Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Doggles posted:

Please refrain from any negative comments about my double-posting.

19F who had sex with 31M who is married

it's really sad that this girl got taken advantage of by a predator and feels guilty about it :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Doggles posted:

I [34m] do not want cable anymore. My live in GF [30f] thinks Im being cheap. Is mad.

Sure, they're paying an assload for cable, but there must be a deeper reason this woman thinks her boyfriend is being cheap...

EDIT: Oh, this guy's a charmer.

:spergin:

I hate to say it but I kind of side with him, shared expenses are shared expenses and luxuries are luxuries. She needs to pay for the cable or give it up.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My [25f] boyfriend [28m] of one year frequently comes home with significant unexplained injuries that he doesn’t want to talk about.

quote:

I don’t want to make him seem like a terrible person or anything. Brian is incredibly sweet, very kind both to me and others, and very gentle. But this is a really weird thing and I don’t know what to think about it.

We celebrated our one year anniversary about two weeks ago. We actually knew each other briefly way back in high school, but he left for a long time after he graduated, and had only just returned home when we met.

Part of what drew me to him was how gentle he was. I noticed it on our very first date. I trusted him enough to share a history with a very abusive girlfriend in my past, and he’s always been very cognizant of how he touches me and talks to me. I really appreciate it. Hes a big enough guy that he could pretty much break me in two if he wanted to, so its really lovely that he makes an effort to show that I don’t need to be afraid of his touch.

But, the entire time we’ve been together, he gets random, unexplained injuries. Normally its something like bruises on his body or his face, but there have been a couple times he has come home with deep lacerations (already bandaged) and once about four months ago I got a call in the early evening that he would be late getting home because he had a goddamned broken arm!

Early on in the relationship I figured it was his business so I didnt push too hard when he didnt seem to want to talk about why he was getting hurt.

But after we said our first “I love you’s” and especially after we moved in together (about the six-month mark), I figured I had a right to know what was beating the crap out of my partner. Just for the record, the frequency of these injuries range from like one a month to sometimes multiple times a week!

I started being a little firmer in asking for explanations, but he is very avoidant with them. Like, he will usually explain them away as a “work accident”, or “clumsiness”. I might accept that, but he works in an office for the IRS. I don’t think there are too many fist fights breaking out between government bureaucrats.

The time he broke his arm I really pushed for an answer, and he told me it was a motorcycle accident. At first I accepted that and fawned over him, but one of his work friends brought the bike back to our apartment for him, and there wasn’t a scratch on it. I pointed that out and he said something like “Yeah, lucky right?”

I’m not sure if it is connected or important, but Ill mention it. He frequently travels for work. Maybe once every couple of months he’ll have to go out of town to some random US city, usually for a couple days to maybe a week at a time. I dont really mind as he was pretty open that this would happen when we forst started dating, and I know the government likes their secrets, so I don’t mind him not sharing much info about them, but I have to wonder if it has something to do with him coming home with bruises on his face.

What do I do?? I love my boyfriend. I really, truly love him to death. He is the person I want to marry and get old with. But as someone who loves him, I am concerned that he is getting hurt doing something, and I think I have a right to know what the hell is getting him beat up, cut, and breaking bones. But his answers about this stuff is always so evasive. What do I do?

tl;dr: Boyfriend often returns home looking like he was in a WWE match and won’t explain why he is bruised and bloody. What is going on??

Fight club or secret agent?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

it's really sad that this girl got taken advantage of by a predator and feels guilty about it :smith:

I think we are going a bit far with sexual predator and being taken advantage of since she is an adult and willfully participated in the sex.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Doggles posted:

I [34m] do not want cable anymore. My live in GF [30f] thinks Im being cheap. Is mad.
I wouldn't apologize, but I'd also not act like him to begin with. I wouldn't be paying $60/mo for half of a cable bill. I'd also use my how and why questions like a big boy, like "Why are you paying $173/mo for cable?" "How do you expect us to pay for that with a child coming?" or "How am I cheap for wanting to reduce a recurring expense for something no one is using?"

It really annoys me when someone calls you cheap for wanting to eliminate a pointless expense. Cheap is avoiding necessary expenses, buying inferior quality products to "save" a dollar, inconveniencing your family for no good reason, or denying someone something that's important to them. Cheap isn't trying to remain solvent. Cheap isn't eliminating a $113/mo tv bill that comes on top of streaming services you actually use.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 19, 2018

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Doggles posted:

Sure, they're paying an assload for cable, but there must be a deeper reason this woman thinks her boyfriend is being cheap...

EDIT: Oh, this guy's a charmer.

:spergin:

He's not wrong but his way of going about it is, well, less than ideal. In an ideal world the moment he learned his gf had cable he would have :sever:ed and moved on to find someone else. Something like this is a fundamental incompatibility that he should not tolerate.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Three Olives posted:

I think we are going a bit far with sexual predator and being taken advantage of since she is an adult and willfully participated in the sex.

He’s probably been grooming her for a few years. She’s 19 now he probably “waited” for her to turn 18.

Dudes a predator.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Jesus gently caress $173 a month just for Cable??

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

Jesus gently caress $173 a month just for TV??

That sounds like internet cable and phone ultimate packages around here.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
paying 173/mo for cable in 2018 is in fact, stupid.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Baronjutter posted:

Jesus gently caress $173 a month just for TV??
It's TV plus internet, which is still stupid but believably stupid, not unbelievably stupid.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Baronjutter posted:

Probably started off as one of those "99/month" deals for X months with free* HBO, showtime, etc. Now that the promo period is over, she's getting charged for those premium channels and her bill is outrageous.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

We were paying $200 a month for internet/cable without any special packages, when I found out I was like are you loving kidding me and had AT&T gigabit fiber and TV installed for like $100 a month.

Galaxy Brain
Dec 13, 2017

by Lowtax
My (32F) Husband (33M) is resentful because I keep the house clean? Am I missing something?

We’ve been married for two years. I have three kids from a previous marriage (9, 6, 4) and we had a baby together two weeks ago.

Before my husband and I met, my parents bought the house we live in now as a real estate investment. It’s small, but pretty and in a nice neighborhood. After I divorced my ex, they offered it to me and my three kids (rent free) so I could get back on my feet.

I’m a clean person anyway, but especially because I was living in a place my parents own, I was careful to put a LOT of effort in the upkeep of the house, yard etc.

My husband is VERY messy and I knew that from the get go. His car and the room he was staying in when we met we’re both covered in trash, dirty laundry, etc. But he was a bachelor, he works long hours and just doesn’t find cleaning to be particularly important.

While that’s not particularly attractive, it didn’t bother me that much. It does now that we live together, of course, but I’ve learned to accept it. I can’t force him to think having a clean house is important, but it’s important to me so I just keep up with it myself.

When I got pregnant with our newest baby, I was put on bedrest pretty quickly and could only do the bare minimum. By the time I had the baby a couple weeks ago, the house and all the outside areas were completely trashed. :siren: I started working on it a couple days after coming home from the hospital :siren: and while I still have some big projects to do, things are clean and functional again on the inside of the house.

I guess I assumed that this would make my husband happy. I haven’t asked for his help at all. He works until late at night so I stay up to wait for him and spend an hour or so with him when he gets home. I spend a lot of time with the kids and take great care of our baby.

But instead, he’s gotten sullen and resentful. He thinks I’m being “manic” because I tidy up several times throughout the day. He thinks I should just let messes happen and then do one big clean at the end of the day. I explained that I don’t do that because it’s more work and I feel much less stressed during the day when things stay clean-ish. I don’t expect it to be perfect, of course. We have four kids. But I do make sure dirty dishes go in the dishwasher and I wipe up spills as they happen, straighten the living room periodically if no one is in there, etc.

Yesterday, my husband was off work and by the end of the day he was angry and confrontational with me about this. I honestly don’t understand. He says I wasn’t spending time with anyone... but our house is very small with a nice, open layout. It’s almost impossible to NOT interact. I wasn’t closed up in a room, just tidying up every once in a while and hanging out with the kids.

He went on to say that there’s not one place in our home that he feels comfortable in. He said that about a year ago, so I made our enclosed back patio into a sort of “man cave” for him. I bought a heavy bag he wanted and hung it back there along with a bunch of football signage and memorabilia. Got some comfy, manly furniture for it. Set up his hand saw and all his tools in one corner.

Now, that whole patio is so covered in trash/dirt/wood scraps/ etc etc. that you can’t even get onto it. So what am I supposed to do? He doesn’t have a spot that’s “his”... so I made one for him... but he didn’t take care of it and now it’s unusable to anyone. Our house is only two bedrooms, it’s not like I can just make him another one.

And why is it a big deal to him that I like a clean house and make the effort to keep it that way? He’s constantly trying to talk me out of feeling that way and I just don’t understand. I don’t give him a hard time or ask him to help. I just clean up his messes along with everyone else’s, so what’s the problem? I’m not asking him to care. So why is it an issue for him that I do?

Further than that, it does suck that he sees absolutely no value in how I spend my days at home. But I can’t change that, so oh well. Still, I want to understand why he’s so resentful about it. I’m not willing (or maybe even capable) not to keep things clean. How can I fix this?

No jury would convict her...

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

It's cool how using the transitive property you can determine that in response to calling someone cheap if they call paying for cable stupid, and you pay for cable, they called you stupid in a roundabout way

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Three Olives posted:

quote:

19F who had sex with 31M

quote:

So it started out as a church mentor relationship

quote:

he unexpectedly kissed me when we were alone in his house

quote:

I tried to pull away a few times, and set boundaries but failed

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

We're paying about $50 a month for internet and I freaked out a little at the suggestion of getting netflix. "But honey, you can eventually find a low quality stream, or hunt for and spend a few hours downloading a torrent for FREE!!! We're already paying for internet!" but she got it and netflix isn't expensive and it's convenient and makes me feel legal. That's my cable payment couples story.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Galaxy Brain posted:

My (32F) Husband (33M) is resentful because I keep the house clean? Am I missing something?

quote:

And why is it a big deal to him that I like a clean house and make the effort to keep it that way? He’s constantly trying to talk me out of feeling that way and I just don’t understand. I don’t give him a hard time or ask him to help. I just clean up his messes along with everyone else’s, so what’s the problem? I’m not asking him to care. So why is it an issue for him that I do?

He's a slovenly sack of poo poo and your cleaning makes him face that fact.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

La Brea Carpet posted:

My [25f] boyfriend [28m] of one year frequently comes home with significant unexplained injuries that he doesn’t want to talk about.

CIA/extreme secret BDSM club.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Ham Sandwiches posted:

It's cool how using the transitive property you can determine that in response to calling someone cheap if they call paying for cable stupid, and you pay for cable, they called you stupid in a roundabout way

In a roundabout way sort of but not really. There is a literal difference between saying that a certain thing is stupid and that people who participate in that thing are stupid. Plenty of non stupid people do stupid things, we all do really

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

La Brea Carpet posted:

Congrats on dating Batman! :unsmith:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

Secret carnival worker. By day he's an IRS employee, but at night he's the NASCAR bedecked miller high-life swilling red-haired son of a bitch whose tilt a whirl once launched a child clear into another county.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Galaxy Brain posted:

We’ve been married for two years. I have three kids from a previous marriage (9, 6, 4) and we had a baby together two weeks ago.

Before my husband and I met, my parents bought the house we live in now as a real estate investment. It’s small, but pretty and in a nice neighborhood. After I divorced my ex, they offered it to me and my three kids (rent free) so I could get back on my feet.

I’m a clean person anyway, but especially because I was living in a place my parents own, I was careful to put a LOT of effort in the upkeep of the house, yard etc.

My husband is VERY messy and I knew that from the get go. His car and the room he was staying in when we met we’re both covered in trash, dirty laundry, etc. But he was a bachelor, he works long hours and just doesn’t find cleaning to be particularly important.

While that’s not particularly attractive, it didn’t bother me that much. It does now that we live together, of course, but I’ve learned to accept it. I can’t force him to think having a clean house is important, but it’s important to me so I just keep up with it myself.

When I got pregnant with our newest baby, I was put on bedrest pretty quickly and could only do the bare minimum. By the time I had the baby a couple weeks ago, the house and all the outside areas were completely trashed. :siren: I started working on it a couple days after coming home from the hospital :siren: and while I still have some big projects to do, things are clean and functional again on the inside of the house.

I guess I assumed that this would make my husband happy. I haven’t asked for his help at all. He works until late at night so I stay up to wait for him and spend an hour or so with him when he gets home. I spend a lot of time with the kids and take great care of our baby.

But instead, he’s gotten sullen and resentful. He thinks I’m being “manic” because I tidy up several times throughout the day. He thinks I should just let messes happen and then do one big clean at the end of the day. I explained that I don’t do that because it’s more work and I feel much less stressed during the day when things stay clean-ish. I don’t expect it to be perfect, of course. We have four kids. But I do make sure dirty dishes go in the dishwasher and I wipe up spills as they happen, straighten the living room periodically if no one is in there, etc.

Yesterday, my husband was off work and by the end of the day he was angry and confrontational with me about this. I honestly don’t understand. He says I wasn’t spending time with anyone... but our house is very small with a nice, open layout. It’s almost impossible to NOT interact. I wasn’t closed up in a room, just tidying up every once in a while and hanging out with the kids.

He went on to say that there’s not one place in our home that he feels comfortable in. He said that about a year ago, so I made our enclosed back patio into a sort of “man cave” for him. I bought a heavy bag he wanted and hung it back there along with a bunch of football signage and memorabilia. Got some comfy, manly furniture for it. Set up his hand saw and all his tools in one corner.

Now, that whole patio is so covered in trash/dirt/wood scraps/ etc etc. that you can’t even get onto it. So what am I supposed to do? He doesn’t have a spot that’s “his”... so I made one for him... but he didn’t take care of it and now it’s unusable to anyone. Our house is only two bedrooms, it’s not like I can just make him another one.

Further than that, it does suck that he sees absolutely no value in how I spend my days at home. But I can’t change that, so oh well. Still, I want to understand why he’s so resentful about it. I’m not willing (or maybe even capable) not to keep things clean. How can I fix this?

Divorce, move out, when the alimony checks stop coming, have the cops do a welfare check, find him crushed to death beneath his own mess like a loving Collyer brother.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Baronjutter posted:

Nah, that's completely normal for a TV/internet package in America's hosed up market. My girlfriend's mom has DSL and satellite TV through AT&T and pays like $150/month for all the channels.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

We're paying about $50 a month for internet and I freaked out a little at the suggestion of getting netflix. "But honey, you can eventually find a low quality stream, or hunt for and spend a few hours downloading a torrent for FREE!!! We're already paying for internet!" but she got it and netflix isn't expensive and it's convenient and makes me feel legal. That's my cable payment couples story.

Do guys just have a joint account? We wouldn't even discuss something like Netflix, if he wanted it he would just get it and pay for it himself. Hell, he could show up with a new car tomorrow and I wouldn't care.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

My boyfriend [M,27] thinks that my [F,26] personal travel fund should be used toward couple expenses

quote:

So, a little back story. When I was a senior in college (22), I wanted to gift myself a backpacking trip to Europe as a graduation gift. Because of this, I started saving up my extra cash and storing it in my "Travel Fund." Unfortunately, the timing didn't work out and I was never able to go on my trip.

Fast forward one year to when I was 23, I started working for an amazing company that offers 6 weeks paid vacation for every 5 years of work. In a year and a half (Summer 2019), I will be 28 and it will mark the 5th year of my employment at said company. I decided, back when I got hired, that this was the perfect time to do my backpacking trip, so I got my time request in early. It was approved. This was before I met my SO.

So now, fast forward to last night. My boyfriend (of one year) and I were watching TV when I saw a commercial for a travel agency booking trips to Italy. I said, offhandedly, that I was excited to go to Venice on my trip that I had been planning out for the better part of 3.5 years. This was no news to him as I have brought it up many times whenever I think of a new idea of what to do in certain areas I'll be visiting. I've also told him that I would love for him to join me on my trip because it would be an amazing experience (and I believed we'd be together when the time comes). He's always been super casual about it saying things like, "If I have the money" and "That would be cool, we'll see."

However, last night he said, "You're still planning to go on that trip?" as if I somehow had changed my mind on what I had been looking forward to for so long. When I said, "Absolutely!" and asked why he thought otherwise, he told me he imagined I'd be putting that money toward building a life with him i.e., having a wedding, buying a house, etc. I was honestly shocked because living together, let alone marriage, had never even entered as a topic of discussion in the past, and now it's suddenly on the table and in the least romantic way.

I let him know that this has been something that I personally have been planning to do, alone or with a SO (it doesn't matter to me). But just because he thought one way, didn't mean I would be giving up my plans, or my money I've worked hard to save. He went ape poo poo on me! He was screaming saying that I didn't care enough about our future together and that all I wanted to do was to "go traipsing across Europe, acting single and not care whether he was a part of my life."

I'm so upset with how he freaked out on me about this. And to be honest, it doesn't really make me super excited to start any kind of life with him if he is already acting entitled to my funds. Am I wrong to be upset about this??

Other info - I have a little more than $10,000 saved up specifically for this trip. Ideally more when the time comes to actually start booking everything. Not sure if all will be spent, however.

I have a separate account for savings that I would've dipped into to contribute to this fictional wedding that was never brought up before. This account's balance is more than my travel fund, so I'm not sure why my BF is overreacting about me using my travel fund for, ya know, traveling.
I wanted to move slow with this relationship because of issues I've had in the past with intimacy. This is why I never pushed moving in together or brought up the prospect of marriage.

tl;dr My boyfriend of one year thinks I should be using my personal travel fund towards moving in together and having a wedding (both of which were not previously discussed) instead of going on a trip I've planned for years before I had even met him. He freaked out on me when I said no and now I'm unsure if I want to continue the relationship. Am I in the wrong?

Top comment:

quote:

Pop on over to r/travel and they'll set you up with all the nice places you can go to enjoy yourself as a newly single lady once you've dropped this jerk.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Three Olives posted:

Do guys just have a joint account? We wouldn't even discuss something like Netflix, if he wanted it he would just get it and pay for it himself. Hell, he could show up with a new car tomorrow and I wouldn't care.

what if it had a backup camera

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Three Olives posted:

We just talk about pretty much all expenses. It's only $10 a month but all those little "just X a month" charges can really add up.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

i pay ~$185 for cable + internet.

Preferred Cable package - $85
HBO - $20
Sports Package - $10
2 boxes - $10

Internet - $50

then taxes and fees. that's not really ~*outrageous*~. I could probably cut it down by 30 bucks if i got rid of the sports package and reduced down to the standard cable package, but then by the time i subscribe to disney's streaming service or whatever so my child can rot his brain on doc mcstuffins that's less appealing

big trivia FAIL fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 19, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

HBO go would literally be cheaper than what you're passing for it now

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

By $5? Whoa nelly

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
My (20F) boyfriend (20M) of three weeks deleted the majority of my old photos.

quote:

I've never been one to post photos on social media, but I've always kept collections in separate Dropbox accounts. Of course, this included pictures I've taken with my exes and such.

I was best friends with my current boyfriend before getting together for over a year, so he knew about these Dropbox accounts and what they contained.

I just found out that he went through them and deleted any pictures from before we got together, and I'm incredibly upset. I started crying when I realized what he had done, and he got mad at me, thinking it was because of some lingering feelings. I can understand how they might make him feel insecure, but I've tried to explain to him over and over that I keep the photos only because I have nice memories attached to them.

Now he's giving me the cold shoulder and trying to pin this on me. He says I'm emotionally cheating on him by having them, but I literally don't do anything with him besides have them. I can't tell where I stand right now.

tl;dr: Boyfriend deleted any pictures of my past because they contained those with ex-boyfriends. He's blaming this on me and saying that I'm emotionally cheating on him by having these pictures.

delete him by :murder:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

rear end cobra posted:

She might be able to undelete some of them if she works quickly. After the :murder:, of course.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Barudak posted:

Secret carnival worker. By day he's an IRS employee, but at night he's the NASCAR bedecked miller high-life swilling red-haired son of a bitch whose tilt a whirl once launched a child clear into another county.

In his defense, the county line was only 300 yards away.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Baronjutter posted:

If you break down the prices, probably 'only' about $100 of that is cable. TV is loving expensive if you don't get the most bare-bones package, and cable companies will limit a lot of popular channels to the more expensive packages.

Of course that OP found the worst possible way to go 'uh, hey, we're getting ripped off here' to his GF.

big trivia FAIL posted:

i pay ~$185 for cable + internet.

Preferred Cable package - $85
HBO - $20
Sports Package - $10
2 boxes - $10

Internet - $50

then taxes and fees. that's not really ~*outrageous*~. I could probably cut it down by 30 bucks if i got rid of the sports package and reduced down to the standard cable package, but then by the time i subscribe to disney's streaming service or whatever so my child can rot his brain on doc mcstuffins that's less appealing
If it makes you feel better, other people with cable are subsidizing your prices a whole lot since you watch sports channels(even factoring in that you're paying for a separate sports package). ESPN alone makes up about $9 of the cost of the average cable bill.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Doggles posted:

Please refrain from any negative comments about my double-posting.

19F who had sex with 31M who is married
Uuuh, given the ages did he start when she was underage? Does that count as getting molested? I'm p sure it does.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

PetraCore posted:

Uuuh, given the ages did he start when she was underage? Does that count as getting molested? I'm p sure it does.

Isn’t this a similar set of circumstances that led to the ‘Zombaby’ thread years back? Older dude takes a young, naive girl under his wing as a ‘religious mentor’?

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

rear end cobra posted:

Is it not incredibly normal to have some memorabilia from old relationships? Like has this dude never dated anyone else before or something

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Gluten Freeman posted:

My boyfriend [M,27] thinks that my [F,26] personal travel fund should be used toward couple expenses

Top comment:

Is this in the US? I have to assume it is; where else would a wopping 1.2 paid vacation weeks a year be seen as amazing?

Oh yeah and also she should start taking 52 weeks per year of vacation from her idiot boyfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Heavy neutrino posted:

Is this in the US? I have to assume it is; where else would a wopping 1.2 paid vacation weeks a year be seen as amazing?

Oh yeah and also she should start taking 52 weeks per year of vacation from her idiot boyfriend.
That stood out to me too. Considering she calls the company amazing maybe it means a bonus 6 weeks every fifth year on top of regular vacation?