Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Unmature posted:

That's still a beautiful episode. When I saw Todd was the guest I knew just what they were going for and it was nice and cathartic.

Oh totally i just mean as a new listener

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Harris’ sister is on the Pod today :unsmith:

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
It took me way too long to realize PFT was doing a bad Bill Paxton (RIP) impression.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
"What if a bathroom flooded over some jewels". That line really tickled me, Will Hines is a delight.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
is there foam

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

GobiasIndustries posted:

Harris’ sister is on the Pod today :unsmith:

And even just from his retrospective of Harris, you can hear Scott is still completely broken up about his death :smith:

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
It became foam because Reggie misheard it, right?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Reggie also sang "Harrison's Foam Corner" I'm sure.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I think Foam Corner came from Harris tripping over his words and Scott jumping on it like he does. And Reggie for sure sang "Harrison's Foam Corner".

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I feel like it was a guest that misheard it as Foam Corner, and Harris and Scott both jumped on it.

I'll probably relisten to all the Harris eps again. They're all great.

It's like every Spring brings a reminder that Harris is dead.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The last You Made It Weird with Harris was fascinating. He was so upfront with stuff.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Reggie and Harris were guests on an episode when Scott asked Reggie to make a Harris' Phone Corner theme song. Reggie misheard it and made the Foam song, and everyone liked it too much to redo it.

Foam corner shows were always like Mike and Omar taking out the trash. Good epps!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The Ape of Naples posted:

The last You Made It Weird with Harris was fascinating. He was so upfront with stuff.

It's good but also infuriating. He knew exactly how stupid and self destructive all of that poo poo was, especially after his first overdose, but welp. Being angry at a dead guy for being dead doesn't help anything, especially when he didn't owe me the jokes I was enjoying for free in the first place, but it's still a real downer. At some point when someone's eyes are that obviously open I feel like you almost have to view it as a form of suicide.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sinteres posted:

It's good but also infuriating. He knew exactly how stupid and self destructive all of that poo poo was, especially after his first overdose, but welp. Being angry at a dead guy for being dead doesn't help anything, especially when he didn't owe me the jokes I was enjoying for free in the first place, but it's still a real downer. At some point when someone's eyes are that obviously open I feel like you almost have to view it as a form of suicide.

To be somewhat fair, as a guy with some forms of mental illness and who has been self destructive from birth I can totally relate. Even if I've never done drugs. I know I'm, as you state, "stupid and self destructive" and there really is nothing I can do about it. I know it's common for people seeing that to say "welp" but, really, we say "welp" as well. You can totally be mad at Harris. I can't speak for him but as someone who's still alive, at least for a short while longer, I'm just as angry at myself as anyone else could be angry at me. " I hate me as much as you hate me". All I'm trying to say is that we feel that infuriating feeling that you feel. That's the common ground.

E: I'm a poor communicator and I hope that makes sense. It's all just gobbledygook when I reread it.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

Harris was great at playing the laid back guy but that podcast showed he really was very hosed up and in deep trouble. Also pete holmes is the worst loving interviewer ever.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011

To be somewhat fair, as a guy with some forms of mental illness and who has been self destructive from birth I can totally relate. Even if I've never done drugs. I know I'm, as you state, "stupid and self destructive" and there really is nothing I can do about it. I know it's common for people seeing that to say "welp" but, really, we say "welp" as well. You can totally be mad at Harris. I can't speak for him but as someone who's still alive, at least for a short while longer, I'm just as angry at myself as anyone else could be angry at me. " I hate me as much as you hate me". All I'm trying to say is that we feel that infuriating feeling that you feel. That's the common ground.

E: I'm a poor communicator and I hope that makes sense. It's all just gobbledygook when I reread it.

I know what you mean I think. Try not to die!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

the Insane Piano posted:

I know what you mean I think. Try not to die!

Too late! But thanks.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I love you and I'm in love with you and all, stay mentally well goons I know it's a hard ride

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

Scott and Scott are back with the first episode of R U Talkin' R.E.M. Re: Me?

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/chronic-town/

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Sharparoni posted:

A perfectly stupid title.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
It'd be so great if Scott and Scott did a podcast about a good band.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Gargamel Gibson posted:

At this stage, I’m thinking Dave Chappelle is the only comedian with good* taste in music.

* subjective of course, but I’m also right.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Sharparoni posted:

is this working for anyone else? It won't load the podcast for me and also the apple podcast app has updated the title/picture for u talkin' but the new episode doesn't show up

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Just to be clear, I said his actions were stupid, not that he was. He was a smart guy who did some very stupid things, despite knowing better. I just wonder if he had any idea how loved he was while he was still alive; it's not an original thought, but it's too bad it takes someone dying for that to become clear sometimes. Anyway, I'm not trying to shame the dead guy, and it's no consolation at all that you're angry at yourself either, it's just hard to listen to the podcast where he talks about his drug addiction and how he was forced to give it up after a near death experience while knowing where it ended up not terribly long after.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sinteres posted:

Just to be clear, I said his actions were stupid, not that he was. He was a smart guy who did some very stupid things, despite knowing better. I just wonder if he had any idea how loved he was while he was still alive; it's not an original thought, but it's too bad it takes someone dying for that to become clear sometimes. Anyway, I'm not trying to shame the dead guy, and it's no consolation at all that you're angry at yourself either, it's just hard to listen to the podcast where he talks about his drug addiction and how he was forced to give it up after a near death experience while knowing where it ended up not terribly long after.

That's addiction :smith: It's hosed up and makes you do really stupid poo poo that you know is bad but it convinces you that yes in fact it is cool and good to do and is also really good at pushing literally everything else important out of your life. It's tough to describe.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It also needs stating repeatedly that he was a victim of being prescribed opioids after a back injury, which often leads down this path. Poor guy didn’t stand a chance.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Scott sounded conflicted when he talked about doing recreational drugs with Harris for Analyze Phish. Smoking some weed and doing the occasional hallucinogen is pretty minor stuff, but it's different when you find out the person you're doing them with has been secretly a heroin addict.

EL BROMANCE posted:

It also needs stating repeatedly that he was a victim of being prescribed opioids after a back injury, which often leads down this path. Poor guy didn’t stand a chance.

Yeah, it's the sad reality for way too many people. I have a close family member who's addicted to opioids and thinks he's smarter than the drug. "It may happen to other people, but it won't happen to me" is a very common thing to hear from opiate dependents in reference to ODing.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It's pretty brutal that reduced tolerance after kicking the habit is responsible for so many overdose deaths. It's like a cosmic gently caress you for trying to stop hurting yourself in the first place.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Gargamel Gibson posted:

No it wouldn't.

If I went "Yeah! That's true!" along with them extolling The Pixies or something, I think something would be lost.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

No it wouldn't.

If I went "Yeah! That's true!" along with them extolling The Pixies or something, I think something would be lost.

He said “good band”.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Pixies are fantastic, not merely "good"

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I like REM. I was already wondering how it would work if they did it about a good band.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
No one cares about any of your stupid dinosaur bands

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Some dinosaurs are cool. Some dinosaurs are still alive and influencing people.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Dylan McKay posted:

People don't like T-Rex?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
are you talking dinosaur jr to me?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Dylan McKay posted:

J Mascis rules.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Seaniqua posted:

are you talking dinosaur jr to me?

would subscribe

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Just give me a Barenaked Ladies show with Scott and Will Hines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'd prefer U Talkin' Talking Heads Head To Head?