Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Holy poo poo, that is peak woke brand.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Lmao this owns

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

whole foods is the least woke company

they pioneered the business strategy of pretending the company is woke and is more expensive because it is more ethical and charging more so that bougie customers can feel they are doing good by paying a tithe to support fair trade or whatever but then not actually doing anything good and just pocketing the money

the founder and ceo of the company is a huge libertarian and anti-union rear end in a top hat and was one of the biggest celebrity CEOs that bitched and bitched about how the ACA was fascism
he's also a big-time Thatcher fanboy

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

it is never not time to make poo poo pink

https://twitter.com/CheckersHockey/...d-daily-roundup

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Komen Foundation sucks poo poo.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Komen Foundation sucks poo poo.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Space Quest 4 remake lookin' good.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Shear Modulus posted:

starbucks of course is like the #2 company at pretending you are woke and charging more to let bougie people mollify their conscience but then not being woke and just keeping the money

the fake wokeness lifestyle brand segment is super lucrative

I normally don't like David Brooks but I gotta admit that Bobos in Paradise owned

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

starbucks of course is like the #2 company at pretending you are woke and charging more to let bougie people mollify their conscience but then not being woke and just keeping the money

the fake wokeness lifestyle brand segment is super lucrative

I know everyone loves to poo poo on Zizek but here's a pretty great video summarizing this concept
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpAMbpQ8J7g

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/DanaSchwartzzz/status/965654321936220160

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm glad the first black superhero ended racism.

I'm also glad Marvel Heroes got shut down before the movie played so my Black Panther achievement will remain rare forever.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

doing my part for reparations by buying 10 tickets to black panther

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i got an email from the Urban League and a couple of things don't belong in it

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

its loose change

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'm in the middle of the RLM review of Black Panther and it reminded me of their gripe about the latest Thor movie: it doesn't matter that they do a few things here and there differently and do them well, it's still a superhero movie and that demands an ending where the good guy fights the bad guy. that's the high end of what a Marvel movie will always be

they're also on the side of the bad guy

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

i'm in the middle of the RLM review of Black Panther and it reminded me of their gripe about the latest Thor movie: it doesn't matter that they do a few things here and there differently and do them well, it's still a superhero movie and that demands an ending where the good guy fights the bad guy. that's the high end of what a Marvel movie will always be

they're also on the side of the bad guy

*CIA overthrows lawful leader of Wakanda*

"Actually this is cool and very good"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Still think it's hosed up nobody remembers Meteor Man

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

It's gonna be great in like 2030 when Marvel has used up every possible minority and we all have to pretend that the new asexual superhero movie is a watershed moment for our culture.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tunicate posted:

*CIA overthrows lawful leader of Wakanda*

"Actually this is cool and very good"
the RLM review also mentions that the movie ends with Wakanda creating nonprofits in inner cities like Oakland. it's no wonder why pop culture libs love it- sort of like Wonder Woman, it's blatant red meat to their sensibilities and politics. and that very, very, very small sliver of the population makes up almost every major movie critic, so it's played up to be a commonly-held belief when most people just wanna see a black superhero, or any superhero movie at all

there's a petition going around saying that Disney/Marvel should give 20% of the earnings from Black Panther to inner city after-school programs and the like, but i'm with RLM in saying that should be upped to 50%. it'll obviously never happen, which is why we need to use force

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Still think it's hosed up nobody remembers Meteor Man
when i was growing up, there was a black Green Lantern in the DC cartoons

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

when i was growing up, there was a black Green Lantern in the DC cartoons

literally the only funny thing about the green lantern movie was seeing the number of normal people sane enough to stay far away from comics go 'uhhh who the gently caress is this white guy, isn't green lantern black'

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Stale Saltines posted:

It's gonna be great in like 2030 when Marvel has used up every possible minority and we all have to pretend that the new asexual superhero movie is a watershed moment for our culture.

they already cornered the asexual demographic with that weird red man from avengers 2 i'm pretty sure

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Business Gorillas posted:

they already cornered the asexual demographic with that weird red man from avengers 2 i'm pretty sure

He's dating Magneto's daughter currently. At least I think it's Magneto's daughter? In comics she's his daughter? gently caress if I know.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

KiteAuraan posted:

He's dating Magneto's daughter currently. At least I think it's Magneto's daughter? In comics she's his daughter? gently caress if I know.

Fox has all x-men rights which means all mutants. However scarlet witch and quicksilver are also avengers, so they are allowed to be in the avengers movies, but all references to them being mutants or their relation to other mutants is only allowed in fox movies

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

fox doesn't own x-men movie rights anymore, but disney will probably keep screwing them anyway

seriously, how do you make a Marvel vs. Capcom game with zero x-men? they've been part of crossover fighting games since the very beginning

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/NYCMayor/status/965984559522336768

the banks will save us this time

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the unfortunate thing is that starving gunmakers and their enablers of money is probably the most effective way of making change. even then, that's a pipe dream because judicial precedent has been in favor of absolute gun rights for a decade

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

KiteAuraan posted:

oh my god who knows this

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

that's a sweet gun

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Stale Saltines posted:

They've already covered the asexual demographic with every comic book movie ever.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Business Gorillas posted:

oh my god who knows this

There are nerds... on the INTERNET!?!?!!?

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

new ad for the british army

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

http://twitter.com/timsoret/status/966394424782655488

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ahaha the commentary on that last one

the assassin's creed team must've eaten a lot of poo poo internally over that 'playable female assassins would be too hard to animate' debacle a few years back

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i liked the one bit in the last assassin's creed i played where it revealed that the 5 supreme court justices that were the majority in citizens united were members of the bad guys who are the evil illuminati that controlled the world and were trying to mind-control enslave all of mankind with alien technology or whatever

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

i liked the one bit in the last assassin's creed i played where it revealed that the 5 supreme court justices that were the majority in citizens united were members of the bad guys who are the evil illuminati that controlled the world and were trying to mind-control enslave all of mankind with alien technology or whatever

AC: Brotherhood calls out capitalism as a way to maintain the divine rule of kings in the modern era, it loving owns.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

But then in AC: Syndicate Karl Marx is an NPC who gives you side missions and they have him say this lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002