Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Hail CryptoSatan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

:swoon:

Mister Facetious posted:

Hail Crypto-san

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

1gnoirents posted:

So hey guys uhhh check this out!

Slippy Toad lookin' THICC

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
While we're on hateful components: showcase your pride in your genetic superiority to all the untermeschen at your next LAN party with this stylish and utilitarian case from Corsair! :hitler:

(Corsair really failed to think this one through)

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 16, 2018

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing people cryptomining was a good investment.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Paul MaudDib posted:

Showcase your pride in your genetic superiority to all the untermeschen at your next LAN party with this stylish and utilitarian case from Corsair!

:yikes:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I- is that a 200mm fan in the front? Just how big is that case?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Mister Facetious posted:

I- is that a 200mm fan in the front? Just how big is that case?

Yup.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/graphite-series-380t-portable-mini-itx-case

It's a mITX cube case, so it's not exactly competitive with the DAN case and some of the other tiny ITX cases that have come out lately. In general I think cube cases tend to look smaller on the internet than they are in reality.

If you want a portable ITX case and you're OK with the cube form factor they're not terrible, apart from a very unfortunate choice to go with a giant LED swastika fan on the front. They are discontinued and go for a premium on eBay though, and from what I hear they are kind of dust magnets.

The first run of DANs could be ordered with handles, I don't know too many others besides that.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 16, 2018

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I mean the big LED fans of not that long ago do that, though. Mine isn't definitively swastika-like, but it's an old 200MM fan with LED's placed around instead of the big light tube ring I see on YouTube videos.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Paul MaudDib posted:

Yup.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/graphite-series-380t-portable-mini-itx-case

It's a mITX cube case, so it's not exactly competitive with the DAN case and some of the other tiny ITX cases that have come out lately. In general I think cube cases tend to look smaller on the internet than they are in reality.

If you want a portable ITX case and you're OK with the cube form factor they're not terrible, apart from a very unfortunate choice to go with a giant LED swastika fan on the front. They are discontinued and go for a premium on eBay though, and from what I hear they are kind of dust magnets.

The first run of DANs could be ordered with handles, I don't know too many others besides that.

If they added some sweet stereo speakers (Sony XB30/40) that would be an awesome boom box PC build.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

I'd totally pair this up with my limited edition rainbow LGBT Nvidia GPU.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Back when I had more GPUs mining I set some Asus STRIX cards to have cycling colors so my apartment was a 24/7 pride parade.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Replace 'em with a Noctua 200mm, or Silverstone AP182, RGB is a blight upon all existence anyways.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

AMD need some genius to name a GCN derivative from.

I'm thinking the AMD Giordano Bruno. From an earlier time and also burned alive.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
No, no more loving derivatives. We need to be done with GCN derivatives, and onto "the thing that replaces GCN".

Unfortunately, anything red that symbolizes rebirth is going to have unfortunate fire themes, which will lead to a new generation of "lol Atmosphere's Muggy Devices" jokes or some other three-word jokes or some other initialism that matches AMD.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

They need to grab noted silicon samurai Jim Keller back from Tesla and make him create a new GPU architecture.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

SwissArmyDruid posted:

No, no more loving derivatives. We need to be done with GCN derivatives, and onto "the thing that replaces GCN".

Unfortunately, anything red that symbolizes rebirth is going to have unfortunate fire themes, which will lead to a new generation of "lol Atmosphere's Muggy Devices" jokes or some other three-word jokes or some other initialism that matches AMD.

Post Navi is suppose to be your answer.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

SwissCM posted:

They need to grab noted silicon samurai Jim Keller back from Tesla and make him create a new GPU architecture.

That's kinda why they hired Raja Koduri but it turns out you also need money

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Arzachel posted:

That's kinda why they hired Raja Koduri but it turns out you also need money

I don't think Raja's "real engineering" shroud did much for them.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Raja's half decade achievement for AMD: improving Intel's integrated graphics.

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!
Maybe Sony+MS money for the next console architecture will trickle down to us AMD PC peasants.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

karoshi posted:

Maybe Sony+MS money for the next console architecture will trickle down to us AMD PC peasants.

Not really because they arn't gonna use the latest poo poo

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Paul MaudDib posted:

While we're on hateful components: showcase your pride in your genetic superiority to all the untermeschen at your next LAN party with this stylish and utilitarian case from Corsair! :hitler:

(Corsair really failed to think this one through)

I've got a 2013 Corsair Carbide 500R case, and thought I'd see what mine were like after seeing this.

Oh dear.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The final solution in portable cases

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Don Lapre posted:

Not really because they arn't gonna use the latest poo poo

Weren't Jaguar chips only available commercially less than a year before the PS4 and Bone came out? I understand they weren't powerful, but they were the newest SoC solution at the time.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

Weren't Jaguar chips only available commercially less than a year before the PS4 and Bone came out? I understand they weren't powerful, but they were the newest SoC solution at the time.
six months (the first Jaguar chip released was an Opteron in May 2013, ps4/xbone released Nov 2013)

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Lord Ludikrous posted:

I've got a 2013 Corsair Carbide 500R case, and thought I'd see what mine were like after seeing this.

Oh dear.
LED fans: not even once

hell, bling LEDs in general: not even once

because christ they light up my room so annoyingly and i'm trying to sleep :argh:

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
My latest motherboard has a rainbow emitnating from it and instead of turning off yet another LED thing I moved my desk into the dining room. I use a case with no panels too so its like a literal light show

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought you moved your mining rig to the dining room because the heat and noise made sleeping in your room impossible

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

AMD need some genius to name a GCN derivative from.

I'm thinking the AMD Giordano Bruno. From an earlier time and also burned alive.

Gamecube

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Fauxtool posted:

I thought you moved your mining rig to the dining room because the heat and noise made sleeping in your room impossible

Probably somebody else. My mining stuff is actually in the kitchen because there's like a mile of countertop in there for some reason.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:sbahj:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Perfect in every way.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
How the gently caress did I not notice the LED fan swastikas before this

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Led lights in fans have been like that since what, 2011?

Nobody's caught that until now?

Back on GPU hardware, ASUS finally after about a month apparently is replacing my Strix 980ti with what appears to be the same card in throwing distance of the same serial number.
It's interesting they actually have cards available for replacement (The RMA page said the parts were unavailable and on order so I guess they may have had to search their stock or something.)

So no free upgrade/sidegrade but as long as this card doesn't do the squares of death again, I hope it holds out until whenever the next gen is available. Going off the Pascale launch and the miner craze still going on, I don't see that happening for at least a year unless they allow a way to pre-order directly from Nvidia or one of the partners.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

steve knew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfFSgqa4Ar0&t=70s

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

And he says it's going to be a gaming architecture. Looks like ComputerBase was talking out their rear end after all (they are the source of the "Turing is a cryptomining uarch" rumor, and they said that purely based on the name).

Ezekial
Jan 10, 2014
So I bought a 1030 on ebay for my server, found this in recommended:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202151553970
The hell is it? I've seen similar where the os detects them as they say they are what the seller says they are. I assume they're just software adjusted 730s or something, maybe 560s. No idea. Feel like ebay should have weeded this crap out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Ezekial posted:

So I bought a 1030 on ebay for my server, found this in recommended:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202151553970
The hell is it? I've seen similar where the os detects them as they say they are what the seller says they are. I assume they're just software adjusted 730s or something, maybe 560s. No idea. Feel like ebay should have weeded this crap out.

It's some lower end usually old card flashed with a bios that says it's a higher end newer card but the specs don't match. It's a really common scam and I'm guessing ebay can't keep up. The specs mean it's probably a GTX 550 Ti or something:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_500_series

This guy bought a "GTX 960" that was a flashed GTX 450:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ved84d_6occ