Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

That is the livery of a team that'd gonna phone it in and hope Honda's keep exploding so they don't finish last this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

https://twitter.com/NobleF1/status/965964826257383438

All black (well, with a couple of yellow swishy lines) on the sides.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
That's a good looking car for Carlitos to win a race in

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Is that the same yellow as last year? I think last year's yellow was warmer, I liked that yellow. Maybe it's the studio lighting.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Tsaedje posted:

That's a good looking car for Carlitos to win a race in

I hope he drives well this year, I quite like him and believe he's capable of a top level drive.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

That Renault looks gorgeous. It's also almost identical to last year's car. First car so far without Ferrari-style sidepods. Bargeboards look like the same ones they launched with last year.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The dayglow yellow on the Renault looks rad. The stripped down front wing is an interesting concept.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That view makes it's a yellow car with black bits when really it's a black car with yellow bits.

https://twitter.com/RenaultSportF1/status/965966784204386305

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thats a nice looking Renault.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

This is sexy.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Doc Morbid posted:

https://twitter.com/NobleF1/status/965964826257383438

All black (well, with a couple of yellow swishy lines) on the sides.

I like that shade of yellow, it should have more of it

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

drat all the cars are looking nice in the reveals this year.

The Sauber looks good, I like the Renault, RBR fake livery is great.

I'm assuming McLaren is going to suuuuuck.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wiltsghost posted:

This is sexy.

At least Toro Rosso's drivers will have a good view this year.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alfa Romeo is now a subsidary of FIAT and the name and the logo are part of Ferrari B team. Its like poetry.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Theophany posted:

At least Toro Rosso's drivers will have a good view this year.

I doubt the cameras will focus much on the Alfa, or do the garage TVs get multiple camera angles?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Powershift posted:

I doubt the cameras will focus much on the Alfa, or do the garage TVs get multiple camera angles?

lol :hf:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.nasdaq.com/press-release/ferrari-scuderia-ferrari-and-philip-morris-international-extend-their-partnership-20180220-00671

Ferrari N.V. (NYSE/MTA:RACE) announces that Scuderia Ferrari has extended its partnership agreement with Philip Morris International (NYSE: PM).

By virtue of this agreement, Scuderia Ferrari and Philip Morris International continue a collaboration of nearly five decades

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Renault looking great. I wish the Sauber had more red.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

DoctorGonzo posted:

https://www.nasdaq.com/press-release/ferrari-scuderia-ferrari-and-philip-morris-international-extend-their-partnership-20180220-00671

Ferrari N.V. (NYSE/MTA:RACE) announces that Scuderia Ferrari has extended its partnership agreement with Philip Morris International (NYSE: PM).

By virtue of this agreement, Scuderia Ferrari and Philip Morris International continue a collaboration of nearly five decades

Almost 50 years of selling cancer sticks to kids. GG.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

All these cars look worse for having the halo

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gret posted:

https://twitter.com/f1thunder/status/859141514219278336

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
from what an article said they're going to put those silvery bits from the Ducati into the Ferrari livery in preparation for selling those IQOS things if they get approval to advertise them

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

gret posted:

Smoke up, Johnny!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

wicka posted:

First car so far without Ferrari-style sidepods.

true, and interesting

it looks a bit much like a launch spec, imo....then again, the Sauber is the same. Let's see what they bring to spain. Livery is okay, black undercuts on the sidepods seems to be the new thing on many teams, here we at least have a yellow line.

tuo fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 20, 2018

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

e: nevermind

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gp2īs Markelov is Renault new test driver.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

e: loving double post, sorry

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

from what an article said they're going to put those silvery bits from the Ducati into the Ferrari livery in preparation for selling those IQOS things if they get approval to advertise them

I think the FDA already told them to eat poo poo and die in regards to the IQOS advertising.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

That Renault might actually just be the RS17 with the halo added and the sharkfin removed.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

DoctorGonzo posted:

Don't they just sublet all the space out for a profit anyway? How many people watching the sport now that didn't know about Marlboro before are really getting advertised to?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I looked it up and apparently IQOS means 'I quit ordinary smoking' :lol: just die already tobacco industry

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

That Renault might actually just be the RS17 with the halo added and the sharkfin removed.

Going with no Ferrari sidepods is a dumb move and it has to be structurally built into the crash structure so I could see that.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's possible to build a decent car with conventional sidepods.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
drat everyone's copying Ferrari. Kind of unfair that everyone else can just copy designs that the best team in Formula One history makes. Should be banned imo.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
To be fair Williams have ripped off Mercedes' front end

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tsaedje posted:

It's possible to build a decent car with conventional sidepods.

Decent isn't really what you want to aim for in a competitive sport. If it is conventional sidepods that's not a good sign for Renault.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Mercedes comfortably won both championships with conventional sidepods last season

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Renault are going to roll up in Barcelona with some wacky loving sidepods, mark my words.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If Merc doesn't have Ferrari sidepods then I'll eat my hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

All these cars look worse for having the halo

This should be the thread title of this thread and the 2018 in-season thread. No changes allowed.

• Locked thread