Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

SEX BURRITO posted:

I never knew that. Looked it up on the Wikipedia page and apparently they planned a storyline where Krusty was Homer’s secret identity. That would have been pretty complicated.

Yeah they pretty much dropped the idea even way back in season 1. It was another wacky idea like Marge having bunny ears under her hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah they pretty much dropped the idea even way back in season 1. It was another wacky idea like Marge having bunny ears under her hair.

I'm surprised they haven't just rolled with those ideas for the new episodes.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Both of bart's heroes (krusty and radioactive man) look like versions of homer

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Iron Crowned posted:

Krusty was designed to look like Homer :ssh:

Yeah but I don't think that your father secretly being a television clown was common in the 90s

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Homer being Krusty and Marge having bunny ears were their plans for if they got canceled in the first season.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

PostNouveau posted:

Homer being Krusty and Marge having bunny ears were their plans for if they got canceled in the first season.

*time travelling old man appears*

would you like to see the alternative future where the Simpsons was cancelled in season 1?

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
So, are we pretty much in agreement that at this point Family Guy is better than The Simpsons?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Junk posted:

So, are we pretty much in agreement that at this point Family Guy is better than The Simpsons?

new simpsons is so bad, so very bad that modern family is funnier than the simpsons

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
the new simpsons is so bad, i would rather read the jokes people submit to Readers Digest

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Junk posted:

Modern Simpsons, yes, but nothing touches the good seasons of the Simpsons.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*infinite arguing over whether season 9 or 10 was the last Good Season*

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

SeANMcBAY posted:

Modern Simpsons, yes, but nothing touches the good seasons of the Simpsons.

yeah this is what I meant

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SeANMcBAY posted:

Those were pretty much all things in the early 90s still. A lot of TVs, including mine, had dials and while my family had cable, a huge amount of my friend’s households didn’t. I think the 555 area code thing is still used in movies and tv now.

retards cant stop from calling numbers they see/hear/read

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

THE BAR posted:

She lusts for Homer, as all female celebrity voices do.

ugh, yeah this happens all the loving time

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Junk posted:

On principle I'm gonna have to say no, but there's no way I'm actually gonna watch both enough to have an informed opinion.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

hello everyone, we all know that my opinion is the only one that matters and I'm happy to finally post in the thread so that it can be closed for good, I'm sorry that I was not able to do so sooner but frankly I had better things to do

anyway, I am here to confirm that the Keisha Tik Tok intro was the lowest point of the Simpsons, that is an indisputable true fact, I've been told that the Wikipedia entry is being edited now to reflect this

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Junk posted:

Nah, Family Guy is it's own special kind of bad.

Like their whole shtick now is to:
1. Tell the joke
2. explain the joke
3. Have another character ask about the joke
4. explain the joke again.

That or have everything either be a movie reference, but not even a joke, just a movie scene but with Family Guy, or some monkeycheese cutaway gag.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
The lowest point of the Simpsons was a forum of losers that definitely hate the show and never watch it, while also knowing the plot, guests and cast members while simultaneously knowing exactly how Family Guy works while never seeing it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

504 posted:

The lowest point of the Simpsons was a forum of losers that definitely hate the show and never watch it, while also knowing the plot, guests and cast members while simultaneously knowing exactly how Family Guy works while never seeing it.

Whoa you really got their number dude

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

ExplodingSims posted:

, or some purple monkey dishwasher cutaway gag.

Ftfy

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Krusty is based on an old TV clown. A specific clown called Rusty Nails who was/is working in Portland. Krusty is basically a callous, sellout parody of Rusty, who is genuinely a good dude that hosts a show on local TV for cheap.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

ExplodingSims posted:

Nah, Family Guy is it's own special kind of bad.

Like their whole shtick now is to:
1. Tell the joke
2. explain the joke
3. Have another character ask about the joke
4. explain the joke again.

That or have everything either be a movie reference, but not even a joke, just a movie scene but with Family Guy, or some monkeycheese cutaway gag.

You need to stick some ‘ironic’ racism or anti-semitism in there. It’s ok guys, we make fun of everyone!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Zeniel posted:

The episode that really had me giving up on the Simpsons came much later, I think, it was the one guest starred Stan Lee. Like seriously the dialogue in that episode is atrocious. And it's literally about Bart writing a webcomic that becomes popular. A horribly, unfunny webcomic.

I mean it does have the one gag in it where Stan Lee tries to cram a Thing action figure into the bat mobile, that was funny.

But then it's got poo poo like the line "My spidee senses tingling... Wait I did I say spidee? I meant stinky"

Ugh like seriously, someone rewatch that episode and tell me it's not some of the worst written dialogue.

"THAT'S OPINION, NOT NEWS!" was a good bit in Bart's animated web comic though

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

so im watching the langoliers and they had a mini exchange about the northern lights being sighted in such and such place at such and such time of year and it came out just shy of a year before 22SFAS. not saying its the inspiration but thats some good synchronicity

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pelosi de Bundi posted:

*time travelling old man appears*

would you like to see the alternative future where the Simpsons was cancelled in season 1?

*Everyone grows up quoting Family Dog or Fish Police or something*

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Milo and POTUS posted:

so im watching the langoliers and they had a mini exchange about the northern lights being sighted in such and such place at such and such time of year and it came out just shy of a year before 22SFAS. not saying its the inspiration but thats some good synchronicity

that movie is awesome

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Razorwired posted:

Krusty is based on an old TV clown. A specific clown called Rusty Nails who was/is working in Portland. Krusty is basically a callous, sellout parody of Rusty, who is genuinely a good dude that hosts a show on local TV for cheap.

I knew that, but for some reason until you dropped "Nails" I never noticed that you can just add K to Rusty and get Krusty :psyduck:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The best part of this thread was that it got me to click on the Simpsons memes thread which is borderline pyschadelic

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Family Guy has gotten better in its later seasons since it pretty much dropped any pretense of being a proper sitcom and just became a full-on sketch show/joke factory for the writers to dump all their excess material. Yeah the plots are garbage and there's probably more misses than hits but at least the show still knows how to tell a good joke from time to time and isn't viscerally uncomfortable to sit through like modern simpsons is. American Dad is better than both by some margin though

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Bust Rodd posted:

The best part of this thread was that it got me to click on the Simpsons memes thread which is borderline pyschadelic

To be clear, do you mean the Meme thread or is there one even more dedicated to Simpsons shitposting?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Iron Crowned posted:

I knew that, but for some reason until you dropped "Nails" I never noticed that you can just add K to Rusty and get Krusty :psyduck:

holy poo poo

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Warbird posted:

To be clear, do you mean the Meme thread or is there one even more dedicated to Simpsons shitposting?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3846107

Simpsons Meme thread.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Code Jockey posted:

holy poo poo

Krusty Venture.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I’m going to say what I think everyone is hesitant to say and that current Family Guy is better than current Simpsons. I mean, at the very least they toned down the annoying monkeycheese cutaways the 13 year olds in 2007 liked

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
I think they did all the clipshow episode ideas too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-z-puGaImE

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
If you stopped watching before Spring '04, you've missed half of all Simpsons episodes.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The current midpoint of Simpsons episodes is January or February of '04.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
food goes in here

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
what was the one where selma tried to get pregnant by spermjacking ned flanders but got stymied by the loving dog eating it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

what was the one where selma tried to get pregnant by spermjacking ned flanders but got stymied by the loving dog eating it

:chloe: