Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
My estimate was pretty spot-on: All told, cutting, trimming, assembly and basing of these DAK dudes was 24:30 minutes per model. Almost 18 of that is cutting the parts off the sprues, trimming the mold lines, and gluing everything together. I'm starting to wonder if they'll take longer to assemble and base than they will to paint. :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Sex Cannon posted:

Got quite a bit done today:

Finished building and basing 5 Intercessors
Built and based a Primaris Captain
Built and based 5 Hellblasters
Based another Primaris Captain

Proof:

Tomorrow is spray day!

If you're free this weekend MY WIFE is gone.

Today's Progress: Bought a horse!

Oh wait? Painting? Welp.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Did some work in the Yncarne tonight. Happy with everything but my terrible attempt at NMM Gold. I’ll touch it up later - trying to get the rest of my stuff to a 3 color minimum for a tournament next weekend.

I am really happy with the basing scheme, though.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh wait? Painting? Welp.

Glue is essential to hobby progress

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Getting on the BA hammer captain bandwagon (which will probably have ended before I ever get to use it) and figured I might as well go all in and use the Lord Executioner with a simple weapon swap:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Last night I built my last quad mortar and primed/silver based all the mortars and crew.

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.

BULBASAUR posted:

Work has been crazy so my painting progress has suffered. For now I'm going to focus on putting together an army for a Tactical Strike campaign next month. Here's a mockup of a Tyrant. Thoughts on the concept?

Bolter will get another barrel and the SOH markings will get shaved off

Thoughts are that it is sick af. The cataphractii armour looks really good with the extra height above the shoulders, and the slightly more regular sized head makes him look a lot less like he's disappearing into his own armour than some, he looks huge.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Getting back into the swing of things.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfRKeWqlNV7/

Also got a few of his pals on my work bench, planning on taking a couple weeks off between jobs and getting some work done then.

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

I started this stego the other night:

Hoping to finish him tomorrow. Really enjoying wet blending.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

FiestaNinja posted:

Thoughts are that it is sick af. The cataphractii armour looks really good with the extra height above the shoulders, and the slightly more regular sized head makes him look a lot less like he's disappearing into his own armour than some, he looks huge.

Hey, thanks dude. I posted this on FB and people seem to really like it.

I'm kinda surprised since I smashed it together in 30min and it's held together with blutac. Guess I need to do a full squad now :shobon:

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh wait? Painting? Welp.

What kind? For what purpose?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

bonds0097 posted:

What kind? For what purpose?

I bought a Warhorse so that I could carry all the loot from killing bandits.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So like is kingdom come worth it?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Immanentized posted:

So like is kingdom come worth it?

I'd say so. It has a real charm to it that I love, but I wouldn't play it without using the savegame mod.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ah, forgot you were knee deep in Medieval Peon Simulator 2018.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
Finally finished the last two trays for my Grey Knights: now they are all at completely assembled, at least basecoated, and have their own trays sized for my bag. Plus, they conveniently fit exactly within one of my desk drawers for safe keeping!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Back on the wagon! I finished building my Orc team.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Karl Rove posted:

Finally finished the last two trays for my Grey Knights: now they are all at completely assembled, at least basecoated, and have their own trays sized for my bag. Plus, they conveniently fit exactly within one of my desk drawers for safe keeping!

What's that big base full of backpacks for?

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

Immanentized posted:

What's that big base full of backpacks for?
The backpacks for most of my marines are magnetized so I can swap between Strike/Purgation squads and Interceptors; I originally didn't know how I wanted to store them so I just cut a big circular well that I can add an insert to in order to hold them in place. I'll get around to it eventually but it's not really been a problem so far.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Didn’t get any painting done today but I assembled this points/turns tracker, which was a complete pain in the rear end, so that’s something right?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Almost there! Almost there!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Kingdom Come Hat Trick. 23 hours played; imagine how much I would have gotten done had I been painting instead...

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space
Hour and a half painting yellow 2nd or 3rd coat plus yellow/white highlight coat. The hybrid still needs agrax shade on his pants, then cleaned up and highlighted and this batch will be done with yellow for most part.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Slapped some tracks on. Just gotta do the guns and I think I'll call this done.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
I bought a commissar that was already painted, and touched up the paintwork

Before:

After:

i painted the bolt pistol red as is tradition and sharpened up the highlights, removing the drybrush from the flat areas. he's just been rebased also.

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man

My Plaguecaster looked good until I took a picture, than I noticed all the work he needed. Thankfully I have another week to touch him up

Also doing a test squad of Sons of Horus. I need to break and fix the arms of one guy, but overall they're turning out really drat well and I'm having fun with them.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Skails posted:

Hour and a half painting yellow 2nd or 3rd coat plus yellow/white highlight coat. The hybrid still needs agrax shade on his pants, then cleaned up and highlighted and this batch will be done with yellow for most part.

Over a black primer you can start with brown, then tan, then finally yellow. Transparency of yellow is a pita.

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space

Philthy posted:

Over a black primer you can start with brown, then tan, then finally yellow. Transparency of yellow is a pita.

I've been doing a bronze yellow layer over the black, but I could use another lighter intermediate color. It even took a couple layers to clean up over the agrax wash with yellow.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Got some work done today.

Now to do decals on the other half of the unit, then pigments and I’m done! Made pretty good time on these bois.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Got some work done today.

Now to do decals on the other half of the unit, then pigments and I’m done! Made pretty good time on these bois.

Absolutely loving that blue. Would you mid sharing a recipe?

Update: finished contemptor and base, also installed new shelving on hobby room!

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
toying with the idea

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Immanentized posted:

Absolutely loving that blue. Would you mid sharing a recipe?

Update: finished contemptor and base, also installed new shelving on hobby room!

Thanks!

I prime black, then a medium-thick coat of Vallejo game air silver, then brush salt and water on the armor panels, then a very thin coat of Vallejo game air blue, and occasionally a second coat if the first is too thin. Then let it all dry, chip off the salt, and do a messy wash of mig fresh engine oil. I wrap it up by using a bit of white spirit to clean most of the panel areas, but I leave some oil splotches to make them look nice and grubby.

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?
Got some more work done on my DI Deathguard

head58
Apr 1, 2013

First unit of Mans-of-War done, started on the second.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

osirisisdead posted:

toying with the idea

I'm not sure what I'm looking at here?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Here is my year-to-date Vior'la T'au:

Tomorrow, I start assembling 12 Kurnoth Hunters and 4 Treelords.

(I am waiting for the pigment fixative to dry before painting the base rims.)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Spent a little bit of time searching through my bits box for some Space Marine Scout bits. Amazing what you can find when you have 20 years of pieces.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

dexefiend posted:

Here is my year-to-date Vior'la T'au:

Tomorrow, I start assembling 12 Kurnoth Hunters and 4 Treelords.

These guys are looking great, good job on making the white work.

Tangentially related to hobby progress I finally got around to putting away a bunch of my figures back into their display cases instead of being left around the house in carry cases. I still need to organise them in the cases better and repair some damaged bits (loving metal scraplauncher!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

dexefiend posted:

What is your base recipe? That surface is gorgeous.