Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Zereth posted:

Didn't she weave a tapestry making GBS threads on the gods for all their, you know, poo poo like this or Zeus raping people and the like?

That was also undeniably better than Athena's thing, of course.

Well yeah, she just weaved a pony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Facebook Aunt posted:

Looks like being completely mediocre is the way to go. Everything's coming up Milhouse.

security through obscurity :hfive:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

D'awww. :3:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Samuringa posted:

Arachnea was so good at weaving that she said she could beat the Gods themselves. Athena was like "nuh-uh" and she was like "uh uh" so they had a weaving duel, and she did beat the Goddess so she was like "Well if you're so good at weaving then how about you weave for the rest of your life?" :smug: and turned her into a spider.

The greek gods are so believable to me because they act exactly like a normal person would when granted godly powers. It's like a Mount Olympus prison experiment.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Artemis was probably the least crazy goddess because most the people she did bad poo poo to were because they tried to abduct and/or rape her.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Randaconda posted:

Eh, I got several of them reduced after the mod admitted they overreacted, so whatever.

HEY those records were SEALED by court order, BUDDY

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Artemis was probably the least crazy goddess because most the people she did bad poo poo to were because they tried to abduct and/or rape her.

Or peeped on her in the bath, which necessitated being turned into a deer and then torn apart by his own dogs.

Artemis is the best.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RoboRodent posted:

Or peeped on her in the bath, which necessitated being turned into a deer and then torn apart by his own dogs.

Artemis is the best.

Seems like a good way to deal with creepers and stalkers.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Beachcomber posted:

Hephaestus was pretty cool.

Attempted to rape Athena.

The person who said Hestia is the least hosed up is right but iirc she mostly just hung out at home.

e: and Demeter didn't do anything hosed up I can recall offhand.

Pick has a new favorite as of 06:06 on Feb 19, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

She's also the best IASIP side character.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Fister Roboto posted:

She's also the best IASIP side character.

I was going to make this exact comment, except I was going to spell out It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Artemis is solid. The way she went from a fairly standard and uninteresting throw-away character in her first appearance, to her current status as major utility player, is one of my favorite developments on the show. I like how they pepper her into episodes without wearing her out with overuse.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hephaestus is my favorite because he figured out his wife was banging Ares, devised a nearly invisible net trap for his bed so that next time they banged, they'd be ensnared.

They get trapped mid-coitus, ol' Heph jumps out from behind a curtain to drag them to the middle of Mt. Olympus for the other gods to laugh at their naked asses.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Sometimes I look back and remember my father pointing me in the direction of Greco-Roman myth when I was looking for something to read around age eight or nine, and I laugh. Thanks, Dad! I really liked the bits with Oedipus!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You know what folks I must say Old Norse seems better by the minute.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

the norse and greek mythos are probably part of the same culture when you go back far enough, its just the minoan society developed a written language and the norse had to uh, receive theirs from mediterranean invasion

odin banged all kinds of weird poo poo iirc

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Former DILF posted:

the norse and greek mythos are probably part of the same culture when you go back far enough, its just the minoan society developed a written language and the norse had to uh, receive theirs from mediterranean invasion

Between Odin and Loki I don't think there's anything that went unfucked.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Norse believed witchcraft had to be done with jizz, specifically someone else's jizz. Odin was determined to learn every form of magic.

Ah, mythology.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Is that how he lost his eye?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

He pulled it out willingly cause he was into eyesocket play.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Pretty much yes.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Former DILF posted:

Well, yes. They both had pretty much the standard Indo-European pantheon.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

theres actually a whole pyf thread about this poo poo

PYF Historical Funfact

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Well poo poo here's me thinking that was all about getting hosed up on toadstools and beating up your neighbor and then all this poo poo comes spilling out. Is nothing sacred anymore?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The greek gods were kind of dicks

but I feel like the move of "wiping out the world except for a boat" was kind of a big dick move from the christian god as well

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Man made God is his own image.

Man is a jerk so of course we created lovely gods too.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Zzulu posted:

but I feel like the move of "wiping out the world except for a boat" was kind of a big dick move from the christian god as well

It would probably be more accurate to call it the Canaanite God or a Mesopotamian god as the story predates Christianity by a loooong time

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

http://i.imgur.com/jsPOvwE.mp4

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
For the manta ray in you.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

steinrokkan posted:

For the manta ray in you.

I know it's the wrong kind of ray but as an Australian I still find that phrase incredibly triggering

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I know it's the wrong kind of ray but as an Australian I still find that phrase incredibly triggering

as an australian, what teh gently caress are you on about oval office

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Just when you think you've encountered every fetish on the Internet...

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
It was a sting ray that did Saint Irwin dirty, not the gentle Manta.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Someone please help that poor lady with a seagull stuck in her mouth

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Inescapable Duck posted:

as an australian, what teh gently caress are you on about oval office

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Crocodile tears

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
If anything those crocodiles should be really loving happy. Their great ancestral foe finally laid low.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Johnny Aztec posted:

Someone please help that poor lady with a seagull stuck in her mouth

Please help the seagull imo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Everyone knows the difference between stingrays and manta rays but landlubbers and daft cunts

I even once almost caught an eagle ray on a squid jag when I was a kid. And then the adults wondered why I had to be carried back to shore rather than wading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Shaun, did you take Trish to agreement practice today?