Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

syscall girl posted:

I've become very addicted to Polytopia. Is there anything like that that takes place over a longer time period. More Civ-like?

Or just more of the very similar? I'm tempted to write an app very much like Polytopia just with more options to fine tune units and increase the scope.

Do that please. I would throw money at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Do that please. I would throw money at you.

Same. I would absolutely buy a good Civ-like game.

Speaking of which, I didn't mind Civ Rev on the 360 and my DS... compared to those versions, how does the Android one stack up? I'm not expecting Civ 4-5 levels of detail (haven't played 6 yet)

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
A Battle of Polytopia with more depth and a larger scale would be the only game I would ever need on my phone.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
On the off chance people want to join my solo guild on King's Raid, you can apply to "Goonsquad". You get guild points for running the Guild Raid and for just spending Stamina, which you can then use for Stamina Potions, Heroic Runes, or Mysterious Fragments. Can also get some minor buffs once we have enough activity points (very slow solo obviously). 1% atk or def or 3% xp or gold for the first level.

Or if someone has an established guild we should all join, I'm down for that too so long as they don't care too much how active you are beyond using your Raid uses every/most days.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Zotix posted:

Grand Summoners was released last week globally. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.goodsmile.grandsummonersglobal_android&hl=en I read somewhere that it's made by the original creator of Brave Frontier. You can definitely see the smiliarities, but it has an active battle system instead of a turn system like BF. The pool of characters is small starting out, but rerolling is very fast as you can skip the tutorial and immediately go into 2 x 11 pulls. Takes like 1-2 minutes. Overall fun, but has a lot of catching up to JP progress like most mobile games.

Am I doing the evolved pulls? Or hero pulls? I assume evolved?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Don't pull anything until the maintenence tonight at like 6pm pst. Only use alchemy stones right now on the pull of 11x.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Zotix posted:

Don't pull anything until the maintenence tonight at like 6pm pst. Only use alchemy stones right now on the pull of 11x.

The single pull for a 5 Star? Costs 5000 acl stones?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ya the 5k alchemy stones pull is fine whenever.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

DemonMage posted:

On the off chance people want to join my solo guild on King's Raid, you can apply to "Goonsquad". You get guild points for running the Guild Raid and for just spending Stamina, which you can then use for Stamina Potions, Heroic Runes, or Mysterious Fragments. Can also get some minor buffs once we have enough activity points (very slow solo obviously). 1% atk or def or 3% xp or gold for the first level.

Or if someone has an established guild we should all join, I'm down for that too so long as they don't care too much how active you are beyond using your Raid uses every/most days.

By solo, do you mean you're the only person in the guild? I'll join, but leaving my guild means I can't take part in guild guild content for 7 days and that I can't join for 24 hours. I don't know if that means I won't be providing activity points or if I just can't do any of the Guild Raids. Guess we'll find out.

IGN: Rubicon

edit: sent ya a friend request

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Morpheus posted:

Got King's Raid, can someone give me a quick rundown on what's going on - there seem to be a few events happening all at once and it's a little overwhelming.

For a newbie:

• 1 Year Anniversary 5 Day Login: The important one. Can't miss it. Choose one of three packages, log in once a day, grab your daily part. If you don't know which one you want, grab "King's"
  • All the Blessings to you: Play for 30 minutes. Go to its events tab, grab all the things you unlocked. The red cards are event currency.
  • New Year's Fortune: You're also getting event currency simply for clearing missions, up to 300. You can check your progress in the centre of the city. Event -> New Year's Event Info
  • Challenge Raid open: Ignore for now, unless you can find someone to carry you through easy or medium I guess?
Looks like the Valentine's day thingie ran out tonight. There's various amounts of double stuff running right now, feel free to ask if something's unclear here.

DemonMage posted:

I actually do and managed to talk myself into a officer position yesterday. A few slots are open right now. It's a mix of serious progressers and a few lazy slackers. Guild has all of the buffs maxed, and is currently clearing about half of GR hard mode. Good thing about the slackers too, because I can make room if goon interest is high. Guild's name would be "Griever". As Rubicon said mind the cooldown when switching guilds.

Illiterate Clitoris fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 15, 2018

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Brew Town is a new brewery sim that's out in early access.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

For a newbie:

• All the Blessings to you: Play for 30 minutes. Go to its events tab, grab all the things you unlocked. The red cards are event currency.

Little clarity on the All the Blessings, it only counts if you're actively running something. So, running a stage on auto repeat counts. Idling in game doesn't count towards the time

quote:

I actually do and managed to talk myself into a officer position yesterday. A few slots are open right now. It's a mix of serious progressers and a few lazy slackers. Guild has all of the buffs maxed, and is currently clearing about half of GR hard mode. Good thing about the slackers too, because I can make room if goon interest is high. Guild's name would be "Griever". As Rubicon said mind the cooldown when switching guilds.

I'm down for whichever guild. Does Griever run the hard mode each week or run the normal mostly? The guild I just left would run the hard mode, seemingly, at random. It drove me nuts, cause I'd usually miss a day or two of running it before I noticed.

Welsh Rarebitch
Jun 5, 2011
Polytopia Multiplayer is out. Challenge me: 5Zky5oR6mESLPUxh :slick:

edit: And post your ID as well, because I can't seem to add people to my friendlist who challenged me. Also no chatting possible.
edit2: Maybe add your ID to this collaborative list: http://chacy.com/Gt4qsK

Welsh Rarebitch fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Feb 15, 2018

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Rubicon posted:

King's Raid stuff...

Not sure if it still works this way, but I've been told that if you get kicked from your guild you don't get the cool down.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Rubicon posted:

I'm down for whichever guild. Does Griever run the hard mode each week or run the normal mostly? The guild I just left would run the hard mode, seemingly, at random. It drove me nuts, cause I'd usually miss a day or two of running it before I noticed.
Yeah, hard mode every week. We're up to the ogre currently. I think we manage to kill it once?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Zotix posted:

Ya, i'm not sure. https://apkpure.com/grand-summoners/jp.goodsmile.grandsummonersglobal_android You can download from there at APKpure.

If you pick it up, add me as a friend. 075524672

I'm playing this. If anyone else is, you can add me 584261893.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Zotix posted:

Sorry to keep bothering you, but now there are 2 summon types. Which one is the event pull?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Snowmankilla posted:

Sorry to keep bothering you, but now there are 2 summon types. Which one is the event pull?

The one named "New Heroes Pickup" is the new one.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

mrkillboy posted:

Brew Town is a new brewery sim that's out in early access.

What's it like? I can't really tell from the screenshots if it's a game or a cookie cutter idle game.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Uhh.. I got a 5 star weapon from the free equip summon. This game is sick!

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

ModeSix posted:

What's it like? I can't really tell from the screenshots if it's a game or a cookie cutter idle game.

I was going to check it out but it seems the early access quota was met already unfortunately. The game comes officially out in late March.

In other news, an Instagram ad informs me there's a spin-off of the Hungry Shark games called Hungry Dragon.I enjoyed those shark games so this looks it might be worth playing.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ModeSix posted:

I'm only like ten minutes in and it's still handholding me so I'm not sure exactly. It has wait timers and a premium currency to instantly finish things, you get them from completing quests but I'm not sure how the economy works out on these. It has told me to tap a button repeatedly to speed something up once so far but it only took a few seconds. Still, this is the tutorial and things will presumably scale up. My gut feel is that it's more of an idle game and will end up getting annoying but the production value and artwork is undoubtedly nice.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
For those people (like me) who couldn't get Grand Summoner because you were outside of their regions or whatever, it looks like it's been opened up further. At least, I am now able to download it (in Canada)

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

In as pleasestop, aside from the initial dudes, how do you get new characters? Is it just grind/buy gems and then exchange them at the shop?

I'm guessing I just need to replace the initial tank, healer and 2 DPS and level and gear them before starting another character?

With gear, what should I be grinding and what should I be upgrading with? It's so confusing starting out and seeing gear with different tiered levels, stars and rarity.

The game is really well done and looks surprisingly deep but there's just so much stuff they throw at you in the beginning.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The only starting character in King's Raid that is bad is Cleo. Frey is a good healer for most content, but the biggest problems with Roi and Kasel is they don't shine until t3 or t4.

You will get clause in chapter 1 sometime and he is arguably the best tank in game. The rest of the heroes can be bought with rubies that are bought or grinded.

You can get heroes from the inn with amnity points, gold, and greet. You can get 1 hero every 2 to 2 and a half weeks here.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

ModeSix posted:

Kind of a neat themeatic spin on a dead simple idler game. It is very thin on content. I managed to buy pretty much every upgrade, and do all there is to do in the game in a single day. There is a primitive label designer in the game, allowing you to make your own line of beers and their trademark look. That is probably the strongest feature. They either need a ton more content, or they need to rebalance. Ads, drones and limos seem like they give super outsized rewards.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Kegslayer posted:

In as pleasestop, aside from the initial dudes, how do you get new characters? Is it just grind/buy gems and then exchange them at the shop?

I'm guessing I just need to replace the initial tank, healer and 2 DPS and level and gear them before starting another character?

With gear, what should I be grinding and what should I be upgrading with? It's so confusing starting out and seeing gear with different tiered levels, stars and rarity.

The game is really well done and looks surprisingly deep but there's just so much stuff they throw at you in the beginning.

I wouldn't bother grinding gear until tier 6 or so. Your biggest gains will be in levels since I think you get a penalty for being under the level of the monster. I cleared out normal and hard mode of chapters I finished and gear wasn't a big problem.

Gearing is super complicated what with tiers, rarity, options and star level. Starting out as a newbie, people told me not to invest in gear until t7 or if I get a t6 heroic (yellow) piece with good options.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
Chiming in on King's Raid chat:

What's a good team look like? I've got Jane, Epis, and Pavel which seems like a great team but I'm still new so I'm not sure. The starter healer is good from what I've heard but is there a better one to try for?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Epis is fantastic.

Frey is also fantastic, though I'm really enjoying Mediana. She's the only Physical based healer, has a damage buff and also AE heals. Oh and puts a pretty decent DOT on things, her DPS is shockingly high for me (though I have her unique weapon). I hear Liais is good too.

Clause is a top tier PvE tank, and is free and doesn't need his Unique Weapon to shine. Getting him to Tier 3 lets him 5 second stun every 7 seconds.

Jane is a good magic tank, and her revive gimmick is cool but she's not very well rated on the tier list. I grabbed her to have a magic tank and since she's cool.

My default team is Epis (T3, UW), Clause (T3, UW), Mediana (T1, UW), Priscilla (5*) or Maria (5*).

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005

Kegslayer posted:

You can get them from the Inn, hero tickets, or buy them from the shop with rubies.

quote:

Clause is a really good tank and he's still my main tank for most content. Frey is a great healer with her shield and I use her in world bosses. Roi and Kasel are good, but require a lot of investment. Some folks have gotten Cleo to work really well, but I'd imagine that's with a ton of investment.

quote:

Team comp questions

You wanna look for characters that can buff the other characters or have skills/abilities that are lacking from the other 3 characters.

My main physical team is Clause (T5+UW)(buffs physical damage), Gau (T5+UW)(buff attack speed and amazing CC), Nyx (T5+3*UW)(hits everything), and Mediana (T5+1*UW)(buffs your strongest attacker and does decent damage) and I can auto clear the tower of ordeal and through 61 for the tower of challenge before needing to switch up teams a bit.

My magic team is Jane (T3+UW)(buffs magic damage), Theo (T5+2*UW)(has constant little CC and does tons of damage) or Epis (T5+1*UW)(buffs magic damage and does tons of damage), Artemia (T5+3*UW)(does tons of damage and lots of survivibility), and Lais (T5+UW)(buffs magic defense and is a mana battery). Will occasionally run Mediana in this team, too.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

mrkillboy posted:

In other news, an Instagram ad informs me there's a spin-off of the Hungry Shark games called Hungry Dragon.I enjoyed those shark games so this looks it might be worth playing.

Is this tablet only or something?

I tried to get it but my Pixel 2 XL is listed as incompatible.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
King's Raid: I just applied to Goonsquad as "heisachar". Dunno how much I'll keep playing, in the meanwhile...

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Any good newish management sims out there? I'm playing Fiz again right now but looking for something new to get hooked on.

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

I don't think I saw it in here, so I'd like to recommend Dungeon Survivor 2. you build a team of adventurers and send them out on mission to collect resources and upgrade your town. You can set up how often your team does certain attacks, permadeath with a graveyard to bring them back that I haven't unlocked and it doesn't seem like a cash grab at all. The only thing is that souls (xp) are a little slim after you complete an area because the dungeons are fixed, so if you let a character die, you will have to spend a bit of time chasing wolves or whatever on the world map to get enough souls to upgrade your team back up.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
somebody let asterSA into the king's raid guild please

thenakedflip
Feb 22, 2005
In King's Raid chat, I applied to the guild as tnflip. So far liking parts of the game, should keep me interested for a bit.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Beast Pussy posted:

I don't think I saw it in here, so I'd like to recommend Dungeon Survivor 2. you build a team of adventurers and send them out on mission to collect resources and upgrade your town. You can set up how often your team does certain attacks, permadeath with a graveyard to bring them back that I haven't unlocked and it doesn't seem like a cash grab at all. The only thing is that souls (xp) are a little slim after you complete an area because the dungeons are fixed, so if you let a character die, you will have to spend a bit of time chasing wolves or whatever on the world map to get enough souls to upgrade your team back up.

This game is great and I'm currently in the ninth area or so. It's a little like A Dark Room without the unfolding mechanics. In other words, you have an idle resource collection side for base upgrading, and a grid based exploration with ATB combat on the other side. The graveyard is in the first area just outside the base, there is a necromancer guy you beat and then he joins you and sets up your resurrection service (it costs effectively nothing, like my whole team costs 160 xp to revive and they have about 70k xp invested in levels).

There is also pvp arena, and an expedition mechanic (send a team away for X hours and get free money/xp/items). The only silly thing about the game is how impossible it is to improve your idle production past a certain point. You have 5 resources and you unlock idle workers by spending food, but the cost scales wildly, like have 150 dudes so I can get 150 food/30 sec, but my next 5 dudes costs 120k, so like 7 hours if I ONLY produce food (and producing anything else incurs a food COST, so my setup is more like 40 food, 30 lumber, and a single point of the 3 crafting resources). This is countered partially by trading some of your gold (non-premium currency) for extra resources. Currently I'm actually at a level cap for my party until I upgrade a building, so the comment about XP being slim actually changes later in the game.

Aside from that minor point, it's a great F2P game that hurls currency at you pretty steadily until midgame, and you can get a healthy amount from ads. There's a stamina mechanic but it's literally never come into play because an adventure costs like, 10-15 of 100 and can last for a half hour. Good game but I'm not playing for 5 hours straight. The combat is cool because you can set up autobattle with certain tactics like, heal people who are under 70% on your cleric, or only have the warrior taunt when he's above 50% hp, or only use AoE attacks when there are 3 or more enemies.

Oh, and there's a weird semi-gacha to your characters. There are no unique characters but they all rank D-SS, and as you upgrade your tavern you have better odds of seeing higher rank dudes. I've got a full team of S rank badasses and it is very necessary to snatch higher rank guys and boot out your lovely dudes (for 70% refund on spent XP), because things get pretty brutal. Most bosses have an AoE so a Priest (only AoE healer) is super necessary unless you build the rest of the part around self-heals and life leech (which is possible, there are like 13 classes).

Suggestions for anyone picking it up: Strength = carrying capacity = how many turns worth of food you can bring when exploring. Your first few adventures are super hard limited by your carrying capacity, but you can set up camp and cook the meat and rations that enemies drop to extend a journey. 5 turns with no food = full party wipe, so plan out if you can make it home.
Refresh you tavern for gold every time it refreshes for free. It's 10 gold (which is nothing) and gives you 3 more chances at higher ranked dudes, the difference between each rank is very significant. It is always worth ranking up and re-leveling a character.
As soon as you unlock the expedition mechanic, spend 80 gems to unlock a second party configuration and level/equip 4 backup characters. Expedition rewards are based on their combined overall stat rating so don't just use trashy D ranks.
Long press to salvage all in your warehouse. I sat on like 700 ration items until I discovered this by accident.
Buy the blueprints for the rune-keeper armor and the runed ring. This will let you craft 3/4 item slots with double the normal amount of stat boosts.

SynthesisAlpha fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 20, 2018

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

My girlfriend's been pestering me to find her one of those "in game resource generator" things for facebook games, specifically Secret Society. She's been sending me link after link but you know the rigmarole involved in actually getting to those lovely little applications. Complete an endless slew of "offers". Yeah, no thanks. She claims she once found one that didn't require all that bullshit but can't remember the name of it, so for my sanity can someone tell me if such a "hacking tool" (as she calls them) exists for that particular browser/phone game that isn't hidden behind a perpetual onion of "complete these offers", or whether these resource generators are all scammy bullshit and she's never going to get a tool to give her a huge amount of funny money for her browser games. Personally I think it's all scammy bullshit because surely there are transaction servers handling the spending of paid currency.

That said, paid in-game currency resource generators are probably some sort of :filez: so if asking about them here is verboten then pretend I didn't post this. :siren: I am not asking for :filez:, I'm trying to confirm or deny the existence of these things as anything more than scams. :siren:

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Feb 20, 2018

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

Beast Pussy posted:

First thing it asked me for was permission to make and manage phone calls, which I denied because :lol:. Now it seems to be stuck on the title screen with "touch the screen to start the game" text that doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

RoboCicero posted:

First thing it asked me for was permission to make and manage phone calls, which I denied because :lol:. Now it seems to be stuck on the title screen with "touch the screen to start the game" text that doesn't work.

Isn't that permission so it can pause the game when you get a phone call?