Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Aerodynamic design signals yielding to and working within a xenos environment. Better to double the engine output and brute force your way through that inferior airspace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Big Ink posted:

What am I looking at here? Is this all cast with intended surrounding slip? Is this forge world or is this a recast? Just... :wtc:

This was originally part of the Battle for Mccragge starter set way back in 4th edition. I should probably finish painting mine one of these days, I have a base coat that has been there for 10 years

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

berzerkmonkey posted:

Don't need them in space. At least, that's the excuse, anyway.

yeah except that aircraft is called an Aquila LANDER

wait that probably just means it was discovered by Albert Lander

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Moola posted:

wait that probably just means it was discovered by Albert Lander
You got it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Probably Land Albert

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Frobbe posted:

this is the FW model

It also belongs here. it's so ugly.

This is amazing. I have those terrain pieces and it's hilarious he made that into an actual ship. It looked really good!

Then he painted it and now it belongs here.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

That model was so close to having an amazing synth wave 80s look. :negative:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Iron Crowned posted:

Probably Land Albert

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Do you want to see my Prince (Land) Albert?

*goes outside to show off land raider*

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Lander?! I barely know her!

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

It just need to land. Taking off again, staying in the air or moving horizontally aren't important. Just shove it off the space-ship in orbit, let gravity do the rest of the work.

Turned out guardsmen were very unhappy about getting to the battlefield in just a box, the A-M enginseers figured it wouldn't be too heretical to stick some wings on the box to allay the grunts' fears.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

LashLightning posted:

It just need to land. Taking off again, staying in the air or moving horizontally aren't important. Just shove it off the space-ship in orbit, let gravity do the rest of the work.

Turned out guardsmen were very unhappy about getting to the battlefield in just a box, the A-M enginseers figured it wouldn't be too heretical to stick some wings on the box to allay the grunts' fears.
I mean you joke, but this is just straight up drop pods.
Also in DoW2, for the guard everything from stationary turrets to guardsmen to baneblades are delivered in identical shipping containers strapped to a valkyrie.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Theoretically it's a ground to orbit capable shuttle. If it can do that - and you're prepared to waste the fuel - it has thrust enough that aerodynamics aren't strictly necessary.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Moola posted:

Lander?! I barely know her!

Ayyyyyyy lmao

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
glue wings on a land raider

land lander

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Just found this lil' guy on ebay

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Giant Isopod posted:

In the grim darkness of Mr. Bill, there is only war.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Imperial vehicles look like someone discovered new technology that could make their vehicles go 1000 times faster then decided that 500 times faster was okay as long as their tank/plane/spaceship was twice as heavy.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Improbable Lobster posted:

Imperial vehicles look like someone discovered new technology that could make their vehicles go 1000 times faster then decided that 500 times faster was okay as long as their tank/plane/spaceship was twice as heavy.

Well of course not, they make their vehicles out of plas-steel and adamantium like all Emperor fearing souls should. They don't grow their ships out of bone crystals like some wussy space elves.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Guard vehicles looks like they found trading cards of old armor, but don't know how they work, so they just shove tech into similar shaped boxes as the trading cards.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

they're good bones bront

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

This is what happens when you don't apply two thin coats. That poor dog must be so embarrassed by that patchy paintjob.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Giant Isopod posted:

Would totally have a drink with this guy.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

If I could afford it I would field an entire army of nothing but poorly painted/assembled minis bought off eBay. I can only imagine the anger that would geneate.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Len posted:

If I could afford it I would field an entire army of nothing but poorly painted/assembled minis bought off eBay. I can only imagine the anger that would geneate.

That is one of the cheaper ways to actually field an army tho. In my experience it's never made anyone mad.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

The Aquila Lander doesn't actually land at all. It is designed to enter the atmosphere and then tumble violently towards the ground at an extreme velocity. It was discovered by Billy-Bob Lander.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

The Skeleton King posted:

The Aquila Lander doesn't actually land at all. It is designed to enter the atmosphere and then tumble violently towards the ground at an extreme velocity. It was discovered by Billy-Bob Lander.

also this isnt a wrecked lander

its just what they look like when they land

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Moola posted:

also this isnt a wrecked lander

its just what they look like when they land

Feature, not a bug

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Groetgaffel posted:

I mean you joke, but this is just straight up drop pods.

Yes, but when the rockets were added to slow decent there were lots of complaints from the more hardcore chapters. The solid *thump* of the landing is part of the process of awakening the older Dreadnoughts, after all.

Groetgaffel posted:

Also in DoW2, for the guard everything from stationary turrets to guardsmen to baneblades are delivered in identical shipping containers strapped to a valkyrie.

Everything is delivered flat-pack then assembled by tech-priests on site - although they tend to complain about sticking the guardsmen back together after they've been "ergonomically stowed".

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Moola posted:

why are all imperial aircrafts ugly looking bricks?

Xiphon, Lightning, Avenger, and Vulture are all pretty neat.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

LashLightning posted:

Yes, but when the rockets were added to slow decent there were lots of complaints from the more hardcore chapters. The solid *thump* of the landing is part of the process of awakening the older Dreadnoughts, after all.

Everything is delivered flat-pack then assembled by tech-priests on site - although they tend to complain about sticking the guardsmen back together after they've been "ergonomically stowed".

Also they always end up with so many leftover meat sprues, what a waste!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

mango sentinel posted:

Xiphon, Lightning, Avenger, and Vulture are all pretty neat.

vulture gets a pass cause its more like a gunship

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
More like a funship, amirite?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
if the funship's a rockin, dont come a knockin!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

If the funship's a rockin, check your stabilizers.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I believe you mean inertial dampeners.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Faces are hard..

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Most of that is "eyes are hard".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.

Muppetjedi posted:

Faces are hard..

I can't stop laughing.