Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Tsaedje posted:

This should be mandatory viewing before anyone spouts off about the halo

I'd rather copy wirth's gimmick and just post pictures of puke sandwich instead tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
29 days to Australia, by the way. The top of the Australian GP webpage says “THERE IS ONLY ONE RACE THAT MATTERS” which doesn’t surprise me coming from Australians

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

1500quidporsche posted:

Canada has got Miller High Life now.

I'm back in the high life again.

The champagne of beers. We used to drink miller genuine draft since a 24 was dirt cheap

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Pirate Radar posted:

29 days to Australia, by the way. The top of the Australian GP webpage says “THERE IS ONLY ONE RACE THAT MATTERS” which doesn’t surprise me coming from Australians

Didn't the guy who won the race predictions last season base everything on that first race and never changed it afterwards?
In a way it might be right.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

1500quidporsche posted:

Canada has got Miller High Life now.

I'm back in the high life again.

Hi-Life is a chain of convenience stores over here and I always hum that song when I walk into one

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.motor1.com/news/233471/brabham-automotive-brand-launches/

Brabham is back with David Brabham running the show and looking for a way back to F1. One option is to apparently buy out Force India.

I'm sure this will go at least as well as that time they took everyone's money to form an LMP1 team, used it to pay off legal debts and then shut down everything.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Pirate Radar posted:

Arstralyan

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
if we dont say poo poo like that people will start calling it a british automotive company race

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

According to motorsport-total.com, Ricciardo binned the RB14 during shakedown. Not the best start into the season.

e: I'm sure Marko finds a way to blame this on Renault

tuo fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Feb 20, 2018

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

tuo posted:

According to motorsport-total.com, Ricciardo binned the RB14 during shakedown. Not the best start into the season.

e: I'm sure Marko finds a way to blame this on Renault

Maybe the engine took one of his wheels out

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Surely wouldn't have happened wiith one of those Honda engines in the back.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://en.f1i.com/news/292318-enzo-ferraris-lessons-still-prevail-today-marchionne.html

President Marchionne is correct.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
#forzaferrari

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
F1.com and some press are photoshopping every picture being released of the rbr car on track today

but rbr official isnt

da gently caress

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Woop woop

https://twitter.com/mclarenf1/status/965903866079293441

Also here's the Sauber

https://twitter.com/msportextra/status/965903491268038656

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

First one to show aero parts on the halo

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Dubs posted:

F1.com and some press are photoshopping every picture being released of the rbr car on track today

but rbr official isnt

da gently caress

Indeed, they remove the side impact structure. RBR only did it (very poorly) on the launch pic where the car sits in the shop.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why they are photoshoping the rbr?

edit: Mclaren lost the Richard Mille sponsorship to Sauber? lol

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DoctorGonzo posted:

why they are photoshoping the rbr?

edit: Mclaren lost the Richard Mille sponsorship to Sauber? lol

No idea, on every pic they remove this part:

Also: Richard Mille also sponsors Haas now, IIRC

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Richard Mille sponsors Leclerc and Grosjean, in addition to McLaren.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Red Bull gives you wings. Photoshop takes them away.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
https://imgur.com/a/iRdxd etc

gently caress knows why f1.com is.

rbr did edit some floor and pods in their press photo, but arent doing so on track.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I like the colours, looks better than last season's car, which managed to look rear end despite a scheme that's great on paper (blue/white/gold, think of the Rothmans liveries).

Like Williams they are going with a white halo and that black shape on the bottom half to make the halo flow a bit better on the silhouette.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pirate Radar posted:

“THERE IS ONLY ONE RACE THAT MATTERS”

There is, Baku.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
That Sauber looks more bare than a McLaren. Imagine having worked there in the BMW years and finding yourself reduced to a Ferrari B-team too lovely to even have a Ferrari logo on the car.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ferrari teams never have their logo on the car.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Holy poo poo Marcus Ericsson is entering his 4th season as an F1 driver. Has there ever been a more anonymous driver?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theophany posted:

There is, Monaco

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

tuo posted:

No idea, on every pic they remove this part:

Also: Richard Mille also sponsors Haas now, IIRC

The vacuum cleaner-style air intake in the nose is to keep ricciardos feet cool. the food and drink dep. of the FIA requested this.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Sauber looks incredibly uninspired.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Tsaedje posted:

Holy poo poo Marcus Ericsson is entering his 4th season as an F1 driver. Has there ever been a more anonymous driver?
I think there was some bloke named Will Stevens at one point.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Doc Morbid posted:

I think there was some bloke named Will Stevens at one point.

I know we like to joke around here, but it's not funny to make up obviously fake drivers.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I recommend reading Marc Priestley's book if you haven't already, Wicka. There is a fantastic anecdote about Ron having a meltdown over a haircut that didn't align with McLaren's brand values.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
That sounds amazing.

My favourite F1 anecdote is still Bernie knocking over drinks as a distraction when he was losing an argument.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Tsaedje posted:

Who?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tsaedje posted:

That Sauber looks more bare than a McLaren. Imagine having worked there in the BMW years and finding yourself reduced to a Ferrari B-team too lovely to even have a Ferrari logo on the car.

You mean like for the majority of the teams history?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I suppose they were a works Mercedes outfit (and Ford, very briefly) at one time.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Sauber looks good, IMO.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I think the Sauber looks pretty good. I like the giant Alfa logo, though I wish wish it was in full color. Can see why the left it white though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

I think the Sauber looks pretty good. I like the giant Alfa logo, though I wish wish it was in full color. Can see why the left it white though.

They got the reveal first though. They should have just made it all red, and let whoever else wanted a red car figure something else out.

• Locked thread