Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

For people complaining about lockpicking that don't want to just don't download the mod that skips it: I grabbed Sectorial Lockpicking off the Nexus and it makes it way easier. It adds visual indicators to the minigame that make keeping on the sweet spot a million times easier.

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/32

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
I forgot to loot the dead at the end of Baptism of Fire am I locked out of recovering what is no doubt a shitload of dosh?

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WZ33w3B8Hw

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Orikaeshigitae posted:

You meet him after you bury your parents.

Ah yeah I haven't gotten there yet. Last thing I dod before I went to bed was looting the corpses of the people Hal threw up on and then going "Hey this is at 40% freshness. Time to nom!" And getting food poisoning.

Lesson: Don't eat perishables taken off long dead corpses.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VulgarandStupid posted:

My friend is saying if you don’t lock on to your enemies and start your swing wide then drag it across an enemy, Mount and Blade style, they never block or counter you and he was able to kill Cumans in the prologue. I won’t have a chance to try this tonight, but that is hilarious if true.

This is from pages and pages ago but yeah this deffo works and I've cheesed a couple fights I was about to lose by running around objects and doing this.

quote:

How on earth are you supposed to deal with 2 or more opponents though?

Lots and lots of movement, and thinking about positioning them. You want to handle this kind of like you would in real life: always move such that the 2nd guy is always behind the first guy facing you. If he starts to circle around, you circle the opposite direction. If they are both able to hit you at once you're positioned wrong. Obv you can't always avoid it but yeah.

What's great is when you can maneuver such that archers behind the melee accidentally shoot their friends in the back.

3+ starts to get unmanageable but I can handle it, 4-5+ I'm relying on killing a couple of them before anyone knows what is happening.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 20, 2018

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

So I have the "never lose food when sleeping" perk, which is great but means that leveling drinking is hell. The only way to lose a lot of food consistently is sitting in prison. So I'm walking out of jail, drinking a poo poo ton of booze, start beating the poo poo out of villagers, and then going back to jail again.

E. Also I blacked out and woke up at the foot of a grave in the middle of the woods

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 20, 2018

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

I forgot to loot the dead at the end of Baptism of Fire am I locked out of recovering what is no doubt a shitload of dosh?

You are, unfortunately. You need to get in and grab it before the cutscene that leads to the duel, otherwise all the bodies disappear if you return to the area later on.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nessin posted:

For example, most reviewers or comments I've seen say you have to practice and learn how to use your weapons and that's somehow unique to this game. For one, you don't actually do that, what you do is find someone at a certain point to unlock a skill. You don't start with all the combat functions unlocked and have to actual practice, you just have to find the glorified tutorial unlock.

I feel like you still have to practice or you're never going to be able to land any of those combos or pull off any combat moves.

It's definitely leagues above Skyrim, where I can just keep my shield raised and mash the attack button.

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Question about the end of the prologue Has anyone beat this guy in the fight or is impossible?

You can't win trust me I spent 10 minutes without getting touched once poking him over and over and over before realizing his health bar doesn't ever move. And if you DID win it would totally break later main quest stuff so I really doubt it is possible.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 20, 2018

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

anyone else learned to cast fire spells yet?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
gently caress the the dickheads hunting ginger. they are tough as gently caress and i am cheap mother fucker who exploited the st george glitch. so i ended up just sneaking in at night and caving the ones head in and then just brute forced the other dude to death. i could have trained in stealth, but he wanted obscene prices and was a criminal, so i killed him

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dapper_Swindler posted:

gently caress the the dickheads hunting ginger. they are tough as gently caress and i am cheap mother fucker who exploited the st george glitch. so i ended up just sneaking in at night and caving the ones head in and then just brute forced the other dude to death.

Same

I did this whole line of quests before realizing I could receive more than basic training too so yeah lol.

e:

evilmiera posted:

Or, and this is a spoiler, DON'T do that. Instead go to the local mill and find the guy you are actually looking for hiding there. He will tell you the truth about Zmola being the real killer and you can decide what to do from there

Also wow this didn't even occur to me, even after having to redo the last bit a couple times because of glitches.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 20, 2018

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I’m on a gtx 1070 and i56600k and haven’t had any real in game bugs. A few crashes on startup though. Getting like 70-80 FPS on ultra/high settings.

Loving the game so far but it isn’t really something you can just pick up and put down. Like you have to dedicate at least half an hour to an hour before you start a quest and hit an auto save.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Neurosis posted:

occasionally the combat system works really well and you feel the flow they were going for with combos, parries and ripostes. other times you can't even begin a combo because npcs are godlike at parrying and you have no idea what you're doing that's working or not working

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The prevalent of cooking pots basically reduces the usefulness of food to the half second health butf you get from each one. I carry some dried food on my horse in case I screw up and start getting hungry when I cant get to a town, but other than that your food will rot before you eat it.

That's been exactly my experience, yeah. Perishable food is basically just vendor trash, or I guess you can eat it on the spot if there's room in your belly? My henry is a dried food and stew pot man though, personally

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

a simple flick of the wrist

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Ainsley McTree posted:

That's been exactly my experience, yeah. Perishable food is basically just vendor trash, or I guess you can eat it on the spot if there's room in your belly? My henry is a dried food and stew pot man though, personally

I heard that eating out of stew pots without putting something back in lowers your reputation in a town.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Game bugs:
Trying to practice pickpocket on miller pesh and after 10+ failed attempts he all of a sudden calls the guards(didn't understand that the longer you hold it at first the more time you get)
Playing dice and it just boots you out of the game for no reason when you push the movement key to select dice and it strafes your character right out of the chair.

Things like that are game bugs not related to hardware.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Using -heapsize and then whatever your ram size is on launch options seems to help smooth out things. I didnt really notice an fps gain since i locked to 30 but it loads a bit quicker it seems like there is less weird texture load jank and random hitches. I wasnt really having problems before though just trying out of curiosity.

Also i noticed it keeps dropping from fullscreen to borderless and messing with gamma. It seems different everytime i play.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

DreamShipWrecked posted:

So I have the "never lose food when sleeping" perk, which is great but means that leveling drinking is hell. The only way to lose a lot of food consistently is sitting in prison. So I'm walking out of jail, drinking a poo poo ton of booze, start beating the poo poo out of villagers, and then going back to jail again.

E. Also I blacked out and woke up at the foot of a grave in the middle of the woods

If you do this enough eventually you wake up next to a chest you cant get to otherwise.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

DogonCrook posted:

If you do this enough eventually you wake up next to a chest you cant get to otherwise.

oh wow what's in the chest and how do you get back? link? (want to add it to guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1305878776 )

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I *really like* the way they did quest markers by the way. There are still markers pointing you towards stuff, but then when it is something that you need to poke around and look for they just give you a general area. Sometimes there aren't any really (go find my horse I fell off here and it prefers paths good luck thanks). I still need to listen and pay attention, but I'm also not frustrated trying to track down something. I've had to search around for a lot of stuff but I don't think I've ever just straight been lost with no idea where or what I'm looking for. It makes all the stealing quests feel *way better* than almost anything in an Elder Scrolls game.

NPCs actually give useful directions which is goddamn amazing. It's surprising what little touches I miss after years off lead you around by the nose crap, and yet I don't want to go back to total Morrowind style journal/mission system either.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 20, 2018

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

oh wow what's in the chest and how do you get back? link? (want to add it to guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1305878776 )

Im still trying to trigger it but there is a post about it on reddit. You wake up in a deer blind. You can jump down but there is no way up.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

COMRADES posted:

I *really like* the way they did quest markers by the way. There are still markers pointing you towards stuff, but then when it is something that you need to poke around and look for they just give you a general area. Sometimes there aren't any really (go find my horse I fell off here and it prefers paths good luck thanks). I still need to listen and pay attention, but I'm also not frustrated trying to track down something.

NPCs actually give useful directions which is goddamn amazing. It's surprising what little touches I miss after years off lead you around by the nose crap, and yet I don't want to go back to total Morrowind style journal/mission system either.

My one bitch about it is there should either be dialog options to ask where the different merchants are or a board in every town with a map or something. Also sucks that the paths dont have signs or markers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Are repair kits just a one use thing? Because that doesn't seem like it is cost effective.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
FYI if you are having trouble with combos you don't need to input all the directions. Just start the combo in the correct direction and press stab or slash at the right timings. The game will automatically input the correct directions.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

From Reddit but I notice it isn't in your list:

https://www.reddit.com/r/kingdomcome/comments/7y8k72/horse_armor_exists_hidden_location_w_screenshots/

Nothing to spoiler really, just a hidden location with some horse armor. Kinda tricky to drop down, I'd save before trying because you'll probably slip and fall to your death a couple of times trying.

DogonCrook posted:

My one bitch about it is there should either be dialog options to ask where the different merchants are or a board in every town with a map or something. Also sucks that the paths dont have signs or markers.

I do find myself missing paths and having to check the map to realize I missed it even though I was specifically looking for it, yeah.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

muscles like this! posted:

Are repair kits just a one use thing? Because that doesn't seem like it is cost effective.

No, each use degrades their durability a bit until they disappear.

Extortionist fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 20, 2018

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

they stretch a lot further once you get your skill up

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

COMRADES posted:

Same

I did this whole line of quests before realizing I could receive more than basic training too so yeah lol.

e:

Also wow this didn't even occur to me, even after having to redo the last bit a couple times because of glitches.

thats what i am gonna do. i have basically heard you can spam experience by training with the sergeant in combos. so i am just gonna do that for a half hour while listening to podcasts.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Also I wish I could straight run this dickhead through how dare you throw me in jail for a night for speaking rudely don't realize WHO I AM?

My liege lord will hear of this!!!

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

beggar posted:

I skipped through the last couple pages to check, so sorry if it's been discussed.. but the Rattay huntsman quest to drop 3 empty cages is completely broken. I spent multiple hours and savior schnapps trying to get all three cages down, and usually one of them will glitch out and become invisible. If you're somehow able to get all three traps completed, the following dialog with the huntsman glitches out. My recommendation is to avoid this quest until patched
I don't know if you ever got a response to this, but: do the traps one by one. Save before dropping, drop, run away and come back after a minute or so to pick it up. When you get to the last one, save before picking it up and then don't save, sleep, fast-travel or wait, just pick it up and ride straight back to the huntsman and turn it in. I kept running into the same issue, and some people on the internet told me that the game freaks if you do any of the things mentioned after picking up the last trap but before turning it in. I saved, picked up the last trap and galloped straight back to town and managed to get through the dialogue with the guy and complete the quest.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Also i was playing around with alchemy and trying recipes you dont know will start an entry and give you vague instructions so you can kind of experimentally learn new recipes. Its not finished i guess or stuff was cut though. Using poppy and chamomile with spirits makes tiredness tea but it doesnt even have an icon and the recipe isnt compete in the book. Drinking it just made me burp.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Does anyone have a problem with this game where every time you run it, your system brightness incrementally increases?

After about five sessions, I have to restart my computer because everything is washed out as gently caress.

Yes, this happens to me as well.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Unzip and Attack posted:

Yes, this happens to me as well.

Make sure it isnt going from fullscreen to borderless. Cutscense and fast traveling sometimes fucks up this setting and the game seems to go wonky when it does. They may be unrelated to each other though lol its kinda hard to tell and i cant tell exactly when it makes the switch.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

hakimashou posted:

I noticed someone said this didnt work for them, it needs to be

r_BatchType = 1

It dramatically improved and almost completely eliminated the game hitching up for me in towns/castles.

Just wanted to say, doing this fixed my hitching issue and I can now play the game on Ultra High with minimal frame drops. Mostly the only time it dips below 40fps is during the start of conversations.
I'm running a 1070, 16gb ram, decent Intel processor.

Game looks great. The quest with the priest in Uzhitz is amazing. Overall, I'm really surprised at just how realistic and well done the writing has been so far. It goes a long way towards making you feel like you're some peasant prick in the middle ages.

SeaWolf
Mar 7, 2008
Where's a really good place to go poaching so I can work on my archery skills? I'm prowling around the massive forest south of Rattay and I've shot all of 5 hares in the past 60 minutes I've been wandering around. Is Talmberk forest the best place to go hunting because I was basically machine-gunning arrows there was so much game to kill when I was competing with Sir Hans, not that I was actually hitting anything...

Also, I am so sad there is no Ask/Tell Medieval thread anymore because I have like a thousand questions now from playing this game the past three days :(

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Also, with lockpicking on PC: circle-spiral the pick around to find the center of the golden spot. The g-spot ( :heysexy: ) is actually pretty large, and being at the center helps when it starts wobbling around at the end of the turn.

Also the reading mini game: holy gently caress that is so clever! :eng101:

I hope enough people buy this that we get a new area or Prague or another game: gently caress it, don't care! :homebrew:
They sold 500,000 copies in the first two days, so a sequel seems assured.

I have visited the Castle of Prague and it is awesome.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prague_Castle

It's too bad the Sedlec Ossary isn't all skeleton'd up yet, but maybe they could fudge the dates on that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedlec_Ossuary

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

SeaWolf posted:

Where's a really good place to go poaching so I can work on my archery skills? I'm prowling around the massive forest south of Rattay and I've shot all of 5 hares in the past 60 minutes I've been wandering around. Is Talmberk forest the best place to go hunting because I was basically machine-gunning arrows there was so much game to kill when I was competing with Sir Hans, not that I was actually hitting anything...

Also, I am so sad there is no Ask/Tell Medieval thread anymore because I have like a thousand questions now from playing this game the past three days :(

In the woods east of uschitz or whatever i ran into a deer hunting spot. Even had marker. Just go due east to the edge of the map then south. Its probably not the only one but its the inly one ive come accross and ive seen groups of deer in other places but that forests is absolutely loaded with big rear end bucks.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The most obvious bugs are the quest bugs. Bird in the hand has already been mentioned a bunch of times, but Robber Baron is definitely hosed up too. Also, the end part of the quest with the stone in the monastery is messed up for me too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CLEARLY YOU JUST NEED A NEW GPU BUGS DONT EXIST