Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

The Garen continuum..

Evil - Darius ('Darren') -- Neutral - Jayce ('Neutral Garen') -- Good - Garen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The correct Word is ‘Just’ garen. Please respect our authoritarianism

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Karen (girl garen)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Matt Lindland posted:

Karen (girl garen)

go on...

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

So I haven't played since like, Gnar was the most recent champion that was released, but a good friend wants to learn the game and I dusted off my old account to dip back in.

I'm reading about the IP -> blue essence changes and was wondering if there's some way to get a bunch of blue essence from my old nullified runes or for being level 30 or something. Am I poo poo out of luck on that?

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
You'll get it all back but you need to play one game first

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Sick, time to play one game very poorly and see what I've got to work with - thanks!

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
"Some late additional Zoe changes in 8.4:
P ratio to 0.325 was 0.25
Q damage 45-105+0.2 was 45-165+0.4
W AP ratio to 0.6 was 0.4
W MS 30-70% was 10-70%
+34 base HP and +2 base AD

Expect 8.4 leaves her quite weak. Would rather risk overnerfing and fix after at this point though."

"Hey, remember Nid Mid? we sure didn't!"

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

njsykora posted:

If you don't have the champ, just dust the shard unless it's a skin you really really want.

I like Darius and I’ll probably buy him eventually, and I like the skin okay. I’ll dust it if I need the orange stuff but as of now I don’t.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
No one could have predicted Zoe on release was broken as hell. No one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zoe will probably be reworked before mordekaiser is

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Now level 28 so almost at ranked.

Just had one of those awesome games.

Start taking garen in nasus and holy hell do I gently caress up lane. Misjudged ignite at level 3 to miss a kill. Then hosed up flash on a jg gank going about 2 cm so 1 kill down.

The misjudged the power of his ult. 2 kills down.

My tower fell soon after I was forced to back. But from that point everything just went perfect. Went straight mid. Kill and save tower. Jump bot save that tower. Team falling back but stabilising. Start calling poo poo, everything from hey this guy is over extended let's collapse to Barron and towers.

Ended up being down to just nexus towers against all but 1 on theirs to winning. Felt great and really showed the power of 5 people doing sensible stuff. I feel pinging the obvious helps as you get more dudes burning down something than not.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Usually when I start telling people what to do they just go "omg this brand, stfu dude you're more tilting than the enemy team"

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe I should build this stupid item more when I'm ahead

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Endorph posted:

zoe will probably be reworked before mordekaiser is

To be fair a Zoe rework is a hell of a lot easier than a Morde rework because you have to replace everything on Morde

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

Usually when I start telling people what to do they just go "omg this brand, stfu dude you're more tilting than the enemy team"

i hate that poo poo, and whenever i am playing with lower mmr friends the difference is almost entirely made by if i can get one of the random guys to not do that

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
My first promo game to get to B1 and some rear end in a top hat named Butthole Banger takes Corki mid vs Lux, is 0/4 before ten minutes, blames jungle and starts intentionally feeding. Wonderful.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Dregs posted:

My first promo game to get to B1 and some rear end in a top hat named Butthole Banger takes Corki mid vs Lux, is 0/4 before ten minutes, blames jungle and starts intentionally feeding. Wonderful.

Welcome to promos.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

That's a good summoner name tho

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

pog boyfriend posted:

i hate that poo poo, and whenever i am playing with lower mmr friends the difference is almost entirely made by if i can get one of the random guys to not do that

god forbid someone has a plan or tries to communicate in solo queue!!!

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

god forbid someone has a plan or tries to communicate in solo queue!!!

guy stuck in silver 5: how dare you tell me, the best player in league of legends, not to walk up and down the river waiting for the crab to spawn. you bastard

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Crab is my right as a demacian

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

big thanks to that one goon that recommended playing Janna as a sure support to climb

I actually did that and I'm almost Gold 1, perhaps I can get to Platinum?????

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!
http://plays.tv/video/5a8a3d43c3fe8b4e4f/weak-level-one

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
just played a game with this guy, he completely took over and 1v5 carried

it makes sense when you think about it, bloodboil, celerity, predator, relentless hunter all give movespeed which means AP

first built sorc boots

He would just run into lane with 1000 movespeed, W>E>R and would get double kills

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

What elo do you have to get to before your ADC knows how to manage a wave? It's so loving annoying to chunk the enemy bot lane to the point they'll die if they step up... only to have your ADC mindlessly shove the wave to the tower when we could deny them farm for free

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

What elo do you have to get to before your ADC knows how to manage a wave? It's so loving annoying to chunk the enemy bot lane to the point they'll die if they step up... only to have your ADC mindlessly shove the wave to the tower when we could deny them farm for free

Mid/high Diamond at the earliest. I hit Plat 1 last season and regularly saw opportunities for the enemy duo to ratfuck us with a freeze, promptly followed by their ADC hard shoving it back to us.

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

Keep in mind that freezing in bottom lane, while good, isn't necessarily always the best thing you want to be doing. Shoving the wave and creating jungle pressure is generally going to be more of an advantage if you can get them to actually come to you, or even in some cases if you can continue to harass their lane under their tower, or get in tower chip if you have no kill potential. Freezes are actually something that should be happening relatively infrequently, because the CS disadvantage isn't majorly better than using a standard trading stance while accomplishing the shove.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Vermain posted:

Mid/high Diamond at the earliest. I hit Plat 1 last season and regularly saw opportunities for the enemy duo to ratfuck us with a freeze, promptly followed by their ADC hard shoving it back to us.

Argh

Ormi posted:

Keep in mind that freezing in bottom lane, while good, isn't necessarily always the best thing you want to be doing. Shoving the wave and creating jungle pressure is generally going to be more of an advantage if you can get them to actually come to you, or even in some cases if you can continue to harass their lane under their tower, or get in tower chip if you have no kill potential. Freezes are actually something that should be happening relatively infrequently, because the CS disadvantage isn't majorly better than using a standard trading stance while accomplishing the shove.

Fair enough. I've been spamming Brand supp and it just feels like it's more effective to step up and run them off when we're ahead(and maybe just blow them up if they get impatient) whereas my tower harass is clunky, but I might just be bad at it too

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

Fair enough. I've been spamming Brand supp and it just feels like it's more effective to step up and run them off when we're ahead(and maybe just blow them up if they get impatient) whereas my tower harass is clunky, but I might just be bad at it too

That's fine, but the proper response there is for them to base and get their health back, because presumably you've already gotten them low enough to the point where they can't punish you for your forward positioning. It's not exactly a freeze, but if it's working for you, by all means. And if they aren't low, well, they're tilted out of their minds because they have no idea how to play against poke-catch. :v

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
A freeze is beneficial until they leave the lane and go somewhere else. Then you push it up and take towers until they come back.

This by the way is how Nasus players can stack a million q and still lose. You have to know when to stop slow push stacking and when to just use E to push the wave up to get to the tower.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Long-duration freezes in bot should generally only be done if you have sufficient threat (such as from, say, Sivir + Alistar) to zone the enemy ADC off the wave completely without much fear of retribution and there's no real opportunities available to roam up to mid or invade the jungle. Otherwise, slow pushes into roams are generally better.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Just had a nid jungle who was 0/1/0 until 22 minutes while I was ran down by a predator skarner under my own tower like 4 times.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

its curtains for Kevin posted:

A freeze is beneficial until they leave the lane and go somewhere else. Then you push it up and take towers until they come back.

This by the way is how Nasus players can stack a million q and still lose. You have to know when to stop slow push stacking and when to just use E to push the wave up to get to the tower.

Seconding this. Learning a lot about wave management (especially in the context of summoner spells like Teleport) can hugely impact the game. Kill the enemy top/mid in a gank? Jungler should be sticking around to hard shove a wave, and force the enemy to pop TP to get back and get XP/gold in time. Meanwhile, the position favors you by building a wave that will gather and push to me.

It's really noticeable when people don't know this because they'll leave immediately after a gank when you ping to push, or they'll complain about you stealing their farm/taxing them for trying to shove out after you gank.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

void vayne

cool

sci fi skin

frajaq fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Feb 20, 2018

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
titties :five:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Finally, the return of League Babes.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

is this a certainlyT champ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

frajaq posted:

is this a certainlyT champ???

this better be a hybrid champion or i am going to be mad and say darn it really loud, in real life, in front of my computer.