Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I went looking for some nice cable ties/earbud cord wraps and found a handful:

2X Leather Cable Cord Winder Headphone Earphone Earbud Cable Tie Cord Wrap Winder Organizer Holder

3pcs/lot Multifunction Magnet Earphone Cord Winder Cable Holder Organizer Clips Multi-color Cute Magnet Earphone Winder Cable

1Pcs Earphone Wire USB Cable Cord Winder Organizer Wire Cable Holder

2pcs Cute Cartoon Earphone Winder Cable Cord Organizer Holder Phone Cable Holder

I've just added them to my wish list for now; I won't order anything until after the holiday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

mobby_6kl posted:

Most packages don't fit into the mailboxes, the ones here have rather thin slots to throw in the mail one way so you can't take anything out (easily) by sticking your hand inside. So I usually end up having to go to the post office to pick up everything bigger than a bunch of stickers or something like that. Just yesterday they claimed they missed me while I was exceptionally at home at around 10am and I had to go pick a usb wifi adapter the size of a flash drive because it was wrapped in some foam.

Of course, the day after I praise my postie; he does exactly that.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

I use wire twisties, but these are cheap enough and cute..

there a way to get that QR code to appear so I can scan it and add stuff to cart on the phone app? Sometimes I see it, sometimes I don't.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Feb 17, 2018

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
That rotating candle holder that was posted earlier is really adorable, it makes me wish I used tea lights more often. That or that someone would make a version for those huge jar candles.

https://i.imgur.com/pVWkR6g.mp4

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Guy Mann posted:

That rotating candle holder that was posted earlier is really adorable, it makes me wish I used tea lights more often. That or that someone would make a version for those huge jar candles.

It would just take off.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Jerry Cotton posted:

It would just take off.

Hang little incense censers from the blades, have a self-powered scent machine!

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

No link due to phone posting, but I am impressed to report that the born pretty colour changing nail polishes really do change colour with temperature, and quite dramatically - mine goes from pale lavender to dark purple immediately upon touching cold water. Excited to see how it reacts to the outdoors!

... I've probably already given myself fingernail cancer by using this stuff, haven't I?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Guy Mann posted:

https://i.imgur.com/pVWkR6g.mp4
I don't know if it's on aliexpress, but jar candle versions do exist and you can google for them in general. They also make spinning lampshades that work the same way for electric candles or nightlights. I think it's kind of a pre-internet '90s grandma thing so there may not be a huge internet presence.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Anne Whateley posted:

I don't know if it's on aliexpress, but jar candle versions do exist and you can google for them in general. They also make spinning lampshades that work the same way for electric candles or nightlights. I think it's kind of a pre-internet '90s grandma thing so there may not be a huge internet presence.

Next time I feel crafty I'll probably try making a few of my own using snips and whatever's handy, but I'll give them a look. A couple friends and family have already been interested in buying their own for them or their kids, I always assume Pinterest types would already know about these kinds of things but they love them!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Anne Whateley posted:

1790s, more like.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Killingyouguy! posted:

No link due to phone posting, but I am impressed to report that the born pretty colour changing nail polishes really do change colour with temperature, and quite dramatically - mine goes from pale lavender to dark purple immediately upon touching cold water. Excited to see how it reacts to the outdoors!

... I've probably already given myself fingernail cancer by using this stuff, haven't I?

Cool! I ordered some for my roommate's daughter. And also the cat's eye nail gel and magnets for her to draw in it with.

Of course, they won't be sent until after New Year vacation is over.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

tater_salad posted:

Any good recommendations for decent Bluetooth (or not) ear buds (not in ear). Id like a pair to keep at my desk drawer. Since I often forget my 2nd hand apple earbuds at home and I don't want to pay $30 for some wired headphones that will sit in my drawer.

Meizu EP-51

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

simulation sexy rear end cushion push toys muscle boyfriend bikini pillow cushions for sofa boys girls gifts decoration at home

Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/VzEbEZVb

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib

Sagebrush posted:

I took a chance on these bluetooth earphones recently and they turned out to be excellent.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076T3P91H/

I was initially worried about all the usual things to be worried about : will the sound be lovely, will the battery not last, will it always lose connection with my phone, will they be heavy and uncomfortable, etc. But they had good reviews and I decided to risk the $30 -- and they are great. The sound quality is excellent; I'm not an ~audiophile~ but I can play a few instruments and I'm picky about sound and these, while maybe not quite as good as my Grado headphones, meet all my needs for something portable. Batteries last like eight hours of continuous listening or phone usage and they recharge in an hour or less. Very comfortable to wear, and quite light and low-profile. No problems connecting with my phone. The range is about 20-25 feet line of sight and half that if there's a wall in the way, which is normal; if your phone is in your pocket there will be no problems. The single annoying thing is that when you turn them on a scratchy female voice says POWER ON but meh, I'll take that for the $170 or so I saved over the big-name models.

The only problem for you is that they are in-ear earphones, not earbuds, but I guess like, get used to that? The sound from IEMs is better and they're more comfortable too. Way of the future man

you might even be able to find the same model on AE -- look closely at the housings and guess.

e: oh and they have a neat feature where they can snap together magnetically, making a sort of necklace so that they don't get lost when they aren't in your ears. Better solution than any of the totally cord-free earbuds imo

I have these too and agree that they totally exceed expectations given the price. I'm very satisfied. POWER ON. BATTERY LOW.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I'm 100% certain these are a ripoff from Uncle Reco here in Aus and he's definitely much more pricey to buy from

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Is there a India aliexpress?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

I can't decide if this is dumb as gently caress or exactly what I've been needing my entire life.

e: perhaps both

COLOR RANDOM

Bummey fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 18, 2018

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bummey posted:

I can't decide if this is dumb as gently caress or exactly what I've been needing my entire life.

COLOR RANDOM

It's great if you have a stupidly large bathroom mirror, which I don't. So I guess it's back to the the old copy-of-Aamuset-spread-over-the-sink for me.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i just cover my sink with a towel or some paper towels or something

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Bummey posted:

e: perhaps both

COLOR RANDOM

If my wife's reaction to the aftermath of my shaving after a week's worth of growth is anything to go by, then this is an essential piece of kit. Unless you don't mind clogging your drain or cleaning it out by hand I guess.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The problem isn't with the drain as you can cover that with something disposable but a lot of the hair will just get onto your shirt front and the batroom floor. (Or worse, do it without wearing a shirt and you'll have prickly beard cut-offs all mixed up in your chest hair.)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jerry Cotton posted:

The problem isn't with the drain as you can cover that with something disposable but a lot of the hair will just get onto your shirt front and the batroom floor. (Or worse, do it without wearing a shirt and you'll have prickly beard cut-offs all mixed up in your chest hair.)

It's why I usually shower after a shave

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

Beard hair gets everywhere, no matter what you do. Ever get head/beard hair splinters in your skin? That's a thing, and it sucks.

Okay, yeah, I'm convinced. Hope I don't get a hair hiding black one COLOR RANDOM

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Here it's $1.71 and you can pick white or black

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's why I usually shower after a shave

Well one would have to.

Bummey posted:

Ever get head/beard hair splinters in your skin?

That's two questions of a decidedly different nature.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Jerry Cotton posted:

That's two questions of a decidedly different nature.

I hate when I get pieces of splintered head in my skin.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Snowy posted:

I hate when I get pieces of splintered head in my skin.

Homeopathic shaving, you consume a small splinter of head to stop from growing facial hair.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Bummey posted:

Okay, yeah, I'm convinced. Hope I don't get a hair hiding black one COLOR RANDOM

The best part is where certain items won't let you add to a shopping cart until you pick a color ... and the only choice is random.

Woden
May 6, 2006
I went with some waterproof clippers and shave in the shower, it's a life changer and I could never go back.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Shaving in the shower is the only way to go. I also brush my teeth in the shower because why the gently caress not?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Time to search for a waterproof potato masher

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sentient Data posted:

Time to search for a waterproof potato masher

What potato masher do you have that isn't?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Just go full Kramer and get a garbage disposal installed you filthy animal.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

i solve that particular problem by having low testosterone, so i dont grow any facial hair

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Just rip all your hair out with cheap wax strips. The hair sticks to the wax, so no mess in your sink. You aren't some weakling who can't rip their hair out by the root, are you?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5PCS-Cold-Hair-Removal-Wax-Strips-Double-Side-Wax-Paper-for-Face-Legs-Bikini/32781743843.html

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Suplex Liberace posted:

Is there a India aliexpress?

India doesn't produce trash for western companies unless you want to order some tech support staff via e packet?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
http://s.aliexpress.com/jyIvyARB :nws:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

India doesn't produce trash for western companies unless you want to order some tech support staff via e packet?

Indian hair is a big thing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

They produce hell of trash for Western companies, but not Western consumers. And by hell of trash I mean all possible meanings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

evobatman posted:

Indian hair is a big thing.

Yeah. In Hinduism women have to shave off their hair when they're in mourning, but it's usually left to grow long all the rest of the time, so when you buy 100% real human hair from AliExpress it probably came off the head of some Indian girl whose dad just died