Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I went for the BP costume and have no regrets with the sale and the fact that I had 10k crystals doing nothing. Now just need to farm like 80 some bios to take the costume to mythic, those event bios came in handy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I got a CTP of Patience. I think the move here is to eat the crystals it takes to remove the CTP of Energy I have on Quicksilver, give him the Patience, and give Cable the Energy. That seems like the preferred use of both and bonus is that it might give Quicksilver the edge he needs to beat Floor 27 (I tried like 50 tries this week and he always came up just short) and give Cable the edge he needs to jump up to the level everyone says hes capable of.

Thoughts?

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

Dravs posted:

I picked up a CTP of transcendence from a special mission, are there any recommendations on who it would be good on?

I had the same question when a CTP of Transcendence randomly dropped for me. I found this thread on reddit and ended up putting it on my Wolverine: https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/795plt/possible_candidates_for_the_new_ctps/

As far as how good it is, I can only say the he regularly wrecks Age of Apocalypse Wolverines in Timeline Gold. I do suffer in ABX since it doesn't protect against snare or guard break.

Kama
Mar 11, 2002
I'm not ignoring you, I'm just not listening.
I picked up the game about a week ago. So far I have been having fun. I would like to join an alliance if anyone is up for inviting me. Username is Mollygrue.

Trapper John
Jun 12, 2001

Kama posted:

I picked up the game about a week ago. So far I have been having fun. I would like to join an alliance if anyone is up for inviting me. Username is Mollygrue.

We've got space in doctor goons if you want to apply

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can reach 20 in SL now, but at that point I have a single t2 and all my decent t1s are used up as well. I swear Wave Mode is designed just to make you use good characters.

Ensain
Mar 30, 2002
I forgot.
I started about a week ago also. Would appreciate an invite to doctor goons also if there is room. Username silent farstar

Trapper John
Jun 12, 2001

Ensain posted:

I started about a week ago also. Would appreciate an invite to doctor goons also if there is room. Username silent farstar

we can't send invites to join the alliance, you just need to apply to the alliance and post your in-game name and we'll approve your application.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm trying to conserve my clear tickets, so what uses them up and what doesn't? obviously clearing levels automatically does, but does repeating use up 1 or as many times as you do the level? From just observing, it seems like both. It's weird and inconsistent.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

twistedmentat posted:

I'm trying to conserve my clear tickets, so what uses them up and what doesn't? obviously clearing levels automatically does, but does repeating use up 1 or as many times as you do the level? From just observing, it seems like both. It's weird and inconsistent.

I could be wrong but off the top of my head.
Doing a normal level, rift, daily mission or special mission on autoplay (or manual play) with autorepeat checked uses up one for each continue. So 9 tickets to do 10 levels. The timeline battle uses this also.
Doing them with autoclear where you don't even go in and it just ticks up the rewards uses 1 per use, so 10 tickets to do 10 levels.
Asgard and Ultimates missions (chapters 11-13?) use up 2 per level. So 18 and 20 respectively for the above. Or maybe its just 2 for autoclear since they are much harder than the rest.
Coop uses 1 per auto-repeat plus you have to spend some to open the chests. I don't know how much because I've done it on automatic for the last several months and don't pay attention.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
For coop, the cost to open goes up as your owned hero bonus goes up. I’m at rank 4 and it costs me 12 clear tickets per box, after the first free open.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Just wait a bit and I’ll get you back in Hebrons.

I applied to Hebrons a few days ago. I need those sweet sweet guild perks!

Ensain
Mar 30, 2002
I forgot.
Applied to Doctor Goons. Username:
Silent Farstar

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I seriously feel like I've been feeding bios into Dom since the new year and I'm only at 50% to 60. God I hate leveling world bosses. When I was leveling Cable, Wanda and Pietro I sacrificed all my bios to them, including really hard to get ones. Why am I going to do this all over again with Thanos?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

twistedmentat posted:

I seriously feel like I've been feeding bios into Dom since the new year and I'm only at 50% to 60. God I hate leveling world bosses. When I was leveling Cable, Wanda and Pietro I sacrificed all my bios to them, including really hard to get ones. Why am I going to do this all over again with Thanos?

I have every native T2 at level 60 :getin:

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Just started on Thanos because I am tired of getting owned in conquest by him. Time to give them some of their own medicine. :getin:

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
I just noticed they added little buttons to the alliance battle setup so you don't have to back all the way out to change uniforms an check team bonuses. What a nice QoL add!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. I love it in Shadowland since I'm always tweaking people's stuff and upping the skills or gears of characters as they become necessary, especially on the first 10 levels. The new setup means you don't have to back out and saves a ton of time and hassle.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I want a playable M’Baku now.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

fart simpson posted:

I just got to that point today. What do you do with bios now, sit on them until a new native T2 comes out?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

fart simpson posted:

God drat that's painful to imagine.

Steve Vader posted:

I want a playable M’Baku now.

gently caress yea.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The Diddler posted:

I just got to that point today. What do you do with bios now, sit on them until a new native T2 comes out?

Yes

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

fart simpson posted:

This is me except I just can't bring myself to buy Adam Warlock. I really wish there was a way you could feed unwanted bios again

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Kegslayer posted:

This is me except I just can't bring myself to buy Adam Warlock. I really wish there was a way you could feed unwanted bios again

I bought him and he’s not worth it at all lmao. I still don’t regret it tho

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

What’s better to get in the event store - a T2 ticket or the Mythic costume upgrade?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Probably the T2 ticket. The costume upgrade is only from legendary to mythic, it is not a mega upgrade ticket.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That's still a poo poo load of bios. I think any seasoned player should go for the costume ticket, T2 tickets are given all the time.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I went for the costume ticket, yeah -- but I'm at the point that I'm T2ing random jerks for fun and there's no one I really need. The uni ticket is an enormous bio save for anyone I end up mythic-ing and based on the BP and Thor events they're gonna continue to screw us into needing mythic for some rewards. The free uniform kits are nice too. If I were still working my way up the T2 would be more useful though.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I started playing a few months ago. I have 4 unused T2 tickets because I can't collect bios quick enough to get character gear to 20.

A T2 ticket will save you 150 bios, 300 Norns, 800 BAM and 1000 Chaos norns, and only half those if it's a story character.

A mythic costume ticket will save you 480 bios, and those are usually the more difficult to farm bios if it's an appropriate character (Loki, Hulk).

If you have no costume you will ever want to bring to mythic, go for the T2 ticket. Otherwise the costume tickets are more rare and probably a better value.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
If you're new? The t2 ticket, otherwise the mythic costume ticket is better by far. Uni upgrade kits are incredibly slow to farm and the final stage of any of the more expensive unis takes a fuckton, on top of the potentially 480 bios and ton of norns.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah and like was mentioned we're definitely going to have more mythic uniform required things happening.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Definitely buy the uni ticket

Is there anyone that can clear the last chapter missions on auto without dying besides Wolverine? Looking for someone faster

I know I know, I usually sim those but I've been auto'ing the BP ones since they give a ton of XP and the bios I need for the uni (I had noooo idea it started at Legendary)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I got the Uniform Ticket and used it to take Hela from Legendary to Mythic and grab a CTP. When I get my Shadowland bios I'll have enough to take Hulk to Mythic and get his CTP and I'll finally be done with the Ragnarok Legendary Battle Awards. Then I can start working on the Black Panther ones and save for the Extreme.

I definitely agree with the idea that if you're new and need T2s you should grab that ticket, but if you feel good with T2s then the uniform ticket is more valuable because it saves a TON of resources. I've got a T2 ticket in my inventory I'm not really sure who to use on and I'm at the point where I'm T2ing people like Blade, Bullseye, and Sharon Carter because they become available every few days.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I went with the Mythic Costume ticket, as I got a login reward of a T2 ticket, and I see the costume ones much less regularly.

Of course, I don't have any Legendary costumes yet. I've got Superior Spider-Man at Heroic and almost maxed there, and I've got the AoU Ultron uniform at Heroic.

I really want to believe making Superior Spider-Man Mythic will help him be really good. I fear that will not be the case.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

I went with the Mythic Costume ticket, as I got a login reward of a T2 ticket, and I see the costume ones much less regularly.

Of course, I don't have any Legendary costumes yet. I've got Superior Spider-Man at Heroic and almost maxed there, and I've got the AoU Ultron uniform at Heroic.

I really want to believe making Superior Spider-Man Mythic will help him be really good. I fear that will not be the case.

Upgrading uniforms is not a major power increase and will certainly not turn a terrible character into something good.

Don't use your mythic ticket on a character like that. Use it on Thor/Hulk/Loki/Hela or one of the new BP ones. That or save it for upcoming Infinity War stuff.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, with the Legendary Battles system the focus of Costumes should clearly be on them since it seems like every major movie release is going to come with a new set of costume prizes.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I can't believe there was a time when I thought hidden tickets were hard to keep in stock.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've got like 800 stocked up and every day I debate if I should just burn off 20 today and hope I get a CTP or if I should keep hoarding for some hypothetical new set of Special Missions.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Hopefully at some point they make the uniforms purely cosmetic and merge the xp, giving you the benefits as long as you own the uni. It's dumb that some are better than others and even dumber that it seems to be how they do most of the balancing these days.

I got a T2 ticket today and don't know who to use it on so I guess I'll sit on it. Kate Bishop, Captain America and Beast are all at 4x20 but Beast and Cap will get there easy without a ticket when I quit feeding their bios to SWitch, and Kate isn't an exciting T2. I've been hitting the converter hard because I have Blue Marvel at 20/20/18/19 but I think I could burn all my antimatter, universal norns and GUKs and still not get him to 4x20. Plus he's amazing without it, I just like him and want to max him out. Using the bio sub on Agent Venom currently but I have weeks to go before he's ready for a ticket so he'll get next month's.

I finally got a decent roster of like 12 amazing chars up to mid 20s shadowlands and they throw 3 combat levels at me in a row including a rumble. 24 is Hawkeye boss with the turrets and combat bonus, and I just have ungeared T1 lizardman left. I almost got him with Dr Strange stripping the buffs but the turrets wore me down even with his healing and iframes. I still have X-23 (reserved for rocket w/ dodge kegs), Nova, Cable, Quicksilver, Jean, ShaRog, Thanos, Dr Strange, Hobo Spidey, Angela, and in T1 Ghost Rider Robbie, Inferno, and Vulture. Thought this week would be my week. Anything I'm missing like Dr Strange's ability to strip away the level theme buffs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kate Bishop's alright at T2 but you can pick up her bios with no cost by just doing Villain Siege every day. Given enough time you'll just be in a position to T2 her naturally the same as Beast and Cap.

I have a ticket now and I'm theoretically planning to use it on Luna but I'm not sure I have enough 20-a-day days left to get her to 4/20. If I fall short I'll probably start working the lab for X-23 or Blue Marvel and target one of them.