Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
What I don't get is why Jason 8 doesn't have +morph. He teleported like crazy in that movie, and it wasn't even trying to be subtle about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdNmVGdjCIM

That Jason was hacking his Morph timers :colbert:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Ghostpilot posted:

The swings have a faster animation with the one-handed weapons than the two-handers. The two-handed weapons have more range in combat, though.

Faster yes, but it's still 6 whacks.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

DeathChicken posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdNmVGdjCIM

That Jason was hacking his Morph timers :colbert:

that reminds me, I need to give 8 the two handed choke.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Savini with machete and Part III with machete is the end times for counselors.

Part II is on the upswing lately with these changes and I think we currently underestimate him.

I've been thinking this since the changes, but was told he sucked so much I didn't do much with him.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

2 is very good as is. He has enough traps to hit all of the important things and still screw around with stuff like sneaky traps on fallen items. Then he can bamf everywhere and never run out of Morph, then he can run...

Only hiccup really is that he'll never catch a moving boat and the pickaxe is fairly crappy. Now one of those problems is going away.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The main problem with 2 is that he is the easiest one to kill by far. You run that risk whenever you play as him

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Burkion posted:

The main problem with 2 is that he is the easiest one to kill by far. You run that risk whenever you play as him

But you always have a spare trap for mom, and shame on you for not visiting Mom when she calls you. It's not like he's part 7.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

DeathChicken posted:

2 is very good as is. He has enough traps to hit all of the important things and still screw around with stuff like sneaky traps on fallen items. Then he can bamf everywhere and never run out of Morph, then he can run...

Only hiccup really is that he'll never catch a moving boat and the pickaxe is fairly crappy. Now one of those problems is going away.

Trap the power boxes for key places like the phone house or Jarvis.

It's super obnoxious to deal with as a counselor but as Jason it's an extra gently caress You to those drat kids.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

joylessdivision posted:

Trap the power boxes for key places like the phone house or Jarvis.

It's super obnoxious to deal with as a counselor but as Jason it's an extra gently caress You to those drat kids.

Someone did this to me at the phone house just today and I felt dumb for not thinking of it. Especially as Part II since you have the extra traps.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Comfortador posted:

Someone did this to me at the phone house just today and I felt dumb for not thinking of it. Especially as Part II since you have the extra traps.

I've had some success trapping one end of the narrow bridges on Jarvis as Part 2. It's a gamble since if they notice it, you've wasted a trap but occasionally you'll catch someone.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Just got killed less than a minute into a match. That’s a new record.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Coffee And Pie posted:

Just got killed less than a minute into a match. That’s a new record.

My fastest death was because I heard the Savini music roughly 20 seconds in, jumped out a window with a bat yelling "WHAT'S UP FUCKER", and was IMMEDIATELY grabbed and impaled on a pitchfork before I could stand up. It would have loving ruled if I managed to bat him though

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I’m glad I came back as Tommy for a semi decent match, because it went the full 20 minutes and I would have gotten 7 exp

Danaru posted:

My fastest death was because I heard the Savini music roughly 20 seconds in, jumped out a window with a bat yelling "WHAT'S UP FUCKER", and was IMMEDIATELY grabbed and impaled on a pitchfork before I could stand up. It would have loving ruled if I managed to bat him though

Warrior

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Danaru posted:

I just had one of these last night, but on the other side. I was Jason, I immediately morphed to Packanock Lodge because it had the car/phone double spawn. The host, a Bugsy, immediately came barreling out of the front door to attack me and got killed. (To his credit, he did not quit, he was pretty high level and probably just screwing around.)

Although I think my fastest kill was when my first morph put me DIRECTLY on top of a counselor, as in I was able to grab kill without moving. I usually try to give people a grace period, but that was just too funny to let slide.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I had a hacked in uber jason a few nights ago, and he had the user name "Your uber ride is here", which got a chuckle out of me. Sadly, the player was a little bitch and ragequit as soon as the two seater I was driving hit the main road.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
I had decent success with Part II last night but if they got the car started oh man was it tough. That shift is SOOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOWWW.

edit: I wish you could put scenarios in place to practice off line. Like Counselors get the car started, fix the phone, etc... without just waiting and hoping they do one of the things. I am terrible at stopping cars.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

A.o.D. posted:

I had a hacked in uber jason a few nights ago, and he had the user name "Your uber ride is here", which got a chuckle out of me. Sadly, the player was a little bitch and ragequit as soon as the two seater I was driving hit the main road.

I mean that's what you get for arranging your own lyft out of there

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Comfortador posted:

I had decent success with Part II last night but if they got the car started oh man was it tough. That shift is SOOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOWWW.

edit: I wish you could put scenarios in place to practice off line. Like Counselors get the car started, fix the phone, etc... without just waiting and hoping they do one of the things. I am terrible at stopping cars.

Well, Part 2 is the best at keeping the objectives from being completed in the first place, so it's only fair that he has a hard time stopping the counselors once they complete them. I feel you on the inadequacy of the bots at letting you practice stopping cars, really, offline mode is only good for learning Jason's movement, and the map layouts.

Archenteron posted:

I mean that's what you get for arranging your own lyft out of there

nice

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'd love to see Illfonic implement Kane Hodder as the FBI agent from Part 9 as a second hero character that can replace Tommy. When he kills Jason, instead of putting a machete through his head, Kane calls down the mortar strike from the beginning of the movie :haw:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Well they're patching out the hacked Uber Jason with a hotfix. The weird thing is that it's a 3gb hotfix.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

Well they're patching out the hacked Uber Jason with a hotfix. The weird thing is that it's a 3gb hotfix.

3gb? That is rather spicy.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

A.o.D. posted:

3gb? That is rather spicy.

My guess is they had to encrypt a file that was previously unencrypted. That would make the delta patcher have to re-upload a bunch of stuff that we already have.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Danaru posted:

I'd love to see Illfonic implement Kane Hodder as the FBI agent from Part 9 as a second hero character that can replace Tommy. When he kills Jason, instead of putting a machete through his head, Kane calls down the mortar strike from the beginning of the movie :haw:

Hell yeah! Hahaha. Also echoing the need for Creighton Duke to be another hero character too.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Totally down for more heroes and maybe even more ways to kill Jason (summon demons to drag him down to hell or sink him in the lake maybe)

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I always thought it would be cool if sometimes Ash showed up instead of Tommy but let’s be honest, it will never happen. More seriously Tina would be cool. But I’m not even sure how that would work tbh, you can’t just throw telekinesis into the game

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Well, the physics are already there to ragdoll Jason all over the map, you just have to figure out how to make it non-accidental.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

I figured I'd come back to this game when it was better, but months later, all they're doing is adding new Jasons, and the game still sucks for survivors. Really figured they'd take out the requirement to spectate to actually collect xp, but they sure haven't.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
Come on Tommy at least ACT like you care! (Offline Bot Shenanigans)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Skyscraper posted:

I figured I'd come back to this game when it was better, but months later, all they're doing is adding new Jasons, and the game still sucks for survivors. Really figured they'd take out the requirement to spectate to actually collect xp, but they sure haven't.

This is Friday the 13th, there should be no survivors.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Comfortador posted:

This is Friday the 13th, there should be no survivors.

lololololol

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Skyscraper posted:

Naw, they actually made Jason better the past few updates. You value your time too much to watch a horror/comedy film spectating go play dead by daylight

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Tommybot is still so weird. If he's the last one alive (and he almost always is) his PTSD will kick in and he'll just find somewhere to patiently stand around and die. Sometimes a campfire, sometimes a closet, but rest assured Tommybot will become the epitome of :smith:

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Naw, they actually made Jason better the past few updates.
oh yeah i guess my post was too long to read

Skyscraper posted:

A. Beaverhausen posted:

You value your time too much to watch a horror/comedy film spectating go play dead by daylight
If you value your time, play something else!!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Skyscraper posted:

the game really does not suck for survivors and up until very recently you had to be dozing off to get grabbed by jason. the pendulum has only recently swung back to being slightly fair to big J. but if you are:

1) very bad at the game
2) really concerned about your XP rating
3) unwilling to just play the game to get XP

you can do the new offline bots mode and get oodles of XP very quickly.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Coolguye posted:

the game really does not suck for survivors and up until very recently you had to be dozing off to get grabbed by jason. the pendulum has only recently swung back to being slightly fair to big J. but if you are:

1) very bad at the game
2) really concerned about your XP rating
3) unwilling to just play the game to get XP

you can do the new offline bots mode and get oodles of XP very quickly.

I don't know, I kind of like actually playing the game and just not having to watch after I'm not playing, and getting XP for what I did. Grinding on bots for XP doesn't sound great, or like a thing someone should have to do. Maybe the game was better for survivors for a while, but most of the games I've been in since coming back for the new patches have been complete wipes, not because Jason is unbalanced but just because the survivors can't get any kind of an escape going beyond waiting past the time limit.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Skyscraper posted:

I don't know, I kind of like actually playing the game and just not having to watch after I'm not playing, and getting XP for what I did. Grinding on bots for XP doesn't sound great, or like a thing someone should have to do. Maybe the game was better for survivors for a while, but most of the games I've been in since coming back for the new patches have been complete wipes, not because Jason is unbalanced but just because the survivors can't get any kind of an escape going beyond waiting past the time limit.

Have you considered playing with better players because it sounds like you're literally playing with idiots who don't know how to play.

Seriously, I have a group on Xbox that I've stopped playing with because it's really loving boring when at least one if not two major objectives are already up and running in under 5 minutes, and I'm playing as a counselor.

Find some better people to play with or learn to lone wolf objectives because no one else will do it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Skyscraper posted:

You don't need to do it nor is it even remotely required. That is you saying that. There's two whole perks in this game, period, that have a serious effect on gameplay - Medic (which allows you a free Medspray use) and Grease Monkey (which allows you to restart the car faster). Of the two, only Grease Monkey benefits from quality - Medic can literally be some gray quality piss rear end perk and you still have 95% of the utility that you'd get from the most ultra-rare Epic one. Everything else is a marginal increase that might make certain edge cases more favorable for you, but in general don't make a difference.

You're also wrong about how XP is awarded: you will still get XP for the things you did during the match (so repair, escape, etc), you just won't get the +500XP bonus for completing the game.

Repairs today are easier than ever because parts that are dropped now show up on the big map. Your blockhead teammates are no longer an excuse for not escaping. If you can't see the parts, they're probably not found yet. Go look places you haven't yet. If you do, go get them and do the objective. If the repair minigame itself gives you trouble and that's why you can't get something going, then main Deborah. That's what she's there for.

If you don't want to complete a match, don't complete the drat match. Nobody is putting a gun to your head. If you feel compelled to sit at a spectator screen because of 500 XP, run 5 minutes of bot matches (seriously, the bots are so dumb you can clean-sweep in 5 minutes) before playing online and understand that you've evened out all the XP you're going to lose for that evening. XP literally only matters in the context of getting Medic and Grease Monkey so beyond that there's no point beyond cosmetics - you can satisfy that particular piece of OCD with a quick bot match.

The reason you are going to get clowned on in here is because this one post encompasses 3 major misconceptions with how the game is even set up and a healthy dollop of whiny bullshit entitled bullshit that stems from not even using all the tools that are in the game. You're not correct. You're not a martyr. You don't see something everyone else doesn't. They see something you don't.

Please for the love of christ just knock off the horseshit for a split second.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 20, 2018

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I have Start With Map on everyone by default, since immediately knowing where the car is means immediately knowing where Jason is probably going to be a few seconds in. And not losing minimap on fear, because losing your map while on the run is just the worst :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

joylessdivision posted:

Have you considered playing with better players because it sounds like you're literally playing with idiots who don't know how to play.
Quick play every time!

Coolguye posted:

The reason you are going to get clowned on in here is because this one post encompasses 3 major misconceptions with how the game is even set up and a healthy dollop of whiny bullshit entitled bullshit that stems from not even using all the tools that are in the game. You're not correct. You're not a martyr. You don't see something everyone else doesn't. They see something you don't.

Please for the love of christ just knock off the horseshit for a split second.

Hey there, dumbfuck friend, why don't you knock off the horseshit for a split second. You're reading a bunch of poo poo into my posts because you're defensive as all hell about your lovely game. If I'm going to get clowned on, it's not by you. If grinding on bots is "using all the tools that are in the game" you have bad ideas about what's good in a game.

Coolguye posted:

Repairs today are easier than ever because parts that are dropped now show up on the big map. Your blockhead teammates are no longer an excuse for not escaping. If you can't see the parts, they're probably not found yet. Go look places you haven't yet. If you do, go get them and do the objective. If the repair minigame itself gives you trouble and that's why you can't get something going, then main Deborah. That's what she's there for.

That works well if you have a map, I haven't seen one, but maybe I'm just spawning wrong to get the randomly placed map (rarer now thanks to this awesome new patch!). I don't have any problem with the repair minigame, though I haven't had a chance to play it yet since the new patch. I didn't have a problem with it in previous versions, and even if I did, that's a thing that a person could Git Gud at, at least.

Coolguye posted:

There's two whole perks in this game, period, that have a serious effect on gameplay
That's fine, I don't care. I didn't know about those perks, I don't know if I'll need them, I seem to recall perks are random-rolled independently of XP? Maybe not, whatever, I want whacky clothing options and the normal poo poo you'd get from XP, playing normally. I can't remember if Jason uses counselor XP, I haven't played him in hours or levelled up in the same. Jason 5 is apparently free to all, so that's cool, still waiting on playing as him.

Coolguye posted:

You're also wrong about how XP is awarded: you will still get XP for the things you did during the match (so repair, escape, etc), you just won't get the +500XP bonus for completing the game.

If you don't want to complete a match, don't complete the drat match. Nobody is putting a gun to your head. If you feel compelled to sit at a spectator screen because of 500 XP, run 5 minutes of bot matches (seriously, the bots are so dumb you can clean-sweep in 5 minutes) before playing online and understand that you've evened out all the XP you're going to lose for that evening. XP literally only matters in the context of getting Medic and Grease Monkey so beyond that there's no point beyond cosmetics - you can satisfy that particular piece of OCD with a quick bot match.

Yep, being pedantic isn't helping. That 500 XP is literally 10 times more than what I got from in-game actions (per-game, I think I made 500 XP in a few hours of gameplay just normally), and apparently the XP level requirements are based on that. People shouldn't have to grind on bots to fix that, the fact that you need to advocate for that means your game has a problem. Paying out XP only to people who watch doesn't make the game better, and it's easy to come up with a better way of distributing it, which should have happened by now.

DeathChicken posted:

I have Start With Map on everyone by default, since immediately knowing where the car is means immediately knowing where Jason is probably going to be a few seconds in. And not losing minimap on fear, because losing your map while on the run is just the worst :colbert:

Those both sound like pretty cool options.

• Locked thread