Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
8 was surprisingly decent, but I admit I may have had low expectations from 5 and 6, and I skipped 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Spacebump posted:

You'd think they wouldn't have problem with rewarding all 30 of us Wii U owners. It seems like just yesterday fools were glad Club Nintendo was ending because the rewards weren't good enough. I miss getting free games instead of watching my coins expire while looking at an image that says Switch Rewards Coming Soon.

I have the first MMLC on 3ds but I will at least buy #2 on day 1.

Welcome to the Club Nintendo Australia has always had.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I remember having a very pleasant conversation on the phone with a guy from Nintendo of Australia back in the day where he straight out admitted that they have literally no control of their website or anything and the rewards were whatever random leftover stock Nintendo of Europe decided to send them each month (which is why they always had nothing in stock and nothing of any value listed).

He was quite apologetic, really.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don't think anybody was "glad" Club Nintendo was ending. The sentiment was more like "no big loss."

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

I don't think anybody was "glad" Club Nintendo was ending. The sentiment was more like "no big loss."

I was happy to see it go purely to see how they were going to make it even more disappointing.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

iajanus posted:

I was happy to see it go purely to see how they were going to make it even more disappointing.

And boy, did they not not disappoint!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I got a Pikmin 3 totebag from Club Nintendo, as well as a really nice 3DS carrying pouch from them. This beats the sum total of nothing I've gotten from My Nintendo.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I got a 1-UP mushroom tote from Club Nintendo. I never really used it until recently when I decided it was time to retire my signed Swans tote after all that stuff came out about how Michael Gira probably raped that lady.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I think I'm gonna shelve bayonetta until I move into my new place, I'm gonna get a new TV when I do. There's been some really cool spectacle even just in the first few chapters that I think would be really impressive if I wasn't playing on a poo poo tv.

It's a fuckin sweet game though.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I hope bayonetta 3 has a bloody palace (gorgeous palace?), that's literally the only thing missing from the series

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Hey Switch thread - I’m an old man that has been convinced that decades of mmo/western rpgs/racing made me miss out on all the fun stuff console kids got. The PS4 release of SotC is largely responsible.

So I impulse bought my first Nintendo console the switch today! Primarily for commuting and to play with my kids. Got BotW and Mario Kart. Pre-ordered cardboard craft stuff too cause my 5 year old is going to loving love that poo poo - she spends hours watching DIY on kids YouTube, last night she converted my wife’s nail file into a ruler/nail file hybrid so mummy could work while doing her nails.

Anyway, this thing is so small! I thought it would be bigger and I’m glad it isn’t - perfect for train gaming, I’ve already managed to get lost in my first Zelda game. Cool stuff.

Is bayonetta any good? I heard good things but the screens I’ve seen are a bit, uh, risqué and I am in public...Mario kart is good and chill.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Bayonetta is incredibly good but you do need to be careful about playing it in public; if you play like a scrub, you'll get heckled on the social media

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Of course I only realise in the last chapter of Bayonetta that you can buy whole witches hearts from Rodin.

(Also gently caress whoever decided to throw in a shitload of button mashing qte's in the Jeanne fight. My poor arm and pro-controller.)

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Manky posted:

Bayonetta is incredibly good but you do need to be careful about playing it in public; if you play like a scrub, you'll get heckled on the social media

Does that mean I have to install the Facebook? Cause that’s a bridge too far.

eShop is better than PS Store, it actually searches keywords.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
The worst thing about playing Bayonetta in public is Kamiya is out there somewhere too, and if he sees you playing bad he'll smack the Switch out of your loving hands.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

squirrelzipper posted:

Does that mean I have to install the Facebook? Cause that’s a bridge too far.

Nah,

Not Operator posted:

The worst thing about playing Bayonetta in public is Kamiya is out there somewhere too, and if he sees you playing bad he'll smack the Switch out of your loving hands.

This is what I meant

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Not Operator posted:

Sold. Should I get a screen prote

Manky posted:

Nah,

This is what I meant

Yeah I was being facetious. Bayonetta bundle (1&2) bought. So my current gaming landscape is PS4 P5, SotC, Bloodborne & Switch BotW, Mario Kart and Bayonetta 1&2.

Sorry kids, daddy’s busy until Easter!

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I finished Fe the other day, and I enjoyed it enough to go back and find all the collectibles.
Very chill platformer with some light collectathon & metroidvania elements, really beautiful art and music conveys the atmosphere very well.

I think I might replay it one day because I'm still not exactly sure what was going on with the story and I suspect ending the game after 100%ing all the stuff may shed more light.

Also Rime just got a pretty substantial patch, I'm still curious about that game so maybe now's a good time to jump in
Here's the full list of changes:
    Increased visual fidelity, bloom and post-processing
    Sharpened image resolution
    Opening Cinematics visually improved
    Fixed possible stage exploits that would enable players to skip parts of the stages
    Increased texture quality in specific areas
    Increased view distance
    Fixed an issue with foliage density, shadows, and render distances
    Updated texture mipmaps for the Fox
    Improved global mipmaps
    Improved shadow distance and quality
    Fixed instances of foliage pops
    Stabilized FPS
    Optimized the Boys cape and hair physics
    Rebuilt streaming volumes
    Fixed an issue that allowed you to see outside of the map in later stages
    Updated lighting to prevent bleed through
    Updated the quality of trees in earlier stages where they would display poorly
Sounds like they put some major effort in at the very least

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Inferior Third Season posted:

Now I want a Mega Man Legends 1/2 port. Also for them to make Legends 3.

:smith:

It'll happen!

One day.

One day... :negative:.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

I think I'm gonna shelve bayonetta until I move into my new place, I'm gonna get a new TV when I do. There's been some really cool spectacle even just in the first few chapters that I think would be really impressive if I wasn't playing on a poo poo tv.

It's a fuckin sweet game though.

Lmao just you wait, you haven’t seen anything yet.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Al Borland Corp. posted:

MML2 seems to be a digital download even if you buy the cart. How big is it? It feels like the first legacy collection should be small enough it wouldn't push a cart up a size

I still think this is loving stupid.

From what other people are saying, LC1 barely makes 300MB, and LC2 hits 5-6 GB. They could easily fit on a single cart but clearly this is the lazy way out instead of making a menu to play all 10 games from straight up.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Does it also mean that if I buy it and sell it later on that whoever I sell it to is only getting the first collection and the second is forever stuck with me?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Exactly.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Pierson posted:

2) Is Celeste really as good as everyone says it is?
Yes, it is.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I still think this is loving stupid.

From what other people are saying, LC1 barely makes 300MB, and LC2 hits 5-6 GB. They could easily fit on a single cart but clearly this is the lazy way out instead of making a menu to play all 10 games from straight up.

Even then they could have just had a simple splash screen to boot up each half. I don’t understand why they’re doing it this way.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

That would also have worked too. But nope have that horrible system that doesn't really make any sense.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Splitting up two collections onto one card and one digital code is the dumbest loving thing.

Maybe they'll put both on physical media in Japan like Bayonetta 1+2, but I doubt it.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It'll happen!

One day.

One day... :negative:.

It will be crowdfunded as a spiritual successor in 2021 and it will suck.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 will be a really good fit for the Switch

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The new Doom patch gives the game motion controls.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

GreenNight posted:

Oh poo poo for real?? That bumps it significantly up my queue if they're implemented well

Motion controls for shooty games are so satisfying

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m in Tokyo for the week and thought hey maybe I’ll pick up that Bayonetta special edition

Half the shops I asked are like “please let me know if you find it I’ve been looking for it” and the other half literally are selling imported American copies because they come with the download code for 1 and telling people how to redeem off the US eshop

Soooo I guess those are rare, but to be fair the “special edition” price here is cheaper than buying Bayo1+2 for some reason

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

GreenNight posted:

Have they released the patch notes? I hope it's the case that id or Bethesda found a way to do motion controls. Splatoon and BotW have spoiled me with them.

Edit: Looks like a patch with gyro aiming did drop, sick!

https://twitter.com/names2hard4you/status/965773542041120769

jetpackhewy fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 20, 2018

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Pierson posted:

2) Is Celeste really as good as everyone says it is?

Yes. I could write way too many words about this, but that would most likely just be noise in the thread. Everyone needs to play Celeste. Extremely good story and theme behind the game that I didn't expect at all. Very relatable characters, and a great soundtrack. You don't have to be a great platformer to play it, and the A stages are all very beginner friendly with the intention to teach you into the post-story content. The difficulty wall goes way up from there with the B Sides and such, but first they give you 12-15 hours of the progressively harder levels through the story. I'm only up to 4B, but won't be putting it down until I have 100% for sure. It's a perfect pickup for 30 minutes or so, throw a few attempts, game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I’m in Tokyo for the week and thought hey maybe I’ll pick up that Bayonetta special edition

Half the shops I asked are like “please let me know if you find it I’ve been looking for it” and the other half literally are selling imported American copies because they come with the download code for 1 and telling people how to redeem off the US eshop

Soooo I guess those are rare, but to be fair the “special edition” price here is cheaper than buying Bayo1+2 for some reason

Yeah, from what I can tell the Non-Stop Climax Edition sold out shortly after pre-orders went up and they're going for $180-200+ on eBay right now.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Celeste is the current essential indie game and ill play it when theres no hype and it costs 5 bucks next year cause bayo/kirby is my line up now for the future

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hot drat, DooM got gyro aiming.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Halfway through the third chapter of DQ Builders and the burnout is starting for real. The game is fantastic, but I'm thinking I might have enjoyed it even more if I'd spaced out each chapter around playing other games. As it stands, I probably will skip out on Terra Incognita after I finish and will maybe come back to it much later when I'm in a building mood.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I beat Bayonetta! :toot:

Mind, by "beat" I mean I was doing badly enough that I caved and dialed the difficulty down to easy so I could at least get to the end. What a wild ride that was! Really, really good loving game. Hot drat.

I have no interest in replaying levels for high scores... and judging by how badly I did it would be a fool's errand anyway, so I will just move on to the sequel. Can't wait to see what it's like!

Also I'm glad to see my impression that Bayonetta is a cool and classy lady was 100% accurate. Good. I like her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So I hate gyro aiming.

Or I thought I did.

In both handheld and using the Pro it felt sooooo bad. I couldn't do anything.

:negative: You're supposed to do it with split Cons.
It's like night and day.

• Locked thread