Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It got posted in the PL thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

here's a mutiny of another kind: Hakan Sukur, the man who scored a goal 11 seconds into a World Cup game against Korea, basically had his life ruined because he supported Gülen. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/18/hakan-sukur-turkey-fallen-hero-exile

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Vitoria vs Bahia has just been abandoned after 9 red cards

https://streamable.com/rihwa

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

ephex posted:

The ref showing the red card a million times is pretty good

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

ephex posted:

Fernando M. looks like a bitch here

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
The past 6 games between the two clubs would not allow both sets of supporters in the same stadium until now. This match was called the "Peace Derby," since both groups would be allowed in the stadium.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I love the ref's little shrug after the last red card, like "what else was I supposed to do?" He clearly warns the player repeatedly, the player is a moron, the ref follows the rules.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Vinestalk posted:

The past 6 games between the two clubs would not allow both sets of supporters in the same stadium until now. This match was called the "Peace Derby," since both groups would be allowed in the stadium.

This is insanely good, lol. I imagine everyone except the league was expecting this outcome.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Vinestalk posted:

This makes it even better

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I love the Brazilian league and Copa Liberatadores, even if there are massive instances of corruption. The passion and sheer lunacy make for some amazing matches.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/965925610395758592

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
:wtc:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

whose home, his or the man's

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Nasri is getting a 6 month ban from UEFA for this classic moment

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lmao, anything to bring this back in to the news is great.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Wasn’t that years ago ffs lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is probably my favorite non-football football thing ever

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Nasri is dumb and fail and this is lol

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

oliwan posted:

Everything about it was great. They way it all broke by his gf blowing up his twitter, the weirdness of the drip doctors, the realization that any sort of IVs were banned by fifa, fantastic.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I thought nothing would come of this.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Is he still with the woman who ratted him out on Twitter about his time with the drip doctors?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Is that the same woman who got him unofficially banned from the French national team for cursing out Deschamps on Twitter? if so, lmao

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Jason Sextro posted:

Is that the same woman who got him unofficially banned from the French national team for cursing out Deschamps on Twitter? if so, lmao

Yep that's her

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

oliwan posted:

Those Leicester City dudes filming themselves hurling racial slurs while having their own hooker orgy and thus setting in motion the events that ended with Claudio Raineri managing the team to a Premier League championship is at least on the same level as this.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

trem_two posted:

Yep that's her

Fantastic. What a way to wind down a career.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jason Sextro posted:

Wait, what's this about? I remember his girlfriend freaking out about him cheating, but not this.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Vagabundo posted:

Wait, what's this about? I remember his girlfriend freaking out about him cheating, but not this.

This happened a couple of years before the Drip Doctors thing, but enjoy a nice lol

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

quote:

Two Burundi officials have been imprisoned after the African country's president was allegedly "roughed up" in a football match they organised.

President Pierre Nkurunziza is a 'born-again' evangelical Christian who spends much of his time travelling Burundi with his own team, Haleluya FC. He travels with his own choir, "Komeza gusenga", which means "pray non-stop" in the local Kirundi language.

On 3 February, his team faced a side from the northern town of Kiremba.

Normally, the opposition is well aware they are playing against the country's president, and it has been said they go easy in the games, even perhaps allowing Nkurunziza to score.

But as the Kiremba team contained Congolese refugees who did not know they were playing against Burundi's president, they "attacked each time he had the ball and made him fall several times", a witness told AFP.

Kiremba's administrator Cyriaque Nkezabahizi and his assistant, Michel Mutama, were imprisoned on Thursday, the news agency reports.

AFP cited a judicial source as saying they had been arrested on charges of "conspiracy against the president".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43265299

Africa is mad

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Halelujah FC

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/05/fa-martin-glenn-apologises-for-star-of-david-swastika-and-mugabe-comments-football

quote:

Martin Glenn has apologised for offence he caused when referencing the Star of David as one of the symbols he believes breach laws banning religious and political imagery in football.

Glenn was commenting about the yellow ribbon worn by Pep Guardiola in support of imprisoned Catalan politicians. Guardiola has until 6pm on Monday to respond to an FA charge for wearing the ribbon, considered by the governing body be a political symbol, during a 1-0 FA Cup fifth round defeat by Wigan Athletic last month. Glenn had said: “It could be the Star of David, it could the hammer and sickle, it could be a swastika, anything like Robert Mugabe on your shirt, these are the things we don’t want.”

lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

He’s right but woof what a list

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i have a robert mugabe on my lapel

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

and poppies don't count because reasons

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

St Evan Echoes posted:

He’s right but woof what a list

Exactly lol

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

RideTheSpiral posted:

i have a robert mugabe on my lapel

Same

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Ban any team who has a cross on their club crest imo. Also religious flags. No place for it in the modern game.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Apparently having Mugabe on a shirt is a real problem that needed to be eradicated
https://twitter.com/StreathamRovers/status/970612433466351616
https://twitter.com/StreathamRovers/status/970635717117403137

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

That owns and Big Bobby Mugabe did nothing wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fun fact for all you TRP friends: I have played football in Burundi.