Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

What would happen if you put a snowball into liquid nitrogen? Would it make The Ultimate Snowball?

It's an exponential effect. You'd get ice cubed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Noblesse Obliged posted:

It's an exponential effect. You'd get ice cubed

Kids call it cool-catting. You put a snowball in liquid nitrogen, then you break it down to a powder and sniff it. Gives you deadly brain freezes, but the kids are all over it now.

Sorry, that was Ice-T'ing.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Screaming Idiot posted:

Of Ultimate Destiny!

the champion stood, his shirt got wetter, the snowball melted into his favorite sweater

:golfclap:
This should be getting noticed.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Triticum Guzzler posted:

today the best post of all time is

No, it’s still Dragula.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

sweeperbravo posted:

I love forgetting this happened and then seeing it again.

I've actually bookmarked the link to that thread, every now and then I click it and laugh.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

No, it’s still Dragula.

poo poo, if you have it handy, could you re-post it? Dragula came on the radio just the other day while I was at work and I kept giggling to myself, thinking about that.

"What's so funny, JD?"
"Oh, it's... This song, there's a joke, it's... Never mind."

This totally unfunny quote happens all the goddamn time thanks to y'all. :argh:

Edit: on the upside, I work in a restaurant kitchen where bawdy humor is encouraged, and thanks to Trig Discipline, I am killing it with "your mom" jokes. Thanks Trig! :)

JacquelineDempsey has a new favorite as of 11:38 on Feb 18, 2018

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

JacquelineDempsey posted:

poo poo, if you have it handy, could you re-post it? Dragula came on the radio just the other day while I was at work and I kept giggling to myself, thinking about that.

This one?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Edit: on the upside, I work in a restaurant kitchen where bawdy humor is encouraged, and thanks to Trig Discipline, I am killing it with "your mom" jokes. Thanks Trig! :)

This is why I do it; for the next generation.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I knew you were a rereg, just a shame it had to be Aatrek

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
I said for, not with.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Trig Discipline posted:

This is why I do it; for the next generation.
I don't, I use a condom when loving your mom

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Machai posted:

I don't, I use a condom when loving your mom

Arguably that is doing it for the next generation, I doubt they want you procreating

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Arguably that is doing it for the next generation, I doubt they want you procreating

Well then they can get the gently caress off my lawn

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

"What's so funny, JD?"
"Oh, it's... This song, there's a joke, it's... Never mind."

This totally unfunny quote happens all the goddamn time thanks to y'all. :argh:

"Dragula" is hilarious no matter what. Also kind of banging.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Talking 'bout Billy Mitchell cheating at vidya games in the schad thread:

vdarknight posted:

You know what?
gently caress him.
I (back in the speccy days*) was regularly in the top 100 of beating games, with proof. It was important, in a very, very small way. I worked like gently caress to beat them and was proud that I had done so on my own, using skill, practice and no bloody sense at all.
But I did it. If some prick swanned up and claimed to have beaten said game, s/he would have known that we would have demanded evidence - and if you'd faked it provably, we'd have eaten your heart.
He is loving with nerds - we are obsessive, mental and really mean in our world. It is important (not really) enough that we pay attention to what is going on.
This smart-arse thinks he can out-think us 'cos of a lovely haircut, a trimmed beard and loving awful ties. You wanna patronise us? Well, bring it. oval office.
The schadenfreude? I'm pissed off that a dickhead has annoyed me through cheating. He's proved he's a scumbag and I'm getting actually annoyed that he thought we wouldn't notice. Pathetic.

(*speccy - the best computer, despite having no sprites, one channel sound and colour clash. But the best games)

wayfinder posted:

I can tell you're still on the spectrum

:allears:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Keru posted:

Talking 'bout Billy Mitchell cheating at vidya games in the schad thread:

:allears:

What's funnier is that he's provably fooled them for over twenty years. :shrug:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What's funnier is that he's provably fooled them for over twenty years. :shrug:

Has he? I thought that Mitchell started out being legit good and only started faking it when players came along that he couldn't beat.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Jedit posted:

Has he? I thought that Mitchell started out being legit good and only started faking it when players came along that he couldn't beat.

I might be thinking about someone else.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Possibly Todd Rogers? Another big early pro gamer type who got caught with a bunch of blatantly impossible world records like a month ago.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Mitchell looks like a big ol' cheater pretty much from second 1 in King of Kong and that movie is pretty old as this point.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Improbable Lobster posted:

Mitchell looks like a big ol' cheater pretty much from second 1 in King of Kong and that movie is pretty old as this point.

Yeah, so weren't his old records the ones that have been proven to be cheating?

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, so weren't his old records the ones that have been proven to be cheating?

The three in the movie specifically were

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

fool_of_sound posted:

The three in the movie specifically were

Okay, so going over this story, I guess people were fooled for closer to a decade than two decades.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

That's it, thank you! :tipshat:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Improbable Lobster posted:

King of Kong is a very entertaining movie but its narrative is about as real as reality television.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Haven't seen King of Kong, but I watched man vs snake and that one had a guy with an arcade cabinet that was shorted out to play slightly faster and has his world record thrown out too.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

fool_of_sound posted:

Possibly Todd Rogers? Another big early pro gamer type who got caught with a bunch of blatantly impossible world records like a month ago.

Just wanna say how obvious Todd Rogers was at cheating

There's a game where his record was 1,110,500 on Twin Galaxies' website

The second place record was 142

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

rodbeard posted:

man vs snake

please don't post the title of my jo manual

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Syd Midnight posted:

I am surprised in a different way because I have this in my goons.txt:

its a fyad quote I saw in some previous SA Quotes thread, I've dug it up and applied it to "guess the thread" for a laff a few dozen times now and it has never been wrong. I mean this time it was a 'whoops wrong thread' so it shouldnt have worked but somehow it still did, Its uncanny

its like when a scientist thinks they found a way to disprove a Einsteins theory but end up discovering some new weird thing that just proves it even more because the theory was smarter than the people using it

I did not include "a debate on which style of gay sex video game characters would have" as it was not yet 2018 when i made that post, but a hard-left or hard-right political discussion seems about right.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

today the best post of all time is

lol

for a little extra context, there's some guy who made a lot of posts in the australia megathread about going to the emergency room after getting a large object stuck in his rear end

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

rodbeard posted:

Haven't seen King of Kong, but I watched man vs snake and that one had a guy with an arcade cabinet that was shorted out to play slightly faster and has his world record thrown out too.

I saw that one, it was fairly interesting. Crazy how the records are at like 28+ straight hours of playing some dumb arcade game from the 80s. I casually speed run donkey Kong Country 2, which is under 2 hours to get all of the bonuses etc, and that I can only play a handful of times before I put it down for the day/week/month. That game has got a bunch of different levels with scenery and music and varying stuff to do. I couldn't imagine watching the same boring screen,doing the exact same thing over and over again for more than a day straight.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

little munchkin posted:

for a little extra context, there's some guy who made a lot of posts in the australia megathread about going to the emergency room after getting a large object stuck in his rear end
specifically, that he had shoved something so far up there that it could not be removed by going up his rear end, and they had to perform surgery in order to get it

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

They found it in his healthy, capacious sigmoid

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Rectum?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

drat near killed um

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

theflyingorc posted:

specifically, that he had shoved something so far up there that it could not be removed by going up his rear end, and they had to perform surgery in order to get it

Is this the same guy who likes sticking things up his urethra?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

His name is Toys for rear end Bum, aptly enough.

But yeah they had to go through the front of his stomach to get the thing out lmao.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Coq au Nandos posted:

Is this the same guy who likes sticking things up his urethra?

That doesnt sound good.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Hihohe posted:

That doesnt sound good.

He sounds fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Somfin posted: