Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

oh yes that's the one where the two-year-old is inadvertently put into her fertile cycle by a tachyon storm or whatever and she has to mate with someone or die

He's not joking. I don't know this, because I only watched what I thought were "a few" episodes of Voyager as a child (stopping when they all got infected with those flying helicopter bugs that are like the enemies in Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time), but that is Kes and she only lives for seven or nine years or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/2DxrL0N.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/X55Q0O1.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/5rwSbfU.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/V31JO81.mp4

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

He's not joking. I don't know this, because I only watched what I thought were "a few" episodes of Voyager as a child (stopping when they all got infected with those flying helicopter bugs that are like the enemies in Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time), but that is Kes and she only lives for seven or nine years or something.

Holy poo poo so it's like an inversion of the "it's OK, she might look 9 but she's actually an ancient demon". Same ballpark but actually much, much worse!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yeah, it's like dog years for humans. "She's only 2 but they only live until they're 7 so basically she's 20 if the average human age is 70."

Barry Bluejorts
Jun 30, 2013

Now please touch your finger to the tip of your nose.
Pillbug

Randaconda posted:

projector forgetter

Honestly, how does this happen? How are you not constantly aware that you're in a room full of children and you're connected to a projector?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Memento posted:

Holy poo poo so it's like an inversion of the "it's OK, she might look 9 but she's actually an ancient demon". Same ballpark but actually much, much worse!

I really doubt that's the angle they were taking. Given the lifespan of the species ,the character was developmentally an adult and presented as an adult to the audience. Some of the other stuff going on might make for a perverse episode, but it's nowhere near as creepy as the "10,000-years-old demon in the body of a little girl" thing since that's just straight pedo poo poo with the thinnest veneer of justification brushed across the top.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Sagebrush posted:

there's a character in voyager who is part of a race that physically matures incredibly fast, so the early-twenties-looking girl of that species that they pick up and add to the crew has actually only been alive for two years. the ship's cook, an approximately 50-something alien, later starts a sexual relationship with this girl who is mentally and literally two years old.
Right, but not at the state of cognitive development a human 2 year old is, so using the age to imply childhood is misleading.

Like I think it's a weird concept to explore only via the experiences of a super hot 20-something-looking woman. It's for sure problematic. The cook being so much older doesn't help, either, since if she gets it on with someone who's been an adult for about the amount of time she's been an adult it gets less weird.

I kind of have a soft spot for Voyager but mostly because I like Seven of Nine and the Doctor.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

PetraCore posted:

I kind of have a soft spot for Voyager but mostly because I like Seven of Nine and the Doctor.

:same:

Robert Picardo did a good job on that show. The only things I see him in these days are flyers for the Planetary Society.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Don't make me post autist-kickboxing.gif again

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

oh no he's gonna do it!!!

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

God drat, I legitimately started to tear up watching this gif for the same reason that other posters have said. Whoever made it really needed to add a big red "(HE'S STILL ALIVE)" to each line of text.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yeah but why is it a gif instead of a video?

I hate these gifs with the randomly bolded text throughout the content.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

That bothers me about American comics.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's for tumblr basically

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I've found it kind of endearing ever since playing [Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon] as a kid.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

DontMockMySmock posted:

I've found it kind of endearing ever since playing [Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon] as a kid.

What emotion is that facial expression meant to convey?

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?
Soiled Meat
Constipated Muppet.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Missed this the first time, GOOD ONE.

datajugend posted:

deep space 9

god... GOD:drat:

To be fair, 20 inches is a really drat short bridge.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Pink Flamingos sequel looking good.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/gSnLUI9.mp4

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ariong posted:

What emotion is that facial expression meant to convey?

:goleft:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
e. freude is me!

Kennel has a new favorite as of 13:02 on Feb 21, 2018

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
:banjo:

Weatherman has a new favorite as of 13:15 on Feb 21, 2018

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The true Trek Schadenfreude will always be (for me, at least) those moments when a brand of Trek fan comes into contact with the opinions of more casual fans, because it's generally clashing. It pops up from time to time in the Trek threads: they find a friend of theirs loves Voyager, or couldn't get through DS9, and are utterly shocked by it. Or just salty that their favorite Trek is the collective redheaded stepchild of the franchise; it's funny all the same.

It manifests itself in other ways, like when the franchise does a Thing and there's surprise (or low-key upset) when the details of the Thing boil down to "TOS! TNG! VOYAGER! ENTERPRISE! ohandds9iguess"

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 12:59 on Feb 21, 2018

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Weatherman posted:

Wrong thread?

Haha, whoops.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

i think you let the two-year-old die rather than loving the two-year-old

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sandoz posted:

i think you let the two-year-old die rather than loving the two-year-old

Man, the Sophie's Choice reboot is dark as gently caress

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

My new fetish is getting my nose broken by a women's vulva

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Conservatives on Twitter are dealing with a "Twitter Purge" that is losing them many hundreds of followers. Sure, those followers were Russian bots, but it's a purge of conservatives, for sure you guys.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Kinda hilarious how twitter bans people for being “threatening” when they say something completely ridiculous. Like how Lowtax got the boot for saying Baked Alaska should have concrete poured on him, or

quote:

On the other end of the political spectrum, actor Paul F. Tompkins appears to have been suspended overnight for telling Marco Rubio to eat ten D-sized batteries

:lol:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Lol, of course, cats and dogs never get along.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

I hope this cat's name is mongoose.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK7roTklGyg

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol, Milo has sunk so low he's now on Info Wars shilling for those quack supplements they sell.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

muscles like this! posted:

Lol, Milo has sunk so low he's now on Info Wars shilling for those quack supplements they sell.

Well, couldn't we technically have him committed for suicidal thoughts since he's just taking a very slow route towards lead poisoning?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

muscles like this! posted:

Oh, the genius pills? Being sold by the brainlord who repped himself in court? Cool.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not Operator posted:

Oh, the genius pills? Being sold by the brainlord who repped himself in court? Cool.

Well you should know that him dropping the case was actually a victory for him because he caused the publisher to lose money through lawyer fees and that's obviously what he wanted to do in the first place.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Not Operator posted:

My favorite bit of that court case was that he couldn't recall things about his kids because he had just eaten a big bowl of chili.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

:discourse: