Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Duscat posted:

lol this is p loving awesome, us visas to russian citizens are now issued under russian discretion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Duscat posted:

otoh trump wasted nine times that siccing cruise missiles on an emptied-out airfield that he warned all the russians to get away from, to make an empty PR gesture that everyone thought was dumb

it's amazing how badly the 2nd and 3rd gen rich waste their advantages

lol, everyone thought was dumb

the worthless media and pundit class was jerking themselves off on live TV, who was that gently caress who was quoting Cohen over 100 million worth of school lunches being dumped into an airfield that was operational the next day

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
everyone who watches fox news or listens to am radio are being influenced by kremlin-linked trolls

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

mormonpartyboat posted:

18 year olds are too young to have an opinion on guns

except maybe which of my totally tubular gun deals to look at

we got your shotguns we got your rifles we got your punisher t-shirts

18 year olds shouldn't have opinions on guns, they're too young

also 18 year olds should be able to buy ar-15s legally, they're old enough

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Epic High Five posted:

lol not even close

"Friend Bear," I said, gazing directly into the animal's eyes

Friend Ben, came the response--not spoken, but...felt.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Duscat posted:

lol this is p loving awesome, us visas to russian citizens are now issued under russian discretion
Why? To make the world one again. The world used to be whole. But with the end of the Second World War, the Philosophers began to fight amongst themselves and the world was torn apart. The Cobras, my comrades who trained and fought alongside me, were torn apart as well. The foibles of politics and the march of time can turn friends into enemies just as easily as the wind changes. Ridiculous, isn't it? Yesterday's ally becomes today's opposition. And this Cold War? Think back... When I was leading the Cobras, America and Russia were fighting together. Now consider whether America and Russia will still be enemies in the 21st century. Somehow, I doubt it. Enemies change along with the times, and the flow of the ages. And we soldiers are forced to play along. I didn't raise you and shape you into the man you are today just so we could face each other in battle. A soldier's skills aren't meant to be used to hurt friends. So then what is an enemy? Is there such thing as an absolute timeless enemy? There is no such thing and never has been. And the reason is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms. The world must be made whole again. The Philosophers must be reunited. I will devote my skills to that purpose. And with the Colonel's money, I will achieve that end. Just as I once created the Cobras. They are my family. I may no longer be able to bear children but I still have a family.

:thunk:

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Homeless Friend posted:

somebody fix this loss edit

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Internet Webguy posted:

everyone who watches fox news or listens to am radio are being influenced by kremlin-linked trolls

the problem is the olds and boomers on social media are too befuddled with technology to see it unlike the more internet savvy generation that posts outside of social media spheres

everyone is unprepared for the next level poo poo

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

jfc are they all going to make this joke?

They have been given their talking points from Rush Limbaugh and/or Russian troll farms

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Joementum posted:

i have to buy a car and thanks to craigslist have discovered there is a dealership near me which claims to accept bitcoin

buy a miata!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
lmao the gop just lost a kentucky special election in a district that trump won by 117 points

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

live shot of trump's announcement to crack down on bumpstocks

https://twitter.com/PRESlDENTBANNON/status/964294112185847808

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

i mean, if 14-year-olds can marry, 18-year-olds sure should be able to gun down their estranged spouses

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
hosed up Olympics moment: The woman ice skating to the score from "Eyes Wide Shut" may not have been alive when "Eyes Wide Shut" came out.

E: Nevermind, she was born in 1997.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Duscat posted:

i mean, if 14-year-olds can marry, 18-year-olds sure should be able to gun down their estranged spouses

how else a shotgun wedding

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Why? To make the world one again. The world used to be whole. But with the end of the Second World War, the Philosophers began to fight amongst themselves and the world was torn apart. The Cobras, my comrades who trained and fought alongside me, were torn apart as well. The foibles of politics and the march of time can turn friends into enemies just as easily as the wind changes. Ridiculous, isn't it? Yesterday's ally becomes today's opposition. And this Cold War? Think back... When I was leading the Cobras, America and Russia were fighting together. Now consider whether America and Russia will still be enemies in the 21st century. Somehow, I doubt it. Enemies change along with the times, and the flow of the ages. And we soldiers are forced to play along. I didn't raise you and shape you into the man you are today just so we could face each other in battle. A soldier's skills aren't meant to be used to hurt friends. So then what is an enemy? Is there such thing as an absolute timeless enemy? There is no such thing and never has been. And the reason is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms. The world must be made whole again. The Philosophers must be reunited. I will devote my skills to that purpose. And with the Colonel's money, I will achieve that end. Just as I once created the Cobras. They are my family. I may no longer be able to bear children but I still have a family.

:thunk:

man, i never picked up on any of this as a kid, i guess Karate Kid was deeper movie than i thought

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

THREAD'S CLOGGED
dunno bout you guys but tonight im feeling pretty TRUMO (feel like poo poo)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

i'm so tired i can't even get out of bed right now and i don't know if it's the onset of the flu or just being alive

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/966145576676052992

this is one of my all time favorite clickhole articles

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

what the gently caress

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

in my mind this would have been all stick figure people and the gun would only have appeared in the last frame, but it's still a solid 5/7 imho

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/status/966113384138764288

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/966089253464739841

Nonsense has issued a correction as of 04:21 on Feb 21, 2018

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

the problem is the olds and boomers on social media are too befuddled with technology to see it unlike the more internet savvy generation that posts outside of social media spheres

everyone is unprepared for the next level poo poo

a complete incapacity to deal with any situation where you can't just call the manager and make a scene and get a free omelette is the single most important trait of multiple generations that make up the majority of the ruling class

they arent even at the step where they're in a conversation and arent sure about a detail so they pull their phone out of their pocket to check it

they're stuck on the part where there's just all this information and you tend to believe whatever fits your aesthetic and go where it leads

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
first Neera Tanden, next Tom Friedman, great show Lawrence O'Donnell lined up tonight

time to watch ice sports

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
like the concept of "maybe the people who say things i like to hear are doing it so i click on their page and get them ad revenue, rather than out of the honest beliefs of their hearts" is beyond the people that lean so heavily towards free market solutions predicated on perfectly rational decision makers

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

hideo kojima probably should have been appointed president of the world or something after mgs2 so we could avoid this poo poo

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

yeah basically

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
MGS 2 owns

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

might as well TRUMP

goahead and TRUMp

*collapses in pain*

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

:wow:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
everything is perfectly and handcraftedly stupid and im gonna fire up shogun 2 and blow up some mans

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

♫ i'm popeye the buttsex man
i'm takin' it in the can ♫

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

using your post to trap trump in the matrix forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe