Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Villain: Well, Mister Bibs, thank you for accepting my dinner invitation. I expect you'll find the food.... to die for!

*villain removes cover from plate of hotdogs*

Bibs, uncontrollably shoving hotdogs into his mouth: You fie-gglhllgl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Syd Midnight posted:

You'd think so, but that's why the first paragraph is no less funny than the others:
the greatest sagas of the SA forums: "it was not Monday. Anywhere."

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

GWBBQ posted:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

GWBBQ posted:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

GWBBQ posted:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Listen, bro. Bro. Okay, listen. Okay? Listen. It's called ketosis. You eat a lot of hot dogs, and like, your body changes. Because of the hot dogs. Okay?

I have multiple coworkers on the keto diet. One has lost like 50 pounds, and is keeping it off, so far. Another, who is like 5’8” and 340 pounds, is still 340 pounds. At work, he’s sticking to the diet. I don’t see him cheat (well, didn’t see him cheat - I think he’s slipping, lately), but he seems to be spinning his wheels. Then, I talk to him about the diet, and the picture clarifies. He doesn’t count calories, he doesn’t weigh himself, he will argue endlessly about how one calorie of fat requires less effort to burn than one calorie of carbohydrate, because of how ~his body~ processes it, he thinks the body can absorb infinite amounts of vitamin C as long as you are [doing some obscure diet thing], and so on. If he would just cut the bullshit and apply his diet discipline to reducing caloric intake, rather than chasing fads (he also fasts, and somehow loses no weight), he’d probably be shedding pounds.

Not technically a SomethingAwful saga.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Inescapable Duck posted:

The old fitness forum (I think before they got merged into YLLS, though maybe also after) was similarly a disaster area of fad diets
Hey guys where's the best place to buy bulk eggs and lard? Need to be ready for my new diet.

Update: uh, my doctor has me on every cholesterol reducing drug known to man (and some known to vets), is this a normal adjustment period thing?

Uodate2: I have become that dude in the japanese horror manga that squeezes tubes of raw oils from his face (and also dick).

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
fyads getting probated for being fyads when they were telling the 21yo who was put on statins to start eating better was the height of forum fad comedy

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Keru posted:

Yeah, I really needed the mental image of bond strapped to a table as a giant hotdog is pushed out of a cannon at him.

So, you like hot dogs? Have ALL THE HOT DOGS IN THE WORLD!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
But enough about Doobie.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

quite stretched out posted:

fyads getting probated for being fyads when they were telling the 21yo who was put on statins to start eating better was the height of forum fad comedy

It's amazing how the fyad boys are the only consistently sane people in these echo chambers and get probies for it due to them being echo chambers

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
I mean, afaik dril used to be a fyad guy and he makes mad bank by just posting absurd nonsense on twitter all day so maybe they've been on to something we haven't this whole time.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's amazing how the fyad boys are the only consistently sane people in these echo chambers and get probies for it due to them being echo chambers

One of the funniest examples was back in the day when the PYF Boobs and PYF Butts threads existed, fyads started spamming the threads with pictures of women with the heads photoshopped off or literally nothing but the aforementioned body parts.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Let's not forget the pet island mod who killed her parrot through mistreatment and banned anyone who criticized her for it

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

Let's not forget the pet island mod who killed her parrot through mistreatment and banned anyone who criticized her for it

She put it's cage in front of a heater or air conditioner right?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
killed it with AC hadoukens

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I thought it was a chicken, not a parrot.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Choco1980 posted:

You're thinking of Megatron

AugustusLove
Mar 27, 2010
Pop Culture Chicken

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I Said No posted:

I mean, afaik dril used to be a fyad guy and he makes mad bank by just posting absurd nonsense on twitter all day so maybe they've been on to something we haven't this whole time.

wait how do you get money from posting jokes on twitter

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
dril has a patreon and has gotten a lot of paid work besides that

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Choco1980 posted:

That was a different pet island incident. Someone punched a child because he picked up her Chicken, Megatron, and the mod probated anyone who said that was wrong

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Krankenstyle posted:

wait how do you get money from posting jokes on twitter

make a card game like da share zone

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That was a different pet island incident. Someone punched a child because he picked up her Chicken, Megatron, and the mod probated anyone who said that was wrong

HAhahaha. What?!

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

HAhahaha. What?!
Don't be mean to my chicken named Megatron you 11 yr old piece of poo poo

Act I: Goons rooster fucks a chicken named Megatron so much it tears a hole in its wing. Goon patches up hole, tells their 11 y.o. niece to hold Megatron. Niece sets the chicken down. Rooster runs over and fucks it some more, tearing the scab off. Goon is furious at niece.

Act II: Twisty goes into chicken thread with a question about chickens, gets probed for being a fyad.

Act III: fyad thread annihilates the chicken thread

quote:

in the case of ten inch rape hole versus megatrons leg, the defendant will be tried as an adult, due to how 11 years old is obviously old enough to know about a) the ground b) chickens raping c) sex wound d) responsibility e) samsung . sentenced to permanent not having to hang around screeching white bug birds in poo poo hole backyard with autistic single aunt *bangs two smart phones together*

quote:

its important to learn early in life that if you put something down on the ground an animal will gently caress it to death immediately

quote:

well fellow cluck heads i finally got to find out which is stronger the bonds of family or the bond between adventuretime the roosters chicken penis and megatrons ravaged cloaca and suffice it to say McKynzie the neice has been weighed in the balance and found wanting

quote:

i went to extreme lengths and troubles so that we could play angry birds together in the back yard eithout the interference of police or filipino gamblers, and you repay me with your complicity in the vile sex rape of the leader of the motherfuckeing decepticons? as far as i'm concerned, we are no longer family.
every post is gold

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Can't get over "Megatron".

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

DoctorWhat posted:

dril has a patreon and has gotten a lot of paid work besides that

Oh right, I read it as if the twittering itself was paid

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
I always liked it when GBS would direct some new/inexperienced poster to FYAD hoping they'd get torn apart, but FYAD would always be wise to it and would just chill with the intended victim.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

I Said No posted:

Weird Twitter is almost entirely former FYAD posters, just like how the Dirtbag Left are all LF posters and Let's Play literally started here.

Driving away or outright banning funny and talented groups of people while failing to capitalize on them while they're here is the one thing this site does better than anyone else.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

it's probably because, usually, we end up driving away a group that mutates eventually into /pol/

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
We're the leftover ones that would shriek and gibber unironically @dril to stop buying so many candles and go to the business and finances subforum and make a real drat budget then stop by DIY to learn how to make candles out of your own earwax

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

So exactly what happened with Goon Camp, and is there some concise explanation of it? It's the one story I only ever see in smiley form and nobody really talks about what went down beyond posting :gooncamp:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I only know a bit, but the avatar came from two goons having loud anal sex in their tent.

edit:
Also this:

edit edit:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1858814&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3

Have fun!

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 21:18 on Feb 19, 2018

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

chitoryu12 posted:

So exactly what happened with Goon Camp
Get a bunch of socially awkward nerds around and socially awkward poo poo happens.

It's just sad that there was never a Goon Cruise, because that would be an absolute clusterfuck.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

Get a bunch of socially awkward nerds around and socially awkward poo poo happens.

It's just sad that there was never a Goon Cruise, because that would be an absolute clusterfuck.

Most of us are old enough now to actually enjoy a goon cruise.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

His post was pretty good, the only thing it left out is that tcc does not actually reduce harm

it'd be nice if TCC did those things then

is it really that unfair to say that the existence of the joose saga (for example) is an incredibly goddamn strong deterrent to ever trying phenazepam

like, that's the sort of thing i'm referring to; forums like TCC basically mean that when people do decide to do really dumb poo poo with drugs or try esoteric drugs with lovely effects, the consequences get broadcast to the world instead of only one idiot learning from it. i wouldn't call it the absolute most important angle of the subject, but it's not like it's totally useless.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

FilthyImp posted:

This actually made me wish for some sort of goon-based Ernest P Worell situation. Goon Camp, Goon Jail, Goons Save Christmas, Goons Scared Stupid.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Guy Mann posted:

Weird Twitter is almost entirely former FYAD posters, just like how the Dirtbag Left are all LF posters and Let's Play literally started here.

Driving away or outright banning funny and talented groups of people while failing to capitalize on them while they're here is the one thing this site does better than anyone else.

Let's Play is absolutely terrible though. The rest is alright.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Someone could write a very interesting book about SA and how many things on the internet and the real world it's responsible for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Zero One posted:

Someone could write a very interesting book about SA and how many things on the internet and the real world it's responsible for.

It's like a startup incubator without the residuals.