Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/henrymance/status/964853149235335168

Good thread building up to story link.

Edit: Unrelated:

https://twitter.com/notesfrompoland/status/964502286054682624

Absurd Alhazred has a new favorite as of 23:30 on Feb 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
That's what you get for emphasizing bird hiring.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jojoinnit posted:

That's what you get for emphasizing bird hiring.

I knew affirmative action for birds was a loving mistake.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

He tweeted the transcripts separately

https://twitter.com/henrymance/status/965173351072313344
https://twitter.com/henrymance/status/965173622095704064

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That was even nuttier than I expected, was the speaker a lost brother of Donald trump?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/DigiVictorian/status/964842367508516864

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Miss Laura Bax and Miss Florence Watts telling it like it is.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

That was even nuttier than I expected, was the speaker a lost brother of Donald trump?

The second is pure grade "I won't prepare anything because I know what I want to talk about"

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Miss Sarah Kennerly has no loving chill

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Miss Annie Thompson's up for it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
This is extremely meta

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

"SOROS-OWNED PROPAGANDA SITE DENIES TIES TO SOROS"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Because GPU prices.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

i give it like maybe 5 years before the earth is surrounded by some bitcoiners dyson sphere

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Former DILF posted:

i give it like maybe 5 years before the earth is surrounded by some bitcoiners dyson sphere

Very generous of them to put it outside the orbit of the Earth.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

actually thinking about it, if i don't surround the earth in a dyson sphere, I won't enjoy the benefits thereof so i think by the logic of hte market I'm obligated to begin a dyson sphere bitcoin mining entrepreneurship

sorry its just fate

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

I read this as "SA faces structural poo poo in output" and it made sense.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Doctor Malaver posted:

Yeah, I wonder what Lowtax is gonna do about this.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Doctor Malaver posted:

"SA Feces; Structural Shitpost" is basically what I read at a first, and it's still pretty accurate.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Doctor Malaver posted:

Wait, how else are you supposed to read it?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The last word is "ouput".

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Neptune's Mysterious Storm is Dying, Possibly Smells Like Rotten Eggs

Just like my mysterious storms

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/feb/15/diy-faecal-transplants-carry-risks-including-hiv-and-hepatitis-warn-experts

Also, DIY Fecal Transplant is a pro tier username.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
This Uber story has been getting some questionable headlining. Like it's grammatcially correct but maybe I'm just broken and can't see or not see commas anymore so it runs on into the humorous version.

"Uber Eats Driver Allegedly Shoots and Kills Customer"

Like the cars come to life and is getting it's revenge by eating the driver and shooting the passenger.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Uber Eats Shoots and Drives

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Honorable mention for taking the headline overly literal: "Elon Musk's Boring Company gets green light to start digging in Washington, DC"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

zedprime posted:

This Uber story has been getting some questionable headlining. Like it's grammatcially correct but maybe I'm just broken and can't see or not see commas anymore so it runs on into the humorous version.

"Uber Eats Driver Allegedly Shoots and Kills Customer"

Like the cars come to life and is getting it's revenge by eating the driver and shooting the passenger.

This is an example of what's known as a garden path sentence.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Former DILF posted:

Former DILF posted:

actually thinking about it, if i don't surround the earth in a dyson sphere, I won't enjoy the benefits thereof so i think by the logic of hte market I'm obligated to begin a dyson sphere bitcoin mining entrepreneurship

A Dyson sphere would not surround the earth, it would replace it. It is a sphere build around and fully encompassing the Sun. You would live on the inside surface of the sphere. Well actually you wouldn't as such a megaconstruct is not really feasible for any civilization that would actually need to harness 100% of the energy of a star.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

doverhog posted:

A Dyson sphere would not surround the earth, it would replace it. It is a sphere build around and fully encompassing the Sun. You would live on the inside surface of the sphere. Well actually you wouldn't as such a megaconstruct is not really feasible for any civilization that would actually need to harness 100% of the energy of a star.

Still seems like a short term solution. I mean, the sun is going to burn out eventually and then what? Your stupid sphere is useless. We, as a species, need to find a way to generate endless power from cold, not heat. Why don't scientists just work on that? Idiots.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I've been saying for years that we should find a way to harness this dark energy I keep hearing about. Some kind of dark technology? Just spitballing here, I'll leave it to the eggheads to work out the details.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

doverhog posted:

See this is why im just a shitposter instead of anything important

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

doverhog posted:

This is why Dyson Web is the way to fuckin go. That or the ever-classy RIIINGS

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Solice Kirsk posted:

Still seems like a short term solution. I mean, the sun is going to burn out eventually and then what? Your stupid sphere is useless. We, as a species, need to find a way to generate endless power from cold, not heat. Why don't scientists just work on that? Idiots.

Well, there is zero-point energy. I mean not really but it's an idea.

Uh, and the sun is gonna be around for really long time. You don't need to plan your poo poo until the heat death, that's overkill.

doverhog has a new favorite as of 23:04 on Feb 19, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/NatGeo/status/963186467492257792

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

SlothOnSecurity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist