Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

head58 posted:

Celebrated finishing painting all my Skorne by taking a group shot. There’s less here than I thought there would be.

That's awesome dude. I'd love to see a more detailed shot so I can see all you got, but you painted all that infantry to God bless ya.

Also 4 huge bases is a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

head58
Apr 1, 2013

waah posted:

That's awesome dude. I'd love to see a more detailed shot so I can see all you got, but you painted all that infantry to God bless ya.

Also 4 huge bases is a good thing.

Thanks. Of course I packed it all away and my camera is poo poo but here’s a closer triptych I took. Also I should have 5 huge bases - need another turtle. Some day. I’m calling it done and moving back to Khador where I have to paint 500% less filigree and flags.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
That's really awesome dude. Reminds me too, it's been a couple years since I've done a group shot. I should get everything out for touchups and a group photo.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Those Skorne are amazing, congrats dude.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

That's awesome. I thought your ferox riders were on warhammer cold ones but I wasn't sure.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

head58 posted:

Celebrated finishing painting all my Skorne by taking a group shot. There’s less here than I thought there would be.

Great work man, I did the same thing a few pages back and it really did feel good - and I also thought "what, that's it", really felt like it should be more miniatures.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
Does anyone know what the discountgamestore discount process is now if you email them? Percentages off?

I d like to order some models since the lgs hasn't been able to get me stock on some apparently for months.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
You get a refund at shipping of the difference to 30% off MSRP on an order of over $100 at their list price.

GameNerdz also has a hidden discount going on when you add stuff to the cart (about 32% off MSRP?), but they don't necessarily keep us as fast with new releases.

darnon fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 20, 2018

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

It has to be $100 of Privateer press stuff, keep that in mind. I went in on an order with someone to get the discount but he bought some fancy bases, which didn't count.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
To the surprise of absolutely no one i am the only person running a storm raptor at the Ontario team championship.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

Jimmy Hats posted:

To the surprise of absolutely no one i am the only person running a storm raptor at the Ontario team championship.

If Tom Guan can do it - so can you.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I usually really like coming up with my own color scheme/livery in tabletop games, but I think I'm going to paint my Cygnar and Khador pretty close to standard. Those are some pretty robits.

...on the other hand I think this royal purple thing I'm doing for the Circle guys I pulled outta storage yesterday is going to be super rad.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

You're strong and beautiful and you can do anything you want.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I just hope an una2 player is dumb enough to drop her into me so i can live the dream. Pow14 plasma nimbus would be so beautiful

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Reading posts about a strategy-heavy game like this when I don't really know the rules yet is often very similar to having a stroke. I'd be more worried but I actually am toasting some bread right now.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The beauty of warmachine is that nobody actually knows all the rules and everyone is terrible at this game

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jimmy Hats posted:

The beauty of warmachine is that nobody actually knows all the rules and everyone is terrible at this game

S.J.
May 19, 2008

food court bailiff posted:

Reading posts about a strategy-heavy game like this when I don't really know the rules yet is often very similar to having a stroke. I'd be more worried but I actually am toasting some bread right now.

Honestly I learn a lot better by just sitting down and watching stuff happen on the table and talking about it

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Jimmy Hats posted:

Here's one that I doubt anyone I know knows.

If you throw or slam someone while they're standing on a hill, and they are not on the hill afterwards, they take a pow 10 'fall damage' roll, that like collateral damage isn't considered an attack. With fall damage, you get an additional dice for every 3" they fall. You know, for all those times you're playing with a 3" or higher cliff? What?

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I’d love to see the elevation rules hammered out and simplified a bit more, mainly to encourage some insane Necromunda style Company of Iron boards.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I’ve used that! In that, I’ve been slammed off a hill and then the game to a screeching halt as we figured it all out.

Once in...four years of this hobby?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

My battle boxes arrived. I might be crazy but this colored plastic is about a thousand times better than the gray junk that was in the 2p Hordes starter I had.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
A lot of people actually hated the colored plastic when it came out complaining the details looked worse than the grey restic. I think it's due to the colored being slightly more translucent as once primered they're pretty comparable.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I could see that - they look kind of garbage from a distance, too. But up close the detail seems fine, it's a breeze to clean up, and that same translucency makes errant slivers/mold lines/whatever kind of light up.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
There's a recent ruling where a model with dual attack can charge something, fire off all its shots at whatever it wants to, and then take its initial melee and still have the charge bonus.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
For all the dubious cheesecake promo models in the PP Lootbox, the female Totem Hunter actually looks... good?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Jimmy Hats posted:

There's a recent ruling where a model with dual attack can charge something, fire off all its shots at whatever it wants to, and then take its initial melee and still have the charge bonus.

Oh that's a good one!

What's the most obscure rule everyone knows?

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.

Archenteron posted:

For all the dubious cheesecake promo models in the PP Lootbox, the female Totem Hunter actually looks... good?

Yup. Just wish she'd got the same armor as the old model so I didn't have to greenstuff some thigh plates and belly armor.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

!Klams posted:

Oh that's a good one!

What's the most obscure rule everyone knows?

Amphibious gives you concealment while you are within a shallow water feature? A bit more obscure is Moorclaw marshalling a Rover has both pointblank and assault, so it can make two attacks with the same weapon.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
A lot of people don't know you can draw LOS from the back of your base as long as the thing you're looking at is in your front arc.

I've never seen anyone use the terraced obstructions rules on pg81 (eg a hill that grants cover when you're behind it).

Impassable terrain isn't an obstruction, you don't get the DEF bonus for being attacked in melee around it, and it doesn't cause collateral damage.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

xiw posted:

I've never seen anyone use the terraced obstructions rules on pg81 (eg a hill that grants cover when you're behind it).

...whut the gently caress? Lol, amazing!

Although just thought, that would probably count as bring over 3" tall right?! Gonna start playing with 'terraced obstructions' asap!

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I've had essentially a large garden planter which we used as a terraced obstruction for awhile, but we downgraded it to just a hill so we could place it without worrying too much about giving too much defense.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I used to do terraced hills but people always whine and bitch around here about 3D terrain

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Jimmy Hats posted:

I used to do terraced hills but people always whine and bitch around here about 3D terrain

Yeah, most WMH players around here don't like 3d terrain either. Unless they are playing Company of Iron, which I really wish I could play more of but I can't even get regular games in lately.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

What's wrong with 3d terrain?

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Harder to store and creates problems with balancing models on the edge of it.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Its a precision thing, yeah.

Im super excited for star wars legion since the game is designed to work with 3D terrain (only one model in the unit needs to be precise, climbing rules, etc)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I take back everything I said about the plastic. Everything was pretty okay (some mold lines, some bubble pits, nothing too major) until I tried assembling my Khador Decimator - one of the shoulder areas cooled at a slower rate than the rest of the model or something and isn't actually any kind of straight line, so there's a giant gap between the torso and part of the shoulder pad. I've gotten it a little better just by shaving from both the shoulder pad and the torso with a razor, but I think I'm going to have to wait until my Vallejo Plastic Putty gets here to actually glue the bastard in - the seam is right in a place where it'd be a pain trying to work putty in after gluing due to the armor plates. Bah.

e: not to come off as a Robot Pervert but anyone got shots of nicely painted warjacks from behind? Surprisingly hard to find reference photos and it's like....are there three little lines running off the side of that circular hatch, or two and a mold line?

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 22, 2018

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

food court bailiff posted:

e: not to come off as a Robot Pervert but anyone got shots of nicely painted warjacks from behind? Surprisingly hard to find reference photos and it's like....are there three little lines running off the side of that circular hatch, or two and a mold line?

This guy fucks (robots).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Bradigus is good now btw.