Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
the best part is how "machine gun" is defined by finger movements rather than by how many bullets it can put through a child each second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/966114680497373184

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

all I have to do to improve america is buy that hat?

i dunno man it says vote democrat on it

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Elephanthead posted:

Oh gently caress tide pods are going to destroy an entire generations right to life. Sorry kids Billy made a you tube video so you get to be mass murdered. Tough break.

it owns because boomers generationally ingested lead at alarming rates

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

blue squares posted:

yeah whats the big deal?

you arent sure why an article with a premise of "i bought an ar-15 with no background check" might be dumb because he neither bought it nor waited around for the background check before leaving?

:thunk:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Duscat posted:

the best part is how "machine gun" is defined by finger movements rather than by how many bullets it can put through a child in a second

pass a law that says rate of fire must be referred to in terms of dead kids per second (dkps)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/966122576815640577

Linda a politician And in office?! New season of Bob's Burgers already rules

yeah no poo poo it's a good idea to not stick to the strategy that lost you 1300 seats nationwide and sent the left spiraling into a forever hell of GOP legislatures making it so only white land owners can vote

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/daveshumka/status/966123768845234176

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
3 idiots at a tide pod: haha this generation is loving stupid *guzzles gasoline*

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/pbump/status/966033843512750080

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

anime was right posted:

and syphillis

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Lastgirl posted:

I've been reading and spotting all the stupid idiots who go :smugdog::pipe: "sorry children don't have a voice because they eat tide pods" on twitter all day~

https://twitter.com/plp1676/status/966126093831954432

https://twitter.com/brandongroeny/status/966103510470352897

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol not even close

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

mormonpartyboat posted:

trump ordered the doj (????) to start work towards banning them

its hilarious and i have no idea how this will go through since there's no leeway for grandfathering if you call them machine guns and a whole bunch of people are gonna instantly become felons

it's never gonna go through but if it did, it'd be poetic justice, because how many times have they heard "the democrats are gonna take all your guns" and their response has always been to run off to buy more guns for the democrats to take away

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
better to eat a tide pod than a bullet, i imagine

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

cool startup feel posted:

oh poo poo, where'd you find my twitter account?

nice tits

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

anime was right posted:

yeah but they treat that like it made them tougher or some poo poo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol remember when the NRA announced they'd go ad silent for exactly 7 days after Vegas because they correctly predicted that that was how long it would take for everybody to forget

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i have to buy a car and thanks to craigslist have discovered there is a dealership near me which claims to accept bitcoin

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
As a former everquest player I know all about dkps and let me tell you, it only causes guild drama

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
TFR gang tag?

https://twitter.com/soapachu/status/965609583522799617

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the nra better at observing a moment of silence than paul ryan

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Epic High Five posted:

lol remember when the NRA announced they'd go ad silent for exactly 7 days after Vegas because they correctly predicted that that was how long it would take for everybody to forget

:goofy:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

jfc are they all going to make this joke?

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

pass a law that says rate of fire must be referred to in terms of dead kids per second (dkps)

i'd sidestep the whole issue by making possession of any semiautomatic weapon or any weapon with an interchangeable magazine a felony

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
the hallways of america's schools are covered with bright sludge from today's youths gorging themselves on tide pods as they slowly crawl from class to class in a chemical stupor

and you liberals say they have better judgement than the founding fathers or Dinesh D’Souza?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

you arent sure why an article with a premise of "i bought an ar-15 with no background check" might be dumb because he neither bought it nor waited around for the background check before leaving?

:thunk:

????

did YOU read the article

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

it isn't actually 16 year olds eating tide pods, though

it's 20-30somethings out for internet cred

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
trump

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Mozambique has an ak 47 on their flag and they have less mass shootings than the us

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

blue squares posted:

????

did YOU read the article

quote:

After he walked me through the paperwork, all five pages of it, I told him I changed my mind and wanted to think more before I bought an AR-15. He told me it wasn’t a problem and listed the store hours if I wanted to come back. I then said thank you and walked back to my car.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Epic High Five posted:

this whole saga is an excellent example of how the right in this country is just fundamentally incapable of dealing with someone who uses their own tactics against them

well yeah, theyre literally bullies

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
another weird trick to buy an ar-15 without a background check is to google "gun show"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Sir Tonk posted:

jfc are they all going to make this joke?

yes

its what i stumbled across, I have seen a pattern today

and excuse me, it is not a joke, it is a sensible adult discussion debunking why children survivors who have had a first hand account of gun violence should not have a platform thank you very much~ :o:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

The ak is crossed with a ho

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Duscat posted:

another weird trick to buy an ar-15 without a background check is to google "gun show"

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Dairy Days posted:

the atf made some cop excuses about the abstraction of the finger and the shoulder interacting with the trigger being too far removed from some legal language im not joking

It's easy to combine engineering and lawyering to get around any sort of ban. An AR-15 isn't even an "assault rifle", it is however a revolver, a musket, and a machine gun.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/966122576815640577

Linda a politician And in office?! New season of Bob's Burgers already rules

holy poo poo I never bothered looking up all of the wacky adventures Dan Johnson had before he popped himself

quote:

Of all Dan Johnson’s scams, the biggest he has pulled off was on the voters in the 49th House district last November.

He was pretty above-board during the campaign about his message of racism and hatred. He, for example, posted images on Facebook of President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, with ape-like faces.

But the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting has, in a thoroughly reported account, revealed much more about Johnson, who calls himself “bishop” and “pope” in his role of the presiding minister at the Heart of Fire Church.

The most disturbing, and sensational, accusation KyCIR detailed was that Johnson molested a 17-year-old girl on New Year’s Eve in 2012.

Now 21, Maranda Richmond says she attended Johnson’s church and was a friend of his daughter. After a wild, boozy New Year’s Eve party — heavy drinking parties including juveniles appear to be a regular part of the “worship” at Heart of Fire — she stayed over with Johnson’s daughter only to wake up in the wee hours with Johnson kneeling over her. She says he kissed her, fondled her, forced his hands under her pants and penetrated her with his finger.

Richmond filed a police complaint but Johnson was never interviewed and the case was closed. Tuesday Johnson denied the charges and said he wouldn’t step down, despite a call from the Republican Party and others to do so.

But KyCIR uncovered much more in Johnson’s long, seamy past:

▪ In 1985, Louisville police found Johnson’s Cadillac Coupe de Ville doused with gasoline. Two people arrested at the scene said Johnson had paid them to torch it. Johnson reported it stolen the next morning but eventually admitted he’d paid to have it destroyed so he could collect insurance. Indicted on charges of arson and filing a false police report, he pleaded not guilty and completed a six-month diversion program and the charges were dropped.

▪ In 2000, Johnson’s Heart of Fire church burned in a blaze that investigators concluded was intentionally set. The back door was unlocked and a flammable liquid had been poured along a hallway. Johnson said the church had been threatened and blamed the Ku Klux Klan. The insurance company sued, raising questions about poor security and pointing out the church was deep in debt, as is common in arson cases. That case was settled and no arson charges were filed.

▪ Alcoholic Beverage Control officers have cited Johnson and the church three times for selling alcohol without a license. These sales happened at regular weekend church parties. KyCIR described them as “Bikers, booze and, occasionally, bare breasts ... a costume party featuring zombie nuns in short skirts.” In a 2009 trial Johnson, dressed in a priest’s collar and wearing a cross, claimed that the drinks were served as part of a “communion.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
and yet a third one is to buy one off craigslist

• Locked thread