Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

My only real complaint about the loot is: What the hell were they thinking with the new Prometheus Lens ornament. Were they going for a "lovely white engram weapon" vibe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Roman posted:

My only real complaint about the loot is: What the hell were they thinking with the new Prometheus Lens ornament. Were they going for a "lovely white engram weapon" vibe?

It looks better in your hands than in preview, one hundred times over, but still it is soooooo bad. It makes the gun's default appearance look like a sick af Ornament by comparison lol

Business' new Ornament is real nice, tho basic.

G. Lance is :krad:

But holy crap is the Pro Lens one dire.

E: Wardcliff one is p.cool too.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 19, 2018

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

cvnvcnv posted:

Business' new Ornament is real nice, tho basic.

I like the concept of the heat staining on the ends of the barrels, but it's pretty poorly implemented. Still way better than the other ornament.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I just looked up the Pro Lens skin and wow, yeah, I don't even know what they were going for with that other than "common rarity weapon from a Cosmodrome resource chest"

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

How come this?

Titan slam is a joke. Use the class for double nades or only as a defensive super

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

Titan slam is a joke. Use the class for double nades or only as a defensive super

I'm a big fan of how Bungie tied the strength and reach of slam to how fast and high you're coming from, but they don't allow you to go truly fast or high.

:allears:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Is the range actually based on how high you were?

I activated the slam at the bottom of a staircase and landed at the top of the staircase, so I actually GAINED altitude during the slam.

That would explain why it didn't even drop his shields...

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I activated the slam at the bottom of a staircase and landed at the top of the staircase, so I actually GAINED altitude during the slam.

That would explain why it didn't even drop his shields...
oh my god this would be the dumbest thing but I believe it. base damage + (elevation lost * some multiplier). I wonder what the lowest possible damage is.

Edit: I interpreted "strength" to mean "damage" but clearly I'm having a different conversation.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

the good fax machine posted:

I like the concept of the heat staining on the ends of the barrels, but it's pretty poorly implemented. Still way better than the other ornament.

This was the first thing I noticed lol

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I can't source my quotes but I distinctly remember this, that not all slams are the same so instead of getting a whole bunch of D1 slams as a super, they're conditionally strengthed to your approach so a huge, fast leap in will obliterate everything but just running up makes it a small slam to take out out a Dreg, basically.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So basically I can expect it to not be poo poo sometime in March?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

cvnvcnv posted:

This was the first thing I noticed lol

I can't source my quotes but I distinctly remember this, that not all slams are the same so instead of getting a whole bunch of D1 slams as a super, they're conditionally strengthed to your approach so a huge, fast leap in will obliterate everything but just running up makes it a small slam to take out out a Dreg, basically.

One of the talent trees specifically calls out making slam strongee based on how far you fall on activation but who knows the base mechanic or even how that talent is calculated. This is the game where for months you had to specifically not finish learning the golden gun tree to avoid screwing yourself after all.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Coolness Averted posted:

This is the game where for months you had to specifically not finish learning the golden gun tree to avoid screwing yourself after all.

tell me more

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fist of havoc had its teeth removed. Me and cheese agree yr1 slam was way better.

Although I can advise anyone running striker to use the shoulder charge to get into range. Either before you activate or during the super. It makes you a harder target to hit and in super can kill weakened enemies in one shot.

Unless you get lucky though most of the time the best thing about slam is just scattering the enemy for your buddies to get easy kills.

The speed increase that's coming and masterwork giving you damage resist will help.

I wish they'd revert lighting to instant activation too, help break up that pulse meta a bit.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 19, 2018

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

SlimGoodbody posted:

tell me more

six shooter gave you six shots of golden gun, but also dramatically hurt your recharge timer, in PvE not that big of a deal, but in PvP you're already only getting maybe 1 ult per match -so you're now getting yours much later than everyone else, and it's not like those extra 3 shots were gonna do much work for you since they're 1 hit kills anyway. It also IIRC didn't increase the timer on golden gun, so it's not like you could full wipe the other team then shoot 2 of them as they respawned.

I'm sure someone will probably link to gifs of that actually happening before they fixed the whole "you can be murdered during respawn animations and the game doesn't care where it spawns you" days, but you get my point.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Unless I remember wrong, that's totally incorrect

Six Shooter used to cut the duration of the super itself down to like 4 seconds, and the damage was low enough that it wouldn't kill other roaming supers.

Now it doesn't matter because the duration for 3shot and 6shot are the same.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Six Shooter used to cut the duration of the super itself down to like 4 seconds, and the damage was low enough that it wouldn't kill other roaming supers.
Yeah they are both 8 seconds. 3 shot has precision damage

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Roman posted:

There's no Precision damage for "Six shooter without Six Shooter", right? You're comparing the top tree vs bottom tree?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Roman posted:

six shot has "significantly easier to hit" instead of the precision damage thing which weirds me out, they look like the same thing

I think it was meant to be a hip-shot vs. ADS thing

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 20, 2018

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ah, it even cut it? Like I said I never took it since everyone said it was an irreversible downgrade. I just remember people saying the 6 shots didn't even get enough time to be a useful trade off. But I also think I usually just ran the other tree, so just assumed it was still 1 hit kills on both trees and 6 shooter was just for 'whoopsies' on aim or pve since golden gun wouldn't 1 shot bosses, so it was more bullets to unload into them.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The big thing early with all the sweats was using the top tree with the 6 shot perk left blank.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah it had way more AA because of the other perks. So just leave the last one locked.

I have an idea for a game: Destiny 2 but good

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
It used to be base golden gun was 12 seconds, but 6shot was 6 seconds. Then they changed it to 8 seconds all around.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Coolness Averted posted:

One of the talent trees specifically calls out making slam strongee based on how far you fall on activation but who knows the base mechanic or even how that talent is calculated. This is the game where for months you had to specifically not finish learning the golden gun tree to avoid screwing yourself after all.

You still have to intentionally not finish the bottom Nightstalker tree.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah it had way more AA because of the other perks. So just leave the last one locked.

I have an idea for a game: Destiny 2 but good

Destiny 1?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

*Throws money at screen*

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I just played some D1 control to cleanse my palate of the D2 I played earlier. It was so much more active and abilities were everywhere and poo poo just feels better.

Of course in typical Bungo fashion, D1 Crucible still awards Trials coins.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Also, D1 Crucible matchmaking is surprisingly fast. Or maybe not so surprising.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

VJeff posted:

You still have to intentionally not finish the bottom Nightstalker tree.

okay what how have I never heard of any of this stuff

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

SlimGoodbody posted:

Don't feel bad. It was probably just lost in all the poo poo posting. And I'm assuming you don't read reddit so... :shrug:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SlimGoodbody posted:

Basically, Moebius Quiver tethers last a shorter amount of time, have a shorter range and don't sync with Orpheus Rig, the definitive Nightstalker exotic, because you won't start getting ability energy back until after your super bar is empty, by which time most of the tethers you've fired will be gone. At least in my experience, the tree is better without Moebius Quiver.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Anybody want to bang out a few doubles rounds? I'm on xbox

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I managed to wipe a team with golden gun once during the beta. And then never again.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
https://youtu.be/ShRf3X26YNM?t=33s

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
Doubles are a million times better than 4s ..... how the gently caress ?! What kind of weird time line did I stumble into haha at least I got my heart and sparrow.

Edit: gently caress me though I tried to get the engrams on my Alts... the pool is shallow as hell, same teams and people over and over, including try yards with nearly 2k crimson kills.

Killer_Bees! fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Feb 20, 2018

Blakkout
Aug 24, 2006

No thought was put into this.
Sounds like there are plans for a May expansion, and then another expansion in the fall. Which expansion is the TTK-sized one? I never bought Curse of Osiris, so I haven't played since that dropped. I don't think I'll be coming back until the big changes take effect.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Blakkout posted:

Sounds like there are plans for a May expansion, and then another expansion in the fall. Which expansion is the TTK-sized one? I never bought Curse of Osiris, so I haven't played since that dropped. I don't think I'll be coming back until the big changes take effect.

probably somewhere in between

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
We don't know much of anything for future expansions, except that the May expansion was taken back to the drawing board because it was going to be very similar in depth to Osiris and Bungie was genuinely surprised that Osiris wasn't acceptable.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
*steps into the FWC machine and views all possible destiny release histories, including the D1 release timeline*

I predict with great certainty that after the release of a short and badly recieved first DLC that there will be a considerable rework of the second DLC which will be delayed. The second DLC will be better but still thin and will not fix some of the critical issues.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The NM pulse is the best prize this time. Rampage, HC rounds, and pulses are getting buffed in March IIRC. Please pledge wisely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Roman posted:

The NM pulse is the best prize this time. Rampage, HC rounds, and pulses are getting buffed in March IIRC. Please pledge wisely.

ill pledge to the faction that isnt the fascist hell combination of single all-powerful rulers as chosen by the affluent of the city that also happen to be iron man cosplayers