Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

PhazonLink posted:

Reminder, Shapiro almost got his pencil neck snapped by a woman he insulted.

he also filed a police report on her lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Has anyone seen how Fox News and the usual suspects have been covering the latest school massacre, and the Mueller indictments?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Zwabu posted:

Has anyone seen how Fox News and the usual suspects have been covering the latest school massacre, and the Mueller indictments?

It's what you'd expect. Both are getting minimal coverage. Mueller indictments vindicates Trump and shows Obama is to blame for not doing anything in 2014. Shooting is the FBIs fault and the answer is putting armed guards in the schools, not taking away the virtuous, wonderful AR-15. A few usual suspects calling for gun control like Shep and Geraldo. Everyone else defending the honor of the NRA. Nothing terribly surprsing.

Laura Ingraham spent the last couple of days of the week calling LeBron an ignorant, uneducated dumb jock who can't speak well and should shut up and Aly Raisman a disappointing slut and bad role model. So they're moving on.

Edit: I've seen a little inspired speculation that the reason the FBI missed the shooter was because they were too busy investigating Russians. That could be a real winner.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 18, 2018

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Edit: I've seen a little inspired speculation that the reason the FBI missed the shooter was because they were too busy investigating Russians. That could be a real winner.

But of course.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/965075589274177536

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

everytime i think he can't get any worse, he always does. he has no bottom because he has no core.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

everytime i think he can't get any worse, he always does. he has no bottom because he has no core.

I have it on good authority that Donald Trump not only has a bottom, he has a great bottom. One of the best. Just ask any of his good friends about his extremely good bottom.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
You can also ask them how great his teeth and gums look.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

PhazonLink posted:

You can also ask them how great his teeth and gums look.

His definitely real teeth. For sure. No bamboozle. They're real, honest. The OFFICIAL White House Physician said so. Also that he is in perfect health. These are all true things.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

School shootings: the "basics" of the FBI. :psyduck:

Like, on some level... yeah, it's true, but how hosed up is that?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
And his base will love him for it. He's being a hard hitting truth teller. It's so obvious when you understand that the entire FBI organization can only ever work on one thing at a time. Every single field office and employee in the entire FBI is dedicated solely to one thing at a time.

The best part is even if you manage to penetrate some MAGA warriors thick skull with that concept by engaging with their shitheaded excuse for conversation it will hit their propaganda conditioning and just roll right off. Strong Daddy Trump says the FBI is bad, the FBI is bad. He says NFL is bad, NFL is bad.

It's a cult at this point and deprogramming takes a long loving time.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I mean, the FBI did admit they never followed up on a tip from January that Cruz was off his rocker, but up until he pulled the trigger he hadn't, to my knowledge, done anything illegal. Maybe the animal butchery poo poo on his Insta, but I'm not sure where that falls legally.

Sex-tourism man is of the mind that either the teachers need to be armed, or every school should have armed guards or something.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/965457691064770561

UMass prof has a thread with several good questions about how arming teachers would work.

https://twitter.com/profmusgrave/status/965316600676147200

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Leofish posted:

UMass prof has a thread with several good questions about how arming teachers would work.

Along those same lines, this is really good: https://www.caseyliss.com/2018/2/17/no-putting-more-guns-in-schools-is-not-a-good-idea-you-friggin-morons

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
To be fair, I suspect "trying to arm teachers would be hilariously impractical, further break the Department of Education, and cause teachers to resign in droves" is considered a feature, not a bug, by the people in favor of it. The far right doesn't want public education to be a thing at all.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
What could the FBI have done? Up until the moment he walked into that school, he was a good guy with a gun.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Leofish posted:

I mean, the FBI did admit they never followed up on a tip from January that Cruz was off his rocker, but up until he pulled the trigger he hadn't, to my knowledge, done anything illegal. Maybe the animal butchery poo poo on his Insta, but I'm not sure where that falls legally.

Sex-tourism man is of the mind that either the teachers need to be armed, or every school should have armed guards or something.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/965457691064770561

I’ve personally heard right wingers answer all of these. The question I’m more interest in, does this officially make the teacher ‘a troop’ that we are constitutionally obliged to support now?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Good Citizen posted:

I’ve personally heard right wingers answer all of these. The question I’m more interest in, does this officially make the teacher ‘a troop’ that we are constitutionally obliged to support now?

It's a long thread and you should really read the whole thing. It culminates in this tweet: https://twitter.com/profmusgrave/status/965578792919031813

So not far off from the question you're asking.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

What could the FBI have done? Up until the moment he walked into that school, he was a good guy with a gun.

The real answer is catalog, monitor and arrest white supremacist cells for terrorism. But uh, we know why that will never happen.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Koalas March posted:

The real answer is catalog, monitor and arrest white supremacist cells for terrorism. But uh, we know why that will never happen.
If that dude was Muslim the FBI would have framed him years ago. Sadly there is no institutional will to frame white people after the whole Ruby Ridge debacle.

Rent-A-Cop fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Feb 19, 2018

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rent-A-Cop posted:

If that dude was Muslim the FBI would have framed him years ago. Sadly there is no institutional will to frame white people after the whole Ruby Ridge debacle.

And there's the fact that the Trump Administration deliberately gutted the ability for the FBI to even track white, right-wing terrorism.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Angry_Ed posted:

And there's the fact that the Trump Administration deliberately gutted the ability for the FBI to even track white, right-wing terrorism.
Well it isn't as if the Obama administration was on a Klan busting rampage either. There's simply no push to deal with radical White groups because they do not threaten the status quo of rich white dudes owning everything.

Also people tend to take offense when the police kill a bunch of white kids and law enforcement in America seems to be incapable of dealing with any problem without killing children.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Well it isn't as if the Obama administration was on a Klan busting rampage either. There's simply no push to deal with radical White groups because they do not threaten the status quo of rich white dudes owning everything.

Also people tend to take offense when the police kill a bunch of white kids and law enforcement in America seems to be incapable of dealing with any problem without killing children.

This is a fair point, but I think there's also a cultural problem regarding the idea of right-wing white terrorism. The news up until recently wouldn't even entertain the idea of calling certain things terrorist attacks. Abortion Clinic Bombing? Lone wolf. Open-Carry person walks down the streets in Colorado Springs firing at people? Lone wolf. The news also frequently doesn't even cover right-wing terror plots being foiled, such as This sterling example of America trying to blow up an Airport terminal in North Caroina.

Then there's also the entire Bureau of Land Management vs. Bundy Clan standoff that I would have liked to imagine would've wound up with something happening but because jury nullification is still a thing people believe in, almost everyone that took over the Malheur Wildlife Refuge walked, almost everyone who literally leveled guns at the Police in Nevada walked, the Bundys walked, and a bunch of Sovereign Citizens probably got emboldened by the fact that the Government lost.

Hell even now the focus on the Parkland shooting feels more like it's focusing on things like "Cruz had ADHD, Depression, and Autism," and not the part where he's firing off guns while wearing a MAGA hat and boxers and being a raging anti-semite (among other things). Not enough people in America are willing to confront a problem that has existed within our society for decades and because it went ignored finally metastasized into this fascist movement emboldened by a narcissistic orange golem of hate. Trump making it harder for the FBI to even monitor these groups (some of whom even did also get arrested under Obama, such as the militia group in Michigan that got rolled up), is not so much a direct cause as it is a contributing factor to the whole mess, just like how the GOP stripped the security budgets of several embassies and then got really mad at the State Department (by which I mean they got mad at Hillary Clinton) when Benghazi happened.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 19, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't quite get how the bundys were aquitted.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Groovelord Neato posted:

i don't quite get how the bundys were aquitted.

I don't know for sure, but I assumed when it was announced that it was jury nullification.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lightning Knight posted:

I don't know for sure, but I assumed when it was announced that it was jury nullification.

Basically one juror thought there couldn't possibly have been a conspiracy to occupy the Wildlife Refuge (which I guess means all these SovCits with guns just "happened" to show up at the same time and just "happened" to force everyone off at gunpoint). So yes, it's Jury Nullification. Or Federal Prosecutors maybe going a bit too deep on charges, but considering that they wouldn't even convict the guys who clearly stole one of the refuge's trucks I doubt it was Fed incompetence.

I'm probably getting details wrong, the net result is still a lot of people walking and those that didn't basically getting a slap on the wrist.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Who would pay all these armed veterans to patrol schools? Most public schools are already almost broke.:lol:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Angry_Ed posted:

Basically one juror thought there couldn't possibly have been a conspiracy to occupy the Wildlife Refuge (which I guess means all these SovCits with guns just "happened" to show up at the same time and just "happened" to force everyone off at gunpoint). So yes, it's Jury Nullification. Or Federal Prosecutors maybe going a bit too deep on charges, but considering that they wouldn't even convict the guys who clearly stole one of the refuge's trucks I doubt it was Fed incompetence.

The feds were also really incompetent in building their case.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

The DOJ is loving terrible at everything that isn't framing dull-normal teenagers for terrorism.

Seriously. They simply refused to try any case that a turnip couldn't win. So the second they actually have to work at it they fall on their faces.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Who would pay all these armed veterans to patrol schools? Most public schools are already almost broke.:lol:

Its like this graduating wave of bad, poorly thought out ideas.

"We should arm the teachers!"
"Who would train them? How can you afford it? What if they don't want to? What if they're just not fit?"
"We should put more armed police and military in the schools!"
"Who pays for that? Where are you getting these extra cops and what are they not doing anymore?"
"We should get retired cops and military in the schools!"

So that's basically where we are with the RWM that have "thought this out" like Hannity. Retiree cops and unemployed vets who are volunteering their time and bringing their own guns. This sounds like a solid plan.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fair I did hear some massive fuckups in a lot of the other parts of handling the case, which makes this even more frustrating.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I keep seeing , that when this stuff is called terrorism, people coming out of the woodwork to tell you the exact definition of terrorism.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Y'all, Trump tweeted if Obama was president in 2016, why didn't he do anything about Russian hacks.

Is he really this stupid?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Y'all, Trump tweeted if Obama was president in 2016, why didn't he do anything about Russian hacks.

he's a fox news grandpa

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

https://twitter.com/Rschooley/status/965705448367128576

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

trump is unfathomably stupid

basically everyone you know who still thinks of trump as being a reasonable person, try to get their email address and sell it to spammers

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

probaly. its more he knows he is hosed(even by a mircals chance, he wasnt colluding and was innocent, he has made himself look gulty as gently caress) and he is never gonna sanction russia. so he needs someone/anyone to blame other then himself. he is like angry kid.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Convicted felon Dinesh D'Souza is at it again, that wacky ol' scamp!

https://twitter.com/CMcCurdyPDX/status/966072316479266816

Yes, this man who admitted to committing a crime is gloating, as well-adjusted people do, about how literal children who were not murdered were not able to convince their elected representatives to ban the weapons used to murder their friends.

https://twitter.com/jbillinson/status/966096764011937793

Have a Krang.

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/966043831509581824

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/966110925177737216

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Some day I think it would be funny to sit down with the CPAC organizers and try and figure out where exactly the line is between "unacceptable" comments from the likes of Milo and D'Souza and "totally acceptable" comments from the likes of Nigel Farage, Jeanine Pirro, Pamela Gellar, David Clarke, and of course Donald Trump.

Oh, and Marion Le'Pen is at this year's event! But Dinesh crossed the line? What the gently caress is the line?

By the way, CPAC has a panel hosted by the Gateway Pundit who are the ones advancing the conspiracy theory that the Parkland Kids are paid actors.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

STAC Goat posted:

Some day I think it would be funny to sit down with the CPAC organizers and try and figure out where exactly the line is between "unacceptable" comments from the likes of Milo and D'Souza and "totally acceptable" comments from the likes of Nigel Farage, Jeanine Pirro, Pamela Gellar, David Clarke, and of course Donald Trump.

Oh, and Marion Le'Pen is at this year's event! But Dinesh crossed the line? What the gently caress is the line?

By the way, CPAC has a panel hosted by the Gateway Pundit who are the ones advancing the conspiracy theory that the Parkland Kids are paid actors.

the line is bad press, CPAC isn't just racist morons but cowardly racist morons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Brown dude mocking dead white kids is a bad look for racists.