Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm concerned because some say worldwide there are over 9000 genitals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Karate Bastard posted:

I'm concerned because some say worldwide there are over 9000 genitals.

Statistically, everyone has 1 labium and 1/2 a penis.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Syd Midnight posted:

its actually more like 1.001 labium & 0.499 penis

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Karate Bastard posted:

This also brings me to an uneasy question which I feel apprehensive asking, but hypothetically, if you were faced with 1,500 genitals, say if you were required to sign off on reception thereof, how would you go about counting them off to ensure you had indeed received exactly 1,500 genitals and not merely an approximation? I guess this ties back to the first question, but what would be the identification process? How would you itemize them? What would be the enumeration strategy?

At least the dicks should be pretty easy, assuming they are in the standard packaging (a bag). Everyone knows it's 15 per bag. 3 rows of 5. So just count bags and multiply by 15.

Of course the buns only come in packs of 8 because that's how they get you!

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
The obvious answer is to tag them like wildlife.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm concerned many of them will be still attached to people, or internal, or hopefully both. How do you count that? I don't even know for sure how many genitals go in a person? This is a terrible conundrum.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Karate Bastard posted:

How do you count that? I don't even know for sure how many genitals go in a person?

That one's easy - it depends on how fun they are :v:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

:goonsay: Uhhh, I believe you'll find that oil was formed from the biomass of ancient sea creatures, not terrestrial animals.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While this is funny it could probably have been done in like 1/3 of the panels.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

muscles like this! posted:

The overwrought length is probably part of the joke, like the old "Better Nate than Lever" joke.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Syd Midnight posted:

Fun (true) fact: almost everyone alive has more than the average number of arms.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

muscles like this! posted:

PBF did a similar but more straightforward gag in just 3 panels and even then they only really needed 2, they could have cut the first panel and shifted the speech bubble to the 2nd panel.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

PBF did a similar but more straightforward gag in just 3 panels and even then they only really needed 2, they could have cut the first panel and shifted the speech bubble to the 2nd panel.

I lik how the volcano in the second panel is meant to be a stand-in for the male dinosaur's (Saurolophus?) sexual climax.

Mr. Bad Guy has a new favorite as of 02:20 on Feb 21, 2018

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Samovar posted:

:goonsay: Uhhh, I believe you'll find that oil was formed from the biomass of ancient sea creatures, not terrestrial animals.

I thought it was supposed to be swamp forests. Like the tree biomass.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Bombadilillo posted:

I thought it was supposed to be swamp forests. Like the tree biomass.

It's currently thought that most coal came from trees that couldn't biodegrade while most oil came from sea biomass at the bottom of the ocean.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You guys all missed the part where the dinosaurs were speaking English.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

RareAcumen posted:

WFT

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

RareAcumen posted:

Maybe we've been speaking Dinosaurish all along?

#showerthoughts

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

RareAcumen posted:

In the preface to his novel-length treatment of Nightfall, Isaac Asimov explains to the reader that the use of terrestrial terms such as "meter" and "hour" was meant to avoid the introduction of distracting jargon, even though clearly an alien species evolving on a world far away and very different from ours would be using different ways to measure distance and time.

Also, despite what you might think from movies such as the Mankiewicz Julius Caesar and others, Romans did not simply speak English with Received Pronunciation.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

romans actually all sounded like grand moff tarkin, eventhe kids

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Absurd Alhazred posted:

In the preface to his novel-length treatment of Nightfall, Isaac Asimov explains to the reader that the use of terrestrial terms such as "meter" and "hour" was meant to avoid the introduction of distracting jargon, even though clearly an alien species evolving on a world far away and very different from ours would be using different ways to measure distance and time.

Well that's just plain courtesy right there.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Biplane posted:

Except for Caesar, who sounded like Captain Needa.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
"Missa comein no to praise Caesar, but to bury him!"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

veni-a vidi-a vici-a

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Biplane posted:

It's so annoying

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

the nobility of any civilization sounded like grand moff tarkin. the peasants and/or plebeians of any civilization sounded like gay cockney men

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I lik how the volcano in the second panel is meant to be a stand-in for the male dinosaur's (Saurolophus?) sexual climax.

I love that so many Americans can barely balance their checkbook or manage their lives but have a super encyclopedic knowledge of dinosaurs.

It really highlights the point at which the educational system failed most of the population.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I love that so many Americans can barely balance their checkbook or manage their lives but have a super encyclopedic knowledge of dinosaurs.

It really highlights the point at which the educational system failed most of the population.

yeah, we need practical, field experience with dinosaurs to back up the textbook knowledge

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

If you want to get really scared for this country, most Americans don't even USE checkbooks anymore.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

If you want to get really scared for this country, most Americans don't even USE checkbooks anymore.

Why would we? Electronic banking eliminated the need to reconcile your records with the bank. Log in to the bank site, make sure no erroneous transactions are there, and if you're feeling ambitious check the math. With fancy things like phone apps you can just check your balance any time you want instead of having to track that on paper.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

My 6th grade math teacher:

"You need to learn long division because in the real world you won't carry a calculator on you at all times"

lol

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

If you use checks then you deserve death.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Even the US Government doesn't care about checks anymore. Or balances :v:

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I am Canadian, and most, if not every single one, retail stores don't accept hand written checks. Even then, most places don't accept even gst checks besides drug stores and grocery stores.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Being aghast that Kids These Days don't know how to balance a checkbook is like being shocked they don't know how to drive a horse and carriage.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Who What Now posted:

If you use checks then you deserve death.

There's one bill I'm forced to pay by check every month. I hate it a lot.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I don't know if it's just that I tend to live in cheap places but every apartment I've rented required giving an actual check to the front office. Even the places I've just looked at around here have all said that payment is by check only.

I've had those days

Garrand has a new favorite as of 00:04 on Feb 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

There's one bill I'm forced to pay by check every month. I hate it a lot.

Same, cashier's checks from your bank are your friend