Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Traveler's Judgement 5 is a Last Hope sidearm with better stats and Armor Piercing.

Applied to Overchill as Pooka#11862

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Also applied to Overchill as Godmode#11672

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

All right, I did my part and kicked 31 people in HOTDOG to make the roster 69 total players. That seems fair. Now 55 players.

HOTDOG PARTY and TASTY HOT DOGGOS, if you're active, pile in. I'll kick plenty more.

Those who are kicked, if you are lurking, you know there's always room when you return. I think I can safely say I'll see many of you in May.
I left Hot Dog Party and would like to be approved for Hotdog. name is YunsSA#1770

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I just wish the game could stop giving me exotic gloves and the 10th Stag helmet and instead give me power 330 boots so I can replace the 324 ones I have and be done with this, jfc.

orcane fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Feb 17, 2018

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I wish we got more than a piecemeal exotic weapons patch over a month from now

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Bungie's apparent lack of urgency and what my baseball coach called "hustle" is pretty amazing when even the president of Activision is calling out their game's failures in public record. It seems like they should be publicly busting their rear end to turn it around. If they are, they're not doing a good job of showing it. Is it possible they're under the impression that it's going well?

Imagined fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Feb 17, 2018

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Imagined posted:

Bungie's apparent lack of urgency and what my baseball coach called "hustle" is pretty amazing when even the president of Activision is calling out their game's failures in public record. It seems like they should be publicly busting their rear end to turn it around. If they are, they're not doing a good job of showing it. Is it possible they're under the impression that it's going well?

They are bad and unorganized and literally incapable of doing so.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

They're not lazy, they don't give a gently caress

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

They're not lazy, they don't give a gently caress

Coincidentally that's exactly how the people who used to like these games feel too.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Yeah if they just made pvp matchmaking less awful I'd still play. Alas

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.
Just applied to join Serious Overchilll if someone could accept, as ClericShiv

Super 3 fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 18, 2018

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Imagined posted:

If they are, they're not doing a good job of showing it. Is it possible they're under the impression that it's going well?

I mean, you could check any of their lead community people's (deej, cosmo, a_dmg04) or director's (chris barrett) twitter. Or you could check their weekly update of all the things they're trying to fix. Or the long list of poo poo they're pandering to reddit with. It's all there as to what they're trying to do. Sure it's not fast in any way shape or form, but they are dealing with a spaghetti again of bad decisions that the live team is digging out. :shrug:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

AAB posted:

I mean, you could check any of their lead community people's (deej, cosmo, a_dmg04) or director's (chris barrett) twitter. Or you could check their weekly update of all the things they're trying to fix. Or the long list of poo poo they're pandering to reddit with. It's all there as to what they're trying to do. Sure it's not fast in any way shape or form, but they are dealing with a spaghetti again of bad decisions that the live team is digging out. :shrug:

Too little too late.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
it’ll be enough to get the total player population back up to a million DAUs but PC will probably forever be a wasteland yeah

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

AAB posted:

I find this image more depressing than actually helpful.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
3 months from now I can look forward to an increase in vault space. WOOO HOOO

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Spanish Manlove posted:

3 months from now I can look forward to an increase in vault space. WOOO HOOO

It's literally just 50 slots for your vault. That's been confirmed.

I also like how the only interesting things on the list, the only things that are actual content are things all listed as possibly being pushed back. Which pretty much means they -will- be pushed back. It's absurd that they put off doing any of that for so long. That they're more worried about punishing PVP quitters than fixing the reason people keep quitting in the first place, and just don't give a gently caress because they already have everyone's money until this next DLC launches.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
source your reddit posts

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nuebot posted:

It's literally just 50 slots for your vault. That's been confirmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
If they want people back on PC they need all of those changes and more, live, either before or on the release of their next expansion. You need people to basically come back to a new game or they're just gonna leave again after running their 8,000th public event that gets ruined because a couple guys didn't know how to turn it heroic.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

Too little too late.

the point wasn't if they're getting enough done. hell, I think its a load of poo poo to have these dumb one off one week events to artificially inflate players doing more of the same crap. my point was that they do have a solid outlet for where they're publishing what they're doing in an organized fashion. Its not enough and it's poo poo they have to recover from it, but they certainly have a direction of some sort and are sharing that.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Games that reward their communities and maintain great communications with them:

Rainbow 6 Siege (Ubisoft’s most non-sports game in a decade)
Overwatch (Blizzard’s burgeoning e-sport heavyweight)
Warframe (Sub-100 person studio averaging 40K players on at all times and sometimes 70-76K players at peak times)

Destiny 2: You can expect minor inventory management upgrades a year after the game comes out on PC and our only expansion so far was 3 story missions, a planet no one goes to because it only has 1 event and you can ride your sparrow, and 15 new guns but only 3 fun ones.

I just can’t imagine a scenario where the Bungie staff think this is going well. There PC player base is atrophying at an exponential rate, and there’s nothing to even keep the tryhards.

Pseudophile
Dec 25, 2007

I've been playing since release. Not every day, but enough to knock out (most)milestones every week. Last night I finally got an Orpheus Rig! Xur insisted on giving me weapons for three weeks before the fated finally rolled one.

Hot drat it was worth the wait.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Applied to Serious Overchill, same name, please invite me I love game pals

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Their only silver lining as far as I see it is that with their non-subscription model and the internet, if they ever do release something worthwhile, their second wind might actually gain some traction. Big if though.

I think I could see myself coming back for a second chance one time, so they really need to nail that moment. Beginning of Season 3 in May(!) and everything up to it looks like loving peanuts though, doesn't sell it to me at all. If they don't loving make a categorical overhaul, people will just drift back in dribs and drabs, get disappointed and never bother again. And then they'll lose the opportunity to recoup much of their losses, most likely.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I applied to Hotdog as MillVillage#1353.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mill Village posted:

I applied to Hotdog as MillVillage#1353.

I accepted you friend.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Jeza posted:

Their only silver lining as far as I see it is that with their non-subscription model and the internet, if they ever do release something worthwhile, their second wind might actually gain some traction. Big if though.

It worked well when people got sick of Taken King and left, that the April Update brought a lot of people back. Thing is, it was free.

Destiny 1 + DLC was a bad value proposition, and it took the model of "$60 New User, $30 Yearly Upgrade, All Updates Are Free" before people started talking about the franchise in really glowing terms for a bit. We knew D2 would be coming out when Rise of Iron was announced, and everybody knew everyone would be asked to start all over with the $60 buy-in again, and to many people it wasn't an unreasonable ask; but I don't think anyone expected the DLC1+2 model to return.

The other thing about "$60 New, $30 Continuing" is that people didn't really care as much that the game's progression was shorter, that the game didn't have public easy-type raids or anything like that, there was less sandbox bitching but I don't think the sandbox was any less flawed. Random rolls were a bad implementation of a good idea (we SHOULD have different varieties of the same gun, we should not be breaking them down scores of them waiting for the right one, perk assignment should be a progression model of it's own), but at $30 annually you have happy stockholm syndrome players convincing themselves that playing for the randomly assigned uber-roll is actually fun and in no way a huge waste of their time, and you have the people who have reached effectively "the end of Destiny" as far as their ability to make progress is concerned and they don't mind shutting it off and going to other games until the next content drop because it's only $30.

If they were going to be doing DLC1+2, they should be doing DLC1 last month or now, and DLC2 in June, and DLC1 should not have been as sparse as it was. Some of this was specific to PC players because the DLC launched moments after console exclusivity wore off, but better to just let the base game simmer a bit and then drop a good DLC than immediately rush out a half-baked one and tell everyone that it's okay because the Season Pass content is heavily tilted toward the second release.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Just applied for a move from Tasty Hot Doggos to Hotdog.

EDIT: Oh, accepted, thanks.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Bust Rodd posted:

I just can’t imagine a scenario where the Bungie staff think this is going well. There PC player base is atrophying at an exponential rate, and there’s nothing to even keep the tryhards.

Of course they think it's fine, I preordered the whole game and expansions and now they are enjoying the breeze at the Bahamas with my money and the money of dorks like me.

It's actually my fault guys and I am truly sorry.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

limaCAT posted:

Of course they think it's fine, I preordered the whole game and expansions and now they are enjoying the breeze at the Bahamas with my money and the money of dorks like me.

Maybe the execs are. Devs are probably toiling away in the expansion/Destiny 3 mines.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I dont think this game will ever be a lifestyle game or whatever but Ill probably still buy the expansions and play it every so often provided that the new expansions arent as anemic as CoO

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
My main problem with it now has nothing to do with the lack of things to do, it's that the rewards for doing them are so boring. I'm not smart enough to quantify why but the loot is just never exciting. Everything is just the tiniest bit of upgrade or sidegrade, visually it's well done but dull, the stats feel meaningless except for power level, and after you've played a bit at Max level you just keep getting 50 versions of the same thing. I don't mind being in your Skinner box, but I need tastier pellets.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Imagined posted:

My main problem with it now has nothing to do with the lack of things to do, it's that the rewards for doing them are so boring. I'm not smart enough to quantify why but the loot is just never exciting. Everything is just the tiniest bit of upgrade or sidegrade, visually it's well done but dull, the stats feel meaningless except for power level, and after you've played a bit at Max level you just keep getting 50 versions of the same thing. I don't mind being in your Skinner box, but I need tastier pellets.

Agreed this game needs way more items. And the items need to be more interesting

It feels bad taking 5 engrams back to decrypt and they all end up being dupes of my current armour or something :/

I didn't bother picking up CoO due to meh reception; so it's cool that my tracker suggests I do some heroic strikes, or check out the latest flashpoint on mercury, cheers game

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Control Volume posted:

lifestyle game

this is exactly what they want but lol they dont know how to do it

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Imagined posted:

This. I play on average a couple of hours a day and usually its doing some Public Events or Heroic Strike and they're great when there are others involved and they know what to do, frustrating when they don't know how to activate heroic missions or speed run strikes, and depressing when there's no one around and you're trying to do PEs solo or people in strikes try to speed run only to die miles ahead but you can't get to them because you have to wade through the hordes of enemies they've triggered as they ran by.

What confuses me is if there's a reason that you can't join Nightfalls as a rando like you can in Heroic/Normal strikes?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Bungie used to consider the Nightfall to be on par with Trials or Raids as far as difficulty, so matchmaking was out of the question.

I'm guessing the issue now is that a lot of players like to solo the nightfall, and Bungie literally can't figure out how to make matchmaking optional.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
If you play on the Xbox one console it's pretty easy to use the built in LFG for the nightfall tbqh

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Moola posted:

Agreed this game needs way more items. And the items need to be more interesting

It feels bad taking 5 engrams back to decrypt and they all end up being dupes of my current armour or something :/

This happened in D1. You weren't playing for the things you took to Rahool, you were playing for vendor gear at first because Legendary Marks were time-gated and not as endless as Legendary Shards; you were playing for Strange Coins because Xur had an RNG currency instead of Legendary Shards and maybe you didn't always buy out his whole supply every week or had to make choices, whereas now a regular player (not an obsessive) can get every exotic they want within a few months. And there's not many of those that they want to begin with.

You played for this experience of scheduling your time and a 'routine' that never took more than a few hours a day but had something going on every day.

The only thing that vaguely approaches that in this game is Bright Dust and Masterworks, which is a form of progress nobody likes because the former can be passed over with USD transactions and the latter is as frustratingly random as the perk system Reddit fools have deluded themselves into remembering as good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Are you telling me you guys DIDN'T enjoy soloing heroic public events only to be rewarded with two blues and a token??? What more could you want?! THREE blues??? Three blues and a white?! Confetti and celebratory horns upon opening the chest?!

• Locked thread