Oh no, I'm not falling for that one again.

Coq au Vin

knees of putty
Apr 2, 2009

gottle o' gear!
Someone earlier in the thread recommended watching aimPR. I want to second that. He’s very relaxed and gives great insight. Last night he went through the auzom games for TSM using the replay function and it was great to listen to him being honest about their choices. I think he is a better choice than chocotaco now - the dedication to pubg ladder play is a bit dull.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

knees of putty posted:

Someone earlier in the thread recommended watching aimPR. I want to second that. He’s very relaxed and gives great insight. Last night he went through the auzom games for TSM using the replay function and it was great to listen to him being honest about their choices. I think he is a better choice than chocotaco now - the dedication to pubg ladder play is a bit dull.

Chocotaco completely gave up on the leaderboards this week because of the hackers and the laughable PUBG bugs like instantly dying when trying to climb up something or enemy nades killing you from 50 meters while your nades not killing enemies when you land them on their feet or shotguns being hilariously inconsistent or the stupid hand hitboxes, etc. It's for the best, really.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

chocotaco streams at really weird times.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Groovelord Neato posted:

chocotaco streams at really weird times.

8-4 and 7-12 CST M-F? He streams 13 hours a day except Sat/Sun.

knees of putty posted:

The entire TSM squad is really fun to watch imo. Viss and Break are great.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah i'm at work most of the time he's streaming then maybe playing a few once he comes back on.

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008
I like watching Shroud because he's very good, entertaining, and not a douche. The people he plays with are cool too.

Besides him I watch chocotaco and p4wnyhof.

Blowdryer fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 5, 2018

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

8-4 and 7-12 CST M-F? He streams 13 hours a day except Sat/Sun.

Pretty sure it's 11-4 and 7-12. Both times aimed at when people are at home from work in Europe and NA.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the AS servers must be down because my first game today a teleportation no recoil aim hacker was on my team

Dryb
Jul 30, 2007

What did I do?
I hope you expressed proper etiquette and murdered him.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Apparently your parachute can get stuck? I was like slowly gliding around for a while 20 feet off the ground until I managed to jam myself against a roof and it gave me the option to cut away the chute.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Yes and it's terrible.
I've been stuck on an apartment roof before only to cut away and fall 3 stories while everyone else picked up useful things like guns.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I once tried to land on the big radar array in mil base and got tangled at the top of the stairway, when I cut the chute it flung me off the edge and I died on landing so hard that I ended up about 5 feet underground while bleeding out.

Basically, proceed at your peril if you try to land on anything even remotely resembling a corner, the game's lovely parachute mechanics absolutely cannot deal with it.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Blowdryer posted:

I like watching Shroud because he's very good, entertaining, and not a douche. The people he plays with are cool too, except Chad, Chad sucks.

Besides him I watch chocotaco and p4wnyhof.

It’s also just fun watching someone who is way better than you will ever be and seeing how effective they are. Like one time where he went around a corner and flicked between two people with a shotgun within a quarter second. Got both before I could even register they were there on his screen.

There was also a round where he was doing solo squads and bouncing around and flicking around like he was amped up on meth. It’s cool watching someone who was a world-class ~*E-Sports*~ athlete.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Scoss posted:

I once tried to land on the big radar array in mil base and got tangled at the top of the stairway, when I cut the chute it flung me off the edge and I died on landing so hard that I ended up about 5 feet underground while bleeding out.

Basically, proceed at your peril if you try to land on anything even remotely resembling a corner, the game's lovely parachute mechanics absolutely cannot deal with it.

That happened to me any time I tried to land on the corners of the new map. I always get stuck in the slanted mountains.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

2 chicken dinners with my boys today (we're terrible i don't know how we won)

Now I'm watching streamers and it's highlighting how terrible we really are.

also, we are cowards.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The matchmaking in this game is... extreme.

After winning a whole of one game I suddenly found myself in the top 0.36% of players in the Euro TPP rankings, so all weekend I've been playing against people who play as cowardly as I do only they are all seemingly human aimbots who evaporate my skull as soon as I clear the horizon from 300 meters away.

Down to 3% (good weekend, really), maybe it will be fun again soon?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Thom P. Tiers posted:

You *only* found backpacks all the way until the second circle almost closed in?

Well, no. There were some pistols and a helmet and stuff. I just meant, in terms of making an effective stand, it was almost nothing and there was an unlikely ratio of backpacks in our hunt.

Hey, you dudes with your GeForce cards, does anyone have a pretty good setup for the enhancements overlay thing? It seems to make the game prettier (or uglier) without hurting the framerate at all (at least on my thing, which is like three years old at this point) but I'm kind of lovely for knowing what the nicest looking setup is. You can have tiers and tiers of enhancements, but I'm just lovely at figuring out how they all integrate. I had kind of a pretty good thing going but my girlfriend said everyone looked like they were living in a ghost world, and I realized I had the bloom way up and some other stupid poo poo that, at the time seemed like it was good but actually was awful.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
The replay tool is a bit assy but I had some fun making a little arty video.

I hosed up a jump, got squashed by my own car and my teammate proceeding to team kill me as he rushed for the save in his ute, He was ruthless and drove away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FblWNXm89SY

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The matchmaking in this game is... extreme.

After winning a whole of one game I suddenly found myself in the top 0.36% of players in the Euro TPP rankings, so all weekend I've been playing against people who play as cowardly as I do only they are all seemingly human aimbots who evaporate my skull as soon as I clear the horizon from 300 meters away.

Down to 3% (good weekend, really), maybe it will be fun again soon?

I'm not a great player, and I don't care about my stats, so I've been experimenting with tanking my rating. I was able to go from top 10% down to top 42% in about 10 games. Tanking is tricky to do because you dont' lose rating if you die early, and if you die too late you still get a boost. The ideal spot for reducing your ranking is to die with no kills with about 75 people remaining.

This game really needs leagues to set skill level. The way it works now, players myself who belong in a gold league get matched with Masters. That's just dumb.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

I always thought the top % ranking was off / blatantly wrong?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

cougar cub posted:

I always thought the top % ranking was off / blatantly wrong?

Why would it be off?

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Bluehole's track record / thinking my ranking is too high

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Ranking is based mostly on placing, so if you're not kys'ing at school you're going to be high placed.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

cougar cub posted:

Bluehole's track record / thinking my ranking is too high

It's off by an entire decimal point, I think. Not sure why they got rid of actual ranking, which you only get to see once you hit high rank.

Mae posted:

Ranking is based mostly on placing, so if you're not kys'ing at school you're going to be high placed.

It also favors just playing more in general, at least until you hit high ranks.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

VulgarandStupid posted:

It's off by an entire decimal point, I think. Not sure why they got rid of actual ranking, which you only get to see once you hit high rank.

This is still in, isnt it? I've seen actual rank.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Vector: best weapon??? Slap a red dot and extended mag on it and it's like a laser gun for anything close range.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hellsau posted:

Chocotaco completely gave up on the leaderboards this week because of the hackers and the laughable PUBG bugs like instantly dying when trying to climb up something or enemy nades killing you from 50 meters while your nades not killing enemies when you land them on their feet or shotguns being hilariously inconsistent or the stupid hand hitboxes, etc. It's for the best, really.

The amount of hackers is unreal right now, at least in TPP. There's no mythically hacker-free FPP for Duo in SA and our current connection to NA is extremely unstable, which really sucks. Almost every single one of my matches has a very blatant cheater.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Elentor posted:

The amount of hackers is unreal right now, at least in TPP. There's no mythically hacker-free FPP for Duo in SA and our current connection to NA is extremely unstable, which really sucks. Almost every single one of my matches has a very blatant cheater.

Was Reshade's sacrifice in vain?

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

drunken officeparty posted:

Vector: best weapon??? Slap a red dot and extended mag on it and it's like a laser gun for anything close range.

Yeah but without the extended mag it's trash

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Was Reshade's sacrifice in vain?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8iW8GWt4Pc

Reshade was a martyr.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

To be honest, this game has stopped being fun for me with the way the matching system works. I'm nowhere near good enough to go up against the top tier guys, but because the bell curve is so steep I end up lumped into a game with them and I get destroyed match after match, until my rating tanks, then I'll have a run of top10s when my rating gets low enough and I think I'm doing better and then oops I'm back in the top "1%"

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

To be honest, this game has stopped being fun for me with the way the matching system works. I'm nowhere near good enough to go up against the top tier guys, but because the bell curve is so steep I end up lumped into a game with them and I get destroyed match after match, until my rating tanks, then I'll have a run of top10s when my rating gets low enough and I think I'm doing better and then oops I'm back in the top "1%"

That's what I was trying to get at with my post earlier. The skill gap between top 10% and top 1% is massive. Those two groups shouldn't be matched against each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
It's tough having a fun time with my much less skilled friends.

But it's that way in every fps I suppose.