Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Excuse me this is the PYF Funny Pictures thread, not ones that make me break down in tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

AndyElusive posted:

Excuse me this is the PYF Funny Pictures thread, not ones that make me break down in tears.

This video really helped me process my grief, I hope it can help you heal as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdncXJ5KI0A

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm sad the fake Crocodile Dundee remake with Danny McBride isn't real.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Free Market Mambo posted:

It was a sting ray that did Saint Irwin dirty, not the gentle Manta.

I guess he's a ray-cist.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, that actually looked like it'd be a fun movie.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Rough Lobster posted:

If anything those crocodiles should be really loving happy. Their great ancestral foe finally laid low.

One is truly understood only ever by one's mortal enemies

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Former DILF posted:

the norse and greek mythos are probably part of the same culture when you go back far enough, its just the minoan society developed a written language and the norse had to uh, receive theirs from mediterranean invasion

odin banged all kinds of weird poo poo iirc

It's really difficult to know because such a tremendous amount of Norse legend was lost. When you see how little the current understanding of the myths is based on, it's pretty shocking. I've read the Prose Edda and the Poetic Edda and between those two, it's obvious modern-day interpretation has inserted a lot of its own culture into the gaps. Also the few surviving records contradict, a lot.

Thor and Baldr are his two legitimate sons by Frigga.

Vidarr was the son of Odin and Gridr. Vali was the son of Odin and Rindr.

I imagine he'd have gotten into even more trouble if they'd had Tindr back then.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Pick posted:

It's really difficult to know because such a tremendous amount of Norse legend was lost. When you see how little the current understanding of the myths is based on, it's pretty shocking. I've read the Prose Edda and the Poetic Edda and between those two, it's obvious modern-day interpretation has inserted a lot of its own culture into the gaps. Also the few surviving records contradict, a lot.

Thor and Baldr are his two legitimate sons by Frigga.

Vidarr was the son of Odin and Gridr. Vali was the son of Odin and Rindr.

I imagine he'd have gotten into even more trouble if they'd had Tindr back then.

:golfclap:

I like the cut of your square sail.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

Crocodile tears

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

https://twitter.com/davidcochrane/status/965552442694950912

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

vdarknight
Jul 4, 2007

That parrot is really broken.
See a vet.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

That's the most aerodynamic turtle I've ever seen.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

That's the most aerodynamic turtle I've ever seen.

Built for speed.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Turtle in a flat shell

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Turtle in a soft shell

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
Turtles on the half shell!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Where did you find this photo of me

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

I'd still take that offer, it sounds like a good deal.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

A fair lady

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

RoboRodent posted:

A fair lady

"Eminently marriageable girl"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Not remake, but sequel. McBride is supposed to be Dundee's secret American love child.

But yes, it must happen, if only to see Chris Hemsworth in more comedies. And Margot Robbie angrily demanding free beer.

Also Bindi Irwin is a beauty.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

In total fairness, if they had waited one more day the lion would have resurrected her.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Random Stranger posted:

In total fairness, if they had waited one more day the lion would have resurrected her.

It's a bit of a reach, but still drat good :golfclap:.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I always wondered what happened after a Silent Assassin rating.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

This is someone from an impoverished desert nation isn't it?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

DandyLion posted:

Only part of the US is an impoverished desert nation.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Internet Wizard posted:

for now

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Internet Wizard posted:

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

of course the gif cuts off before she does a leftside 180 which is the only part of her run that the average skiier couldn't do

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

DandyLion posted:

It's pretty wonderful. She identified what she needed to do to qualify and went out and did it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bad-american-skier-games-system-make-olympics-070235305.html

quote:

As Jason Blevins of the Denver Post explains, the international field for ladies’ halfpipe is not exceedingly deep. Qualifying for the Olympics involves recording a certain number of top-30 finishes in qualifying events and many of these events don’t even feature 30 people.

So Swaney burned up the globe, attending qualifiers in places like China, South Korea, Italy, Canada and New Zealand. After initially representing Venezuela in these events, Swaney claimed Hungarian ties through her grandparents. And thanks to a system of quotas, she eventually qualified for the Olympics, despite never attempting a single trick above the deck. Her best finish was 13th out of 15 competitors in China when most of the good freestyle skiers were competing at the same time in the United States.

“She would compete in them consistently over the last couple years and sometimes girls would crash so she would not end up dead last,” FIS judge Steele Spence told the Denver Post. “There are going to be changes to world cup quotas and qualifying to be eligible for the Olympics. Those things are in the works so technically you need to qualify up through the system.”

As the line goes, 80% of success is just showing up.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Remember the Bradbury Principle.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yo, honestly, she has expended the smallest amount of effort possible to go out and gently caress a bunch of olympians and I think that makes her a hero. :911:

Ignite Memories has a new favorite as of 16:27 on Feb 20, 2018

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Ignite Memories posted:

Yo, honestly, she has expended the smallest amount of effort possible to go out and gently caress a bunch of olympians and I think that makes her a hero. :911:

I heard some crazy things about the Olypmic village but that seems like a lot of work for a hot lay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Phanatic posted:

It's pretty wonderful. She identified what she needed to do to qualify and went out and did it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bad-american-skier-games-system-make-olympics-070235305.html

As the line goes, 80% of success is just showing up.

They say a lot of athletics is mental, not physical, and she nailed that part!