Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
plus the lead dev is no prizewinner either, so personally i'd rather not talk up the game since it might influence others to purchase it, but hey i'm weird that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Stymie posted:

the company is still profiting off of the dev's work, which sends a pretty strong message

personally, i'd hope that they'd at least donate the dev's previous salary to the splc or a transgender equality charity or the like, but that's just me

it’s almost as if there is no ethical consumption under capitalism 🤔🤭

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah, i suppose i'm a naive idealist for not wanting to directly and immediately support alt-righters (and their defenders) financially, but that's just one of my quirks

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

cinci zoo sniper posted:

was immediately fired :shrug:

oh, that explains the wonderful negative reviews about things like liberals forcing them to not put guns in the game

i assume feb 6 is when the firing happened

duz fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 18, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

duz posted:

oh, that explains the wonderful negative reviews about things like liberals forcing them to not put guns in the game

yeah, gamerbros went bombing the reviews as soon as the dev was fired

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
I bought subnautica a long time ago when humble bundle did the big aclu bundle with it in it among like 40 games. I had all my purchase go to the aclu nothing to the devs. am I good?

also when I bought it I couldn't get it to run on my scrub tier rig. maybe it would work now

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
subnautica owns

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i mean, sure the aclu defends nazis which isn't great and, once again, i feel a little icky about posting positively about a game made by and benefiting alt-righters but i'll admit i'm a little kooky that way

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
yeah this aclu bundle thing came out during a pretty high point for them (initial travel ban?) but then a few weeks later they defended Nazis and it was, ugh

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

it’s almost as if there is no ethical consumption under capitalism 🤔🤭

also another odd thing about me is that i don't interpret this quote to mean "it's impossible to consume ethically so why bother trying to?" as opposed to "curbing consumption is extremely important but it shouldn't be the sum total of your praxis"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

yeah thalassophobia is fear of depths specifically i think, it could be ronald mcdonald down there for all i know

Ronald McDonald is real, and he is strong, and he is my friend.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Stymie posted:

plus the lead dev is no prizewinner either, so personally i'd rather not talk up the game since it might influence others to purchase it, but hey i'm weird that way

he ruined natural selection 2

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
stop engaging with stymie, idiots

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Glans Dillzig posted:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I like my haircuts as impersonal and lacking human interaction as possible

Unironically same.

:shrug:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
If I could focus with even a tenth of the intensity that my 4 year old expends on watching Bruder promotional videos I wouldn't have been such a lovely student in high school and college.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 18, 2018

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Stymie posted:

also another odd thing about me is that i don't interpret this quote to mean "it's impossible to consume ethically so why bother trying to?" as opposed to "curbing consumption is extremely important but it shouldn't be the sum total of your praxis"

imo, this is a good stymie post.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Glans Dillzig posted:

never

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cls: cant decide if i want to renegotiate a raise after some of the closer major projects is over, or now (no major projects under my belt). the smart thing feels to wait, but i have no idea tf im doing (the corporate kung-fu i mean), and this job also is startup mode 24/7 fire so say now i have no idea if the project ive been working on so far will actually not get canned

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
https://github.com/qdot/deldo

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

org-mode, heh

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
giving emacs pinky all new meaning

the video is good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1sXuHnf_lo

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Stymie posted:

i mean, sure the aclu defends nazis which isn't great and, once again, i feel a little icky about posting positively about a game made by and benefiting alt-righters but i'll admit i'm a little kooky that way

they fired the guy who was a girl on twitter that posted all that garbage poo poo once it came to light

so i have no beef continuing to play the game

Apr 7, 2003

Video games are bad.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/dril/status/965363860529131520

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
check out this thread

https://twitter.com/JanelleCShane/status/964937154416619520

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

hiked up angels landing in zion national park today everyone should go it is pretty and very easy to die if you fall.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

kwinklesOFFICIAL posted:

hiked up angels landing in zion national park today everyone should go it is pretty and very easy to die if you fall.

its good. zion was always my favorite park and used to go all the time. you should do the subway and narrows (might be inaccessible this time of year iirc). my gf hates camping though so i haven't been in a long time.

also do a day-drive out to bryce canyon. imo its not worth more than half-day dicking around but still cool to see once

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
you mean Angkakuwassawits?

don’t use colonial names for places, especially Mormon colonial names

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Xaris posted:

its good. zion was always my favorite park and used to go all the time. you should do the subway and narrows (might be inaccessible this time of year iirc). my gf hates camping though so i haven't been in a long time.

also do a day-drive out to bryce canyon. imo its not worth more than half-day dicking around but still cool to see once

the narrows are open right now but the temp is dropping to a high of 40 tomorrow with snow and i am not sure we are equipped to wade up a river of snowmelt while it actually snows on us. depends on what gear we can rent. we were planning to head out tomorrow but we may stick around and do the narrows if we can stand the cold.

either way, yeah it is an amazing national park and we will definitely be back again sometime and anything we dont get in this time then we’ll do it next time.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i went beer shopping and the goddamn IPAs here are 4% ABV

MORMONS

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I remember the level was really nice in FNV?

I wonder why I always play good-guy in FNV but bad-guy in Skyrim.

:shrug:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Power's out here for some reason. Wind I guess. Nice and dark and quiet.

Also I can still post! Can't get rid of me that easily

Apr 7, 2003

Heat Signature is a really good game and y'all should play it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
I'll direct you to your previous post

Apr 7, 2003

Direct your face to my balls, bitch.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sniep posted:

they fired the guy who was a girl on twitter that posted all that garbage poo poo once it came to light

so i have no beef continuing to play the game

again, the company is still benefiting from that dev's efforts and i'm strange in that i don't want to promote a company that profits from an alt-righter's efforts

just firing the dev is a minimum expected behavior, it doesn't actually put things right, at least as far as i think, weird though i am

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ok that fake self effacing is getting old, we get it, UWE sucks

that said the power just blinked out and cost me 3 hours of obsessed progress because i forgot a game doesn't have autosave in tyool so I'm not finishing subnautica any time soon if ever

so i guess uwe really does suck after all

*kramers out of thread*

Apr 7, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

ok that fake self effacing is getting old, we get it, UWE sucks

that said the power just blinked out and cost me 3 hours of obsessed progress because i forgot a game doesn't have autosave in tyool so I'm not finishing subnautica any time soon if ever

so i guess uwe really does suck after all

*kramers out of thread*

Go outside and meet people instead of playing video games, bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Go outside and meet people instead of playing video games, bitch.

nice burg