Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
All of the AW melee is about the same in effectiveness. Though the giant hulk mittens and the Centaur are crit builds so they shine more. Only a couple of the guns worth a potato. The Imperator (unless you can get the prisma version), Grattler, Fluctus and Cyngas. On paper the Cyngas has the highest DPS, but the magazine is so small. The sniper one is so niche it's pointless. The Phaedra, touted as AW's Soma, is garbage. The damage is no where near Soma's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
I'll just go ahead mention that the 275m punchthrough on the Fluctus is amazing, and besides literally being able to shoot through walls, it makes some of the Uranus spy missions a lot easier. Since obviously you'll want to spend lots of time on that planet.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
the only potatoes going near my AW are Itzal and Imperator Vandal. If I get a huge surplus (not likely) maybe the sword just for fun. The good news is you don't need to potato anything AW to be able to do any and all of the starmap content.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
I find the problem with AW is the lack of a fun mission design. It requires a huge map so you could zip fast and shoot things like a space sim. Most of the current mission design is around sitting at a spot and shooting at things. I think the tech for PoE could benefit a bigger AW dogfight gallery. Like, I want to bring down full blown Grineer Galleons, not just manned skiffs.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

It could very much use AW 2.0, yes. Big setpieces like that are where it shines, but there aren't enough and the mission modes are not so great. Anything on the corpus tileset is basically "hey guys remember the Death Star run in Return of the Jedi?" and that's only cool so many times.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

wid posted:

I find the problem with AW is the lack of a fun mission design. It requires a huge map so you could zip fast and shoot things like a space sim. Most of the current mission design is around sitting at a spot and shooting at things. I think the tech for PoE could benefit a bigger AW dogfight gallery. Like, I want to bring down full blown Grineer Galleons, not just manned skiffs.

In contrast, I think that they should make AW significantly more arcady. Let me fly around like I'm a dumb anime mech in Zone of the Enders instead of a spaceship in Freespace trying to get through a level of Descent.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 18, 2018

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

I'm baffled that the devs seem to think the dual decurions aren't in dire need of a rework considering they can barely hit anything

Really the balance in archwing overall is atrocious, but maybe we'll get a miracle archwing balance pass in with the beam weapons and melee weapons pass

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

YellerBill posted:

I'm baffled that the devs seem to think the dual decurions aren't in dire need of a rework considering they can barely hit anything

Really the balance in archwing overall is atrocious, but maybe we'll get a miracle archwing balance pass in with the beam weapons and melee weapons pass

Yeah, it takes maybe ten seconds - thirty on the absolute outside - to try an AW mission with the dual decurions versus any other weapon and realize how awful they are. The rest are at least mediocre to useful to good, these are just hideous. Slow fire rate, low damage, high recoil, absolutely tiny magazine size. They have no redeeming features.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Psion posted:

Yeah, it takes maybe ten seconds - thirty on the absolute outside - to try an AW mission with the dual decurions versus any other weapon and realize how awful they are. The rest are at least mediocre to useful to good, these are just hideous. Slow fire rate, low damage, absolutely tiny magazine size. They have no redeeming features.

They have the redeeming feature of being really cool, which is why it’s a shame they’re so bad.

They could give them three times the base ammo pool and they’d be on the weak side still.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Really, no weapon in archwing has any business having significant recoil as long as the bulk of gun combat in archwing is shooting at tiny targets 600m away

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol at the sniper rifle having a pathetic max range and being non-hitscan.

Blakkout
Aug 24, 2006

No thought was put into this.
Is the goon PS4 clan called Definitely the Corpus?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

part of the issue with archwing is that you're started out with super goddamn boring weapons that aren't even stellar and the mods you might want are spread all over the loving place in a way that's somehow way less intuitive than all of the already unintuitive bullshit in the game. also getting more interesting stuff to use is gated off by a couple layers of annoying bullshit.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

edit: s'all good, nm

Plastic Pal fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Feb 18, 2018

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Blakkout posted:

I mean, it's definitely not the corpus.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Blakkout posted:

I think there are multiple but iirc that's one of them.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Re: defense chat earlier. Quick thinking is the best defensive mod imo.

Anyhow, somebody sell me an astilla riven please! IGN sinaddr

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Where is a good place to farm Tellurium? I need it to build my Itzal.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Levantine posted:

any uranus maps with sharkwing sections, without actually going into the water. you will also get more than you ever need if you decide to suck all the mastery from aw stuff.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Levantine posted:

Ophelia, Uranus seems good. You also get the chance at Condition Overload and heaps of Polymer.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's really amazing what a difference void strike and a good team make. Managed two full dolon kills with time to spare in one night earlier today :stare:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Johnny Joestar posted:

part of the issue with archwing is that you're started out with super goddamn boring weapons that aren't even stellar and the mods you might want are spread all over the loving place in a way that's somehow way less intuitive than all of the already unintuitive bullshit in the game. also getting more interesting stuff to use is gated off by a couple layers of annoying bullshit.

Warframe has a real problem with grinding to get things that you need to be able to get other things, like having to grind on the plains to get the archwing launcher so you can have fun on the plains. And then it takes oxium, because of course it does.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Plastic Pal posted:

Hey goons, who do I talk to to get my tiny ghost clan into the alliance?

Also, would anyone happen to have a Carrier Prime Cerebrum they'd be willing to sell at a price that doesn't make me want to die?

You could always keep spamming WTBs with no price in trade chat and hope someone looted one and doesn't know its value. Got one for 16p this morning from a random pubbie.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Menstrual Show posted:

Re: defense chat earlier. Quick thinking is the best defensive mod imo.

Anyhow, somebody sell me an astilla riven please! IGN sinaddr

I have an astilla riven with your name on it, catch me the next time you're on.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
So when I put an Exodia Contagion Arcane on a Zaw staff and use Wukong's Iron Vault augment I can hit level 50 corrupted butchers for a few thousand damage.

When I use it with a covert lethality dagger zaw I can crit a level 145 corrupted bombard for 100k+ damage.

This seems like a bug, but it's a bug in my favor so I really don't mind.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Please god jeebus, I don't want to farm Judgement points.

This is sooooo boring.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
I love the Astilla, but the Rivens are really expensive sadly. Trying the figure out the value of Rivens in general is a pain, like I got linked to some resources to help, but there are so many variables.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Inzombiac posted:

Please god jeebus, I don't want to farm Judgement points.

This is sooooo boring.

Got a pub group going. Each match only took a couple minutes. This isn't as bad as I thought

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

wiegieman posted:

Warframe has a real problem with grinding to get things that you need to be able to get other things, like having to grind on the plains to get the archwing launcher so you can have fun on the plains. And then it takes oxium, because of course it does.

The silly thing is that the 'costs' become trivial once you've been in POE for awhile. But they hit people who are just starting to explore that content.

I was dismayed at the special grinding runs I needed to do to get AW launchers and the 1st set of turn-ins for Cetus rep.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

gaj70 posted:

The silly thing is that the 'costs' become trivial once you've been in POE for awhile. But they hit people who are just starting to explore that content.

I was dismayed at the special grinding runs I needed to do to get AW launchers and the 1st set of turn-ins for Cetus rep.

Yeah, I've mentioned this before but POE is in a real bad place for a new player. I started this game during the ghoul event so I got a quartakk and stubba BP because hey, it's earth, my starting planet. How was I supposed to know POE is endgame when it's like two spaces away from where you start the starmap? And then trying to grind the rep to grind the tools to grind the fishing/mining to grind the resources to build the things? Awful!

if POE were more clearly gated off as "new players we know you started on Earth but please ignore me for a while" it'd help a lot. And if they did a better job easing you into the plains, or just giving you better mobility tools (the hijackable flyers are presumably a step in the right direction except that I never seem to be able to steal them?) ...that'd be really nice.

I hope they learned something from this for Plains 2: Venus or whatever because if they just take POE and double the grind, ughhhhhhhh

ps speaking of plains mobility buff titania archwing movespeed globally, de

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

They didn't gate off PoE from new players because they wanted new players to explore it. The Plains were part of what I'd guess is Warframe's biggest ever marketing push, and they specifically set it on Earth so the people just joining could access it almost immediately after starting. This was probably not a great idea, agreed, but it's by design.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
The easiest way to level anything archwing is to get someone else to itzal black hole spam mobdefs with you.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is there a Warframe version of powerleveling? I have a fresh Rhino, a big hammer, a Shotgun, and a hand cannon all fresh and I’d love to level them up without just running through the first couple planets again.

On PS4

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Bust Rodd posted:

Is there a Warframe version of powerleveling? I have a fresh Rhino, a big hammer, a Shotgun, and a hand cannon all fresh and I’d love to level them up without just running through the first couple planets again.

On PS4

Get some goon to take you on a Hydron run, that's the equivalent of powerleveling. Corrosive Projection is ~moderately important~ for it but I'm sure there are dozens of goons who can offer you one on the PS4 just like there are on the pc.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Count Uvula posted:

Corrosive Projection is ~moderately important~

https://i.imgur.com/wM0fmNN.gifv

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Count Uvula posted:

Corrosive Projection is ~moderately important~

Please do not tell new players lies.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I have an astilla riven with your name on it, catch me the next time you're on.

Got one this morning - thanks though!

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

Please do not tell new players lies.

It's so strange they call it an aura slot instead of the corrosive projection slot. Someone should talk to the UI guy

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

WebDO posted:

It's so strange they call it an aura slot instead of the corrosive projection slot. Someone should talk to the UI guy

Some frames have the wrong polarity too. I mean, CorPro and EnergySiphon are both - (Naramon?) what else do you want? Loot Radar? Pfft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Tylana posted:

Some frames have the wrong polarity too. I mean, CorPro and EnergySiphon are both - (Naramon?) what else do you want? Loot Radar? Pfft.

It's weird that frames come with negative forma sometimes.