Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don’t like the alchemy system that’s all it meant.

I don’t understand the dice game either I’m dumb :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

taels posted:

I'm going to ask again because I'm a lazy piece of poo poo, but if you get caught pick pocketing outside of town, is it best to just commit and :killing: ? Thought someone said they will report you eventually somehow and you'll get a wanted flag/ guard aggro/ rep hit.

killed the transient wayfarer, I felt nothing.

The npcs will start running toward town and report to the guards. Best not to leave witnesses

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Empress Brosephine posted:

I don’t understand the dice game either I’m dumb :(
Farkle is also fun to play irl

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X
Game needs customizable/ colored fletching for the arrows. It's loving impossible finding what you've killed let alone a stray arrow in the woods.
Traps and lures woulda been great too, sometimes ya just only find two rabbits an hour. Oh well first time i've left rattay so maybe best it's uneventful.

taels fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 21, 2018

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I got owned by the Robber Baron quest and lost ~3 hours progress. I think people mentioned it here before but I wasn't listening. Something about if you go report the camp's location back to Bernard, after you kill the Baron, any saves made after you turn in the quest are corrupted and won't load. If while scouting you just happen to kill everyone it's fine. Not sure if there's a third diplomatic solution yet, cbf replaying it again.

roy harder
Jul 14, 2005

The things I've seen...
I've been playing for about 25 hours and I have only killed 7 people and maybe 10 animals. Spent most of my time talking to people, exploring and being law abiding. I guess I broke the law a little bit when I robbed a person after he refused to help those in need without me paying him first. I did pay him though. Great experience so far!

Well, except for that guy doing the VO for Diwish sounding like a guy in his twenties.

roy harder fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 21, 2018

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

taels posted:

So i just found the beggar by the side of the road who has the 3rd demonic dice of ???
I killed him though as I wanted to see how archery was outside of competing with Hans. I didn't expect to hit him in the neck from 20 meters, or for him to bleed out running away. Will that complicate finishing the quest chain?

I bought the 2nd and 3rd off of roadside hobos. You can choose to use them when gambling, but I'm not really sure what they do.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Shanghaied posted:

I bought the 2nd and 3rd off of roadside hobos. You can choose to use them when gambling, but I'm not really sure what they do.

I think they always roll a 6?

taels
Oct 19, 2012

I left for the woods, with my bow and three arrows.
I have claimed my first two kills...

A doe my first conquest

Laying out sacrifice for my foul moon god of the hump

As I leave with my 76 virginsvenison I see a greater more ferocious beast!

360 nighttime noscope

IM A MAN NOW

edit: gently caress im an idiot damaged by years of stuffs and things, the whole point of this was to ask how i can best make bank off this 162 venison since it's going to take me literal hours to walk home with.

taels fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 21, 2018

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

TomViolence posted:

Is the Rob the Rich, Give to the Poor quest broken or do I have to do something to get the vagabond out of the stocks?

Wondering the same, he's been in that pillory for like 3 weeks for me

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

taels posted:

I left for the woods, with my bow and three arrows.
I have claimed my first two kills...

A doe my first conquest

Laying out sacrifice for my foul moon god of the hump

As I leave with my 76 virginsvenison I see a greater more ferocious beast!

360 nighttime noscope

IM A MAN NOW

edit: gently caress im an idiot damaged by years of stuffs and things, the whole point of this was to ask how i can best make bank off this 162 venison since it's going to take me literal hours to walk home with.

COOK IT AND SELL THAT poo poo, BRUH! :c00lbert:

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Make sure to cook it on the butcher's own fire.

It feels best that way.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i love that this game makes all the characters have the values of the times(i took a bunch of medievel religion classes) so like that everyone greets you with a "jesus be praised" or something and that you can poo poo on a begger for not taking his punishment from god(being poor) with dignity.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

TomViolence posted:

Is the Rob the Rich, Give to the Poor quest broken or do I have to do something to get the vagabond out of the stocks?

ya, its hosed

taels
Oct 19, 2012

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

COOK IT AND SELL THAT poo poo, BRUH! :c00lbert:

cook it into what though I have no idea how to do that

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Clanpot Shake posted:

It annoys the hell out of me that treasure maps are sorted alphabetically instead of by the numerical value of the Roman numerals. I realize middle ages Bohemia probably didn't have knowledge of Arabic numerals but I'm pretty loving sure they knew Treasure Map XV came before Treasure Map XIX.

Eh, they started to spread through Europe in after the Crusades.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_numerals#Adoption_in_Europe

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I love that drunk Henry overembellishes his hand movements when talking to people, throwing in some bows and exaggerated waves

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

So paying for a "woman's companionship" at the bathhouse gives you a +2 charisma boost that lasts pretty long. I think it's been up for 2 days now.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Ok, I tested the "leg day" perk under Herbalism.

Going from 10 to 15 Herbalism with Leg Day enabled is enough to raise your Strength from approx 1.2 to 4. It's a nice boost in the early game at least but only if you're into grinding Herbalism.

taels
Oct 19, 2012

I cooked the hare and venison, but I all I got was "cooked hair meet, cooked venison". Do you need the appropriate perks to get more than that when cooking raw meat>?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
How's the gore? Is this game bloody as gently caress?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

taels posted:

I cooked the hare and venison, but I all I got was "cooked hair meet, cooked venison". Do you need the appropriate perks to get more than that when cooking raw meat>?

Go to any cooking pot, look at the fire underneath it, and you should get a Cook Food option. Cooking it makes it legal again and you can sell it to any merchant that will buy it.

Tumble posted:

How's the gore? Is this game bloody as gently caress?

Definitely worthy of the M-rating. Blood coats armor and clothing, there are scenes depicting murders or other slayings, but there isn't any active dismemberment by the player as far as I have seen. You can't go around chopping limbs and heads off.

Anybody: is there a combo tutorial online? I cannot figure this out. I've tried clicking before the strike, just after the strike, at the moment the strike is audible, but nothing will get me a combo. What is the specific moment to press the slash button again? Do I have to hold the button down? Do I have to press two buttons simultaneously like a reposte? I've tried the training event with Bernard dozens of times, and after 20 or so attempts it just completes the objective when I hit him once, never having completed a combo. I still haven't learned how to combo.
:smith:

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Found a good collection of bugs on youtube. Quite a few of these made me laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAFnijnPYGU

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Go to any cooking pot, look at the fire underneath it, and you should get a Cook Food option. Cooking it makes it legal again and you can sell it to any merchant that will buy it.

Definitely worthy of the M-rating. Blood coats armor and clothing, there are scenes depicting murders or other slayings, but there isn't any active dismemberment by the player as far as I have seen. You can't go around chopping limbs and heads off.

Anybody: is there a combo tutorial online? I cannot figure this out. I've tried clicking before the strike, just after the strike, at the moment the strike is audible, but nothing will get me a combo. What is the specific moment to press the slash button again? Do I have to hold the button down? Do I have to press two buttons simultaneously like a reposte? I've tried the training event with Bernard dozens of times, and after 20 or so attempts it just completes the objective when I hit him once, never having completed a combo. I still haven't learned how to combo.

Im not 100% on this but it might be a skill perk.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

If you're using a Longsword with a shield the combos won't work, Longswords are a two handed weapon, so that might be it.

Question: has anyone tried NOT throwing dung at Deutsche's house? What happens?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Question: has anyone tried NOT throwing dung at Deutsche's house? What happens?

I didn't join in on the dung-throwing, in my game. You still get the rant from your dad (as though you participated) but that's about it.

EDIT: On the topic, what happens if you do join in on the dung-throwing? Do you get caught/in trouble, or?

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 21, 2018

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This is a pretty basic question but are you making sure to change where you're aiming?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Major Isoor posted:

I didn't join in on the dung-throwing, in my game. You still get the rant from your dad (as though you participated) but that's about it.

EDIT: On the topic, what happens if you do join in on the dung-throwing? Do you get caught/in trouble, or?

If the guard catches you he lets you go because he is also racist

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

muscles like this! posted:

This is a pretty basic question but are you making sure to change where you're aiming?

Trying to, yes, but the game seems to automatically choose the next swing if you press the attack button quickly enough. I see the direction arrow flash for the next attack in the combo, I try to move the mouse in that direction and press attack when my weapon clangs from the strike. I have only purchased short sword combo perks, and am using a short sword and shield.

In the training event you get a long sword, and it's supposed to be upper swing, upper right, then a lower swing. If I wait until the clang, the game has me do an uppercut for the second swing, instead of down from the upper right. So I'll attack from straight up to start the combo, but then another attack press makes me swing from below.

When are you supposed to press the attack button the second and third time? When the game flashes the next direction arrow (before the strike), exactly when the weapon connects (when it clangs), or after that? Because I have tried all three and it doesn't matter whether I change the attack direction or let the game do it: my second strike is never both 1) from the correct direction and 2) at the correct time to be a combo. My stats still say I have only done 1 combo, despite completing the training event a few dozen times.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

general combat video, pretty helpful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNlk6i2aK3c

Another guy on combos specifically.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyv2Q1ozuis

Press the attack button just after the blow hits/is blocked. The dot in the middle of the attack directions also flashes white at that time.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Major Isoor posted:

You get to fight (helping stats!) and you know good stuff, teach those filthy germans a lesson

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

So is Henry a knight at a certain point? Everyone is calling me sir knight while I am asking about the dude with a limp. Doesn't being a knight come with land and other titles though?

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

ughhhh posted:

So is Henry a knight at a certain point? Everyone is calling me sir knight while I am asking about the dude with a limp. Doesn't being a knight come with land and other titles though?

it's based on how you dress/behave so they're probably calling you a knight because you kill the peasants who have turned to banditry, upholding the current order and dressing in sweet plate armor.

taels
Oct 19, 2012

How long does it take Kazuhira Miller to get money back, dude pays the best and has 400-500 gold but I tapped him out.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

ughhhh posted:

Doesn't being a knight come with land and other titles though?

For most of history a knight was just an armored fighting man, it wasn't until much later it became an honorary title that distinguished you as not a peer, but at least not a filthy commoner. Even then I don't believe it came with land though. Also, all the people calling you a knight are peasants, they don't know any better anyway

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Makes sense, I still don't have plate but I'm covered in mail and all my cloth equipment has noble in it's name (stolen ofc).

Also how far into the main quest chain is going to look for the limp legged dude?

dpf
Sep 17, 2011

So the game is starting to lag more and more. Textures are failing to load quickly, faces and armor are failing to appear.

Really evident during Baptism of Fire. I get the feeling some of the important cut-scenes didn't load, because I got a bunch of dialogue during a loading screen and then was suddenly in a climactic fight. e: looking at youtube, some of the cutscenes didn't even play. Also had a moment when everyone was standing around doing nothing. Loading also took ages (will be updgrading to an SSD soon, which I assume will help with that).

Only running a 960 with 8GB RAM so I think I'm doing OK at medium, but are there any tricks and tips anyone has picked up to make things run a bit smoother? Cheers

dpf fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 21, 2018

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Mondian posted:

For most of history a knight was just an armored fighting man, it wasn't until much later it became an honorary title that distinguished you as not a peer, but at least not a filthy commoner. Even then I don't believe it came with land though. Also, all the people calling you a knight are peasants, they don't know any better anyway

I think during this period knights were almost exclusively from the nobility, with a few highly skilled peasants thrown in:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight#Knightly_culture_in_the_Middle_Ages

quote:

The institution of knights was already well-established by the 10th century. While the knight was essentially a title denoting a military office, the term could also be used for positions of higher nobility such as landholders. The higher nobles grant the vassals their portions of land (fiefs) in return for their loyalty, protection, and service. The nobles also provided their knights with necessities, such as lodging, food, armour, weapons, horses, and money. The knight generally held his lands by military tenure which was measured through military service that usually lasted 40 days a year. The military service was the quid pro quo for each knight's fief. Vassals and lords could maintain any number of knights, although knights with more military experience were those most sought after. Thus, all petty nobles intending to become prosperous knights needed a great deal of military experience. A knight fighting under another's banner was called a knight bachelor while a knight fighting under his own banner was a knight banneret.

A knight had to be born of nobility – typically sons of knights or lords. In some cases commoners could also be knighted as a reward for extraordinary military service. Children of the nobility were cared for by noble foster-mothers in castles until they reached age seven.

Knobb Manwich posted:

general combat video, pretty helpful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNlk6i2aK3c

Another guy on combos specifically.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyv2Q1ozuis

Press the attack button just after the blow hits/is blocked. The dot in the middle of the attack directions also flashes white at that time.

Oh neat, it's just insanely hard. :sweatdrop:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
can i sell or do something with a horse i took from a bandit camp, or do i just stockpile them somewhere for the hell of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

i like the game, but its annoying as hell how I can't progress the main quest due to a bug preventing the next one from triggering