Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

!Klams posted:

Apparently Will Pagani confirmed on a stream that the Toro jack will exist, and I assume it's a crucible guard Jack, but it definitely has makers mark which mans it can be played in Mercs. Apparently Rutgers character Jack is a Toro called Rex, so maybe we'll see that? (Please!)

It was our stream, and we asked about Rex. It's a no, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

rydiafan posted:

It was our stream, and we asked about Rex. It's a no, unfortunately.

Oh that's awesome that it was your stream! Grats on the scoops! Also, gently caress

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

There may not be Rex but I'll be damned if I don't take a Toro on Shaw at every opportunity :colbert:

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Captainicus posted:

There may not be Rex but I'll be damned if I don't take a Toro on Shaw at every opportunity :colbert:

Basically this. Plus I'll only own one, so it will sorta be like a character.... :saddowns:

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
New Khador CiD update. Everything keeps getting better.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I just read the Insider on Skarre3 (who I'm really looking forward to), but one thing popped out at me:

Doug Hamilton posted:

...I loved that we had this great-looking female with horns leading a force…

:females:

Is it so hard for nerds to say "women"?

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
oh gently caress I bought all the Grymkin.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Kithkar posted:

oh gently caress I bought all the Grymkin.

"I slipped"

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I'm finishing mine. Now I just need to find a chance to play. :(

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Oh gently caress my hooch hauler arrives tomorrow. :frogsiren:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Fyrbrand posted:

Oh gently caress my hooch hauler arrives tomorrow. :frogsiren:

Does it blend?

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Im slowly buying into convergence. Next plan is 2 tep and some servitors. Really like the idea of clockwork legions too, any good recs as to infantry mix? Was thinking 2 obstructors, 2 recipricators, and max angels. Thinking mom with di, and dad with cl.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Obstructors and Reciprcators are legit. You get the most out of them by taking the solo that replaces them. If they can't kill more than you place back its a net loss for them.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Yeah, they're the free models in cl. I figure it will take some time to aquire, build, and paint 4 foundries and a boat load of infantry.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Its a very fun style. It can be frustrating for an opponent in a more casual setting though.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Lmao advance move on Drakhuns

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

Lmao advance move on Drakhuns

Using it on them doesn't seem good.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Getting your incredibly durable, incredibly hitty counter-chargers all the way up the board to punish the opponent for running turn 1 is actually going to be very good

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Are battle boxes still a good way to jump into this? I just realized I can grab Cygnar and Khador for way cheaper than the mk3 2player starter.

Related - I know Warmahordes uses some weird restic-plastic, right? But I'm not sure I ever got around to painting any - do they react badly to primer like Reaper Bones?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

A) yes they are. They even provide you with handy guides for first timers.
B) Dunno what you are talking about. Save for mold lines, I had no issues.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Bonesium is some funky stuff that sometimes you put primer on it and it never dries.

The PP plastic can be annoying to work with but doesn't have that particular issue. Their actual resin stuff is very nice and although I'm not positive I *think* the plastic has improved since they first brought it out.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
The 2-player starter boxes also come with a unit of infantry which is why they're more expensive.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

darnon posted:

The 2-player starter boxes also come with a unit of infantry which is why they're more expensive.

Yeah, I actually have the old mk2 Hordes one because everblight is cool as hell. I really want to break into WM (and, well, actually play hordes sometime) but can't decide between Cygnar and Khador, figure I'll get the battle boxes for each to try them out and not have a bunch of Convergence or whoever that I don't have interest in.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
At least as far as Cygnar goes Discount Games Inc has the MK3 2-player boxes available per faction.

http://www.discountgamesinc.com/maddox-ironclad-lancer-firefly-stormguard-used-unassembled.html

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

You could also make the correct choice and play the biggest, baddest robbits in the land.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

Getting your incredibly durable, incredibly hitty counter-chargers all the way up the board to punish the opponent for running turn 1 is actually going to be very good

So your plan is to run your counter chargers so far forward that they leave the rest of your really slow army behind?

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

What do people think of this Rask? I haven't seen many Minions lists posted since the new models came out.

https://conflictchamber.com/#cb201b_-0Pcr4cjMjNjWfIbHjV4k7FfybF

Minion Army - 74 / 75 points
[Theme] Will Work for Food

(Rask 1) Rask [+27]
- Blackhide Wrastler [16]
- Ironback Spitter [14]
- Swamp Horror [15]
- Gatorman Soul Slave [0(5)]
Bog Trog Mist Speaker [0(4)]
Dahlia Hallyr [17]
Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers [0(4)]
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress [0(4)]
Rorsh [15]
- Battle Boar [7]
Wrong Eye [17]

The alternative swaps out the Battle Boar for a Snapper on Rask, but upgrades the Spitter to another Wrastler.

You end up with 6 heavies, with 2 Enlivens, 1 Admonition, and with Fury, Rage and Primal, and a number of range extenders/free charges. The 4 solos I think are pretty set, it's the various battlegroup configurations I can't figure out.

I think I'm pairing with Maelok and a Dracodile with 3-4 Posses and void leeches etc. in Blindwater for what it's worth.

I know Rask Superfriends has been around for a while, I've just really gotten back into the game after a little year or so off so not sure how to make it up with all the new options.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Harkano posted:

What do people think of this Rask? I haven't seen many Minions lists posted since the new models came out.

https://conflictchamber.com/#cb201b_-0Pcr4cjMjNjWfIbHjV4k7FfybF

Minion Army - 74 / 75 points
[Theme] Will Work for Food

(Rask 1) Rask [+27]
- Blackhide Wrastler [16]
- Ironback Spitter [14]
- Swamp Horror [15]
- Gatorman Soul Slave [0(5)]
Bog Trog Mist Speaker [0(4)]
Dahlia Hallyr [17]
Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers [0(4)]
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress [0(4)]
Rorsh [15]
- Battle Boar [7]
Wrong Eye [17]

The alternative swaps out the Battle Boar for a Snapper on Rask, but upgrades the Spitter to another Wrastler.

You end up with 6 heavies, with 2 Enlivens, 1 Admonition, and with Fury, Rage and Primal, and a number of range extenders/free charges. The 4 solos I think are pretty set, it's the various battlegroup configurations I can't figure out.

I think I'm pairing with Maelok and a Dracodile with 3-4 Posses and void leeches etc. in Blindwater for what it's worth.

I know Rask Superfriends has been around for a while, I've just really gotten back into the game after a little year or so off so not sure how to make it up with all the new options.

I'm moving out of Minions for the time being as it feels like a brand new army and I just don't have the time to relearn it or the money for all the new solos and what have you. That said, I really like the list and I'm curious to see what Enliven brings to the faction. My thoughts are how are you gonna protect Rask? I tend to find some Shamblers or a min unit of Trogs just to run behind and serve as slightly complicated life tokens. The Snapper is handy but +2 armor is not gonna keep Rask alive should someone find a way to get at him. That said, I do tend to be overly aggressive with Rask and get him killed accordingly.

I like the Battle Boar on Rorsh since it makes the Superfriends all the more fun to play. The Spitter is great but I feel like it needs Targ to come into its own. Two Wrastlers is always my Go-to with Rask since one tends to murdered quick just to take Rage off the board.

Let me know how it goes!

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Crazy Ferret posted:

I'm moving out of Minions for the time being as it feels like a brand new army and I just don't have the time to relearn it or the money for all the new solos and what have you. That said, I really like the list and I'm curious to see what Enliven brings to the faction. My thoughts are how are you gonna protect Rask? I tend to find some Shamblers or a min unit of Trogs just to run behind and serve as slightly complicated life tokens. The Snapper is handy but +2 armor is not gonna keep Rask alive should someone find a way to get at him. That said, I do tend to be overly aggressive with Rask and get him killed accordingly.

I like the Battle Boar on Rorsh since it makes the Superfriends all the more fun to play. The Spitter is great but I feel like it needs Targ to come into its own. Two Wrastlers is always my Go-to with Rask since one tends to murdered quick just to take Rage off the board.

Let me know how it goes!

Yeah I’d love the double Wrastler, but the battle group is the only place to flex with points as the 3 lessers aren’t at all flexible, and all the solos end up free. Take your point on Targ, it’s a close run thing between him and the Slave, but I think the free upkeep and free boundless make it. In Maelok it’s a tougher choice as the ability to Ancil the Dracodile is huge.

As far as protecting a Rask I think I’m basically relying on the feat on the way in, and then as much of an Alpha as possible on the next turn to kill anything that can get Rask. Then Admo and Enliven to keep as many of the heavies alive as possible.

There’s the Mist Speaker worst case (which I love that pumps Rask’s rat up to 8!), but yeah, I used to enjoy Shamblers with him, but in WWFF there isn’t much you can bring. I’m also gutted it’s at 74pts otherwise I’d bring Gobbers.

I’m also kind of worried about keeping Rorsh alive with that many points hanging on him.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Anyone else remember them saying that mk3 was going to have perma-deaths of major characters?

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

!Klams posted:

Anyone else remember them saying that mk3 was going to have perma-deaths of major characters?

Vinter died?

Tbf. Major deaths would require them to put out some fluff for a non Cygnar faction. I wanted Novels to supplement rulebook fluff, not replace it entirely.

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.

Harkano posted:

Vinter died?

Tbf. Major deaths would require them to put out some fluff for a non Cygnar faction. I wanted Novels to supplement rulebook fluff, not replace it entirely.

Sevvy too, it looks like.

Have we gotten any new rulebooks since the core ones? I thought the Army books were just unit stats and themes as far as rules go; nothing like Apotheosis or Legends.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Zalabar posted:

Sevvy too, it looks like.

Have we gotten any new rulebooks since the core ones? I thought the Army books were just unit stats and themes as far as rules go; nothing like Apotheosis or Legends.

Ah yeah forgot about that. The Tristan book was ok too. So you can only have an old dude die if you get a book about your faction :)

There is very minimal fluff in the new army books (like inferred events about promotions, battles etc, in the history pages), but no actual 'Prose'. NQ and novels (and I guess occasional League fluff) are the only place things will happen for the forseeable.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Holden died. :(
On another subject, would OW1 work in Armored Korps? It feels like she can hand pathfinder, deal with jammers with her feat and AoE spell.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

S.J. posted:

So your plan is to run your counter chargers so far forward that they leave the rest of your really slow army behind?

Yup. Been running armored corps without advance moves already so it's fine

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

How's the book release schedule work for Mk3? I had Gargantuans and Domination for Hordes back in the day but never got around to really...ever playing it. I plan on getting all my stuff in War Room asap so I don't have to deal with outdated cards or whatever - can you basically buy whatever model for your army and rely entirely on War Room for stats, or are there rules or something you need from the expansion books?

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

food court bailiff posted:

How's the book release schedule work for Mk3? I had Gargantuans and Domination for Hordes back in the day but never got around to really...ever playing it. I plan on getting all my stuff in War Room asap so I don't have to deal with outdated cards or whatever - can you basically buy whatever model for your army and rely entirely on War Room for stats, or are there rules or something you need from the expansion books?

There are core rules for Warmachine and Hordes (including extra stuff like the new rules for Structures), all in PDF on the site. All card rules are in War Room 2. No need to buy any books.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
First game back in a year and :feelsgood:

I threw together a stupid Bradigus list (he's still bad right?) and played against Old Witch 2 in Grymkin on Recon2 (my first time playing them since their CID). I'm pretty sure he was running - (2x Hollowmen, 1xMadCaps, 1xDread Rots, 1x Neigh Slayers, 1x Twilight Sisters, 2xFrightMare, 2xRattler, 1x Longfellow, 1xGlimmer Imp, 1x Eilish)

Had a great time getting back to it and pulled out a solid win. His dice rolls were terrible, but I was able to hunker down (shield guard+heals) and outlast his attacks and slow him down with rifts/fertilizer forests/shooting. He committed way too much to get my sentry stone and I was just able to slowly whittle his army down.

Circle Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] The Bones of Orboros

(Thorle 1) Bradigus Thorle the Runecarver [+27]
- Megalith [20]
- Wold Guardian [16]
- Wold Guardian [16]
- Woldwatcher [8]
- Woldwatcher [8]
- Woldwyrd [9]
- Woldwyrd [9]
Blackclad Stoneshaper [0(3)]
Blackclad Stoneshaper [3]
Blackclad Wayfarer [0(4)]
Blackclad Wayfarer [0(4)]
Sentry Stone & Mannikins [5]
Shifting Stones [3]
Shifting Stones [3]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
You don't even need War Room, you can print all the cards you need off their website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Celebrated finishing painting all my Skorne by taking a group shot. There’s less here than I thought there would be.