Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Plus just in general I think they're aware enough that doing a victory lap on the corpses of a bunch of dead white kids is a bad look for anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Dinesh seems like that kind of nerd who bullies the special needs kid because he thinks being a bully is how you get accepted.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Dinesh is actually an alien in a skin suit that is doing his best approximation of the right wing grift, but doesn’t actually understand human interaction or any historical context. His mannerisms and face make way more sense in this context

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I've never heard of Armond White but stumbled upon this little gem in the Comic Book Movie thread of all places:

What a loving rear end in a top hat.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
Meanwhile, the guy who runs Gateway Pundit and is spreading most of the Parkland lies has a panel.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

I’m a little terrified how quickly the false flag narrative took hold. Of all the things Infowars has pushed, the Sandy Hook false flag poo poo is the worst and makes me physically sick. Even though we’re in this thread to document and laugh at how crazy it is, I still feel like we’re frogs in boiling water who don’t appreciate how off the rails it’s really gotten.

I was eating dinner with some Norwegians who have been here for a few weeks, and the school shooting and Trump came up, and trying to explain Alex Jones and all of this poo poo to them was like explaining that Lizard people are real. They seemed to be waiting for the punch line but no, this very popular media empire believes this is all a government hoax to take away guns.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rent-A-Cop posted:

The DOJ is loving terrible at everything that isn't framing dull-normal teenagers for terrorism.

Seriously. They simply refused to try any case that a turnip couldn't win. So the second they actually have to work at it they fall on their faces.

This is more or less the excuse I get for why they didn't prosecute the banks during Obama (it would be too hard and we might fail). That's the nice way of looking at it that they just didn't want to do it for ideological reasons. Neither is really acceptable.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

turnip kid posted:

Meanwhile, the guy who runs Gateway Pundit and is spreading most of the Parkland lies has a panel.

It actually got canceled!
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/966321525262610432

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

paternity suitor posted:

I’m a little terrified how quickly the false flag narrative took hold. Of all the things Infowars has pushed, the Sandy Hook false flag poo poo is the worst and makes me physically sick. Even though we’re in this thread to document and laugh at how crazy it is, I still feel like we’re frogs in boiling water who don’t appreciate how off the rails it’s really gotten.

I was eating dinner with some Norwegians who have been here for a few weeks, and the school shooting and Trump came up, and trying to explain Alex Jones and all of this poo poo to them was like explaining that Lizard people are real. They seemed to be waiting for the punch line but no, this very popular media empire believes this is all a government hoax to take away guns.

remember that people still think 9/11 is a false flag

people denying reality because it's uncomfortable is part of the human condition

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

boner confessor posted:

remember that people still think 9/11 is a false flag

people denying reality because it's uncomfortable is part of the human condition

Just because it can never be said enough: reminder that bin laden waged a war in YouTube comments against the conspiracy theorists.

(I assume that’s what he’s doing in hell too.)

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

hobbesmaster posted:

Just because it can never be said enough: reminder that bin laden waged a war in YouTube comments against the conspiracy theorists.

I love the idea of an America immune to terrorism simply by virtue of immediately blaming every misfortune on fictional conspiracies.

Just an ISIS video with "fake and gay" commented on it forever.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

hobbesmaster posted:

wait what

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The ‘false flag’ stuff has become mainstream now that Infowars is no longer relegated to a dark corner of the Internet and Fox News continues its descent into becoming total conspiracy garbage (see: Hannity’s show now). Plus you had Breitbart, another garbage site that pushes conspiracies, become mainstream in 2016.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

How are the martyrs of the YouTube Comments Jihad rewarded in the afterlife

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

VitalSigns posted:

It's part of the training program. I know after a few days reading YouTube comments I'd be pretty ok with the idea of blowing myself up.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rent-A-Cop posted:

It's part of the training program. I know after a few days reading YouTube comments I'd be pretty ok with the idea of blowing myself up.

Or just be convinced that maybe it is time for the human race to bow out and allow something else to have a chance being the dominant species.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

VitalSigns posted:

They get to spend an eternity watching boob cam Bronze League of Legends streams and getting angry at the bad womens.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

FlamingLiberal posted:

The ‘false flag’ stuff has become mainstream now that Infowars is no longer relegated to a dark corner of the Internet and Fox News continues its descent into becoming total conspiracy garbage (see: Hannity’s show now). Plus you had Breitbart, another garbage site that pushes conspiracies, become mainstream in 2016.

the year is 2020: the right wing media market has become so big that Above Top Secret and Coast To Coast AM are now considered mainstream news media.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Instant Sunrise posted:

the year is 2020: the right wing media market has become so big that Above Top Secret and Coast To Coast AM are now considered mainstream news media.

You'll know they hit the big leagues when the NYT hires Alex Jones as a regular columnist.

Viewpoint diversity!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they gave john lott an op-ed this past week we're not that far from jones.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

hobbesmaster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_OIXfkXEj0

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 21, 2018

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Instant Sunrise posted:

I used to listen to C2C AM on an arena PA system during graveyard shifts. It was great.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

STAC Goat posted:

Some day I think it would be funny to sit down with the CPAC organizers and try and figure out where exactly the line is between "unacceptable" comments from the likes of Milo and D'Souza and "totally acceptable" comments from the likes of Nigel Farage, Jeanine Pirro, Pamela Gellar, David Clarke, and of course Donald Trump.

Oh, and Marion Le'Pen is at this year's event! But Dinesh crossed the line? What the gently caress is the line?

By the way, CPAC has a panel hosted by the Gateway Pundit who are the ones advancing the conspiracy theory that the Parkland Kids are paid actors.

because like milo, he is one of the good ones. he is expendable asset. if he does something "gauche" they will toss him on his rear end. its a small concession.

probaly because geller is nut even for them somehow and danmore failed. plus they actualy don't give to fucks about free speech(or anything) they would censor the poo poo out of everything if they could.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I think CNN broke this Trump fan's brain:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/966257841186189312

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
https://twitter.com/mountain_goats/status/966312732575371265

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

there never was an era of gentleman's politics. anyone saying so is just trying to frame their shithead transgressive behavior as validated by a debased world

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ah yes the right wing is well known for decorum.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Groovelord Neato posted:

ah yes the right wing is well known for decorum.

Only the most polite fascists get hired by the NYT to tell mass shooting survivors that gun control can wait until we learn to respect the poor Republican voters and gun owners.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I live one town over from Newtown, CT and the false flag bullshit even exists here. Still.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Minenfeld! posted:

I live one town over from Newtown, CT and the false flag bullshit even exists here. Still.

I was a senior in high school when Sandy Hook happened and I now regret that people my age didn't do what these kids are doing now, then.

We could've stopped this and instead we sat and watched Obama on TV.

Edit: grammar

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Feb 21, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Lightning Knight posted:

I was a senior in high school when Sandy Hook happens and I now regret that people my age didn't do what these kids are doing now, then.

We could've stopped this and instead we sat and watched Obama on TV.

Don't beat yourself up, man, I think most of us were just loving shocked (somehow) when Sandyhook happened. It was clearly a wastershed moment for gun control, even if it didn't immediately produce results.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Chilichimp posted:

Don't beat yourself up, man, I think most of us were just loving shocked (somehow) when Sandyhook happened. It was clearly a wastershed moment for gun control, even if it didn't immediately produce results.

I know. I actually was a junior, now that I'm thinking about it, since it was in the spring. I remember watching on TV with my mom, and the astonishment that they really weren't going to do poo poo about it.

gently caress all these right-wing shitbirds trying to stop these kids.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Plus, if any millennial-run group had pushed for gun control at that time, they would have just been dismissed as outside agitators that were bused in from out-of-town/state/country. They wouldn't have even gotten an interview anywhere. It's a lot harder to dismiss kids who actually survived a shooting, but the kids at Sandy Hook had the disadvantage of, y'know, being elementary schoolers, so everyone in the media just said "What a tragedy!" and then shrugged their shoulders and went back to business as usual.

This situation is relatively unique because, for one, the survivors are old enough to be able to process and organize a movement like this, and for two, the national climate has reached the point where school shootings are less "shocking and unprecedented events" and more "routine to the point of absurdity". This is finally a situation where conservatives can't say to gun control advocates "Oh well you're just a Soros-funded commie agitator trying to get our guns" and get off scot free.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I was a junior in high school (and a trench-coat wearing edgelord) when Columbine went down.

I want to say that was the start of this poo poo for the millennial generation... and as the events and bodies pile up it's become this thing now where they have active shooter drills in loving SCHOOLS and dude the status quo ain't loving cuttin' it anymore, man.

And we can't, as a people, just leave these kids in barrels where they get slaughtered because a bunch of rebellious rich white fuckers decided 200 years ago that guns would always be necessary for every day life. We just loving can't. Lawmakers are leaving OTHER PEOPLES KIDS out there at risk of the next shooting. It's time to loving take away high capacity semi auto weapons. Just loving full stop.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Chilichimp posted:

And we can't, as a people, just leave these kids in barrels where they get slaughtered because a bunch of rebellious rich white fuckers decided 200 years ago that guns would always be necessary for every day life.
well good news, that's not an accurate representation of the history and drafting of the Second Amendment at all, and all it takes is a Supreme Court with five actually qualified justices on it and we'll be a lot better off than we currently are

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah speaking of right wing media the mainstreaming of the individual right "interpretation" (fraud) of the second amendment is the result of decades of work by the gun lobby.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah speaking of right wing media the mainstreaming of the individual right "interpretation" (fraud) of the second amendment is the result of decades of work by the gun lobby.
The individual right interpretation is a couple of decades older than the collective right interpretation in US jurisprudence, and you can blame Kentucky for it. (1822 and 1842 respectively)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it was literally drafted as a collective right.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Groovelord Neato posted:

Hey if you think that's bad do some digging on The Federalist Society.

Here ya go.

Prepare to be depressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

The best part of this is someone tweeted a screenshot of D'Souza's comments at CPAC and asked if he could be removed from speaking at CPAC. A normal response would be to say "Wow those are really horrible comments and we have removed him from the speaking list."

Instead what happened is CPAC called it "Fake News" and claimed D'Souza was never actually scheduled to speak and that that person was viewing an archived picture of D'Souza.