Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Yeah, V2 is a big improvement over V1 mainly due to the increase in types of specials and mini-bosses. The class system is great too. Can't wait for the full release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Each shield is 2 stamina, are you sure it's bugged?

Then why does my 4 stamina weapon have 4 shields? :shrug:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Inconsistent wording maybe? It was definitely that way in V1

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm assuming you're correct because while the weapon in the inventory is listed as 4 stamina, I can take eight hits because each shield half breaks, then breaks. Meaning the talents are giving the correct amount and the weapons are mislisted.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The dwarf gets 2 shields from his 2 shield talent. It might be items ones not working atm.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Orv posted:

I have been describing it as a "24/7 Helm's Deep simulator" which I imagine will stay accurate given the apparently changes in level design they've made. Shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of assholes, all the time.

How about shoulder to shoulder with a friend?

Also 2 stamina is 1 shield.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Tenzarin posted:

The dwarf gets 2 shields from his 2 shield talent. It might be items ones not working atm.

He also gets 2 from being ironbreaker, I think.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yeah he gets some stam from his passive.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Game is still super awesome and an incredible improvement over the first game. I really have no doubt that fatshark will resolve any issue that comes up with the game. I don't even doubt that they couldn't add in greenskins also and make it even more amazing.

Just incase they read all my nda breaking comments, but I mean it for reals

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Feb 19, 2018

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i thought everyone was just being silly but we do realize that there's literally tens of thousands of words of discussion regarding the game like this on Fatshark's own forums and not a single person has gotten smacked down for that, right?

the NDA stuff they're really concerned about is streaming and broadcasting. don't put your crap on twitch or youtube and you're fine.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Willie Tomg posted:

I turned [...] most post processing and HDR off entirely, and was able to see again.
This is the correct answer in basically every modern game

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Trying to level another class right now really sucks rear end, almost every game cant do it. I kinda make it harder by grabbing grims but lvl 1s really suck rear end at clearing hordes.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Even equiping 3 stronger items still sucks since your primary and secondary are low.

Hell I just got 2 chests and I still don't have a new primary so hello lovely hero power.

Small and Blue
Apr 24, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

Trying to level another class right now really sucks rear end, almost every game cant do it. I kinda make it harder by grabbing grims but lvl 1s really suck rear end at clearing hordes.

Play with bots, they are way better at clearing normal difficulty than most low level pubs.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Third World Reggin posted:

Even equiping 3 stronger items still sucks since your primary and secondary are low.

Hell I just got 2 chests and I still don't have a new primary so hello lovely hero power.

One nice thing is drops on the other characters will be at the level of your highest guy but they wont get you his power level. It seems the character's levels give alot of power themselves.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Someone had posted it is 10 times your character level then average your other 5 items together and add those two values up.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
So has anyone discovered if there’s a level cap?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Third World Reggin posted:

Craft something

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

White Coke posted:

Some of the turbo-nerd vt1 streamers are level 1200+ by now, so I doubt it

roxxor5678
Jan 17, 2005

White Coke posted:

It might just be for beta, but there are complaints in the official forum about it being capped at level 30 currently. Yeah.. complaints. (assuming we're talking about Vermintide 2, anyway)

roxxor5678 fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Feb 19, 2018

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Ad by Khad posted:

Craft something

This is a little tricky because some crafting materials don’t persist, you have to get enough scrap to craft right away or lose it.

It’s pretty obviously a bug though

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Fans posted:

This is a little tricky because some crafting materials don’t persist, you have to get enough scrap to craft right away or lose it.

It’s pretty obviously a bug though

Interesting.

That never happened to me.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
No idea why it’s just me then! The 10 bits you need disappear if not used before my next match, everything else persists

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

I only ever get 1 or 2 bits from salvaging and not the 3+ it usually says per item :shrug:. I could dismantle 9 items and only get maybe 6 bits of stuff instead of the 20-30 it says.

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
VT 2 is really good. Combat feels much more visceral, chaos are even more fun to fight than skaven, and the new specials/bosses are great. There's some balance issues but I have confidence that Fatshark will iron those out just like they did in VT1.

Wow Bagger
Mar 30, 2010
There's a new patch out now with a new free mission for Vermintide 1. Which also breaks the whole "you get reikwald forest for free if you pre-ordered" thing. They know about this and are presumably working on it.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

New map to bid bon voyage to V1 is alright.

You get this for winning

As for V2, the crafting requiring 10 scrap should be 5 since, long-term, you'll have less and less boxes to go around if leveling gets harder and further between to get you poo poo to salvage, and Scrap doesn't come from boxes at all unlike the specific item material. Also you can't reroll modifier percentages and you can't craft for a specific quality of item.

It also bears mentioning that you cannot get Blues and Oranges until certain character levels. After about level 7 you should hoard every box you get then open around, I dunno, Level 12-15 and then just meter it out very carefully. It's pretty sad.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm kind of astonished they did a final Ratfight 1 map while in the runup to releasing Ratfight 2.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Ad by Khad posted:

Craft something

Choices to craft atm. Things that are not weapons and I dunno, no weapons.

I will get back to you in a few levels when I can craft something.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Lunethex posted:

It also bears mentioning that you cannot get Blues and Oranges until certain character levels. After about level 7 you should hoard every box you get then open around, I dunno, Level 12-15 and then just meter it out very carefully. It's pretty sad.

Serious question: Why? Powerlevels seem to be power levels and independent of blue/green/orange status, and one good trait is better than three traits that don't affect your character much I'm finding, and much like the first game it seems like rerolling items requires a substantial base of blue and green junk to get enough Trait Roulette spins to justify the experiment. I'm actually holding onto greens with bonus vs. armored because that helps more than an orange with increased crit power and push angle, for instance.

That whole system feels like a supremely rudimentary placeholder, though and is one of the things I'm holding fire on until the 1st.

Like; power levels that I could see were mostly decoupled from item color/class, and actually I found myself holding onto greens because they had a higher bonus to a thing I actually needed. A green P100 flamestrike staff with 18% bonus vs. armored is more useful to many BW builds than a P100 orange flamestrike with a 4% bonus to critpower, 10% bonus to push angle, and +2 stamina.

They've fixed enough about the ratfight part of the game (barring ofc the rate of special spawns) that I'm preeeetttttty sure "gently caress it, whatever" is not the intended behavior toward reward crates and crafting. Once they roll out the version that's more art asset than red X placeholder clipart though, we'll have some conversation about it I'm sure.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Yes, you're absolutely right. The fact we have to worry about Hero Power now is another reason the loot system is so bad because every item you get is powered based on your level. So if you aren't opening boxes at your highest possible strength it's all technically a waste anyway, and there's no upgrade option.

This is where AssCreed Origins comes in for a reference. Items can be upgraded to match your level so you always have a chance to keep old legendaries useful. I'm going to post my Total Gameplay Overview & feedback when it's done. I've just written 4923 words on Enemies and it's time for the basics like bots, item density, and of course, the loot and crafting system.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Weird thought, but how do you think they'll do the cinematic trailer? Will they even do one? Cause each character has 3 different canonical classes. Will it be three trailers or imply something about possible futures that you decide! I would be ok with ironbreaker Bardin holding the line against ratmen until a chaos spawn shows up. Bardin starts to laugh as he removes his helmet to reveal a flame res mohawk puff up like a peacock. Then stripping his armor and unsheathing two axes strapped to his back, and yells about cousin Okri before charging in. Cut away to Saltspyre and kruber discuss the optimum number of feathers to adorn the perfect hat. Cut back to Slayer Bardin putting on a green cloak, tucking back his hair under the hood, and picking up a crossbow before running off to join the others.

How would you do a cinematic trailer for VT2?

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

Sazabi posted:

Weird thought, but how do you think they'll do the cinematic trailer? Will they even do one? Cause each character has 3 different canonical classes. Will it be three trailers or imply something about possible futures that you decide! I would be ok with ironbreaker Bardin holding the line against ratmen until a chaos spawn shows up. Bardin starts to laugh as he removes his helmet to reveal a flame res mohawk puff up like a peacock. Then stripping his armor and unsheathing two axes strapped to his back, and yells about cousin Okri before charging in. Cut away to Saltspyre and kruber discuss the optimum number of feathers to adorn the perfect hat. Cut back to Slayer Bardin putting on a green cloak, tucking back his hair under the hood, and picking up a crossbow before running off to join the others.

Who gives a loving poo poo

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

:chillpill:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Lunethex posted:

Yes, you're absolutely right. The fact we have to worry about Hero Power now is another reason the loot system is so bad because every item you get is powered based on your level. So if you aren't opening boxes at your highest possible strength it's all technically a waste anyway, and there's no upgrade option.

It doesn't seem that bad, once you have a high power character, all other characters of yours get the same power level drops at level 1. Got bright wizard to lvl 3 and got 3 power level 100 weapons. Only thing it really stops is letting your equip all the characters weapons right away and getting higher color weapons. And it seems the strongest items I have can be equipped by all characters so it kinda doesn't matter what quality weapons I have on the lower level characters other than that I like fighting with them.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Feb 19, 2018

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Sazabi posted:

That seems a bit much... I don't think we need to take the extra classes too seriously, they are wildly contradictory and can't be 'switched' between so easily. I would imagine they just pretend the default classes are the cannonical ones and build the story around that, with the extra classes just being fluff/flavour.

I expect the intro is similar to the first one, except they are more familiar with each other as they meet up in new town, and OMG there are Chaos, time to start the band again guys LOL.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Some weapons are career locked like the Ironbreaker's Drakegun, the Slayer's Dual Axes (which I presume to be a unique weapon its own) the Flail to Saltzpyre's Zealot, and the Empire Longbow to the Huntsman. The Elf Spear might end up getting locked to the Handmaiden as well.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Lunethex posted:

The Elf Spear might end up getting locked to the Handmaiden as well.

BLASPHEMY

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Lunethex posted:

Some weapons are career locked like the Ironbreaker's Drakegun, the Slayer's Dual Axes (which I presume to be a unique weapon its own) the Flail to Saltzpyre's Zealot, and the Empire Longbow to the Huntsman. The Elf Spear might end up getting locked to the Handmaiden as well.

oh, that explains a fuckload as to why i very definitely got drakeguns from boxes but couldn't see them in my inventory as the ranger

a fuckload more than the game explained to me, really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

can confirm slayer dual axes are considered their own weapon btw

• Locked thread