Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013
That's not Synthol, this guy just masturbates a lot.

EDIT: Serious answer: He has Klippel–Trénaunay syndrome and is an Arm Wrestler.

EDIT 2: What ToxicSlurpee said.

PaulBearer has a new favorite as of 10:25 on Feb 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I forget his name but if memory serves that guy's arm is actually kind of defect that makes that arm way bigger than the other.

So he turned it into an advantage by becoming a competitive arm wrestler. Apparently his freakishly huge arm gives him a big advantage in his weight class.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Rumda posted:

Pluto/Hades always seems to get a bad rap his brothers and nephews raped countless mortals and gods he kidnaps one goddess and it's all anyone remembers...

Every single Roman/Greek deity was an absolute rear end in a top hat to someone sometime.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Clitch posted:

Every single Roman/Greek deity was an absolute rear end in a top hat to someone sometime.

Hephaestus was pretty cool.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Hephaestus’ wife Aphrodite despised him & slept around, much to his consternation.

Hephaestus was the original cuck.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Clitch posted:

Every Greek god rapes somebody, sometime
Even Hera raped that guy that one time
Someone on Olympus just told me,
My sometime is now ...

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
https://twitter.com/cashbonez/status/965159799179567105

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Hjalmar posted:

The fact that we're finally at a point where someone put an advertisement in space is viscerally upsetting to me.
Better than this
https://mashable.com/2018/01/25/rocket-lab-humanity-star-bad-for-astronomy/

quote:

On Thursday, the rocket company Rocket Lab announced that it had secretly launched the Humanity Star, a satellite in the shape of a reflective sphere that effectively works as a disco ball and could at times become the brightest object in the night sky.

quote:

Just after Rocket Lab announced the surprise launch of the satellite, many astronomers tweeted their annoyance that the New Zealand-based company would build and launch this bright object.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

"The Humanity Star is intended to serve as a focal point for humanity as every single person on Earth will have the opportunity to see and experience it,"

the collective nightmare of a night sky with no perceptible objects is finally over

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Elon Musk's next publicity stunt; A SpaceX test-flight 'accident' ramming the drat thing out of the sky nine months early.

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
The humanity star isn’t up there for long and only shines brightly briefly like iridium satellites. That article is dumb as heck

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am extremely outraged that things go into space. We don't have enough things to begin with, and we just launch them willy-nilly in every direction. Why not pull things from space to Earth? Wouldn't it be better to have more things here?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paladinus posted:

I am extremely outraged that things go into space. We don't have enough things to begin with, and we just launch them willy-nilly in every direction. Why not pull things from space to Earth? Wouldn't it be better to have more things here?

Pull one of those asteroids loaded with resources

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Randaconda posted:

Pull one of those asteroids loaded with resources

Yeah, but make sure you tell people when you do it.

You don't wanna miss a thing.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

'Rape' meant 'abduction' in that context

Apparently Bernini was only 23 years old when he carved it, that talented fucker

Yeah that's probably about what I would have carved at age 23.

Except, you know, not as good.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pffft, fuckin astronomers. They won't be happy until the sun burns out and they can give weird number names to all the tiny little dots in the universe. The jerks.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Clitch posted:

Hestia/Vesta was pretty chill.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
😁

Only registered members can see post attachments!

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Before anyone asks, they are novelty hulk hands.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

uhhh they look more like big pastries

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Captain America was the first movie he was in that I actually think of him walking away with a banana sticking out of his butt while I watching it.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Peanut Butler posted:

uhhh they look more like big pastries

I'm thinking Doritos

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016
Wrong crustaceans, but I got you covered.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

You don't wanna miss a thing.

OK, OK, I'll give you that one :golfclap:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Phlegmish posted:

Do you mean like Ringworld, except without all the beastiality

Sounds more like Rama, technically.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I didn't realize it was depicting rape, just thought the detail was funny good

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

KoRMaK posted:

Greek and Roman mythology are about 100% rape.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

KoRMaK posted:

The detail is incredible, yes. This is a fabulous piece of statuary, where the look of soft flesh is reproduced in hard stone. It speaks of great skill and artistry. It's amazing.

It's also god-on-god rape. Oh, classic mythology.

vdarknight
Jul 4, 2007

Fun fact (with no evidence whatsoever) time!

Medusa, the monster, came about because she was raped by Poseidon, so Athena thought the appropriate action was to to turn the most beautiful woman in the world into said monster. But the brave, heroic Perseus crept up on her whilst she was asleep and took off her head. That'll learn her.

If you are so beautiful that Gods cannot help but rape you, you should become utterly horrifying (petrifying, maybe) and then decapitated. I'm not sure why this isn't taught in self-defence classes.

Tho' as a benefit, your spilled blood will become a flying horse and a giant - always useful.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Don't forget Stheno and Euryale. If you're the sister of the most beautiful woman in the world who is being punished for being raped by Poseidon, then you're also getting turned into a horrible monster, but you're immortal and your sister isn't.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Arachnea was so good at weaving that she said she could beat the Gods themselves. Athena was like "nuh-uh" and she was like "uh uh" so they had a weaving duel, and she did beat the Goddess so she was like "Well if you're so good at weaving then how about you weave for the rest of your life?" :smug: and turned her into a spider.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RoboRodent posted:

Don't forget Stheno and Euryale. If you're the sister of the most beautiful woman in the world who is being punished for being raped by Poseidon, then you're also getting turned into a horrible monster, but you're immortal and your sister isn't.

Samuringa posted:

Arachnea was so good at weaving that she said she could beat the Gods themselves. Athena was like "nuh-uh" and she was like "uh uh" so they had a weaving duel, and she did beat the Goddess so she was like "Well if you're so good at weaving then how about you weave for the rest of your life?" :smug: and turned her into a spider.

Looks like being completely mediocre is the way to go. Everything's coming up Milhouse.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

There just aren't enough weaving duels any more. :(

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Stoatbringer posted:

There just aren't enough weaving duels any more. :(

Maybe but we do have Hugo Weaving duels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT3GnJStVEw

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Samuringa posted:

The good thing about Greco-Roman religion is that it didn't really suffer from the "problem of evil."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

This is blowing my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Samuringa posted:

Didn't she weave a tapestry making GBS threads on the gods for all their, you know, poo poo like this or Zeus raping people and the like?

That was also undeniably better than Athena's thing, of course.