Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

bamhand posted:

That is pretty good volume. I think I only get 150k a month with upper and lower body combined.
If you did leg press you could inflate the poo poo outta those numbers. You'd be doing 150k in a session.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Lift at home with just free weight stuff. Squats are good enough for me I guess.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Im cutting and my god damned 2 year old literally eats more than I do lol

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Well the kid is bulking so

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

If you do cycling you can eat like 3000 calories and still lose weight. It's poo poo!!

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I'm also cutting and I probably need to increase my calories again because I'm losing to much weight too fast. I don't even do a lot of cardio just 3 times a week. poo poo is weird man.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

hemale in pain posted:

If you do cycling you can eat like 3000 calories and still lose weight. It's the best!!!

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

So heres a question - whats the best way to handle getting sick during a cut?

Ive got a cold/flu at the moment and its pretty easy to under eat. Ive had to back off on the weights due to fatigue obviously.

Should I up calories to maintenance or something to help with fatigue while I fight this thing off or just continue on through. Does it even matter?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Bump up to maintenance in my opinion. Your body needs the resources to recover from your illness.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Sludge Tank posted:

I did try launching them with my knees but i found i ended up wiggling down the seat so i ended up in a very awkward sitting position so my rear end was too far forward and the db's end up anywhere. Just need to develop better shoulder strength i guess.
Try bringing them closer to your stomach, lean forward, then bring them up as you sit back into the incline bench. The farther they are from your core the harder they are going to be to lift.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

I was invited out last night to join a food reviewer go to 3 different restaurants. The three of us ate a total of 23 courses, minus fries on most of the burgers. I've been pooping nonstop.

Can't wait to Squat today.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wiSo28UVpA

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Please don't doxx me.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

:goonsay: actually

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

I love Adam Philips videos.

Update: did a few sets at the Squat rack but ended up finishing that group at the hack Squat.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Pro: front squat back up to pre-break numbers.

Con: pre-break numbers were poo poo.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Worked my way up to 3 reps of 415 on deadlift. Now slogging through 5x10 squats at 205. Can't wait for this lifting week to be over.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I did stiff legged deadlifts for the first time and I'm in love

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I tried front squats and couldn't stay upright or even close to it. I did forget my powerlifts though, maybe the heel will help next time.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Got the results for my popping ribs x-ray, everything looked ok, so at least nothing is broken. Probably a muscle strain. The spot is only slightly sore, but not actually painful.

Onward to new injuries.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Did bench press again after a break of 3ish months due to various pains, 6x10x137lbs. Feeling sore. :coolfish:

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Used a safety bar for squats tonight for the first time.

Am a fan. 10/10 would squat again.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I always find it really scary when I see somone squatting to almost failure without the safeties up :ohdear:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I never use safeties.

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately

sassassin posted:

I never use safeties.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I tried front squats and couldn't stay upright or even close to it. I did forget my powerlifts though, maybe the heel will help next time.

empty bar facing close to a wall

that will tell you very quickly where your problem is

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

doverhog posted:

Did bench press again after a break of 3ish months due to various pains, 6x10x137lbs. Feeling sore. :coolfish:

Trying to envision how to put 137 on a bar.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

It's called the metric system, and some rounding.

*also I bench at home on a lovely thing that can't support any more weight than that

doverhog fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Feb 18, 2018

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Word.

Wasn't judging.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

drat 44 lb bar

Prevents me from getting to round numbers every drat time

doverhog
May 31, 2013

The actual weight is 62 kg, the bar is 10kg, the plates are vinyl.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

GORDON posted:

Trying to envision how to put 137 on a bar.

There are 1.25lb baseball bat weights you can buy to put 2.5lbs on a bar. I like them for overhead press because I suck at overhead press.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

empty bar facing close to a wall

that will tell you very quickly where your problem is

How close? I think there might be too many mirrors if that's what you mean to avoid. I suspect it might be ankle dorsiflexion, I did forget to bring my squat shoes that night. I took a video but my lens cover or whatever it's called was smudged so it came out super blurry.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Could always put plates under your heels.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I tried a 5lb plate on my last set. It helped a little but I felt I wasn't upright enough still.

edit: my hip flexor area on the left side is still pissed off anyway. It doesn't really hurt much anymore but I could still "feel it" in a way when I tried the front squats. Some guy in r/weightroom said he fixed a similar problem by taking about 25% of 1rm and just sitting in the bottom of a squat as long as he could with good form, so I may try that out.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 19, 2018

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I do most of my exercising at home. As a thought experiment, could you guyes do 100 40kg kettlebell swings and 200 hindu squats, or 10x10x62kg bench press? I've not tried to see what my max lifts would be but sure they would be lower than you guys, just curious. I guess what im saying is i am bringing autonomous crossfit into the no crossfit zone, sorry...

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
I've never tried to do cardio so i dunno

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
whats a hindu squat? where you just squat all the way down with your butt tucked under you like slavs do?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

whats a hindu squat? where you just squat all the way down with your butt tucked under you like slavs do?

kipping squats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Bodyweight squat, and you rise up on your balls of feet at the bottom.