Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Squizzle posted:

its me, im the guy who consistently enjoys lou reed way more than bowie

take a walk on the wild slide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Oiled and Ready posted:

The Amish woul never consent to linking up with the blight that is the MIC, they're far less corruptable than hobbits for example

"THAT'S NOT OPEN-MINDED!" I yelled in a communist voice. "WE SHOULD SMASH THE FASCISTS!"

"Silly commie," said Dumbledore, chuckling in a bourgeois way. "Don't you know Voltaire said that, 'I disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it'?"

"If you believe that," I said in a working voice, "why won't you allow us communists to have freedom of speech?"

"Some ideas have to be suppressed for awhile if they're too dangerous," Professor Pepsi explained corporately. "Communists will be given all the freedom of speech they want once they can't pose a real threat to capitalism anymore."

"Besides, communists still have freedom of speech," lied Dumbledore in a libertarian voice. "They can say what they want everywhere in this castle except in the classrooms. Of course, anarchists and fascists will be allowed to say whatever they want in the classrooms."

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Third World Reggin posted:

how did lowtax get banned from twitter

again

I stand by my idea that @jack is a goon lowtax banned 10 years ago and jack still holds a grudge

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/djdun3/status/966185327244337153

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

this is extremely my poo poo

god drat. if only.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

drat atheism cat. that's cold.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Squizzle posted:

berlin is probably the bleakest album i own

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Plinkey posted:

take a walk on the wild slide

fun game: put transformer on the turntable when a relative is visiting w a small child and when that song cones on see the insanely uncomfortable faces the parent(s) display

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

love too sue twitter for beleeting my botnets

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Squizzle posted:

he's my most favorite lowest form of life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj586GN569Y

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Squizzle posted:

fun game: put transformer on the turntable when a relative is visiting w a small child and when that song cones on see the insanely uncomfortable faces the parent(s) display

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3oxU9-zeiA

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
posted it before and i try to avoid that, but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22bw-te6tUA

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

triple sulk posted:

if you dont know this one, listen to move on backwards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkJJC7Ssrhs

just open in a background tab and listen, dont read the description

... is that all the young dudes?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

like this is when some shitstain leecher’s login for some 0day ftp stopped working and he goes into the irc channel to complain

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

lol he lost over half his followers

definitely not bot followers that he bought

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

berlin is probably the bleakest album i own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JfDU2Vj6k0

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
This particular bolded part from Hypernormalization is of paramount importance as we head into the primary season, since imo it's likely at least a few states will catch russian meddlers mid-meddle:

quote:

But then a technologist emerged who went much further. And his ideas would become central to Putin's grip on power. He was called Vladislav Surkov. 

Surkov came originally from the theatre world, and those who have studied his career say that what he did was take avant-garde ideas from the theatre and bring them into the heart of politics. Surkov's aim was not just to manipulate people, but to go deeper, and play with and undermine their very perception of the world so they are never sure what is really happening. 

Surkov turned Russian politics into a bewildering, constantly changing piece of theatre. He used Kremlin money to sponsor all kinds of groups--from mass anti-fascist youth organisations, to the very opposite--neo-Nazi skinheads. And liberal human rights groups who then attacked the government. Surkov even backed whole political parties that were opposed to President Putin. But the key thing was that Surkov then let it be known that this was what he was doing. Which meant that no-one was sure what was real or what was fake in modern Russia. 

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

noted cause of action, loss of twitter followers

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

or iguess if ur into the hippie no words stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyQJH615KwA

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

HEY NONG MAN posted:

this is extremely my poo poo

god drat. if only.

yea kind of gives a glimmer of hope right?

even if thats naivety i think theres still some comfort in knowing that did happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3WkIENVY_M

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Oiled and Ready posted:

This particular bolded part from Hypernormalization is of paramount importance as we head into the primary season, since imo it's likely at least a few states will catch russian meddlers mid-meddle:

yeah total obfuscation, aka hard leftism is your gut instinct and the way to go

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

hiall loving satan? okay nite all

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

one weird trick to win the presidency, democrats hate him!

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
hail yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfIfzVf8t6E

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

blaming satan for things is basically calling god an idiot bitch baby

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Quotey posted:

... is that all the young dudes?

it is

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jazerus posted:

"THAT'S NOT OPEN-MINDED!" I yelled in a communist voice. "WE SHOULD SMASH THE FASCISTS!"

"Silly commie," said Dumbledore, chuckling in a bourgeois way. "Don't you know Voltaire said that, 'I disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it'?"

"If you believe that," I said in a working voice, "why won't you allow us communists to have freedom of speech?"

"Some ideas have to be suppressed for awhile if they're too dangerous," Professor Pepsi explained corporately. "Communists will be given all the freedom of speech they want once they can't pose a real threat to capitalism anymore."

"Besides, communists still have freedom of speech," lied Dumbledore in a libertarian voice. "They can say what they want everywhere in this castle except in the classrooms. Of course, anarchists and fascists will be allowed to say whatever they want in the classrooms."

lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Squizzle posted:

blaming satan for things is basically calling god an idiot bitch baby

if God was so omnipotent he could head off people givign credit to Satan for things, so the truth is in the middle imho

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Squizzle posted:

noted cause of action, loss of twitter followers

Actus reuS? Unjust checkmark repo

Men's rea? Intended to de-clout me to embarrass me into cowing too the gay agenda

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
AHH YEEE AAA OOO

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

suing Twitter in cybercourt for Loss of Followers and Defamation

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
my love song to cspam when im 2 bottles of wine deep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCEx-7R_QY8

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

yeah total obfuscation, aka hard leftism is your gut instinct and the way to go

seriously. if you treat it as a game of logical outcomes, just go hard left with anyone who will play.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
god is so powerful he relinquieshes power hail satan

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Epic High Five posted:

hiall loving satan? okay nite all

gn, see you at the town hall :beerpal:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

"theres an omnipotent infinitely loving god w special interest in humanity, who created intentionally all things that exist aside that god itself"

"also theres a universal cosmic force of evil because idk maybe god is a fuckin moron???"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

god is so powerful he relinquieshes power hail satan

Lastgirl posted:

gn, see you at the town hall :beerpal:

god I fuckiung dread this and may not post during it because of how tremendously bad and angry it may make me

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDRi30GNFMc

:matters:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Squizzle posted:

"theres an omnipotent infinitely loving god w special interest in humanity, who created intentionally all things that exist aside that god itself"

"also theres a universal cosmic force of evil because idk maybe god is a fuckin moron???"

hell, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

a supernaturally powerful virtually unchecked evil preying on humanity seems like a real big oversight imo!!!;

• Locked thread